Freeza
Kaladin
Tomwin Lannister
Great Leader Sprucenuce
zigra
25 posters

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 19 Empty Re: Star Wars – Official Canon Thread. - RIP Carrie Fisher

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:55 pm

Vibe wrote:I don't understand why there is never anything about The Old Republic, which is for me, by far the most interesting Star Wars period.

Darth Revan FFS

Agreed, but I think Benioff and Weiss are doing that period. It's been heavily rumoured at least.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 19 Empty Re: Star Wars – Official Canon Thread. - RIP Carrie Fisher

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:14 pm

Didn't Disney say that stuff isn't canon anymore lol?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:18 pm

Canon lmao. rofl Whoever holds the rights to a franchise says what's canon, not that it matters to the fans. Star Wars sadly is dod.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:58 pm

A new rumor has suggested that the upcoming series of Star Wars films by Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss will take place during the Old Republic era.

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/03/20/star-wars-rumor-says-the-old-republic-will-be-focus-of-movies-from-game-of-thrones-showrunners
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:17 pm

RealGunner wrote:A new rumor has suggested that the upcoming series of Star Wars films by Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss will take place during the Old Republic era.

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/03/20/star-wars-rumor-says-the-old-republic-will-be-focus-of-movies-from-game-of-thrones-showrunners

I need this...
Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 19 Raph-lomotan-revan1
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:32 pm

Please be true
Please be true
Please be true
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:36 pm

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:45 pm

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:13 pm

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 19 Giphy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:04 pm

RealGunner wrote:A new rumor has suggested that the upcoming series of Star Wars films by Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss will take place during the Old Republic era.

The Old Republic is by far the most interesting era... If you ever played KOTOR you know it.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:35 am

Freeza wrote:

Thoughts?

What does the title mean?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:40 am

This thread:

https://twitter.com/OfWudan/status/1116767056592904193
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:13 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Thoughts?

What does the title mean?

Jedi as a term will be replaced by Skywalker for the new generation. They will leave behind the Jedi code and start a new group that honours Luke and Leia’s sacrifices.

That’s what I think it means.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:15 pm

If Emperor has a role does that mean Vader is in the film too hmm

Would make sense IMO, end the entire Skywalker story with how it began.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:53 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:If Emperor has a role does that mean Vader is in the film too hmm

Would make sense IMO, end the entire Skywalker story with how it began.

I personally don't consider them canon. Star Wars ended after VI for me.

So they said the past has to die and they want to bring back The Emperor? rofl

Star wars was finished once George Lucsa left.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:57 pm

Tbf if they want to ignore Episode 8 ever existed I'm fine with that lol.

Episode 7 was done with JJ Abrams and Episode 9 is too so what ever conflicts with his vision is fine by me to be completely ignored lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:27 pm

George Lucas made 1 good Star Wars movie lol.

Also it’s been half-confirmed Lucas ordered a lot of the plot points for this sequel trilogy.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:45 pm

What a god damn disgrace these new films are. The peeps behind them are putain desigraziadis.  

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 19 Giphy
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:51 am

jibers wrote:

They didn't say the past had to die lol, the person that said that was Kylo, literally the villain of the movie.

The message of the film was basically the opposite, that although romanticizing the past blindly is dangerous it shouldn't be abandoned altogether, it is still valuable in the present.

Having said that I think if Palpatine physically comes back to life it would be dumb, especially if he's then the main villain of the movie. Would just be lazy.

If he's some sort of Sith ghost or a Holocron or something though I can see it working well to tie the whole saga together.

But people that are pushing the narrative that this is JJ's way of undoing Ep8 (at least based on what we've seen so far) clearly didn't understand Ep8 at all.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:11 am

Cruijf wrote:
jibers wrote:

They didn't say the past had to die lol, the person that said that was Kylo, literally the villain of the movie.

The message of the film was basically the opposite, that although romanticizing the past blindly is dangerous it shouldn't be abandoned altogether, it is still valuable in the present.

Having said that I think if Palpatine physically comes back to life it would be dumb, especially if he's then the main villain of the movie. Would just be lazy.

If he's some sort of Sith ghost or a Holocron or something though I can see it working well to tie the whole saga together.

But people that are pushing the narrative that this is JJ's way of undoing Ep8 (at least based on what we've seen so far) clearly didn't understand Ep8 at all.

Doesn't bother me, Star Wars finished after Ep 6 as far as I'm concerned. No Lucas, No Party.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:53 pm

You are right, the prequels were masterpieces and true Star Wars films. If only Lucas would come back and make more of those Sad
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:33 pm

@Freeza what's your thoughts on The Mandalorian? don't think you mentioned anything about it.

I'm hyped for everything atm Laughing Will be getting Disney + for easy access for Star Wars stuff i've left alone and new stuff is cool.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:38 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:@Freeza what's your thoughts on The Mandalorian? don't think you mentioned anything about it.

I'm hyped for everything atm Laughing Will be getting Disney + for easy access for Star Wars stuff i've left alone and new stuff is cool.

I think I mentioned I wasn't hyped at all in the start.

Then I saw Werner Herzog was in it, and Taika Waititi as a robot. And now I'm absolutely hooked.

I'm just sad Disney + will only be available in NA for the first time though. They'll have an insane library to start with.

Guess it'll be on Netflix here or something. Like DC Universe's shows are, once they've released all episodes.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:49 pm

They said it will come to others later, i suspect it will be pretty similar to other services like it tbh.

Remember Netflix being pretty similar at the outset, i expect UK/Europe to have it in first 2/3 months.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:02 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:They said it will come to others later, i suspect it will be pretty similar to other services like it tbh.

Remember Netflix being pretty similar at the outset, i expect UK/Europe to have it in first 2/3 months.

2/3 months would be wild fast tbh. It would be incredible.

Maybe in the UK. Doubt it would happen here that fast. There still seem to be released Disney movies on Netflix each week.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu May 02, 2019 11:59 pm

Peter Mayhew just passed away Sad

r.i.p
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next