Kaladin
M99
Firenze
Tomwin Lannister
Great Leader Sprucenuce
14 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 32 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 32

Post by M99 Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:54 pm

Onyx wrote:
ES wrote:MT why do you hate these people from indy backgrounds? Why always so agitated? I get the feeling you are threatened by them for some reason, dunno why. But whatever it is, it has no grounds, WWE's best stars over the past couple of years were vanilla midgets, Bryan, Punk, heck even Cena when he started out was completely trash and people hated him. Your hate for AJ Styles is misplaced, you can see he isn't that good of a talker, but to link that trash video of your dumbass cousins was facepalm. AJ is the best performer of 2016, period. His match with Cena? Phenomenal. His match with Dean? Amazing. His work throughout? Fantastic. Heck he even made Roman bearable, it was one of the best feud of the year even. When was the last time Roman was involved in an amazing feud? The match itself  was probably one of the best Roman was in since that TLC match against the Wyatts. So, mt, i know you will still not change your viewpoint. Let me ask you this: How are you trying to be a revolutionary when you are such a traditionalist? Think about it

That's mainly the issue though. Smarks think that just because a guy has 'good matches' and a solid indy background it automatically makes them a main event talent.

There's nothing special about Styles other than the fact that he has good matches. The majority of the roster nowadays can have good matches if they're given the time. Styles seems to get all the credit for his matches against Reigns and Cena. However Reigns/Cena were just as good imo.

Bryan and Punk are 2 of my all time favourites. Punk because of his amazing promos and storyline in 2011 and Bryan with his underdog persona and quest to win the WWE title in 2013/14.

Styles? Character and story wise he's done nothing special to get people behind him. He joined and won the world title in 8 months. What did he do as an overall character in those 8 months to warrant a World title win? I mean you needed to have done something special if you're going to win a world title that soon imo.

That's just my philosophy on it all though. There's no right or wrong opinion here imo.

You must be deluded to think that it's only smarks who thinks AJ is a main event talent. He gets the loudest cheers in every city he goes to, he is clearly over with the casuals too. He can be *bleep* hilarious and cut intense promos when the time calls for it. He can't cut pipe bombs but he can be a good heel talker. What he did in 8 months is be the best all round performer in the roster, certainly the best heel. Its no different to Ric Flair coming to WWE in the 90s and win the world title in a few months.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 32 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 32

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:34 pm

M99 wrote:I predicted that because AJ repeatedly said he wants to retire at age 40. Maybe the WWE money will make him go for a few more years but he also actively talked about being a coach on NXT. He certainly still has retirement on his mind.

While that is true, i think he said retiring at age 40 was a thing he said a while back. I think he knows that he still has a few good years left in him.

But like i said i would be surprised if he's still wrestling full time in 5 years time, we might get him on the HBK schedule in terms of more TV and less house shows if we are lucky but i doubt it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:48 pm

M99 wrote:
You must be deluded to think that it's only smarks who thinks AJ is a main event talent. He gets the loudest cheers in every city he goes to, he is clearly over with the casuals too. He can be *bleep* hilarious and cut intense promos when the time calls for it. He can't cut pipe bombs but he can be a good heel talker. What he did in 8 months is be the best all round performer in the roster, certainly the best heel. Its no different to Ric Flair coming to WWE in the 90s and win the world title in a few months.

I was actually surprised to see Styles get over with casuals so soon. I think it was mainly to do with the way he was presented and the abundance of smark crowds/smark influence.

But strictly speaking from a character/story perspective, at no point did he show me anything to get me invested in him as a superstar. Whether that be his promos, character work, charisma, backstory etc, nothing has impressed me so far. At least not to the point where I think he's main event material. Everybody knows he's a great worker, but he's not great at anything else.

Again, this is just my opinion. Not everybody's going to like/dislike the same wrestlers imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:30 pm

Onyx wrote:
M99 wrote:

I was actually surprised to see Styles get over with casuals so soon. I think it was mainly to do with the way he was presented and the abundance of smark crowds/smark influence.

But strictly speaking from a character/story perspective, at no point did he show me anything to get me invested in him as a superstar. Whether that be his promos, character work, charisma, backstory etc, nothing has impressed me so far. At least not to the point where I think he's main event material. Everybody knows he's a great worker, but he's not great at anything else.

Again, this is just my opinion. Not everybody's going to like/dislike the same wrestlers imo.

Thats the thing. You dislike him so much that you refuse to believe that others liked him because they like and were entertained by what they saw. You keep on blaming smark crowds/smark influence.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:34 pm

I was gonna say, if it was smark crowds/smark influence other indie guys on the roster would be getting over with the casual crowd too but they are not.

At least not to the same extent.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:00 pm

Let's assume most casuals didn't know who Styles was prior to him joining the WWE. In his first 4 months he got average reactions unless it was a smark crowd.

Now taking into account his best match didn't come until May vs Reigns, how did he get such loud dueling chants against Cena (in May) during their first interaction, despite the fact that he didn't do much in the months leading up to that segment?

The only explanation to that is smark influence and presentation. He went up against 2 polarising superstars (Cena/Reigns) in back to back feuds. It was a strategic move by WWE to get Styles over faster.

I'm not saying it wasn't down to his talent. We won't know for sure what it is unless we speak to casual fans. Just saying smark influence and presentation played a big part.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:12 pm

I doubt it was tbh, mainly because when he came in it's quite common knowledge WWE didn't have anywhere close to main event plans with him.

He was put in the Reigns feud for two reasons. 1. Despite the crowd reactions being inconsistent it was still better than most of the roster 2. Vince knew he could rely on him to get a great match out of Roman like he did with Bryan before.

Vince basically loved him from that point on and reports started coming out he wished he signed him 10 years ago, i don't think they initially planned to put him over huge against Cena though.

It was a mixture of crowd reactions getting ridiculous, draft happening and Smackdown needing someone to build around and Cena becoming more and more part time.

Like most things in wrestling it was about timing, as was the Reigns feud as i'm convinced they was going to Wyatt and Reigns but he got injured.

But i don't believe WWE had a strategic plan from the get go to get him over, there's nothing about his initial run that suggests that. It would be smart of them to have done that but i don't think that's what happened.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:35 pm

Even if it wasn't an intentional move by the WWE, I still believe him going up against Cena/Reigns played a part in him getting over and consistently getting a reaction from casual crowds.

From their WWE hopped on the bandwagon and continued to push him and present him as a legitimate player.

Either way though for me personally like I said he hasn't show enough as a character/storyline wise to get invested in him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:40 pm

Owens and the Rock backstage on RAW. Owens was probably wondering what the Rock was cooking that day. hmm

The Official WWE Thread - Part 32 - Page 10 Korock.0.0-1487790198-800

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:02 pm

Onyx wrote:Even if it wasn't an intentional move by the WWE, I still believe him going up against Cena/Reigns played a part in him getting over and consistently getting a reaction from casual crowds.

From their WWE hopped on the bandwagon and continued to push him and present him as a legitimate player.

Either way though for me personally like I said he hasn't show enough as a character/storyline wise to get invested in him.

Sure it was the reason he got over, but who cares really lol. People get over in different ways , it doesn't matter how you do it.

All i see is excuses because you never thought he'd get over and you are struggling to come to grips with it.

Everything he does, there's always an excuse. It's basically the equivalent of me saying Bryan only got over because of an easy to repeat chant and the storyline being tailor made for him.

Even if that's the case it doesn't really matter, fact of the matter is he's over trying to diminish that and look for excuses and reasons why is just silly.

Although i did the same for Bryan and felt the same with regards to character/storyline wise to care about him so i understand.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:13 pm

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/2/25/14736934/shinsuke-nakamura-aj-styles-quotes-face-each-other-wwe-wrestlemania-33?utm_campaign=cagesideseats&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Gotta do Shane doe.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:18 pm

Most of my favourite superstars are those that organically got over due to their character or storyline.

Styles didn't imo which is why he doesn't interest me. If Reigns was cheered right now, I wouldn't care about him either.

Maybe I'll eventually like Styles, who knows. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:21 pm

Anyone seen this Tom Phillips (commentator for WWE if you don't know) banter lol?

WWE announcer Tom Phillips has allegedly been caught in somewhat of an online affair, after photos have surfaced of an exchange between him and a woman on Instagram.

The woman claiming to have been involved with Phillips posted the following on Instagram, before switching her profile to private. It included a photo (featured below) showing a sexually explicit conversation between her and the WWE announcer over what appears to be Twitter direct message:

“This is why I don’t trust people. Without my friends I never would’ve known that a high profile WWE commentator who was talking to me and wanted to get together, is engaged. I had zero idea and I couldn’t be more sorry to the girl involved. You deserve better than this. Apparently nobody is faithful anymore.”

Since the story first broke online, Phillips has switched all his public social media profiles to private.

The Official WWE Thread - Part 32 - Page 10 Unnamed

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:30 pm

Yeh he's the announcer who stands with his legs wide open (no pun intended) just so he appears shorter. hmm

The Official WWE Thread - Part 32 - Page 10 LW19aKc

The Official WWE Thread - Part 32 - Page 10 6BVcSw5

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:33 am

The Official WWE Thread - Part 32 - Page 10 C5dfbCDVAAAeBK4

The Official WWE Thread - Part 32 - Page 10 1908182_893060250733030_763155386965552930_n-3

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:13 pm

People Power indeed.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:51 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Anyone seen this Tom Phillips (commentator for WWE if you don't know) banter lol?

WWE announcer Tom Phillips has allegedly been caught in somewhat of an online affair, after photos have surfaced of an exchange between him and a woman on Instagram.

The woman claiming to have been involved with Phillips posted the following on Instagram, before switching her profile to private. It included a photo (featured below) showing a sexually explicit conversation between her and the WWE announcer over what appears to be Twitter direct message:

“This is why I don’t trust people. Without my friends I never would’ve known that a high profile WWE commentator who was talking to me and wanted to get together, is engaged. I had zero idea and I couldn’t be more sorry to the girl involved. You deserve better than this. Apparently nobody is faithful anymore.”

Since the story first broke online, Phillips has switched all his public social media profiles to private.

The Official WWE Thread - Part 32 - Page 10 Unnamed

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:58 pm

LMFAOOOOOOOO rofl rofl
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:53 pm

Elias Samson debuting on RAW after WM according to Meltzer. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:01 pm

Nicknames

"The Drifter"[3]
"Heavy Metal Jesus"[3][7]
"The Frontman"[3]
"King of Song Style"[

sounds like a jobber

rock fandango
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:35 pm

He's over as a heel imo. Gets the most heat on NXT by far.

Character is much more serious than Fandango. He's an outlaw drifter type guy. Has a lot of potential to work on the main roster imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:43 pm

His theme. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:45 pm

Looks like Sandow. That explains it.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:50 pm

lmao was going to say the exact thing after seeing the video Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:04 pm

Rollins + Sandow + Macho Man imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:55 pm

Samson has go away heat lol.

Also he's a complete jobber, basically in every segment he runs away or gets beat down.

In his matches he barely lasts 5 minutes, his gimmick is technically interesting but he's never been booked like someone you feel like you could get invested in.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next