Iron Fist || Netflix

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Iron Fist || Netflix

Post by rincon on Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:02 pm

@RealGunner wrote:end of season spoilers

Spoiler:

Hand was so underwhelming. We saw how badass they were in DD S2. I mean matt struggled against them because they could hide their heartbeats and were deadly silent.

In IF they were generic thugs lol.

Matt would wipe the floor with every single one of them without a scratch.

Spoiler:
It seems like the Hand itself is quite complex and there are tons of different levels of threat in there. From Gao's badass assassins to Bakuto's entry level brainwashed college kids. In the end The Hand shows up again and apparently attacked K'un Lun, so that means that there is a more badass section of The Hand still around.

rincon
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:53 pm

@Freeza wrote:
@RealGunner wrote:Finished it

6.5/10

Had its moments but it was quite often dull. Writing is quite poor. Characters are inconsistent. Plot points all over the place. No character had any motivation at all and if they did, it made no sense.

Fight scenes were good but nowhere near as good as they were in DD1 and DD2.

Right Now

DD S1
Jessica Jones
DD S2
Luke Cage
Iron Fist

That's really not a good trajectory.

It's basically like this with every superhero show.

Arrow has gotten worse every season from season 2.
Flash worse every season
Every season of a Netflix show or new series gets worse.

Except for Legends of Tomorrow hmm

Although it still hasn't had it's mortal 3rd season that CW supershows seem to have.
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla on Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:28 pm

8 episodes in.

Weak story, meh actors and characters. Danny can't fight for shit, needs atleast a year of training before filming.

MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:49 am

Spoiler:
Finished it

Did enjoy it, had some really good parts but yeah was madly inconsistent. The end with Joy lmaoooo wtf is that. 10 minutes after finding out Danny is set up by her father, the father he protected along with her and Ward 400000 times she's cool with discussing his death. After being built up as the shows voice of morality and reason. rofl wtf is that. Horrible.

The Hand smh. More like rent-a-thugs. Prime Nobu is turning in his grave. Him and the hand we seen with him were on a different level to these jobbers. That Mo Salah Bukakke feller was a jobber. Tbh his watered down version of the hand were probably the good guys. They were right about society being run by corporations and they would've probably done more good than Danny & friends.

Speaking of Danny, for somebody that was borderline going psychotic at the end with rage, as well as being a living weapon he sure did well to not actually try and take anybodies life Laughing

If the hand are the main enemy to Danny, DD, JJ and LC I hope they resemble something more like Nobu because they're absolute jobbers right now. Bunch of not even black belt kung fu dropouts Laughing

Mo Salah did say there was a member of the hand that looked forward to working with Danny in the 2nd last ep. Hope that person doesn't turn out to be some jobber too.

7/10. Should've been 8-8.5 with the potential it had.

Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:59 pm

@MaraVilla wrote:8 episodes in.

Weak story, meh actors and characters. Danny can't fight for shit, needs atleast a year of training before filming.

Agree that they should've casted someone else but if you read his comments it's clear that it's not just down to him not being good enough.

But really, I was learning the fight scenes 15 minutes before we actually shot them because the schedule was so tight,” Jones tells Metro. "So 15 minutes before, the stunt director would talk me through the choreography and I'd just jump straight into it. It really was a baptism of fire and I just learned on the job and I've been doing it for 12 months now. With practice, you just get better and better with dealing with that kind of schedule.”
[...]
“It was very intense, to begin with,” Jones says. “When I first moved over to New York, before I started actually filming, I had three weeks of very intense martial arts and weight training preparation. But then unfortunately once the show started, the filming schedule was just so tight – I was working 14 hours every day, six days a week, days into nights, nights into days – and actually my schedule didn’t allow me to continue the training as much as I really hoped.” http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/03/25/iron-fist-finn-jones-fight-scenes/

They really just didn't give a shit about having good fights in a show about a martial arts master rofl
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:27 pm

More and more often now TV shows are rushed to the point it *bleep* them up, Iron Fist wasn't even a sequel series or anything it's *bleep* new why can they not pencil in a proper schedule for it Laughing

Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:17 am

Watched it. The writing was absolutely terrible and some of the characters were really stupid. There's just too many bad moments for me to list them. The first couple of episodes were slow paced, boring and dull as hell. Thankfully it got better in the middle but the endgame fell flat too. I can see why critics savaged it. Arrow season 2 was better, so was Flash season 1 and all the MCU Netflix shows so far. This was on par with Arrow season 1 for me.

Spoiler:
My favorite part of the show was when Danny was fighting all the other kung fu guys. They really should have based the show around that instead of convoluted schemes involving the Meachums. The fights against three of the Hand's chosen and the drunk guy, yeah those parts were really entertaining even though the choreography was not top notch. The show fell apart again when Bakuto was introduced (props to Tom for pointing out the resemblance to Salah rofl )

I appreciated Finn Jones's acting. He was a great Danny, its not his fault his character was a depowered moron. They really should not have butchered the source material WHICH IS SO GOOD and perfect for TV like that. Show dont tell. SHOW us Danny rising through the ranks at Kun Lun, kicking ass and facing the dragon. That would have been entertaining. Also the writing, jeez wouldn't it be better if Danny returned to New York because he learns The Hand is operating there. How convenient was it that he returns after fifteen years and his sworn enemies are controlling his company and he also happen to bump into Coleen a member of The Hand on the street?

If there is a season 2 Scott Buck should not touch it with a 10 foot pole. He ruined Dexter and he is gonna ruin Iron Fist too.

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.

https://giant.gfycat.com/DismalClutteredFlatfish.gif
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:21 pm

Spoiler:
Yeah that was hilariously overly complicated too.
So the primary focus of this group is to defeat the hand,
secondary goal obviously would be to guard the city from enemies like the hand. Danny, by disgusting plot convenience but from the characters POV was more like destiny, stumbled upon the Hand. In his own *bleep* company after falling into the monks hands as a kid. And he's the bad guy for 'deserting' them to do his primary job? Gtfo. Absolutely baffling his mate and any other monks didn't put 2 + 2 together being all spiritual and think maybe it's destiny he went back and ended up fighting the hand.

Not sure why they're too worried about such an organisation though. Aside from their 1 or 2 respectable members and their ability to bring people back from the dead we learned their recruits are mostly purposeless kids with ok martial arts skills. Doubt you need mythical human weapons for that.
Pretty sure Jessica Jones would have smashed the hand in Iron Fist Laughing

The more I think of it the more I am annoyed with as M99 said the lack of showing us the shit Danny went through and how awful the villains were. Marvels Netflix success has been arguably mostly down to the fantastic villains we've had.
But since Cottonmouth died and got replaced with imo a terrible, terrible villain we've also had these jobbers. Marvel TV shows are declining almost from DD S1 back the way which is disappointing because they should in theory get marginally better if not at least stay at a similar level. They seem to be 10x better at building up villains with mystery and suspense than they are executing it and showing us the villains.
They're turning out to be jobbers as of now. Thank f prime Kingpin will be a thing soon.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:25 pm

From this

To... well... Can't actually find anything on bakuto on youtube outside of the last fight because he's such a shit villain that nobody had any interest in. For a leader of a supremely evil organisation he was truly shit.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:06 pm

Can't believe they did a Cottonmouth again ffs
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett on Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:51 pm

The only superhero show worse than this is Supergirl. For a character that's supposed to be the best fighter in the Marvel universe, this had by far the worst fight scenes I've ever seen. Even Arrow as shit as it is had better fights. I was disappointed with everything about this show. Meh actors (except maybe Harold and Ward), shit story that also manages to be inconsistent, shit plot points, shit music and almost historically shit fight scenes. What a waste of time! 4/10.

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:00 pm

Have you watched the latest Supergirl season? It's pretty good, much improved to it's first season.
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:16 pm

@urbaNRoots wrote:Have you watched the latest Supergirl season? It's pretty good, much improved to it's first season.

Not touching that shit with a 10 ft pole.

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:00 pm

Iron fist vs drunk chinese anime guy was the best part of iron fist imo

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett on Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:24 am

@RealGunner wrote:Iron fist vs drunk chinese anime guy was the only good part part of iron fist imo

FIFY.

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:55 pm

Some of the ward scenes were decent imo. Good character.
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:05 pm

Ward was great, by far the best character in the show for me. The contrast between a character like Ward and Bakuto :facepalm:
rincon
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:35 pm

Thought Harold did well too. Ward and Harold were the best two characters on the show.

The sister :facepalm: "omg let me send some m&m's to Danny so he can rearrange them and that'll be proof he's Danny" seriously, f off!

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:49 pm

Harold was great. Ward annoyed me at first, typical person in denial even though their *bleep* city has seen alien invasions and avengers etc, couldn't believe a danny looking guy is danny after reasonable proof. But he came into his own and by the time he was bordering on a breakdown he was in some of my favourite scenes.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top