My proposal for next season's team

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: My proposal for next season's team

Post by windkick on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:39 pm

@Lucifer wrote:Choosing midfielder for Barca is one of the hardest jobs imo. So many boxes to tick. If u ask me i would rather bring in a bright prospect preferably from Spain instead of buying random big names and trying to fit square in a round hole.

Who though? Dani Cabellos? Halilovic? Denis Suarez was suppose to be that guy and so far he's got zero chances. And believe it or not, GOMES was suppose to be that guy as well and look how that's fairing out. We should of got Isco before he moved to Madrid. So if your looking for a hot La Liga prospect, I say we have that already in Alena

windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:51 pm

Theo is committed to Real Madrid. It's not Atletico agreeing, it's Madrid paying the exit price. Similarly no way you get Ceballos particularly if you expect as Free Cat has said he would have to make an apology, LOL

So you are back to wanting to sign midfielders, a RB, backup CBs and bring back Deulofeu
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:08 pm

This guy and his obsession with Pogba :facepalm:

First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:11 pm

RB
LB
Verratti
Ramsey

And don't sell Iniesta or Mascherano. They still got legs in them to play. And also it is wrong to let them go after what they have done for this club. Stop acting like mercenary clubs like Manchester City.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:35 pm

@danyjr wrote:RB
LB
Verratti
Ramsey

And don't sell Iniesta or Mascherano. They still got legs in them to play. And also it is wrong to let them go after what they have done for this club. Stop acting like mercenary clubs like Manchester City.

I agree with what you said, just unsure about the two striked out. Not saying they are bad, just not sure.
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:00 pm

Veratti would be great for Barca
Ramsey.. tbh I think he's great because with arsenal some players just suck because they have no discipline or motivation
Ghoulam would be a great buy as well for left back

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:18 am

LB
Verratti
Ramsey

Iniesta has been offered a 2 year contract extension as of yesterday and he is currently evaluating it. So he isn't going anywhere but we should find someone to rotate with him so he can actually last those 2 extra years.

Mascherano hardly plays anymore for us, and is on pretty big wages and is already in his early 30s. So why keep him on? I see nothing wrong with moving him on at this point, he served us well but that doesn't mean we have to keep him until he's 37 just getting paid on the bench when we could splash those wages on a new CB that will one day actually fight for a starting spot. You have to learn to move on sometimes and Mascherano has looked past it this season and will only continue to regress from here (and again he makes a good stack of money for someone who hardly plays anymore). That's not a diss on him. Heck I think the club should do him a solid and let him go for free back to Argentina as a token of appreciation. Unless he wants to continue in Europe, then I would sell him lol.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:23 am

@windkick wrote:I would love Tielemans to challenge for the CDM role. Young and someone that could fill in properly if Busq's if not playing well or injured. Right now the only option we have is Mascherano who is past it (especially at CDM) and Gomes (who doesn't know how to stop an attack or win a ball back). We could of course slot Sergi in that role if we signed Bellerin, but I believe Sergi's role would be better at CM/CAM not a defensive minded midfielder, as he has great attacking qualities and that would just not be using him at his strength. This was a huge issue in the first leg against Juve when Busq's was suspended, we were lacking a strong CDM to help stop that attack. Mathieu was the other issue; I have no idea why Lucho played him in such an important game when Alba and Digne were both on the bench that could of filled in better (not that I'm a big fan of Digne, but Alba is a battle tested big game player and has the speed to trouble Cuadrado).

The club is obviously not going to sell both Alba and Digne in 1 window, but if Theo is available then one has to go to make room for him. I doubt the club sells Digne after 1 window so I bet the club would consider selling Alba, with City a likely candidate to give us big cash for him since they have really old and past it full backs and Pep would likely welcome him. We could keep Digne until Cucurella is ready and then sell Digne imo. Even though there are allot of rumors of Theo having already agreed to join Real; which I don't get why Atletico would agree to this.

We need a huge signing for the midfield, and I would suggest tossing the kitchen sink at Verrati. It would be doable as we should be able to make a decent amount back from selling Turan to China/Galatasary and also off loading Mascherano and his wages. No way Iniesta leaves just yet, but he is more than likely for sure leaving the summer after. I know the club won't sell a player the following summer after singing them, so next best step would be to loan Gomes somewhere AND THEN sell him after hopefully he regains a bit of value, because having him on board is doing more bad than good.  

Bellerin is heavily linked with us, and if Wenger actually walks or if they don't finish top 4 (or both) then there is a good chance he would agree to join. Matheiu can fk off, and we can promote Marlon from the B team to take his role. We would still need someone strong to come in and replace Mascherano on the bench, not sure who. The rumor is that Colombian guy Mina.

And of course in attack we have Deulofeu coming back who can play both wings.

----------------------------Ter stegen (Cilissen)
--Bellerin (Sergi/Vidal) --Pique (Marlon) --Umtiti (Mina) --Theo (Digne)
-------------------------Busquets (Tielemans/Sergi)
---------Veratti (Rakatic/Rafinha)----------------Iniesta (Denis/Alena)
---Messi (Deulofeu/Rafinha)----------------------------Neymar (Deulofeu)
--------------------------------Suarez (Paco)

Sold - Maschrano, Alba, Turan, Mathieu, Gomes

We are also rumored to promote Alena. That line up is actually very reasonably doable and not something that would likely only happen on Fifa (a complete squad over haul)

Man looking at that, I would rather have Iniesta as the back up to a new midfielder. Not sure who we could start sign for that role tbh. Maybe Coutinho?

First, that's 24 players. Too many. We always do better with short squads, especially because it leaves room for B players to come on.

Second, we don't need Tielemans when we have Roberto who is a more than good DM.

Third, Digne and Alcácer need to go as well as Gomes, Turan, Mathieu, Mascherano and Iniesta. I would even add Denis to that list and I'm doubtful on Cilessen and vidal. Keeping Iniesta next season would be a huge mistake, the same we made with Xavi.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:23 am

LB
Verratti
Ramsey

It's funny and kind of cute your obsession with Ramsey....

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:25 pm

People need to stop getting obsessed with Verratti, ain't gonna happen. Ramsey Laughing

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:32 am

@free_cat wrote:
@windkick wrote:I would love Tielemans to challenge for the CDM role. Young and someone that could fill in properly if Busq's if not playing well or injured. Right now the only option we have is Mascherano who is past it (especially at CDM) and Gomes (who doesn't know how to stop an attack or win a ball back). We could of course slot Sergi in that role if we signed Bellerin, but I believe Sergi's role would be better at CM/CAM not a defensive minded midfielder, as he has great attacking qualities and that would just not be using him at his strength. This was a huge issue in the first leg against Juve when Busq's was suspended, we were lacking a strong CDM to help stop that attack. Mathieu was the other issue; I have no idea why Lucho played him in such an important game when Alba and Digne were both on the bench that could of filled in better (not that I'm a big fan of Digne, but Alba is a battle tested big game player and has the speed to trouble Cuadrado).

The club is obviously not going to sell both Alba and Digne in 1 window, but if Theo is available then one has to go to make room for him. I doubt the club sells Digne after 1 window so I bet the club would consider selling Alba, with City a likely candidate to give us big cash for him since they have really old and past it full backs and Pep would likely welcome him. We could keep Digne until Cucurella is ready and then sell Digne imo. Even though there are allot of rumors of Theo having already agreed to join Real; which I don't get why Atletico would agree to this.

We need a huge signing for the midfield, and I would suggest tossing the kitchen sink at Verrati. It would be doable as we should be able to make a decent amount back from selling Turan to China/Galatasary and also off loading Mascherano and his wages. No way Iniesta leaves just yet, but he is more than likely for sure leaving the summer after. I know the club won't sell a player the following summer after singing them, so next best step would be to loan Gomes somewhere AND THEN sell him after hopefully he regains a bit of value, because having him on board is doing more bad than good.  

Bellerin is heavily linked with us, and if Wenger actually walks or if they don't finish top 4 (or both) then there is a good chance he would agree to join. Matheiu can fk off, and we can promote Marlon from the B team to take his role. We would still need someone strong to come in and replace Mascherano on the bench, not sure who. The rumor is that Colombian guy Mina.

And of course in attack we have Deulofeu coming back who can play both wings.

----------------------------Ter stegen (Cilissen)
--Bellerin (Sergi/Vidal) --Pique (Marlon) --Umtiti (Mina) --Theo (Digne)
-------------------------Busquets (Tielemans/Sergi)
---------Veratti (Rakatic/Rafinha)----------------Iniesta (Denis/Alena)
---Messi (Deulofeu/Rafinha)----------------------------Neymar (Deulofeu)
--------------------------------Suarez (Paco)

Sold - Maschrano, Alba, Turan, Mathieu, Gomes

We are also rumored to promote Alena. That line up is actually very reasonably doable and not something that would likely only happen on Fifa (a complete squad over haul)

Man looking at that, I would rather have Iniesta as the back up to a new midfielder. Not sure who we could start sign for that role tbh. Maybe Coutinho?

First, that's 24 players. Too many. We always do better with short squads, especially because it leaves room for B players to come on.

Second, we don't need Tielemans when we have Roberto who is a more than good DM.

Third, Digne and Alcácer need to go as well as Gomes, Turan, Mathieu, Mascherano and Iniesta. I would even add Denis to that list and I'm doubtful on Cilessen and vidal. Keeping Iniesta next season would be a huge mistake, the same we made with Xavi.

The club already offered Iniesta a 2 year extension. That's a reality. Last I read he is taking time to evaluate the offer. But that is pretty clear the club is planning on keeping him for a while.

Roberto also came out today and said in some interview that Mascherano is not transferable. So while we both agree he has to go, it doesn't seem like it's gonna happen.

And lastly, while I agree Digne and Gomes need to fk off, the odds of the club tossing them both out after 1 season are extremely low. Especially when Roberto himself brought them in; if he turned them around after 1 season that shows he was wrong. The club also extended his contract recently which means the dumbass board is happy in the direction he is going. Again - all this is from what I've read, not me speculating but lets be real.

Iniesta and Mascherano are likely staying past this summer.

Mathieu should go, as well as Turan.

Paco should go but I believe the club will keep him a few more years even if he is stinking it up, just like they will probably do with Digne and Gomes.

Denis might get loaned, might not. If you look at the clubs track record, I would say it's more likely that Alena gets promoted and loaned.

As someone mentioned, Theo already committed to Real, so he's out the question.

So all in all, I really don't know what big change the club is honestly gonna do besides bring in Deulofeu to back up the wing roles that Turan is currently getting and perhaps sell Mathieu and promote Marlon to get his random minutes. Beyond that, I wouldn't be shocked if they leave things as is.

Perhaps maybe make a BS attempt at Bellerin (who's said in MANY interviews he is beyond happy in London and returning to Barcelona is not a priority at all, as he's loving the way things are at the moment) and a BS attempt at Verrati (which we both know PSG does not like selling us crap. Especially after the lingering shit we pulled trying to pry Thiago Silva away and then Marquinhos...and then us tossing them out the UCL in a humiliating way I'm sure doesn't help. It's been pretty clear the PSG board doesn't care about tossing us a bone, other than scraps like Digne)

Face it, we both got ideas that might help the club improve but the club itself seems to think ass backwards.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:03 am

Any takers for Ander Herrera? Razz His passing is not up there with the standard you guys set, but his overall game's developed by leaps lately. Archetypical combative box to box.
Never want him gone as he is my fav United player, but if he does end up leaving hope its to Barca. Smile
Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:49 pm

Btw today's goals basically seal Gomes is gonna stay. The club will use this game as evidence that he's coming around, and will not admit failure and flip him after 1 season.

Same thing happened with Cesc

Last edited by windkick on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:23 pm

Gomes is rather young and his poor form could be due to not being to handle the pressure and he might as well turn it around. Not saying he will, but just comparing him to Cesc who supposedly had Barca DNA and was seasoned player.
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:17 pm

@free_cat wrote:
LB
Verratti
Ramsey

Not as cute as your obsession with Pogba Wink

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:48 am

@eelir wrote:Gomes is rather young and his poor form could be due to not being to handle the pressure and he might as well turn it around. Not saying he will, but just comparing him to Cesc who supposedly had Barca DNA and was seasoned player.

To be fair though, Cesc didn't fit into our system and did his typical disappearing the 2nd half of the season, but his goals/assists were on point from the second he started playing. Gomes doesn't fit into the system, looks timid, and doesn't offer jack shit in offense or defense. Comparing him to Cesc's first season is ridiculous

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:10 am

@danyjr wrote:
@free_cat wrote:
LB
Verratti
Ramsey

Not as cute as your obsession with Pogba Wink

Cause he's like 10 times the player Ramsey is... and fit?

@eelir wrote:Gomes is rather young and his poor form could be due to not being to handle the pressure and he might as well turn it around. Not saying he will, but just comparing him to Cesc who supposedly had Barca DNA and was seasoned player.

Not a Cesc admirer, but you just can't compare him to Gomes. Even though he didn't fit our team, you have to admit that Cesc was a world class midfielder at many points in his career and had many stellar performances with us, although it made us worse as a team in a whole.

Gomes also makes us a worse team plus he simply doesn't play well, score or assist at a rate anywhere close to Cesc's. Ok, yesterday he scored two goals, but as usual he did absolutely nothing else. His best play in all his season was the pass to Alba for Messi's 2-3 at Bernabeu. That has been his contribution.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:14 am

@Glory wrote:Any takers for Ander Herrera? Razz His passing is not up there with the standard you guys set, but his overall game's developed by leaps lately. Archetypical combative box to box.
Never want him gone as he is my fav United player, but if he does end up leaving hope its to Barca. Smile

Would be a good option for DM, but I don't think we need a Busquets replacement yet.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:59 am

The players that are sounding for us are nice.

Sport says that Theo Hernandez might be signed and there are rumours of Verratti and Isco.

All of them would be fantastic additions. We would be missing a RB and a forward then, and getting rid of all the failures.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:18 pm

Forget about Isco, Madrid crowd love him and he won't leave. You should have moved for him when he was at Valencia, what you did on the other hand was selling Thiago Laughing

Verratti will be worth every penny. But you need to make him want out. Thankfully Raiola is not his agent.

And regarding Pogba, no he isn't ten times the player Ramsey is. Physically he is stronger but that's about it. If you are after physique why not go for N'zonzi who is ten times cheaper than that overrated flop? Ramsey is technically better and is a harder worker.

Stop looking after Hollywood passes and YouTube techniques. The guy's performances for United speak for themselves. Overrated.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue on Wed May 03, 2017 1:33 am

Any reason no mention of Bernardo Silva to replace Iniesta?

To me just seems like a ideal replacement for him, Isco would probably be better but he is at Madrid and that seems like an impossible transfer.

First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan on Wed May 03, 2017 1:58 am

@Blue wrote:Any reason no mention of Bernardo Silva to replace Iniesta?

To me just seems like a ideal replacement for him, Isco would probably be better but he is at Madrid and that seems like an impossible transfer.

Bernardo Silva's best position is as a right winger, his performances are pretty meh when he's playing on the left or in a midfield trio.
farfan
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitescu on Wed May 03, 2017 4:08 pm

Ramsey quite simply put, is not a very good player and never will be.

Surprised Free put in Verratti as he is his number one critic here, frequently referring to him as overrated as I put it down to seeing him in the wrong moments in the wrong situation in the wrong placement as if he does come to Barça and played to his strengths, a move I hope to have happen Free will be won over. People speak of Pogba but there is no comparison in him when it comes to Verratti.

Arquitescu
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Sat May 06, 2017 1:40 am

@Glory wrote:Any takers for Ander Herrera? Razz Archetypical combative box to box.

Why would he leave? scratch Surely, he's provided with enough excitement at Man United, already. It's not all about the trophies and results and he knows it Very Happy

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick on Tue May 09, 2017 6:31 am

Apparently Theo to be back up to Marcelo for 4 years is signed and done.

So he can be scratched off the hit list of proposed fixes.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming on Tue May 09, 2017 6:02 pm

Might lose Neymar or Messi this summer too.

"I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi

Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next