guest7
Winter is Coming
Firenze
LeVersacci
RealGunner
86 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 8 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU

Post by The Madrid One Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:17 am

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 8 ByatW16

The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 8 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU

Post by Nishankly Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:28 am

RealGunner wrote:

lmfaoooooooo
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:20 pm

sportsczy wrote:CR has not surpassed Maradonna and Pele.  Messi and Cruyff are above him too.

Doesn't make him any less great of a player.  But those 4 revolutionized football stylistically.  Maradonna gets specially praise for me because he took otherwise crap teams both at NT and club level to trophies...  he never played on the most talented teams..  not even close.

Maybe then that is the top five of all time although Alfredo Di Stefano's versatility and consistency and Garrincha's one man genius show at WC 1962 could challenge. A few others of course.

Messi has been called the Maradona of this generation for long. In the last few weeks, for the first time ever, I have started saying that Cristiano is the Pele of this generation.

For me also, Maradona is the greatest of all. Strictly only as a footballer on the pitch though. Smile

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:35 pm

I have been going through top player lists prepared by various people on the internet and some kind of common consensus is emerging about the top ten of this century so far :-

1. Messi

2. Cristiano

3. Zidane

4. and 5. are usually between Ronaldo and Ronaldinho

6. goes to Henry or Buffon but not necessarily.

Around 7. or 8. are Xavi and Iniesta one after another in interchangeable order.

The list ends with one or more of Pirlo, Kaka, Figo and Nedved. Among defenders only Maldini gets a mention.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:51 am

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:28 am

lmao, they did lukaku wrong on that one, i don't even think he was trying to do a scissor kick. the way the person laughs makes it funnier
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:44 am

This is the best top 100/50/20/10 list I have seen to date. As with any such list its impossible to convince everyone and we all would like to make a few changes at least but I would be surprised if anyone can make a better full list than this one :-

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fourfourtwos-100-greatest-footballers-ever-no1-diego-maradona

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:28 pm

I would agree with you, although I could debate the actual order. It’s difficult to make up such a list without bias and in most cases without having seen some of the players or in my case, not seen a lot of the earlier generations as there wasn’t the live coverage for much of the games. And of course the game has changed so much over 70 or 80 years.

But generally speaking, I think they have done a good job and it’s hard to argue with who is in the top 10 vs those excluded. I find it funny that 5 years ago we were saying that both Ronaldo and Messi didn’t belong in such a list (yet) as they hadn’t accomplished enough, and now there doesn’t appear to be any doubts!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:27 pm

futbol_bill wrote:I would agree with you, although I could debate the actual order. It’s difficult to make up such a list without bias and in most cases without having seen some of the players or in my case, not seen a lot of the earlier generations as there wasn’t the live coverage for much of the games. And of course the game has changed so much over 70 or 80 years.

But generally speaking, I think they have done a good job and it’s hard to argue with who is in the top 10 vs those excluded. I find it funny that 5 years ago we were saying that both Ronaldo and Messi didn’t belong in such a list (yet) as they hadn’t accomplished enough, and now there doesn’t appear to be any doubts!

My views are very similar to yours. Its virtually impossible to make a list like this and considering that these guys have done a better job than most.

Of course I am also not convinced about everything. The most troubling point that I immediately thought of is the exclusion of Rivaldo.

As you said it's the top 10 and top 20 lists that are especially commendable here, very convincing with hardly one single out of place selection.

As for Messi and Cristiano I think Messi was accepted in the top ten earlier itself but making a world cup final in 2014 put the seal on it. As for Cristiano some were skeptical for long including me but a Euro 2016 trophy and back to back UCLs while showing no signs of stopping even after 12+ years at the top of the game sealed it.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:53 am

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:00 am

Top 10 of the century in no particular order: Messi, CR, Ronaldinho, Xavi, Zidane, Henry, Iniesta, Buffon, Pirlo, R9.

Defense was dominated by Thuram, Nesta, Maldini and Cafu.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:12 am

messixaviesta wrote:This is the best top 100/50/20/10 list I have seen to date. As with any such list its impossible to convince everyone and we all would like to make a few changes at least but I would be surprised if anyone can make a better full list than this one :-

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fourfourtwos-100-greatest-footballers-ever-no1-diego-maradona

I Find this list way more accurate. Specially top ten.the author biggest mistake is Xavi.
http://xtrahistory.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/Greatest-Ever.html

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:44 am

Cristiano Ronaldo's Former Club Manchester United use Messi pic to set example for youth players:

https://en.as.com/en/2018/04/09/football/1523296293_501551.html

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:48 am

Beautiful Football wrote:Cristiano Ronaldo's Former Club Manchester United use Messi pic to set example for youth players:

No wonder they're a flop show on the youth setup :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:57 am

S wrote:
Beautiful Football wrote:Cristiano Ronaldo's Former Club Manchester United use Messi pic to set example for youth players:

No wonder they're a flop show on the youth setup :coffee:

The reason is simple, they had CR7 pic before. From Now on History will change, they have true GOAT pic atm. Nicky Butt knows what is he doing. MAN U are going to have their golden generation pretty soon. :coffee:

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:45 pm

And once again.

When the team needed him. He was there.

He came. He saw. He conquered.

Greatest of all time
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:47 pm

best ever.

wide assist to himself
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:47 pm

They won't win it this year.
Bayern or Liverpool will beat them.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:49 pm

Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 8 Ronaldo

conqueror
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:53 pm

Anyone else would have scored a goal like that in the TOP CORNER PERFECT POWER EVERYTHING in such a ADRENALINE RUSHED TOP COMPETITION????? NO

NOW SIT DOWN AND STFU
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:56 pm

guest7 wrote:Anyone else would have scored a goal like that in the TOP CORNER PERFECT POWER EVERYTHING in such a ADRENALINE RUSHED TOP COMPETITION????? NO

NOW SIT DOWN AND STFU

Do you have no shame? You seriously have the stomach to gloat after such a horrendous performance?

Yes, that was a well-taken penalty. Yes, he didn't let emotions get the better of him in an incredibly stressful moment. But aside from that, there's nothing to be proud of here.

We played very bad and we need to stay quiet for the time being.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:00 pm

He's been incredibly clutch in his 30's. I used to be firmly in the 'Messi > Ronaldo' camp, but now I just don't know anymore. It's game and game and game again that he makes the difference.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:00 pm

Seriously Demon of Carthridge I think you are sick. Everyone agrees it was a classless win but we're not going to let that hurt us.

The way you think, your "higher than thou" attitude, it's so sick in my opinion. Get a psychiatrist
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:27 pm

I was a non-believer.. but this is just insane.

People talk about Messidependencia but clearly it seems that Ronaldodependencia is more prevalent?
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:41 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:People talk about Messidependencia but clearly it seems that Ronaldodependencia is more prevalent?

I read an article on Marca about where would Real be in the Champions League without Ronaldo's goals. It turns out, Madrid wouldn't have reached either of its last two finals and would also have been eliminated this season. Take a look:
Cristiano Ronaldo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Now Sit down and STFU - Page 8 Positi10
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:45 pm

Part of me wish Chad had been here to argue that Benzemadependencia has ever existed Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next