RealGunner
CBarca
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

March Madness 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: March Madness 2017

Post by CBarca Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:00 pm

basically crying atm

With the way this team has been playing until March I had no expectations. Won the first game but it was sketch, then to beat the reigning champions and overall #1 seed while being completely f**ked by the refs the entire game. It's incredible. Bronson with the clutch factor, hayes with the winner, did it while playing Wisconsin basketball.

Incredible game, best of the tournament so far (which has been pretty average). What an upset (although Wisconsin is more like a 5 or 6 seed).

Which is again, and I think I made this point, ridiculous. What is the committee doing giving teams like Wisconsin an 8 seed? There is no need to have either Wisconsin or Villanova going out during the second round. Great game, fun to watch, but teams of that quality should be facing off in the sweet sixteen or later.

Congrats McLewis on winning the first game. I really dislike Michigan State (respect Izzo though), but I might be able to root for you guys...maybe. Young team though, I didn't expect you guys to even win the first round.

Now time to support my parents alma mater, Purdueeeee

I'm so hyped it's unreal. I wasn't sure this Wisconsin team would even get past the first round rofl

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:03 pm

Freeza wrote:Wisconsin playing ugly ass basketball... damn Laughing

Lot of casuals hate the way we play because we play great defense with a meh offense, and we slow the game down as much as possible while trying to play inside more than out. I embrace it, I love the way we play, although I do get annoyed with our complete lack of dribble penetration and at times we can't make a basket for 3-5 minutes at a time.

Those refs need to never ref in the tournament again though. Lord they were bad
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:07 pm

CBarca wrote:
Freeza wrote:Wisconsin playing ugly ass basketball... damn Laughing

Lot of casuals hate the way we play because we play great defense with a meh offense, and we slow the game down as much as possible while trying to play inside more than out. I embrace it, I love the way we play, although I do get annoyed with our complete lack of dribble penetration and at times we can't make a basket for 3-5 minutes at a time.

Those refs need to never ref in the tournament again though. Lord they were bad

Wouldn't call myself a casual considering the amount I watch the sport hmm

Hayes was good though. That Jordan move at the end was nice.

I just didn't like the half court offense at all. The ball security and dribling was awful at times.

A guard would have done wonders for you in this game.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:55 pm

I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to casuals in general. Actually I shouldn't have said casuals, a lot of people in general don't like the way we play.

And yeah our PG is more of an SG than a PG
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:10 pm

Michigan State holding on here against Kansas. Really impressive effort here
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:36 am

Great day today. #7 Michigan takes out #2 Louisville in so far one of the most remarkable post seasons I've seen (started off the post season in a plane crash on the runway, no one injured, pondered forfeiting their big ten tournament game but played anyway and ended up winning the big 10 tournament).

#2 Duke knocked off by #7 South Carolina. Watched the whole game, incredible stuff. Probably the biggest turnaround I've ever seen in terms of play between two halves from South Carolina. Atrocious on offense in the first half, incredible the second. Seeing Duke go down is one of my favorite things in basketball. Absolute scum. South Carolina look like a real dangerous team, high alert for a Cinderella story here

Unfortunately McLewis's team goes out to Kansas.

The road just got a lot better for Wisconsin and the search for a third final four in four years. It would be insane if we did it, but we need to focus on the next two games first. No easy games, and I won't be too upset to lose next round as WI have already exceeded expectations.

The first round disappointed, but the second round has been excellent. Tournament will take a break until next Thursday-Friday and then Saturday-Sunday.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:43 pm

Meh Kansas dismantled us, as expected.

Not going to root for UM, but will watch their run with more interest now.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:52 pm

Don't know how I feel about them. I find the whole "conference pride" thing dumb (though I find it hilarious the big 10, called weak all year, has 3 teams in the sweet sixteen). I don't feel any need to root for them, and I don't particularly like them.

That being said, they're an underdog and they've got a great story. They go one round further and I could see them getting a 30 for 30 tbh Laughing

I'm indifferent.

Everyone who is watching, you guys are Wisconsin fans. You too McLewis.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:27 pm

I'm cool with that. Go Badgers!
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:41 am

Well after last year's exit another soul crushing last second loss was exactly what I wanted/needed. Every year. Wtf.

At least it was a helluva game. Easily the best of the tournament and one of the best I've seen in the tournament for years.

Gonna have to make a new thread next year again so I don't have to relive this.

Said all year FT's would cost us a game when we needed it most. Here it is. Not even the first time this season either. Disgusting.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2