UCL QF: Dortmund vs Monaco (2016/17)

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who will progress to the semi finals?

38% 38% 
[ 6 ]
62% 62% 
[ 10 ]
 
Total Votes : 16

UCL QF: Dortmund vs Monaco (2016/17)

Post by urbaNRoots on Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:15 am

The ultimate hipsters battle.

Two teams with a great attack and terrible defence.

Which team will prevail?
avatar
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 14226
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL QF: Dortmund vs Monaco (2016/17)

Post by Firenze on Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:53 am

can't see anything other than a Monaco win tbh
avatar
Firenze
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 19361
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL QF: Dortmund vs Monaco (2016/17)

Post by iftikhar on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:34 am

RG didn't bother to open this thread??? hmm
avatar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 6698
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL QF: Dortmund vs Monaco (2016/17)

Post by urbaNRoots on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:35 am

iftikhar wrote:RG didn't bother to open this thread??? hmm


I opened it first, RG edited it.

_________________
avatar
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 14226
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL QF: Dortmund vs Monaco (2016/17)

Post by Winter is Coming on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:48 am

Going to be similar to City V Monaco. Expect lots of goals.

_________________

"I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi

Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3298
Join date : 2013-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL QF: Dortmund vs Monaco (2016/17)

Post by Robespierre on Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Aggregate 8-9 imo
avatar
Robespierre
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 9517
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL QF: Dortmund vs Monaco (2016/17)

Post by Socur Toxanarosa on Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:59 pm

Awful tie, messed up the rest of the competition, too bad because this CL was very interesting.

_________________
avatar
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 450
Join date : 2014-06-30
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL QF: Dortmund vs Monaco (2016/17)

Post by farfan on Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:04 pm

Socur Toxanarosa wrote:Awful tie, messed up the rest of the competition, too bad because this CL was very interesting.


Why ? people have had enough of the Madrid-Bayern-Barça-Atletico merry go round.
avatar
farfan
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 4037
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL QF: Dortmund vs Monaco (2016/17)

Post by Lord Awesome on Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:05 pm

Dortmund won't contain Monaco. 5-2 or 5-3 agg.

_________________
avatar
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 5695
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL QF: Dortmund vs Monaco (2016/17)

Post by Socur Toxanarosa on Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:19 pm

farfan wrote:
Socur Toxanarosa wrote:Awful tie, messed up the rest of the competition, too bad because this CL was very interesting.


Why ? people have had enough of the Madrid-Bayern-Barça-Atletico merry go round.


Because there are 5 teams much stronger than the rest and 2 of them will be eliminated at this round. At the same time, we'll have a weaker team in the semis, that will have little chance against whoever it gets.

_________________
avatar
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 450
Join date : 2014-06-30
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL QF: Dortmund vs Monaco (2016/17)

Post by windkick on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:12 pm

So, you want the stronger teams protected until the end so you get the 2 strongest teams facing each other? Don't want to see someone new potentially breaking through and causing a Cinderella story?

I am going with Monaco this tie.

_________________
Luis Suárez : "Nutmegs were my only option."
avatar
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 5861
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL QF: Dortmund vs Monaco (2016/17)

Post by Don't call me James on Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:10 pm

I think Monaco has a better shot in the semis against the big boys so I'll be rooting for them.

Dortmund choke too often for my liking.

_________________
avatar
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Sampdoria
Posts : 28121
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 100

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL QF: Dortmund vs Monaco (2016/17)

Post by breva on Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:20 pm

Dortmund has the edge, I think. Both had a relatively easy route and they are probably happy with the draw, although each would have preferred Leicester, I think.

_________________
avatar
breva
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1210
Join date : 2015-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL QF: Dortmund vs Monaco (2016/17)

Post by Socur Toxanarosa on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:12 pm

windkick wrote:So, you want the stronger teams protected until the end so you get the 2 strongest teams facing each other? Don't want to see someone new potentially breaking through and causing a Cinderella story?

I am going with Monaco this tie.


I do, but not when they only play between then. And yeah, i want the best teams in the semi's, don't give me another Bayern-Lyon/United-Schalke bullshit

_________________
avatar
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 450
Join date : 2014-06-30
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL QF: Dortmund vs Monaco (2016/17)

Post by farfan on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:48 pm

Lyon eliminated Madrid in 2010, not exactly an easy ride to the semis. hmm
avatar
farfan
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 4037
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL QF: Dortmund vs Monaco (2016/17)

Post by Socur Toxanarosa on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:19 pm

farfan wrote:Lyon eliminated Madrid in 2010, not exactly an easy ride to the semis. hmm


Everyone did until 2010 Laughing

_________________
avatar
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 450
Join date : 2014-06-30
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL QF: Dortmund vs Monaco (2016/17)

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:50 am

Socur Toxanarosa wrote:
farfan wrote:Lyon eliminated Madrid in 2010, not exactly an easy ride to the semis. hmm


Everyone did until 2010 Laughing

So what's your point. You would have wanted Real in the semis nonetheless because they have a bigger name? I'm having a hard time taking your posts seriously hmm

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Bayern Munich
Posts : 19587
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL QF: Dortmund vs Monaco (2016/17)

Post by zigra on Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:05 am

Socur Toxanarosa wrote:
farfan wrote:
Socur Toxanarosa wrote:Awful tie, messed up the rest of the competition, too bad because this CL was very interesting.


Why ? people have had enough of the Madrid-Bayern-Barça-Atletico merry go round.


Because there are 5 teams much stronger than the rest

No.
avatar
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax
Posts : 3011
Join date : 2013-08-15
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL QF: Dortmund vs Monaco (2016/17)

Post by Socur Toxanarosa on Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:18 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:So what's your point. You would have wanted Real in the semis nonetheless because they have a bigger name? I'm having a hard time taking your posts seriously hmm


I don't care about Real Madrid, just didn't want a 2nd tier team in the semi's, what's hard to understand?

_________________
avatar
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 450
Join date : 2014-06-30
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL QF: Dortmund vs Monaco (2016/17)

Post by zigra on Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:12 am

If Dortmund and Monaco are 2nd tier that means there are only 4 1st tier teams at all. And I actually agree with that but it's ridiculous to complain about the fact that these 4 teams can play against each other before the semis.


Last edited by zigra on Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax
Posts : 3011
Join date : 2013-08-15
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL QF: Dortmund vs Monaco (2016/17)

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:18 am

zigra wrote:If Dortmund and Monaco are 2nd tier that means there are only 4 1st tier teams at all. And I actually agree with that but it's ridiculous to complain about the fact that these 4 teams can play against each other before the semis.

The supposed top tier teams have to show their toptieredness on the pitch.
If Real get kicked out of CL round of last 16 for 37 consecutive years by a superior Lyon it makes no sense complaining about Lyon in semis.
If BVB finish ahead of Real in the group, Monaco win their group too, how can anyone moan about '2nd tier' teams being in the competition at later stages?

Not to mention Monaco and BVb are the teams playing the arguably best and most spectacular football of all teams.

I simply hate this kind of mindless snobbery and moaning.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Bayern Munich
Posts : 19587
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL QF: Dortmund vs Monaco (2016/17)

Post by Socur Toxanarosa on Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:22 am

You say this because beating a team like Lyon was the only way that weak Bayern could've make it to the final that year, Inter beat the other worthy opponents, Chelsea and Barcelona, no wonder Bayern had no chance in the final and we got a shitty game as a consequence.

_________________
avatar
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 450
Join date : 2014-06-30
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL QF: Dortmund vs Monaco (2016/17)

Post by farfan on Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:33 am

Manchester weren't worthy opponents ? hmm They were in the final the year before and after getting eliminated by Bayern.
avatar
farfan
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 4037
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL QF: Dortmund vs Monaco (2016/17)

Post by Socur Toxanarosa on Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:38 am

farfan wrote:Manchester weren't worthy opponents ? hmm They were in the final the year before and after getting eliminated by Bayern.


You're right, United was a better team, even if they we're weaker then previous years but yeah, too bad for them Robben was working miracles that CL. And i mean no disrespect to Lyon, i'm just having a pragmatic view, i have no problem saying the Chelsea's CL winners team was horrible.

_________________
avatar
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 450
Join date : 2014-06-30
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL QF: Dortmund vs Monaco (2016/17)

Post by Robespierre on Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:50 am

farfan wrote:Lyon eliminated Madrid in 2010, not exactly an easy ride to the semis. hmm

Yeah , that was a great cup imo :coffee:

And Lyon eliminated Bordeaux that finished above Bayern on group

In the football , it is not "the best team" that wins , Who wins is the best team.
avatar
Robespierre
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 9517
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL QF: Dortmund vs Monaco (2016/17)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum