My proposal for next season's team

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My proposal for next season's team

Post by free_cat on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:20 am

We need a big overhaul, and not just on rotation players. At least two main guys have to go, IMO Mascherano and Iniesta.

Sell: Iniesta, Mascherano, Mathieu, Turan, Alcacer, Gomes, Digne. I'm unsure about Denis Suárez, Vidal and Cilessen.

We need at least one RB, possibly two if we sell Vidal. I would propose to sign Adama Traore or Wilfried Zaha if we sell Vidal, as super offensive RB. Then we would need a more defensive minded RB. I would propose to look into Ricardo Pereira from Nice or Monaco's Fabinho, before inevitably signing Bellerin. All of of them are actually quite offensive, but more well rounded. We also have Palencia at the B team which is a very good option. Fabinho has the bonus that can play as CM. Monaco also has Sidibe and Mendy highly rated, though I'm not so sure about them.

Left back: Here I don't have much doubts that the man to sign is Theo Hernandez. A physical prodigy that with 19 year old is one of the best left backs in the league.

We would need a CB. I would consider Yeray Alvarez who is awesome defensively, he is much better than Laporte, if he can play the ball well enough for us, and promote Marlon from the B. We should also be on the lookout for Varane if he is available. Thiago Silva might be on a free transfer, and he is surely a good option for 2 years.

Now the midfield, where we need a good overhaul.
Off course, if we could sign Pogba and Thiago, those are the men I would go for, regardless their price. If that's impossible, I would go for Isco and Verratti, regardless their price. Other options: Coutinho, Forsberg, Dele Ali, Hakim Ziyech, Ander Herrera, Saul Ñiguez or James. Dani Ceballos has become also a very good midfielder, but he has insulted Barça and catalans many times, so he can't come unless he appologizes. We would also have much more into consideration both Rafinha and Aleñá.
Sergi Roberto would become Busquets sub, DM is the position where he plays the best.

In attack, we would need a quality RW with good workrate for when Messi plays in the middle. That could be Ousmane Dembele, but it will be hard to get. Other option would be Deulofeu.

We should never have a first team squad larger than 21 footballers, including 2 GK, as to give room for B players.

So we would have this team:

MATS
Bellerin - Piqué - Umtiti - Hernández

------- Verratti/Thiago/Rafinha - Busquets - Pogba/Isco/Aleñá

----Messi - Suarez - Neymar

Bellerin - Piqué - Umtiti - Hernández
----------Rakitic/Thiago - Busquets

Dembele----- Messi ----- Neymar
           Suarez

352:

------Yeray/Silva - Piqué - Umtiti

Traoré ---- Rakitic/Thiago/Rafinha -- Busquets--- Pogba/Isco/Aleñá ---- Neymar

-------------Messi------ Suarez

I see we wouldn't have and out and out striker to sub Luis Suarez. If he is missing, we could play Neymar or Dembele/Deulofeu/Messi there, they would do a better job than Alcalcer for sure.

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Re: My proposal for next season's team

Post by Myesyats on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:50 am

Wow, I wonder how much do you want to spend on Pogba? 200M?

That's rather cute....and the same goes for Verratti, btw.

You gotta look for feasible options IMO possibly Weigl, Herrera, Tielemans, Koke, Dele Alli, Sadio Mane, Payet, Eriksen, maybe someone like Juan Mata even.

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:53 am

We also gotta scout this current Monaco team, they are blowing up like crazy, I mean CL semifinal is no coincidence.

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:54 am

Myesyats wrote:Wow, I wonder how much do you want to spend on Pogba? 200M?

You gotta look for feasible options IMO possibly Weigl, Herrera, Tielemans, Koke, Dele Alli, Sadio Mane, Payet, Eriksen, maybe someone like Juan Mata even.

We don't need garbage. We need good footballers. Mata? Mane? Payet? Eriksen? Is your goal to make an even worse team? Then sign those players...

As I said, IF it's possible. We need one star midfielder, so if one of Pogba, Verratti or Thiago are available, I would pay whatever it takes. With one of them, and giving chances to Aleñá and Rafinha, our midfield would be much better.

Consider that we can sell 10 players, and easily get 150 milion in transfer fees...

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:56 am

Myesyats wrote:We also gotta scout this current Monaco team, they are blowing up like crazy, I mean CL semifinal is no coincidence.

Well yeah, if Fabinho and Mbappe are gettable, we should go for them....

They are producing players like crazy.... now this Almany Toure who looks also very good.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:15 pm

free_cat wrote:

We don't need garbage. We need good footballers. Mata? Mane? Payet? Eriksen? Is your goal to make an even worse team? Then sign those players...

As I said, IF it's possible. We need one star midfielder, so if one of Pogba, Verratti or Thiago are available, I would pay whatever it takes. With one of them, and giving chances to Aleñá and Rafinha, our midfield would be much better.

Consider that we can sell 10 players, and easily get 150 milion in transfer fees...

Payet and Eriksen (not sure about Mata as I havenot seen him for some time now) are MILES better than whoever we have now in midfield. Even Busquets and Iniesta are not very convincing as of late.

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:18 pm

Part of me dies everytime i see Thiago play for Bayern.
Lucifer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Myesyats wrote:
free_cat wrote:

Payet and Eriksen (not sure about Mata as I havenot seen him for some time now) are MILES better than whoever we have now in midfield. Even Busquets and Iniesta are not very convincing as of late.

Payet is 30 and is not better than our midfieders.
Erikssen is a better option, but he is too incomplete to play as CM, that's why he is moved to the wings at Tottenham. His main strength is set pieces and he wouldn't take any with us. Pass.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:42 pm

Eriksen's best performances have actually come through the middle. As a midfielder he is much better than Dele Allí whose main strength is his dribbling.

Not that I want either, but between both id rather have the Dane.

Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:01 pm

Payer really is overrated. I was super unimpressed this season when I watched west hams games. He'll be another Gomes

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:07 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:Payer really is overrated. I was super unimpressed this season when I watched west hams games. He'll be another Gomes

No one can outscrub Gomes lol. Agree with payer thing though, last thing we need is one more washed up milf.
Lucifer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:09 pm

Lucifer wrote:Part of me dies everytime i see Thiago play for Bayern.

Yeah true, this board is so bad at transfers it pains me! Thiago is a magnificent passer of the ball and it still bugs me how we could have sold him just like that for only about 20M.... ugh, cheese and crackers! (fyi that's my new family friendly content so that people don't get offended)

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:12 pm

free_cat wrote:

Payet is 30 and is not better than our midfieders.
Erikssen is a better option, but he is too incomplete to play as CM, that's why he is moved to the wings at Tottenham. His main strength is set pieces and he wouldn't take any with us. Pass.

Oh snap, I thought he was like 27.... and wow, if Eriksen is incomplete to play as CM then what does that make Gomes? I guess he shouldnt even be a professional athlete in the first place.

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:14 pm

Myesyats wrote: cheese and crackers! (fyi that's my new family friendly content so that people don't get offended)
As someone who loves cheese that offends me deeply. hmm
Lucifer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:15 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Eriksen's best performances have actually come through the middle. As a midfielder he is much better than Dele Allí whose main strength is his dribbling.

Not that I want either, but between both id rather have the Dane.

I don't want either, I put Dele Ali in the list as a last resort option...

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:35 pm

Lucifer wrote:
Myesyats wrote: cheese and crackers! (fyi that's my new family friendly content so that people don't get offended)
As someone who loves cheese that offends me deeply. hmm

I'm sorry but I sexually identify myself as a mozzarella stick and I do not appreciate such cheesy comments about cheese. Ugh, how can you be so ignorant! I'm disgusted and I feel sexually abused!

On topic, I would really push for Koke this summer.

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:38 pm

Koke has gone backwards in his progression. At 25 he is a finished product and I wouldn't sign him at all.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:13 pm

Might be unpopular here but take a look at Napoli's midfielders for shopping. They play an outstanding passing game and are all young (except for Hamsik who is not moving).

Jorginho(25), Diawara(19) and Zielinski(22) are gems. The first one's passing game is amazing (95.6 passes per game at 90.2% accuracy from whoscored).

The second one is an extremely good talent, would love him at Juve but they wouldn't sell to us. Best DM talent out there and still an awesome passer (98 passes at the Bernabeu with 89%).

The last one is for the vertical game with runs, dribbles, through balls and shots. But Im guessing @myesyats already knows all about him since he is polish.

I would take any of them for my club, but they specially fit Barca imo.
rincon
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:59 pm

Zieliński is very talented and I would take him in a heartbeat (obviously) but I rather see us going for a Spaniard/Latino type of guy, some La Liga scrub perhaps. It's hard to hope for much more with this sorry excuse of a board.

But I agree that Napoli could be a good team to look at as they can be willing to sell.

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:07 am

free_cat wrote:
Myesyats wrote:We also gotta scout this current Monaco team, they are blowing up like crazy, I mean CL semifinal is no coincidence.

They are producing players like crazy.... now this Almany Toure who looks also very good.

He's more of a defensive right back and can also play as a CB, not really the right profile for you imo.
farfan
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:11 am

rincon wrote:Might be unpopular here but take a look at Napoli's midfielders for shopping. They play an outstanding passing game and are all young (except for Hamsik who is not moving).

Jorginho(25), Diawara(19) and Zielinski(22) are gems. The first one's passing game is amazing (95.6 passes per game at 90.2% accuracy from whoscored).

The second one is an extremely good talent, would love him at Juve but they wouldn't sell to us. Best DM talent out there and still an awesome passer (98 passes at the Bernabeu with 89%).

The last one is for the vertical game with runs, dribbles, through balls and shots. But Im guessing @myesyats already knows all about him since he is polish.

I would take any of them for my club, but they specially fit Barca imo.

I watched Napoli vs. Madrid and they are not fit to tie any Barça midfielder laces. Zielinski doesn't even start for Napoli and now will be a starter for us...

Diawara is the only interesting, but we don't need a DM right now.

Last edited by free_cat on Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:12 am

farfan wrote:
free_cat wrote:

He's more of a defensive right back and can also play as a CB, not really the right profile for you imo.

Would be an option for 352 and give balance to the right side if Messi plays there, then.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:21 am

Choosing midfielder for Barca is one of the hardest jobs imo. So many boxes to tick. If u ask me i would rather bring in a bright prospect preferably from Spain instead of buying random big names and trying to fit square in a round hole.
Lucifer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:13 pm

I would love Tielemans to challenge for the CDM role. Young and someone that could fill in properly if Busq's if not playing well or injured. Right now the only option we have is Mascherano who is past it (especially at CDM) and Gomes (who doesn't know how to stop an attack or win a ball back). We could of course slot Sergi in that role if we signed Bellerin, but I believe Sergi's role would be better at CM/CAM not a defensive minded midfielder, as he has great attacking qualities and that would just not be using him at his strength. This was a huge issue in the first leg against Juve when Busq's was suspended, we were lacking a strong CDM to help stop that attack. Mathieu was the other issue; I have no idea why Lucho played him in such an important game when Alba and Digne were both on the bench that could of filled in better (not that I'm a big fan of Digne, but Alba is a battle tested big game player and has the speed to trouble Cuadrado).

The club is obviously not going to sell both Alba and Digne in 1 window, but if Theo is available then one has to go to make room for him. I doubt the club sells Digne after 1 window so I bet the club would consider selling Alba, with City a likely candidate to give us big cash for him since they have really old and past it full backs and Pep would likely welcome him. We could keep Digne until Cucurella is ready and then sell Digne imo. Even though there are allot of rumors of Theo having already agreed to join Real; which I don't get why Atletico would agree to this.

We need a huge signing for the midfield, and I would suggest tossing the kitchen sink at Verrati. It would be doable as we should be able to make a decent amount back from selling Turan to China/Galatasary and also off loading Mascherano and his wages. No way Iniesta leaves just yet, but he is more than likely for sure leaving the summer after. I know the club won't sell a player the following summer after singing them, so next best step would be to loan Gomes somewhere AND THEN sell him after hopefully he regains a bit of value, because having him on board is doing more bad than good.  

Bellerin is heavily linked with us, and if Wenger actually walks or if they don't finish top 4 (or both) then there is a good chance he would agree to join. Matheiu can fk off, and we can promote Marlon from the B team to take his role. We would still need someone strong to come in and replace Mascherano on the bench, not sure who. The rumor is that Colombian guy Mina.

And of course in attack we have Deulofeu coming back who can play both wings.

----------------------------Ter stegen (Cilissen)
--Bellerin (Sergi/Vidal) --Pique (Marlon) --Umtiti (Mina) --Theo (Digne)
-------------------------Busquets (Tielemans/Sergi)
---------Veratti (Rakatic/Rafinha)----------------Iniesta (Denis/Alena)
---Messi (Deulofeu/Rafinha)----------------------------Neymar (Deulofeu)
--------------------------------Suarez (Paco)

Sold - Maschrano, Alba, Turan, Mathieu, Gomes

We are also rumored to promote Alena. That line up is actually very reasonably doable and not something that would likely only happen on Fifa (a complete squad over haul)

Man looking at that, I would rather have Iniesta as the back up to a new midfielder. Not sure who we could start sign for that role tbh. Maybe Coutinho?

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:39 pm

Lucifer wrote:Choosing midfielder for Barca is one of the hardest jobs imo. So many boxes to tick. If u ask me i would rather bring in a bright prospect preferably from Spain instead of buying random big names and trying to fit square in a round hole.

Who though? Dani Cabellos? Halilovic? Denis Suarez was suppose to be that guy and so far he's got zero chances. And believe it or not, GOMES was suppose to be that guy as well and look how that's fairing out. We should of got Isco before he moved to Madrid. So if your looking for a hot La Liga prospect, I say we have that already in Alena

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top