Post by free_cat on Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:27 am

Discuss.

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Re: Barcelona - Juventus Quarterfinals

Post by CM Pep on Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:48 am

Difficult match-up.

I'm not too comfortable facing Allegri... midfield game needs to be good that day. Can't have a missing midfield performance like the ones we've had this season.

Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:13 am

I had bad feelings about PSG, not so with Juventus, kind of indifferent, as we are used to these ties. Uefadrid Byern was nice surprise.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:21 am

Not bad. Bayern or Madrid would have been way more difficult.
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:08 pm

I feel teams with super fast, dangerous wingers and a strong technical midfield can give us problems. And I don't see Juve as fitting that criteria. They mainly have a threat in attack down the center with Dybala and Higuian. And Dybala seems to score allot from PKs and Higuain is a notorious big game choker. I'm not overly worried about this match up even though I am not underestimating them considering less sides in La Liga have given us all sorts of trouble.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:24 pm

It's not an easy match up. It will be a grind like PSG and I see us going out as easily as I see us going through.

Hard to know what to expect with this one.

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning on Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:26 pm

Juve definitely should be more difficult than or they should be better than PSG, they got experience and a good coach too. We struggle against good fast counters as well as set pieces. I think they've played both Higuain and Manduzic together alongside Dybala, and with the wings they are play through both the middle and from crosses, add to that their usual strong defense. Then plus Im sure Alves will be given the start to play vs us and he will be wanting to give us a good game, and generally they want revenge for the final just two years ago.

Overall, I think their attack and defense are strong as usual, if not better than last time, but their midfield has weakened. But so have ours so this is a interesting one. Anyway if we play to our level we should be able to beat them, so not the worst draw at all and could be optimistic a bit more Smile
BarcaLearning
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:28 pm

Free cat owes me a sig. Feel free anyone to suggest him one for me.
Lucifer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:29 pm

just give him that sexy beast andre gomes
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning on Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:54 am

So many talknig points, Messi vs Dybala+Higuain, Alves vs us, their revenge for the 2015 final, best attack vs best defense, etc... good matchup Very Happy

Juve definitely should be more difficult than or they should be better than PSG, they got experience and a good coach too. We struggle against good fast counters as well as set pieces and they kinda have those. I think they've played both Higuain and Manduzic together alongside Dybala, and with the wings they can play through both the middle and from crosses very well, add to that their usual strong defense. Pjanic will make their sets pieces a big threat. Then plus Im sure Alves will be given the chance to play vs us and he will be wanting to give us a good game, and generally they want revenge for the final just two years ago.

Overall, I think their attack and defense are strong as usual, if not better than last time, but their midfield has weakened. But so have ours so this is a interesting one. Anyway if we play to our level we should be able to beat them, so not the worst draw at all and could be optimistic a bit more Very Happy
BarcaLearning
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:51 am

I find this one very unpredictable. Man for man we may be better but Juve are always about the team and a formidable one at that. It's a clash that is very eagerly anticipated.
messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:19 pm

Don't understand the logic of starting Mathieu over Alba or even Digne. Lucho loves having at least 1 trash player on the field at all times

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:36 pm

Mathieu us doing what Alba is supposed to do, so why is alba not playing lol.
Lucifer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:07 pm

Juventus a little lucky but Luis Enrique got done by another decent manager again Laughing

First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:58 pm

Pep 08-09 - 3 goals conceded in 3 away games CL winner
Pep 09-10 - 6 goals conceded in 3 away game CL semi-final exit
Pep 10-11 - 2 goals conceded in 3 away games CL winner
Pep 11-12 - 3 goals conceded in 3 away games CL semi-final exit

14 away goals conceded in total in 12 games under Pep

Enrique 14-15 - 5 goals conceded in 3 away games CL winners
Enrique 15-16 - 2 goals conceded in 2 away games QF exit
Enrique 16-17 - 7 goals conceded in 2 away games QF ...

14 goals conceded in 7 games under Enrique

Worse then Pep in away games for crying out loud, as many goals conceded in 5 less games.

"I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi

Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:13 pm

A magnificent performance from Juventus. Can we overturn this result? If I say we cannot the argument would be that I thought the same against PSG. At the same time lightning does not strike twice. In 2013 after making a great turnaround against Milan we had been hammered by Bayern. Bayern was ten times as good a team as Milan. Similarly Juventus is on a completely different plane from PSG. It's hard to make them concede one goal, leave alone three. Besides truth be told we do not look UCL winning material at the moment. There are quite a few glaring flaws, especially tactically and defensively. Unless we can perform the near impossible I would really wish that Juventus win this trophy after such a long time.
messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:18 pm

Not directly related but have to ask this since it's been burning in my mind.

How is Real Madrid better than us? Last season I thought they won the UCL without even one victory worthy of a UCL winner. This season though they have beaten Bayern away and that is enough to justify their status as a top team in my view. No this is not the 2012-13 Bayern of Jupp Heynckes but it's still one of the top teams in the world and beating a top team away in UCL is certainly rare. So coming back to my question. What makes Madrid better than us?

1. Do Madrid have a better goalkeeper than us?

2. Do Madrid have a better defense than us?

3. Do Madrid have a better midfield than us?

4. Do Madrid have a better forward line than us?

5. Do Madrid have a better coach than us?
messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:25 pm

You could say Bayern were more dominant until the red card but if you recall 2013-14 there too Madrid could hardly touch the ball in the first leg against Bayern and still won the match on a goal scored against the run of play.

What my thought here is that Madrid are more pragmatic than us in such games. When they are being dominated they get together as a team and try to limit the opponent's chances while looking for the right moments to make their own moves.

We on the other hand play as if we want to steam roller top teams on their grounds when we have actually not done that in a long time.

Is there a need for us to be a little more pragmatic and adaptive to situations?
messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:41 pm

@messixaviesta wrote:Not directly related but have to ask this since it's been burning in my mind.

How is Real Madrid better than us? Last season I thought they won the UCL without even one victory worthy of a UCL winner. This season though they have beaten Bayern away and that is enough to justify their status as a top team in my view. No this is not the 2012-13 Bayern of Jupp Heynckes but it's still one of the top teams in the world and beating a top team away in UCL is certainly rare. So coming back to my question. What makes Madrid better than us?

1. Do Madrid have a better goalkeeper than us?

2. Do Madrid have a better defense than us?

3. Do Madrid have a better midfield than us?

4. Do Madrid have a better forward line than us?

5. Do Madrid have a better coach than us?

Quality in each and every position. The guys who are been benched at Madrid are leaps and bounds better than most of our starters.
Lucifer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:44 pm

You just throw the best players on field and more often then not they will deliver, combine with the coach that commands respect and affection and you are going to have desirable results most of the times.
Lucifer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:13 am

@windkick wrote:Lucho loves having at least 1 trash player on the field at all times

So true lol! He's a really limited coach, honestly. Without the incredible MSN he'd be nowhere near the silverware...

It also bugs me truly seeing Gomes get picked over Alena all the time. I understand we paid lots of money for the Portuguese cockroach but come on....He offers exactly nothing
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CM Pep on Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:18 am

This is way too reminiscent of the Bayern match in 2013.

We're going to get trounced tomorrow.

At least we had RM getting kicked out (by Dortmund) that time. I see RM going all the way to finals at this point.

Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:49 pm

Maybe its just me but I felt proud of my team last night. They gave it everything and played with a passion and ferocity that the occasion demanded. We were really up against it. 3-0 down and against the most tactically organized team (in my humble opinion the best team in the world at the moment). A little more luck in front of goal could have certainly helped. Not saying that we would have gone through but had we scored one goal the atmosphere would have become so charged. I thought everyone gave it everything they had and the few mistakes that happened were just due to the need to be over-exuberant in attack. At a personal level I also take solace in that as his career at the top level comes very close to the finish line, Andres Iniesta can still once in a while come up with moments of skill that make my jaw drop.
messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down