Tomwin Lannister
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
12 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Star Wars: Battlefront 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars: Battlefront 2

Post by CBarca Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:16 pm

Firenze wrote:also been reading about this controversy, fully deserved. That makes like 3 huge winter releases plagued with lootboxes. Lootboxes are digusting unless it's purely cosmetic like in OW. Glad to see people rightfully shitting on it and hopefully it gets curbed out of retail games like the online passes from a few years ago. no excuses.

Blizzard comes out of this age looking really good imo

Sure, the fact that you can't outright buy anything is sinister (instead have to buy lootboxes to have a chance to get something), but at least all the microtransactions are cosmetic, and it doesn't really require an insane amount of hours to get what you want. Meanwhile, they released a game with all the characters playable, all game modes and maps playable, they continually listen to the community and respond, they continually patch the game to try and keep it balanced, and they add new heroes which are provided to you free of charge.

Then again, comparing anyone to EA will make that person look good. Still, within the era of microtransactions, what Blizz has done with Overwatch is, I think, the example of how to do it right while still reaping the rewards as a company.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:22 pm

The thing is, publishers see Blizz's success in OW and think 'we NEED to have that'. Case in point when single player games like Shadow of War had f*cking boxes for legendary orcs. At this point i wouldn't be surprised if microtransactions make more than the actual game for some of these publishers. How much you reckon EA got in the past year from Firenze in UT?

The only way i see this charade being toned down or removed is by government regulation, this is essentially gambling, and gambling is heavily regulated.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:35 pm

LeVersacci wrote:Was just about to post it. Saw it on R/WWII and laughed so hard. Knew this game would be ruined by MTX Laughing

Also it’s the most downvoted post in reddit’s history lmfao

It isn't though, ask anyone whose played it. The microtransactions do not impact the gun battles at all.

A more skilled player will win every single time, they have absolutely zero impact what so ever.

I have been trying to explain this to you guys but you chose to believe the outrage from people who haven't played the game for some reason.

This is from a Youtuber who has played the game and it lines up with what i'm saying....

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:36 pm

LeVersacci wrote:Was just about to post it. Saw it on R/WWII and laughed so hard. Knew this game would be ruined by MTX Laughing

It isn't though, ask anyone whose played it. The microtransactions do not impact the gun battles at all.

A more skilled player will win every single time, they have absolutely zero impact what so ever.

I have been trying to explain this to you guys but you chose to believe the outrage from people who haven't played the game for some reason.

This is from a Youtuber who has played the game and it lines up with what i'm saying....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:37 pm

https://twitter.com/MrProWestie/status/929371906565988352

This lines up completely with what i'm saying since the beta but people who do not have a clue what pay to win actually means are the loud ones so you chose to believe them.

Now i want you to actually pay attention to this part because it's important, the stuff about the high amount of credits needed to unlock heroes is *bleep* BULLSHIT and nobody including me will defend that shit but it's not because it's pay to win it's because the grind necessary is completely *bleep* stupid and if that shit makes release it needs to be toned down.

If it isn't then i will complain about it just as hard as everyone else but not because of micro transactions.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:41 pm

CBarca wrote:haven't followed along but heard you can't even play Vader or Luke unless you pay money or grind hours and hours to get them

Misinformation.

You can only get Luke, Vader or any other heroes through in game currency.

You CANNOT get them in loot boxes, the issue people have is that the amount of credits that it takes to get them is completely *bleep* obscene and will take a stupid amount of time.

If they were something reasonable nobody would care.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:42 pm

@ES: Yeah I'm watching the video you linked and I think he has some valid points, although I don't agree with all. I agree with his overall arguments though, most definitely.

I should probably clarify that I still think microtransactions in general are cancer, and the fact that Overwatch has them isn't any good. My comments are directed within the context of microtransactions as a piece of AAA gaming that is the new norm. If it is to exist, I think that (from a business standpoint) Blizzard got it right with OW and (from a consumer standpoint) I can stand to be OK with the way OW has gone about it. Within the context of the gaming industry as a whole, I would sympathize with the view that microtransactions are dangerous, cancerous, and a step removed from gambling.

I don't know if I buy the concept of pre-OW and post-OW though. Microtransactions were being put out by huge games like FIFA (and of course LoL and such) several years before Overwatch, and their success has been well documented. GTA V: online and other major titles as well as mobile games had become a scheme for which large titles could follow. While Overwatch took these concepts and applied them again to a wildly successful game, the proliferation of games the following year I think can be applied only partly to Overwatch. These games were in development far before Overwatch became a hit, and the microtransaction landscape had been well developed by then. I don't buy the idea that Overwatch was the main reason for the proliferation for this market.

With that being said, Overwatch is certainly a flag bearer for the success of the system, like any other game, and reaffirmed it's ability to make massive amounts of money.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:44 pm

Gotta love How they promise a non-broken game and then they change their promise later.

Will download the story mode illegally, or watch in YouTube.

@EA
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:46 pm

I should be clear here, i hate microtransactions as much as the next guy and have never and will never spend money on them.

But the amount of misinformation being spread around them that this game is massive pay to win needs to be called out as what it is... absolutely bullshit.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:53 pm

You don't need micro transactions to finish Shadow of War, in fact i finished it without (apart from the free lootbox they give you in the beginning)

Do i defend it? Definitely not. Its the same with Origins, i can't tell you how many times i was tempted to buy that 300 resources of everything box. I just don't understand why you'd include this in a single player game. Same with the last Deus Ex.

The only logical assumption is kids? Using their parents wallets? Its very scummy if thats the case
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:55 pm

I will admit I once bought some VC on 2k lmao

but tbf to me they offered it 80% off so it was $1 (:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:12 pm

You don’t want to know how much i spent on FUT coins lol
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:13 pm

Kaladin wrote:You don’t want to know how much i spent on FUT coins lol

You’re right.

I want to know about Firenze
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:15 pm

People who have spent money on microtransactions don't get to talk shit imo.

You're part of the problem tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:17 pm

Its FIFA so its fine
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:17 pm

Disagree tbh.

If it wasn't for the success of Ultimate Team this wouldn't be happening.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:19 pm

Hardly, the industry has been heading this direction for a while seeing the success of mobile games and microtransactions
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:23 pm

Laughing

If people rejected Ultimate Team and VC in NBA2K like they are rejecting microtransactions now with Shadow of War, Battlefront etc etc it never would have happened.

It's delusional to deny the impact it had, you can't just chose to hate it for some games and think it's ok for others.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:26 pm

Also i laugh at Blizzard looking good coming out for this.

It may have been just cosmetic but it made everyone else think Loot boxes are okay and they are not.

If anything they are just as much to blame as everyone else, nobody was really using loot boxes before Overwatch. It's undeniable the impact it had.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:46 pm

Wait is the 40 hours to get Vader an exaggeration?

If not then Jesus Christ EA Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:02 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Also i laugh at Blizzard looking good coming out for this.

It may have been just cosmetic but it made everyone else think Loot boxes are okay and they are not.

If anything they are just as much to blame as everyone else, nobody was really using loot boxes before Overwatch. It's undeniable the impact it had.

I've hardly played FUT so I could be wrong but

Is there anything different between the lootboxes vs FUT packs except for that the lootboxes are purely cosmetic and 10x easier to earn
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:07 pm

Loot boxes have a much higher predatory and gambling nature, they are much worse than the standard micro transactions imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:11 pm

M99 wrote:Wait is the 40 hours to get Vader an exaggeration?

If not then Jesus Christ EA Laughing

Someone worked out the average and that's how it came out.

But that doesn't take in consideration completing challenges and performance based bonuses so we won't actually know till tomorrow.

I still want it toned down regardless, grind for weapons, star cards etc etc is fine but heroes I'd rather not.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:37 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Loot boxes have a much higher predatory and gambling nature, they are much worse than the standard micro transactions imo.

Aren't the packs pretty much the same thing though? They're micro transactions which you open and you have a random chance of getting something.

The only difference is that you can pay more to get better packs. Which I guess you could argue makes it slightly better

Like I said, I haven't played FUT pretty much at all in my life so I could be wrong. I'm struggling to see the difference though.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:47 pm

People cancelling pre-orders in mass lmao

EA are a joke
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:51 pm

There was a time where I thought EA wasn't so bad, the last year or so has made me flip that position.

They are absolutely scum, luckily Star Wars is the only thing they do that interests me.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next