rincon
Mr Nick09
Firenze
Glory
S
54 posters

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Mbappé set to be a galactico? - Page 3 Empty Re: Mbappé set to be a galactico?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 06, 2017 2:58 pm

Freeza wrote:Isn't Mbappe a Madrid fan though? Makes more sense to join us than United since we've got the worst CF out of any top 40 club.

I mean that's pretty meaningless tbh, honestly the whole boyhood fan so he must join them is probably a pet hate of mine lol.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat May 06, 2017 3:05 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:you dont sign a player for 100+ mil to leave him on loan... Besides there is an obvious need at CF given how Benzema is performing and how much Zidane relies on Morata.

Ronaldo is the best CF in the world
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 06, 2017 3:10 pm

i dont know what point you are trying to make with that post
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat May 06, 2017 3:11 pm

Stahp

Mbappé set to be a galactico? - Page 3 Screen10
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat May 06, 2017 4:37 pm

Zees wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
Since when was Batshuayi a bench player for Marsielle? Or did you not understand my post?

Yeah sorry, my bad.

Honestly i'd be happy if we can get 60 more than mil out of Morata, hopefully Conte will come thru and reunite with his boy.

I think Chelsea will bid 60-70 mil for him. It's up to Madrid to accept.

I like Belotti a lot but I'd have loved to see him play at this level for 2 full seasons first. Looks like a massive gamble for what's being asked.

-----------------

I actually think Mbappe should stay at Monaco for one more year. Not sure any of the clubs interested can really help his development over the next year.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat May 06, 2017 4:58 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
Zees wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
Since when was Batshuayi a bench player for Marsielle? Or did you not understand my post?

Yeah sorry, my bad.

Honestly i'd be happy if we can get 60 more than mil out of Morata, hopefully Conte will come thru and reunite with his boy.

I like Belotti a lot but I'd have loved to see him play at this level for 2 full seasons first. Looks like a massive gamble for what's being asked.

You think we will bid 60-70m for a striker who has never scored more then 13 goals in league play and only reached doubl digit once?

I find that crazy, he doesn't have a high ceiling either like ManU paid for Martiel or as much potential as Batshuayi.

Belotti is more proven and more room to grow imo.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat May 06, 2017 7:55 pm

Blue wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
Zees wrote:

Yeah sorry, my bad.

You think we will bid 60-70m for a striker who has never scored more then 13 goals in league play and only reached doubl digit once?

I find that crazy, he doesn't have a high ceiling either like ManU paid for Martiel or as much potential as Batshuayi.

Belotti is more proven and more room to grow imo.

On what basis are you assuming that Morata doesn't have a high ceiling?

Also, you need to put into context the circumstances surrounding Morata. How many times has he been a consistent starter for Juve/Madrid? Why was he not started consistently? If you can answer those questions, you'll know that neither of those answers have to do with his actual quality as a striker.

Based on what I see this season alone, I prefer Belotti. But it wouldn't be the first time a striker has looked like a world beater in Serie A and turned out to be piss poor in another league *cough*Immobile*cough*

Whatever you think of Morata, it's absolutely insane to be paying 100 odd million for a striker who's been good for only a season and half. Stop it.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat May 06, 2017 8:03 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:

Also, you need to put into context the circumstances surrounding Morata. How many times has he been a consistent starter for Juve/Madrid? Why was he not started consistently? If you can answer those questions, you'll know that neither of those answers have to do with his actual quality as a striker.

I (and many others here) can answer those questions and, with Juve, 100% it was about his quality as a striker.

What other reason do you find??
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat May 06, 2017 8:10 pm

rincon wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

I (and many others here) can answer those questions and, with Juve, 100% it was about his quality as a striker.

So he wasn't riding the bench towards the end of his Juve stint because Juve were trying to con Madrid into not exercising their buy back clause then?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat May 06, 2017 8:15 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
rincon wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

So he wasn't riding the bench towards the end of his Juve stint because Juve were trying to con Madrid into not exercising their buy back clause then?

Of course not. What kind of conspiracy theory is this?

Morata had everyone's backing at Juve since he arrived. He wasn't consistent in his first season and everyone thought he would come through in the second one. Then he failed.

Morata best play came from the left and when he had tons of space, not as a CF, and not in the league. And when he did play from the center (most times) he never formed a partnership with Dybala. Mandzukic was MUCH better than Morata.

rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat May 06, 2017 8:20 pm

Barrett already trying to spin Morata into an elite forward because Chelsea are linked with him..he's not good enough for a top club period, why would anyone spend the kind money Madrid will want with actual elite players out there? will be hilarious if Chelsea sign him as a starter. They should be looking elsewhere.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 06, 2017 8:21 pm

Morata just had a double vs granada, thanks for the encouragement, 80 mil please it's not a lot
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat May 06, 2017 8:22 pm

He carrier Juve to a final lol, what do you mean not elite? Scored in virtually every big game
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 06, 2017 8:24 pm

Mbappé set to be a galactico? - Page 3 Tumblr_o46jq4BDG51qaorn7o1_500

and you want to sign some belend called Belotti when you have a proven kids destroying teams in CL, i dont get some fans rofl
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat May 06, 2017 8:24 pm

Saying Morata carried Juve to a final is basically opening up whoscored and looking at some goals in some games. That's about the depth of that.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat May 06, 2017 8:26 pm

You have him to thank for advancing against Real lol
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat May 06, 2017 8:27 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Mbappé set to be a galactico? - Page 3 Tumblr_o46jq4BDG51qaorn7o1_500

and you want to sign some belend called Belotti when you have a proven kids destroying teams in CL, i dont get some fans rofl

Morata had his moments but it's proven he isn't good enough to start for elite teams
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat May 06, 2017 8:27 pm

Of course he was great for us in that CL run in his first season, but he didn't carry anyone. That team built everything together, and if anyone was carrying it was Tevez.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 06, 2017 8:29 pm

context, Morata did it on the biggest stage of european football, context matters. besides, i can point to other big moments, goals vs madrid even in CL semis, top performance in CL final.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat May 06, 2017 8:31 pm

rincon wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
rincon wrote:

Of course not. What kind of conspiracy theory is this?

Morata had everyone's backing at Juve since he arrived. He wasn't consistent in his first season and everyone thought he would come through in the second one. Then he failed.

Morata best play came from the left and when he had tons of space, not as a CF, and not in the league. And when he did play from the center (most times) he never formed a partnership with Dybala. Mandzukic was MUCH better than Morata.

Fair enough, my mistake on that then. You watch virtually every Juve game so you know better than me on that.

Firenze wrote:Barrett already trying to spin Morata into an elite forward because Chelsea are linked with him..he's not good enough for a top club period, why would anyone spend the kind money Madrid will want with actual elite players out there? will be hilarious if Chelsea sign him as a starter. They should be looking elsewhere.

1. I have never said he's an "elite" striker. There's maybe 4 elite strikers in the world. I simply implied he's good enough and has room for improvement and I don't doubt he can improve under Conte.

2. You and I have been wrong about countless other footballers in the past before. That's football. You don't always know how a player's career is going to turn out. So don't act like you have a complete read on his.

3. There's maybe 3 or 4 strikers Chelsea can go after to replace Costa and they ALL have question marks in one form or another and are basically on the same level all things considered. If you could suggest the elite strikers you have in mind, please do.

Mr Nick09 wrote:Morata just had a double vs granada, thanks for the encouragement, 80 mil please it's not a lot

Well thank God the opinions of football fans on internet forums mean *bleep* all to a club's officials and will almost never see the light of day, ehy? Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat May 06, 2017 8:31 pm

Is it 2015? Have people not figured out that Morata has black-hole-sized gaps in his game?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat May 06, 2017 8:35 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
1. I have never said he's an "elite" striker. There's maybe 4 elite strikers in the world. I simply implied he's good enough and has room for improvement and I don't doubt he can improve under Conte.

He has room for improvement but he is not good enough to be starting at a club like Chelsea (or Juve or Madrid) right now. He needs time and tons of work. He is 24 and never a started so far in his career. He needs games and experience to understand the game better. His goals and performances come because he has the skills to do it, but mentally he is nowhere near good enough to be the main man.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat May 06, 2017 8:37 pm

I've settled for one fact: regardless of who we buy as Costa's replacement, it's going to be a downgrade at least in the short term.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat May 06, 2017 8:38 pm

rincon wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

He has room for improvement but he is not good enough to be starting at a club like Chelsea (or Juve or Madrid) right now. He needs time and tons of work. He is 24 and never a started so far in his career. He needs games and experience to understand the game better. His goals and performances come because he has the skills to do it, but mentally he is nowhere near good enough to be the main man.

I do agree about his mentality from what I can tell. Read an interview he did on the Telegraph some weeks ago and the way he talked about his mentality and how he drops his head in some games when things don't go his way rubbed me the wrong way.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 06, 2017 8:38 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
Well thank God the opinions of football fans on internet forums mean *bleep* all to a club's officials and will almost never see the light of day, ehy? Laughing
i dont know about you but i strongly believe that Florentino Perez has a staff reading my post to get good ideas hmm
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat May 06, 2017 8:39 pm

Whats with the anti Morata agenda rincon? Seems like you have a bit of a personal grudge
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next