EL Final 16/17: Manchester United vs Ajax

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who will be crowned the princes of Europe?

22% 22% 
[ 5 ]
57% 57% 
[ 13 ]
21% 21% 
[ 5 ]
 
Total Votes : 23

EL Final 16/17: Manchester United vs Ajax

Post by Firenze on Thu May 11, 2017 10:35 pm


20:45CET on Wednesday 24 May, Friends Arena, Stockholm, Sweden

vs

Team News:
Manchester United will be without Eric Bailly (Suspended), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Injured), Marcos Rojo (Injured), Luke Shaw (Fat)

Ajax will be without Viergiver (Suspended)

Lineups:

Ajax: Onana, Veltman, Sanchez, De Ligt, Riedewald, Klaassen, Schone, Ziyech, Traore, Dolberg, Younes.

United: Romero, Valencia, Smalling, Blind, Darmian, Fellaini, Herrera, Pogba, Mata, Rashford, Mkhitaryan.


Paths to the final:

Manchester United;
St Etienne, Rostov, Anderlecht, Celta Vigo

Ajax;  Legia, Copenhagen, Schalke, Lyon

Official Result: Ajax 0 - Manchester United 2

     P. Pogba 18', H. Mkhitaryan 48'


Last edited by Firenze on Wed May 24, 2017 10:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Firenze
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 18583
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: EL Final 16/17: Manchester United vs Ajax

Post by Firenze on Thu May 11, 2017 10:36 pm

what a time to be alive

even without our first choice CB's I fully expect to win this
avatar
Firenze
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 18583
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: EL Final 16/17: Manchester United vs Ajax

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu May 11, 2017 10:50 pm

Might as well rename the thread to TREBLE celebration thread.

Ajax rofl might as well be playing Fleetwood Town.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 55620
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: EL Final 16/17: Manchester United vs Ajax

Post by Freeza on Thu May 11, 2017 10:54 pm

The Princess of Europe

_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 13458
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: EL Final 16/17: Manchester United vs Ajax

Post by Firenze on Thu May 11, 2017 10:58 pm

I have a lot of love for Zigra as a poster, hate it had to be you m8, if you need a shoulder to cry on, don't @ me you pos

I'll be too busy celebrating
avatar
Firenze
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 18583
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: EL Final 16/17: Manchester United vs Ajax

Post by zigra on Thu May 11, 2017 11:12 pm

This is it. We did all the hard work. Now it's time to just take the trophy. No one left in the field who can stop us.
What a time to be alive.
avatar
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax
Posts : 2835
Join date : 2013-08-15
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: EL Final 16/17: Manchester United vs Ajax

Post by Unique on Thu May 11, 2017 11:41 pm

2 shit teams in the final. None of them faced a good team in the EL. Ain't worth watching tbh. :coffee:

_________________
avatar
Unique
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 7896
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 42

Back to top Go down

Re: EL Final 16/17: Manchester United vs Ajax

Post by S on Fri May 12, 2017 3:14 am

Will be keeping a keen eye on this match

Need to scout our supercup opponents

_________________

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 21318
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: EL Final 16/17: Manchester United vs Ajax

Post by footyfan01 on Fri May 12, 2017 3:43 am

Yo Zigra, Come on we will win this!

I hope Bosz's starts Tete, it is vital, he will make whatever LW United puts his bit*h, best defensive RB I have seen in quite a while. The team is good, it is young, the CB's - Sanchez & De Ligt are 20 & 17 respectively.

I also don't want the head-less chicken Traore to start, it should Kluivert or Neres.

This is a golden Ajax generation & selling Klaassen this summer will only make it better when Frankie De Jong, Nouri, Eiting come into the mid-field & get more chances !

Ajax has got a really good chance to win - Let's go Ajax !

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 593
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: EL Final 16/17: Manchester United vs Ajax

Post by Doc on Fri May 12, 2017 6:00 am

In one hand, Firenze has been such a gem of a supporter, I really wanna see him just go berserk on this forum. On the other hand, he decided to be in some unholy, satanic, soul sucking relationship with those Jjuve clowns.

Because of the latter, I hope Ajax puts this kiddy pop treble he is touting to bed.

_________________
avatar
Doc
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8529
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: EL Final 16/17: Manchester United vs Ajax

Post by zenmaster on Fri May 12, 2017 6:34 am

Sweet.

_________________
no clinging no resisting
avatar
zenmaster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 344
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: EL Final 16/17: Manchester United vs Ajax

Post by zigra on Fri May 12, 2017 11:19 am

@footyfan01 wrote:Yo Zigra, Come on we will win this!

I hope Bosz's starts Tete, it is vital, he will make whatever LW United puts his bit*h, best defensive RB I have seen in quite a while. The team is good, it is young, the CB's - Sanchez & De Ligt are 20 & 17 respectively.

I also don't want the head-less chicken Traore to start, it should Kluivert or Neres.

This is a golden Ajax generation & selling Klaassen this summer will only make it better when Frankie De Jong, Nouri, Eiting come into the mid-field & get more chances !

Ajax has got a really good chance to win - Let's go Ajax !


Yeah we will do this. United won't stop us. Broken team managed by a coward.

I also hope Tete plays over Veltman. He's a liability. He always was and while he had a few good months he recently showed he still can't be trusted.. but I'm not sure Bosz sees it the same. If he plays he might even have a good game tbf, it's just 50-50 that he *bleep* it up completely.

Traore is capable of great performances. Problem is he's equally capable of being completely useless. But I'm sure he will play and in a final I hope he will go all out.

It's time to teach @Firenze a lesson. You don't @me like that without payback.
avatar
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax
Posts : 2835
Join date : 2013-08-15
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: EL Final 16/17: Manchester United vs Ajax

Post by Firenze on Fri May 12, 2017 1:43 pm

Ajax conceded 4 goals against Lyon, 3 goals against Schalke, 2 goals against Copenhagen and have gotten 3 red cards in their 4 EL knockout matches.

You're strong at home like a multitude of Europa League jabroni's (shout out to Rostov), a tough nut to crack there. But you aren't at home this time.. You've been borderline battered most ties away from home.  The reds also show a tendency to bottle when the occasion gets tough. (double entendre don't even ask me how)

Honestly, you should just enjoy the occasion and feel grateful that you're in a European cup final against the biggest team in the world. Sit down, shut up and be glad that you know me ffs.

Anyone expecting Ajax to do anything but be an onlooker in this game is setting themselves up for disappointment..I see the poll votes, I bet some are Juve or Madrid fans..there will be an accounting of your ignorance in August when we meet in the supercup.

avatar
Firenze
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 18583
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: EL Final 16/17: Manchester United vs Ajax

Post by S on Fri May 12, 2017 1:52 pm

Dint even know a poll existed

But anyway, hope for an exciting match.

Juve, Madrid, United, Ajax. The last 4 remaining teams in Europe. This feels like a throwback to the 90s.

_________________

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 21318
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: EL Final 16/17: Manchester United vs Ajax

Post by Firenze on Fri May 12, 2017 1:56 pm

@Zigra post your expected lineup for the match so I can update the OP

Honestly Bailly will be a huge blow for us, he bossed last night and we collapsed when he got sent off

Ajax's chances legit go up 20% now that Bailly is out, Smalling and Jones are both clowns and haven't had much gametime this season, Ajax 100% will score, if they score first we will struggle to come from behind as we've done all season long

I'm also interested on if Mourinho will start De Gea over Romero. Romero is a very good GK but De Gea is far better, yet Romero has been the one who has taken us to the final, would be a kick in the teeth if he is benched, I do think we should be using our strongest available team though.

@S wrote:

Juve, Madrid, United, Ajax. The last 4 remaining teams in Europe. This feels like a throwback to the 90s.

what a time to be alive
avatar
Firenze
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 18583
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: EL Final 16/17: Manchester United vs Ajax

Post by footyfan01 on Fri May 12, 2017 5:26 pm

@zigra wrote:
@footyfan01 wrote:Yo Zigra, Come on we will win this!

I hope Bosz's starts Tete, it is vital, he will make whatever LW United puts his bit*h, best defensive RB I have seen in quite a while. The team is good, it is young, the CB's - Sanchez & De Ligt are 20 & 17 respectively.

I also don't want the head-less chicken Traore to start, it should Kluivert or Neres.

This is a golden Ajax generation & selling Klaassen this summer will only make it better when Frankie De Jong, Nouri, Eiting come into the mid-field & get more chances !

Ajax has got a really good chance to win - Let's go Ajax !


Yeah we will do this. United won't stop us. Broken team managed by a coward.

I also hope Tete plays over Veltman. He's a liability. He always was and while he had a few good months he recently showed he still can't be trusted.. but I'm not sure Bosz sees it the same. If he plays he might even have a good game tbf, it's just 50-50 that he *bleep* it up completely.

Traore is capable of great performances. Problem is he's equally capable of being completely useless. But I'm sure he will play and in a final I hope he will go all out.

It's time to teach @Firenze a lesson. You don't @me like that without payback.


Tete/Veltman is the only real choice as Viergever is carded so we will probably have Riedewald at LB (Sinkgraven is still injured I think). Traore is okay but I think Neres has the highest ceiling of all the wingers, a really talented young gem, he could explode next season - Younes in comparison is a kind of a headless chicken with average decision making infront of goal.

I am literally waiting for Klaassen to leave for 25-30M next season as he slows the pace down & is weak on the ball. Van De Beek-Nouri/De Jong-Ziyech is a much faster mid-field who will play sexy football not the type which Klaassen drags to.

Schone is also a 60 minute player - Van De Beek will probably be subbed in! Pogba-Herrera will probably boss the midfield.

Anyways, Bailly isn't a big deal. Sanchez is 20 & De Ligt is 17! Smalling & Jones are way more experienced !

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 593
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: EL Final 16/17: Manchester United vs Ajax

Post by B-Mac on Fri May 12, 2017 9:31 pm

@Firenze wrote:@Zigra post your expected lineup for the match so I can update the OP

Honestly Bailly will be a huge blow for us, he bossed last night and we collapsed when he got sent off

Ajax's chances legit go up 20% now that Bailly is out, Smalling and Jones are both clowns and haven't had much gametime this season, Ajax 100% will score, if they score first we will struggle to come from behind as we've done all season long

I'm also interested on if Mourinho will start De Gea over Romero. Romero is a very good GK but De Gea is far better, yet Romero has been the one who has taken us to the final, would be a kick in the teeth if he is benched, I do think we should be using our strongest available team though.

@S wrote:

Juve, Madrid, United, Ajax. The last 4 remaining teams in Europe. This feels like a throwback to the 90s.

what a time to be alive


CL is on the line, play De Gea imo...not time to be making our back up goalie feel special
avatar
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 8751
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: EL Final 16/17: Manchester United vs Ajax

Post by zigra on Sat May 13, 2017 3:46 pm

@Firenze wrote:@Zigra post your expected lineup for the match so I can update the OP


Still not sure if Sinkgraven will be back for the final which would shift the players around for a bit but I think you can add him to the injured list.

Onana
Veltman - Sánchez - Riedewald - de Ligt
Klaassen - Schöne - Ziyech
Traore - Dolberg - Younes


Schöne and especially Veltman might actually end up on the bench but at the moment that's just what the fans want and I haven't read anything from Bosz that would make me think they won't start so I kept them in the team.
avatar
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax
Posts : 2835
Join date : 2013-08-15
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: EL Final 16/17: Manchester United vs Ajax

Post by zigra on Sat May 13, 2017 3:54 pm

@footyfan01 wrote:
@zigra wrote:
@footyfan01 wrote:Yo Zigra, Come on we will win this!

I hope Bosz's starts Tete, it is vital, he will make whatever LW United puts his bit*h, best defensive RB I have seen in quite a while. The team is good, it is young, the CB's - Sanchez & De Ligt are 20 & 17 respectively.

I also don't want the head-less chicken Traore to start, it should Kluivert or Neres.

This is a golden Ajax generation & selling Klaassen this summer will only make it better when Frankie De Jong, Nouri, Eiting come into the mid-field & get more chances !

Ajax has got a really good chance to win - Let's go Ajax !


Yeah we will do this. United won't stop us. Broken team managed by a coward.

I also hope Tete plays over Veltman. He's a liability. He always was and while he had a few good months he recently showed he still can't be trusted.. but I'm not sure Bosz sees it the same. If he plays he might even have a good game tbf, it's just 50-50 that he *bleep* it up completely.

Traore is capable of great performances. Problem is he's equally capable of being completely useless. But I'm sure he will play and in a final I hope he will go all out.

It's time to teach @Firenze a lesson. You don't @me like that without payback.


Tete/Veltman is the only real choice as Viergever is carded so we will probably have Riedewald at LB (Sinkgraven is still injured I think). Traore is okay but I think Neres has the highest ceiling of all the wingers, a really talented young gem, he could explode next season - Younes in comparison is a kind of a headless chicken with average decision making infront of goal.

I am literally waiting for Klaassen to leave for 25-30M next season as he slows the pace down & is weak on the ball. Van De Beek-Nouri/De Jong-Ziyech is a much faster mid-field who will play sexy football not the type which Klaassen drags to.

Schone is also a 60 minute player - Van De Beek will probably be subbed in! Pogba-Herrera will probably boss the midfield.

Anyways, Bailly isn't a big deal. Sanchez is 20 & De Ligt is 17! Smalling & Jones are way more experienced !


I hope we play Tete over Veltman but at the moment I don't really see that happening. We might learn more tomorrow but I'm not confident about it. I actually think Riedewald will play lcb and de Ligt will play left back as we've seen before but that's hard to predict. Again we might learn more tomorrow.. attack is pretty much set though. Neres and Kluivert have amazing potential but Bosz has shown that the starting front three isn't really up for discussion. Neres won't start unless there are injuries. Agree with you that next season could easily be his.
Younes and Traore are somewhat similar. They have lots of natural skill and look great till the last moment, then screw it up. Both lack a good final pass and both are bad at finishing (Traore is a bit better but that's just because Younes is worse than anything I've seen).

I actually hope van de Beek will replace Schöne. Schöne has regressed over the last months and the last weeks he played poor.
avatar
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax
Posts : 2835
Join date : 2013-08-15
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: EL Final 16/17: Manchester United vs Ajax

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Sat May 13, 2017 4:10 pm

3-2 Ajax

Will be 3-1 up until the 80th or so minute, United will pull one back and pump Fellaini & the lads forward hoping for some luck. They will not get it.

Bet on it. This one has Big Toms certificate of guaranteed accuracy.

_________________




Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.


:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
avatar
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 25619
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 76

Back to top Go down

Re: EL Final 16/17: Manchester United vs Ajax

Post by footyfan01 on Sat May 13, 2017 5:52 pm

@zigra wrote:
@footyfan01 wrote:
@zigra wrote:

Yeah we will do this. United won't stop us. Broken team managed by a coward.

I also hope Tete plays over Veltman. He's a liability. He always was and while he had a few good months he recently showed he still can't be trusted.. but I'm not sure Bosz  sees it the same. If he plays he might even have a good game tbf, it's just 50-50 that he *bleep* it up completely.

Traore is capable of great performances. Problem is he's equally capable of being completely useless. But I'm sure he will play and in a final I hope he will go all out.

It's time to teach @Firenze a lesson. You don't @me like that without payback.


Tete/Veltman is the only real choice as Viergever is carded so we will probably have Riedewald at LB (Sinkgraven is still injured I think). Traore is okay but I think Neres has the highest ceiling of all the wingers, a really talented young gem, he could explode next season - Younes in comparison is a kind of a headless chicken with average decision making infront of goal.

I am literally waiting for Klaassen to leave for 25-30M next season as he slows the pace down & is weak on the ball. Van De Beek-Nouri/De Jong-Ziyech is a much faster mid-field who will play sexy football not the type which Klaassen drags to.

Schone is also a 60 minute player - Van De Beek will probably be subbed in! Pogba-Herrera will probably boss the midfield.

Anyways, Bailly isn't a big deal. Sanchez is 20 & De Ligt is 17! Smalling & Jones are way more experienced !


I hope we play Tete over Veltman but at the moment I don't really see that happening. We might learn more tomorrow but I'm not confident about it. I actually think Riedewald will play lcb and de Ligt will play left back as we've seen before but that's hard to predict. Again we might learn more tomorrow.. attack is pretty much set though. Neres and Kluivert have amazing potential but Bosz has shown that the starting front three isn't really up for discussion. Neres won't start unless there are injuries. Agree with you that next season could easily be his.
Younes and Traore are somewhat similar. They have lots of natural skill and look great till the last moment, then screw it up. Both lack a good final pass and both are bad at finishing (Traore is a bit better but that's just because Younes is worse than anything I've seen).

I actually hope van de Beek will replace Schöne. Schöne has regressed over the last months and the last weeks he played poor.


De Ligt is right footed & Riedewald left footed who has played LB & DM b4 (while De Ligt, 17 is an outright CB). I think it will be - Veltman, Sanchez, De Ligt, Riedewald !

I agree with you in everything what you said. But it an absolute shame Tete is going for free this season (contract not extended, he barely got games & didn't want to stay). The guy got 20-30 minutes last game & made into EL Team of the Week - Such a safe reassuring RB & would have shut down that side.

Schone started off well & has fallen, probably shouldn't be a starter next season. Even Viergever was really good & provided some experience to Sanchez & De Ligt but he had a crappy game vs Lyon (carded) & I think he will find it hard to start next season considering Ajax will probably buy a LB with some of the Klaassen money.

I think Frankie De Jong will be the long term #6 or maybe Eiting since Beek is going forward & will probably be a CM (He played DM in the youth tournaments).

I still think the defense of Sanchez- De Ligt - Riedewald with so less experience will find it tough to hold Man U but I am hopeful of a win (a final after so many years & a potential CHL spot ! )

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 593
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

Re: EL Final 16/17: Manchester United vs Ajax

Post by Glory on Sat May 13, 2017 6:30 pm

@B-Mac wrote:
@Firenze wrote:@Zigra post your expected lineup for the match so I can update the OP

Honestly Bailly will be a huge blow for us, he bossed last night and we collapsed when he got sent off

Ajax's chances legit go up 20% now that Bailly is out, Smalling and Jones are both clowns and haven't had much gametime this season, Ajax 100% will score, if they score first we will struggle to come from behind as we've done all season long

I'm also interested on if Mourinho will start De Gea over Romero. Romero is a very good GK but De Gea is far better, yet Romero has been the one who has taken us to the final, would be a kick in the teeth if he is benched, I do think we should be using our strongest available team though.

@S wrote:

Juve, Madrid, United, Ajax. The last 4 remaining teams in Europe. This feels like a throwback to the 90s.

what a time to be alive


CL is on the line, play De Gea imo...not time to be making our back up goalie feel special


Romero is starting. Mourinho confirmed it. Rolling Eyes
Romero's record in cup finals lately. pale
avatar
Glory
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 4917
Join date : 2013-07-18
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: EL Final 16/17: Manchester United vs Ajax

Post by Firenze on Sat May 20, 2017 2:12 pm

@Glory wrote:
@B-Mac wrote:
@Firenze wrote:@Zigra post your expected lineup for the match so I can update the OP

Honestly Bailly will be a huge blow for us, he bossed last night and we collapsed when he got sent off

Ajax's chances legit go up 20% now that Bailly is out, Smalling and Jones are both clowns and haven't had much gametime this season, Ajax 100% will score, if they score first we will struggle to come from behind as we've done all season long

I'm also interested on if Mourinho will start De Gea over Romero. Romero is a very good GK but De Gea is far better, yet Romero has been the one who has taken us to the final, would be a kick in the teeth if he is benched, I do think we should be using our strongest available team though.



what a time to be alive


CL is on the line, play De Gea imo...not time to be making our back up goalie feel special
 

Romero is starting. Mourinho confirmed it. Rolling Eyes
Romero's record in cup finals lately. pale


really? I'm surprised if that's the case..Mourinho usually doesn't care about a player's personal feelings

he probably deserves it, tbh Romero shouldn't be the difference in this match..we should comfortably win it regardless, but I do think Ajax will give us a good game, be surprised if they park against us like a lot of the other 'smaller' teams have done this season, we have only looked shite when trying to break down sides

that said not confident in Jones - Smalldini at all

@Zigra, any more team news with the clash fast approaching?

I'm thinking we line up something like

Romero
Valencia Smalling Jones Darmian
Fellaini
Pogba - Herrera
Mkhi Rashford Martial

though wouldn't be surprised to see that donkey Lingard starting
avatar
Firenze
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 18583
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: EL Final 16/17: Manchester United vs Ajax

Post by Unique on Sat May 20, 2017 2:22 pm

fellaini Laughing

_________________
avatar
Unique
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 7896
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 42

Back to top Go down

Re: EL Final 16/17: Manchester United vs Ajax

Post by Firenze on Sat May 20, 2017 2:23 pm

Fellaini's won more trophies this season than Loserpool have in the last decade

avatar
Firenze
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 18583
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: EL Final 16/17: Manchester United vs Ajax

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum