English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by Nishankly on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 15:31

@Firenze wrote:Lucas and Klavan being in doubt is a blessing mate


Not when Matip is out.

Nishankly
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11563
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by Firenze on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 15:33

Can at CB > tbh

I fancy Palace to take points regardless
avatar
Firenze
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 18929
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by Nishankly on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 15:52

Stop the Matip hate just because Hames hypes him, He's great. Would rather he plays at AM tbh
avatar
Nishankly
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 11563
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by M99 on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 16:18

@Nishankly wrote:

I agree with this except the CB's. Alderweird and Jan should have been their in place of the two Chelsea ones, Making it an all Spurs back 4.

Spurs have defended better and conceded lesser than Chelsea as well.

But they might be out because they've played much lesser games than Cahill and Luiz.


No Eriksen @zigra

_________________
#JUSTICE4

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.

avatar
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 25043
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 94

Back to top Go down

Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by Nishankly on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 16:32

Eriksen leading with KDB at 16 assists for the season, Hazard has 8.

Probably the goals Hazard (14 goals) scored ( 7 more than Eriksen ) and Chelsea being on top being the factor.

Mane has (13 goals and 8 assists)
avatar
Nishankly
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 11563
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 16:37

The fact KDB is equal in assists means we shouldn't listen to them.

Assists are probably the most meaningless stats going, especially if you take set pieces and cross the ball a lot.

Which both Eriksen and KDB do, which makes it quite easy to pad the stats.




_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 56335
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by Firenze on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 16:40

as someone who watches spurs week in week out, Eriksen's overall play is miles ahead of the likes of KDB. Probably second only to Mata tbh,

Penzard is nothing but a frontrunner tbh. When the going gets tough, the scrub gets hiding.
avatar
Firenze
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 18929
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by Blue Barrett on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 16:43

@Glory wrote:
@Blue Barrett wrote:
Ha. Was looking back in this thread for something else and came across this. You're not the brightest bulb in the drawer, are you? Did you somehow COMPLETELY miss the line right after what you highlighted? Here, I'll repeat it for you:

"Regardless, they deserved to win today."

Is that somehow an indication that I "can't admit when we're outplayed"? What's got you so sensitive about this that you can't even read complete paragraphs anymore? Christ!

EDIT: One more thing, not one single Chelsea fan called Mourinho a "traitor" or as he said "Judas". That is all in Jose's head and in your head now too, I assume. If you're not too lazy, you have the internet in your hands. Find post match comments from the fans that were sitting right there. But I'm not surprised. He enjoys creating conflict where it doesn't exist and forcing the deepest of conflicts where only little existed. It's part of how he functions. It's one of the things that make him thick. He wouldn't be as successful as he's been in his career if he didn't always manufacture this "us against the world" narrative out of thin air to feed his players with.

As for whoever said he was "finished", how's that my business? Go reply the people that told you that because it certainly wasn't me. Don't give me your "B team" rubbish either. All the changes that were made to your team were tactical changes. For example, Jose knew he needed to isolate Rashford on our CBs and support him with Lingard. Their speed and linkup play caused a lot of problems. Absolutely no chance Zlatan would have caused such problems. Zlatan is slow as *bleep* and even Jose knows that. I don't care whoever else was playing on your team. It's not like you've had one back 4 for the entire season. You've been switching it up every other game, so please shut up.

If Jose pawned Conte on Sunday then what did Conte do to him in October, considering that was 4-0? hmm

Enjoy your victory, you were the better team and deserved to win (have to say it again, in case you didn't read it yet again). No need to be so sensitive about it.
 

"Funny though that despite all of that, United scored off a goal that shouldn't have counted and a deflection."
After saying something like this, that too after a match where you know you dont deserve shit from, saying United deserved the win, I mean you honestly think everything is going to be fine?
Especially considering the fact that it was you who needlessly started this whole craptalk by saying you COULD HAVE won the FA cup game by 4-0. Come on mate. Be real.
Unless the person who's finding a problem with the comments is a sensitive baby, I don't see why everything shouldn't be fine.

Anyway, thats not even the bloody point, the one which you are still failing to see while you are instead here busy putting a score on my intelligence.
Its not even about the goals and how it came. I would have reacted the same way had this match ended 0-0.  Did you see one comment from my side where I am saying anything at all about the legitimacy of the goal and arguing it is not a handball?  
My point was how flat we made Chelsea look, a Chelsea that is top of the league.
Which I never denied so I'm not sure why you're rehashing this.

Anyway, I agree I got carried away slightly. But that was mainly because of the smugness I spotted hidden in those 2 lines you posted. When you are getting beaten so convincingly, ever thought about being a slightly more humble?
Anyway, dont want to argue. May be I was wrong. May be you didnt mean it the way I thought you were meaning.
Let's even assume I got smug in that moment....what reason exactly would I have to be "humble" towards Man United this season? You're not even in the top 4 and you're struggling to get him. Your one great performance against us does not change that fact. There's a good chance you won't even be in the CL next season. On the other hand, we're top of the league and have been top of the league since like November. Say whatever you want to say about the points gap between us and Spurs, the fact is, every other team in the league including your team would LOVE to be 4 points ahead of everyone else with 6 games to go rather than their current position. So, again, tell me why I should be "humble" towards Man United? It's not like we haven't beaten you twice already this season. Spare me all of that mate.  

As for the rest of things you said, like judas part, it did happen. Chelsea fans were singing he wasnt the special one.
Since when is singing "you're not the special one" = Specifically calling him "Judas"? Is English your first language?

And re: your reply to the B team, lol technically what you are saying may be true. It was indeed a strategy to opt for those set of players. But then there is this fact that mediocre players such as Fellaini, Young, Darmian and Lingard stuck to those instructions so much so that your in form players didnt even get a sniff all through the game.
In 2014 under Mourinho, we played a high flying Liverpool between 2 Atletico CL matches and had shit players like Torres up front as well as a 19 year old Tomas Kalas making his debut in defense against Suarez and Sturridge who both had over 20 goals and were ruining defenses around the league. We also rendered Gerrard useless and he even made a silly mistake in-between. We kept a clean sheet and scored 2. It's not new. There's nothing Mourinho does with United that he hasn't done 10 times better at Chelsea before. As I said before, great performance on Sunday. Doesn't render any other thing I posted invalid.

_________________

avatar
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Santos
Posts : 10228
Join date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 16:44

Eriksen hype rofl

Not even best midfielder on his own team.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 56335
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by Nishankly on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 16:44

Penzard has just scored 2 penalties this season, Compared to 9 in the 14/15 season.

Is it actually only 2? Shocked
avatar
Nishankly
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 11563
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by Firenze on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 16:47

2 more than Eriksen
avatar
Firenze
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 18929
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by CBarca on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 16:49

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Eriksen hype rofl

Not even best midfielder on his own team.


I get that you don't even watch the game anymore so it's my job to let you know that hating on Eriksen atm is fairly baffling. He's been one of the best mids in the country for the last 4-5 months

_________________
http://r33.imgfast.net/users/3313/22/97/24/avatars/133-73.png
avatar
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 14450
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by Blue Barrett on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 16:49

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The fact KDB is equal in assists means we shouldn't listen to them.

Assists are probably the most meaningless stats going, especially if you take set pieces and cross the ball a lot.

Which both Eriksen and KDB do, which makes it quite easy to pad the stats.




I get what you're saying but it does take skill to find your player's head in the middle of a set piece being disrupted by opposing defenders mate. It's not really a freebie.

@Firenze wrote:as someone who watches spurs week in week out, Eriksen's overall play is miles ahead of the likes of KDB. Probably second only to Mata tbh,

Penzard is nothing but a frontrunner tbh. When the going gets tough, the scrub gets hiding.

That being said, there's nobody in that midfield who should be replaced with Eriksen. They've all had better/more influential seasons than him.

Funny that you should say that about Hazard. That was probably his first bad performance against United I can remember. If I'm not mistaken he has scored against United more than any other top 6 team since he joined the league Laughing you were able to stop him for once. How many penalties do you think we've gotten this season and how many do you think he has scored? rofl

_________________

avatar
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Santos
Posts : 10228
Join date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by Firenze on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 16:50

Eriksen is the best creative mid in the league IMO.
avatar
Firenze
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 18929
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 16:51

@CBarca wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Eriksen hype rofl

Not even best midfielder on his own team.


I get that you don't even watch the game anymore so it's my job to let you know that hating on Eriksen atm is fairly baffling. He's been one of the best mids in the country for the last 4-5 months


Alli >>> imo.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 56335
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by Nishankly on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 16:51

Out of 3, He's scored 2 which is 66.67% which is a pretty horrible percentage IMO. Razz
avatar
Nishankly
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 11563
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by Firenze on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 16:51

Alli's a glorified CF tbh
avatar
Firenze
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 18929
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by Firenze on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 16:53

you take alli or kane out of the side and the goals keep flowing as we've seen, take eriksen out and who's creating? wanyama? dembele? lol
avatar
Firenze
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 18929
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 16:58

In all seriousness though, i have watched Eriksen play most of his career and unless he magically gained some new found abilities in the last 6 months you are all massively overrating him.

He's never been massively creative, he hardly ever opens a team up outside of crosses and set pieces and does the simple stuff well but he was never Fabregas (prime), Silva or Ozil when it comes to passing or vision or any other creative player you want to name.

He was decent at most things but never really excelled at the things i'd consider "creative" so like i said unless he magically gained some higher skill level from nowhere at 25 i'll assume you are all massively overrating him.

Thus why i laugh at the hype or the PL quality is getting worse which is very possible tbh hmm


Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 16:59; edited 1 time in total

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 56335
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by Nishankly on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 16:58

Transfermarkt:

KDB: 15 assists
Eriksen: 12 assists
Mane: 6 assists
Hazard: 5 assists

PL stats are frauds hmm
avatar
Nishankly
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 11563
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by Firenze on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 23:54

avatar
Firenze
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 18929
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by Hapless_Hans on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 00:26

Mole should be banned from posting in football topics tbh. The guy is completely clueless and even admits to it.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Bayern Munich
Posts : 19103
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by zigra on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 00:31

@M99 wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:

I agree with this except the CB's. Alderweird and Jan should have been their in place of the two Chelsea ones, Making it an all Spurs back 4.

Spurs have defended better and conceded lesser than Chelsea as well.

But they might be out because they've played much lesser games than Cahill and Luiz.


No Eriksen @zigra


Absurd. Complete joke. Embarassing. Nisha showing his complete lack of football knowledge by agreeing with that list. Sad.
avatar
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax
Posts : 2958
Join date : 2013-08-15
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by zigra on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 00:32

@Firenze wrote:Eriksen is the best creative mid in the league IMO.


VERY good post. Agree 100%.
avatar
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax
Posts : 2958
Join date : 2013-08-15
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 01:14

@Hapless_Hans wrote:Mole should be banned from posting in football topics tbh. The guy is completely clueless and even admits to it.


Not really, because i don't watch football anymore doesn't mean anything.

I used to watch more than anyone on this forum and therefore know quite a lot of the players i mention in question.

I specifically said in my post that unless he's magically improved in certain areas in the last 6 months ( which is practically impossible) then you all massively overrate him.

No one actually questioned it and showed evidence of such improvement which leads me to believe you know i'm right.

Not sure why it's so shocking for me to question someone having skills as a footballer at 25 that he's never ever shown in his entire magically show up in the last 6 months.

Especially when it's technical skills and not mental or physical, i don't like how you treat me like an old timer who hasn't watched football in like a decade, Laughing I also don't like this idea that you need to watch on a weekly basis to have a clue of what a player can and cannot do, that's complete BS.

It's been a 12-18 months max and even then i still watch now and again, i'm fully aware of what Christian Eriksen can and cannot do. Laughing

Hell you might want to look who made the Eriksen appreciation thread on this forum in 2011 Laughing

I'd accept this crap if it was about players who have made their name in the last two seasons but the reality is it's not, they'll become a time if i continue to stop watching when the world is full of players i have no clue about but as of today that isn't the case.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 56335
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by CBarca on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 02:23

I haven't said anything back cuz I have other commitments atm, but if you really want I could probably find some time to tell you you're wrong imo

_________________
http://r33.imgfast.net/users/3313/22/97/24/avatars/133-73.png
avatar
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 14450
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 13

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum