Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo

Go down

Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo Empty Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo

Post by Valkyrja on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:19 pm

2 major attacking forces, who is better?

_________________
@Myesyats wrote:Mane-Origi-Gigi forward line? :bow: It's not gonna be pretty for us.

Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo Nail-biting-gif-7


This boy knew
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10951
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo Empty Re: Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo

Post by Bankz on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:53 pm

Roberto carlos, and by some distance tbh. Won more, scored more, faster, stronger, better shot, better set-piece taker, technically superior, a bigger legend, world cup winner, copa america winner. EASY. Lets just say Roberto carlos was a fantasy version of marcelo. R.carlos was a brand ffs. Lol
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 2844
Join date : 2014-06-17

Back to top Go down

Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo Empty Re: Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo

Post by LeBéninois on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:20 pm

@Bankz wrote:Roberto carlos, and by some distance tbh. Won more, scored more, faster, stronger, better shot, better set-piece taker, technically superior, a bigger legend, world cup winner, copa america winner. EASY. Lets just say Roberto carlos was a fantasy version of marcelo. R.carlos was a brand ffs. Lol


The question is who's better lol . Anyways I'd go with Rob too. But the way people are quick to criticize players nowadays, Carlos would have gotten his fair share of critics too.

_________________
"Form is temporary 4th is permanent" Arsene Wenger
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 3985
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo Empty Re: Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo

Post by halamadrid2 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:56 pm

I agree with everything bar technically superior

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 20647
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo Empty Re: Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo

Post by sportsczy on Tue May 02, 2017 11:26 am

Marcelo better technically no doubt. RC better at everything else and was plenty technical for his position.

RC bludgeoned you all game long. He wasn't a great defender... but he worked his arse off to play defense regardless and did well enough. You could get past him on defense but you were going to have to earn it and pay a price. Had a 3rd lung and worked tirelessly.

Had a couple of brainfarts on NT at bad times, which detracted from his otherwise superb performances there.... i.e. shoelaces against France and the missed overhead clearance against the Netherlands I think (could be wrong).


_________________
Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo 0949749001454881112_filepicker
sportsczy
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 18364
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo Empty Re: Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo

Post by rincon on Tue May 02, 2017 11:55 am

Marcelo isn't the best fullback on his current team, comparing him to all time greats is too much.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 13100
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo Empty Re: Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo

Post by Lucifer on Tue May 02, 2017 12:01 pm

@rincon wrote:Marcelo isn't the best fullback on his current team, comparing him to all time greats is too much.
As someone who stalks watches Madrid week in week out i can say yes he is and arguably the best in world right now. Carvajal is more complete but what marcello offers in attack is just immense to this team.
Lucifer
Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6812
Join date : 2015-06-16
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo Empty Re: Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo

Post by rincon on Tue May 02, 2017 12:07 pm

@Lucifer wrote:
@rincon wrote:Marcelo isn't the best fullback on his current team, comparing him to all time greats is too much.
As someone who stalks watches Madrid week in week out i can say yes he is and arguably the best in world right now. Carvajal is more complete but what marcello offers in attack is just immense to this team.


He is immense to this team, I agree. Still I think Carvajal is the better player. He doesn't need cover, excuses about his defending, or any particular team, he could do his thing anywhere and shine.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 13100
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo Empty Re: Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo

Post by sportsczy on Tue May 02, 2017 12:38 pm

Yeah I mean you have to separate attack and defense. Fullback and midfielders are the only players who need to do both... so you can't just rate them one way and completely ignore the other side.

Because we lack attacking creativity in the midfield, Marcelo is extremely important to this team. If we didn't need that aspect as much (as when we had Ozil and Di Maria), then his lack of balance gets exposed.

_________________
Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo 0949749001454881112_filepicker
sportsczy
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 18364
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo Empty Re: Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo

Post by Freeza on Tue May 02, 2017 12:45 pm

@sportsczy wrote:Marcelo better technically no doubt.  RC better at everything else and was plenty technical for his position.

RC bludgeoned you all game long.  He wasn't a great defender...  but he worked his arse off to play defense regardless and did well enough.  You could get past him on defense but you were going to have to earn it and pay a price.  Had a 3rd lung and worked tirelessly.

Had a couple of brainfarts on NT at bad times, which detracted from his otherwise superb performances there.... i.e. shoelaces against France and the missed overhead clearance against the Netherlands I think (could be wrong).



I'm disappointed in you Sad

It was against Denmark. Our greatest ever NT. Almost had that game...

Well. Our 84 team was also amazing.

_________________
hmm:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 20993
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo Empty Re: Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo

Post by NeganIsco on Thu May 04, 2017 1:26 pm

LOL come back to me when RC can dribble half as good as Marcelo...

_________________
Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo Maxresdefault
NeganIsco
NeganIsco
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 265
Join date : 2017-01-09

Back to top Go down

Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo Empty Re: Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo

Post by El Kommander on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:05 pm

Marcelo has surpassed him. Carlos was a 1 FK in 5 seaons merchant. Marcelo is better than him at everything bar recovery pace. He's better at defending one on ones, better at crossing, better at passing and is essentially a playmaker. Carlos is ovverated by people that get a hard on from watching his banana fk against France.
El Kommander
El Kommander
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 90
Join date : 2016-09-29

Back to top Go down

Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo Empty Re: Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo

Post by Valkyrja on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:49 pm

Finally

_________________
@Myesyats wrote:Mane-Origi-Gigi forward line? :bow: It's not gonna be pretty for us.

Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo Nail-biting-gif-7


This boy knew
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10951
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo Empty Re: Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo

Post by _SuperFloren_ on Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:39 am

@El Kommander wrote:Marcelo has surpassed him. Carlos was a 1 FK in 5 seaons merchant. Marcelo is better than him at everything bar recovery pace. He's better at defending one on ones, better at crossing, better at passing and is essentially a playmaker. Carlos is ovverated by people that get a hard on from watching his banana fk against France.


Roberto Carlos was a ballon dor caliber player, he was 2nd in 2002, should have been 1st. I love Marcelo and he is becoming a legend too, but Roberto carlos was a freak of nature, he was full back and winger at the same time with no help on the wing.
_SuperFloren_
_SuperFloren_
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 190
Join date : 2011-11-28

Back to top Go down

Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo Empty Re: Roberto Carlos vs Marcelo

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum