5 time European Champions vs. 13 time 4th Place Champions

+2
Unique
Curtinho
6 posters

Go down

5 time European Champions vs. 13 time 4th Place Champions Empty 5 time European Champions vs. 13 time 4th Place Champions

Post by Curtinho Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:23 pm

Soooo after the absolutely dreadful showing against Leicester hopefully the lads and manager have had a long look in the mirror to kind of question what we're really about here. I'm less worried about this game to be completely honest if only because Arsene is probably the only manager in the league more stubborn in his approach than Klopp. It'll likely be a very open game with a bunch of goals, and the main concern I have is that I think Can will probably still be starting in midfield which could end very badly for us. In positive news however it sounds like Lovren might be making a return.

Clyne - Matip - Lovren - Milner
Can
Lallana - Wijnaldum
Mané - Firmino - Coutinho

That's what I'd expect to see. Personally I'd prefer Lucas over Can in the holding role. At the end of the day if we play the way Klopp likes to, and execute well, we should be able to blitz these guys. This is a very personal game for me as my closest friends are Arsenal fans and we'll be watching the game together. A loss would not go over well for me in this fragile time.

So, regardless of what the side is we need a win here to keep any faint hopes we have left of finishing in the top 4 alive. What I'd really like to see is a statement rout similar to that of 13/14 -- the same win that propelled us to a 11 game win streak and nearly vaulted us to a title. Hoping we can repeat history a little bit here.

YNWA
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

5 time European Champions vs. 13 time 4th Place Champions Empty Re: 5 time European Champions vs. 13 time 4th Place Champions

Post by Unique Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:01 pm

Liverpool will win this game and red alert will send klopp nudes. Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

5 time European Champions vs. 13 time 4th Place Champions Empty Re: 5 time European Champions vs. 13 time 4th Place Champions

Post by Red Alert Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:51 am

Liverpool will win this game and unique will get jealous after I send klopp nudes. Laughing

Knob.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:50 pm

Wouldn't mind any nudes, just get the win FFS.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:57 pm

klopp better get ready he is about to get some nudes in the post from red alert Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:09 am

Unique wrote:klopp better get ready he is about to get some nudes in the post from red alert Laughing
Bring it on Thumbs up
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:18 am

Curtinho making the threads now.

Great win, We were comfortable from start to finish but im really tired of winning these top matches, Those bragging rights don't count for shite if you're finishing 7th.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:57 am

Nishankly wrote:Curtinho making the threads now.

Great win, We were comfortable from start to finish but im really tired of winning these top matches, Those bragging rights don't count for shite if you're finishing 7th.
good news is in the next 3 games we play burnley man city and everton so that's 2 wins and a loss
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:57 pm

Well, it was a nice game to watch. Thought a bit nervy toward the middle/end of the game Liverpool put out a strong performance as they always do against teams that don't sit back in blocks and look to hit on the counter. Unfortunately, and oddly enough, the real test will be against Burnley who will almost surely try to do just that.

Still, it was nice to see a strong performance from Firmino in this game and Origi looked bright in his brief time on the field. Love Wijnaldum's passion and the energy to make that run through the middle even in the 91st minute after doing quite a bit all game. Can scared the **** out of me constantly...Henderson can't return fast enough.

Now it's up to Klopp to show some kind of pragmatism against the mid and lower table sides. Have to say though loved winning this one while watching it with a few Arsenal fans.

YNWA
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:45 am

For the love of god look at the tempo / urgency players have against the "top sides" and the same mentality we have against the weaker sides.

We'll be "slow" and "patient" against Burnley. That's not how Klopp sets up his team. And why a squad overhaul will come in the summer.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:12 pm

I believe a match thread is in order hmm
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:18 pm

I give @curtinho another 90 minutes to make the match thread otherwise I'll do it :coffee:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:09 pm

Sorry lads they blocked goallegacy at my work. Sad I'll have a thread up in a little while.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:48 am

I believe a game thread is in order hmm
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down