BarrileteCosmico
22 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ernesto Valverde - Page 4 Empty Re: Ernesto Valverde

Post by The Franchise Mon May 21, 2018 7:21 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:dani, really enjoyed reading that post.

I think Valverde, while not overly impressive to me, has done enough to deserve another year. Firing him now would be a case of being too trigger happy. Besides I can almost bet he is staying. The way he talks and the way the club talk about him suggests no imminent change at all. Like you I also think it will probably be his last season. He will have to step up on multiple counts to get a third season which I don't think he has in him though for the sake of Barca I hope I am wrong.

As for next season's team I do not completely support the obsession with Griezmann. I think we need a regista above all, someone who can help us hold on to the ball and build up better. Not even looking for the next Xavi or Iniesta since they frankly do not exist but a good player who can play that kind of role well is needed. We need to choose carefully and would do well to look back at how well we had done in signing Rakitic at the right time.

Intresting. A regista? Like who? I can only think of maybe a handful and all of whom would clash with Busquets, unless you mean something different?

Maybe not so much in terms of playing position but in playing style. Someone who can hold on to the ball. We cannot have Gomes or Paulinho play for us in UCL knockouts or Classicos. Coutinho and Dembele on either wing will be too aggressive. Busquets is great and Rakitic has done an impressive job for us right since his signing but we need more. We need at least one more player in the center to calm things down. At one time I had pinpointed Ilkay Gundogan and later Marco Verratti. Neither is at the level they were then. At this point in time I cannot zero in on a definite name. Best would be a shrewd signing like Rakitic was in 2014.

I understand, a better overall midfield ball player. Someone with the technique, composure, pass choice and intelligence. I think the squad badly needs it too, especially after clearing dead wood like Gomes.

You mentioned Jorginho in another post and I like him aswell as Paredes now at Zenit.

But with Arthur, Alena promotion and the current dead wood we have I wont hold my breath on it happening. Realistically we need 2 new defenders (but like every year we will rejoice if we get just one good one) and Greizmann is very likely coming...so I cant see us getting a midfielder too.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 21, 2018 11:52 pm

what the *bleep* dani. When did you come back???
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri May 25, 2018 9:43 pm

The Franchise wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Intresting. A regista? Like who? I can only think of maybe a handful and all of whom would clash with Busquets, unless you mean something different?

Maybe not so much in terms of playing position but in playing style. Someone who can hold on to the ball. We cannot have Gomes or Paulinho play for us in UCL knockouts or Classicos. Coutinho and Dembele on either wing will be too aggressive. Busquets is great and Rakitic has done an impressive job for us right since his signing but we need more. We need at least one more player in the center to calm things down. At one time I had pinpointed Ilkay Gundogan and later Marco Verratti. Neither is at the level they were then. At this point in time I cannot zero in on a definite name. Best would be a shrewd signing like Rakitic was in 2014.

I understand, a better overall midfield ball player. Someone with the technique, composure,  pass choice and intelligence. I think the squad badly needs it too, especially after clearing dead wood like Gomes.

You mentioned Jorginho in another post and I like him aswell as Paredes now at Zenit.

But with Arthur, Alena promotion and the current dead wood we have I wont hold my breath on it happening. Realistically we need 2 new defenders (but like every year we will rejoice if we get just one good one) and Greizmann is very likely coming...so I cant see us getting a midfielder too.

Summed it up very well.

I still feel the disappointment of signing Gomes. We out of the blue suddenly signed a player who had performed poorly at Euro 2016 and for whom there were no reports linking with us. He is a decent guy who I can empathize with but he just does not belong at Barcelona. He should go somewhere else with our best wishes but he should certainly go somewhere else.

There are some rumors about Thiago coming back.

If Paredes is that good how come he did not make it into Argentina's world cup squad for 2018?

Even Arthur did not make it to Brazil's world cup squad for 2018. Maybe he is too young but I hope we are banking on the right players.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:46 pm

The topic of Valverde will also be discussed at the meeting. The coach has an option to extend his contract with another season and that's what Barça would like to happen. However, it will solely be Valverde's decision and the club are preparing for what may come. [md]
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:34 am

No problems with him extending, there are no better coaches out there who are also available.

There is Ten Hag who is supposed to be promising based on 2 knockout results and some Tata Mk2 from Argentina. Or Koeman. If those are the options, Valverde should stay definitely.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:20 am

Bartomeu said doors are open for Guardiola and its up to him. Anything can happen in the hot summer of 2020 imo
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:45 pm

Would Pep really work for Bart though? He was a Rosell yes man
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:31 pm

I agree that there is no one available who is better. No one can get us to play modern football with the players we have. Just the honest truth. Valverde should stay.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:40 pm

No better coaches than Valverde. I know Pochettino is available, Allegri is available etc. but they are not better than Valverde. Absolutely not, cause you read it here. Understood?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:14 am

They aren't.

Now move along.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:00 pm

Ernesto Valverde - Page 4 Giphy
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:12 pm

Definitelty out after this seeason if not sooner.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:13 pm

futbol wrote:They aren't.

Now move along.
imagine thinking he's no better than allegri

if we're going to play bad football anyways might as well get an elite tactician
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:36 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Now move along.

if we're going to play bad football anyways might as well get an elite tactician

Allegri is a good coach but nothing more than a sidestep. His football is so defensive he even set up defensively against Atletico. Laughing Also he hasn't really won anything of note other than Serie A with Juventus.

What makes you believe Allegri at Barca will magically make Barca win the CL? In recent years in Europe he lost 1-4 to Madrid and got badly outplayed by Ajax with a team that knows better how to defend and play his style than Barca.

Problem does not lie with the coach, problem is the expectations of the fanbase. 90 % have started watching from 2006 onwards so they are only used to glory with some sluggish off years here and there. We're talking about a fanbase that wanted Lucho out even though he won the treble and played the top 2 most entertaining football in Barca history. "Boohoo, our midfield is not as dominant as in 2010 at its absolute peak."

Team actually plays and wins stuff according to its potential. This team is not a treble or CL side with Roberto and Alba as sidebacks, Busquets in the middle, 21 year old De Jong, 2 oldish strikers and Pique holding the defense together. Without Messi and Suarez I would struggle to name Barca a top 7 squad in Europe. Open your eyes.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:04 am

I don't want Allegri. Honestly if were to sack EV today, which we should, I would be ok with a smaller name/big game reward type of guy just because with this group of players I don't believe we can realistically win the big cup anyway and I think most managers can get this group of guys to win the league. The problem is getting these guys over the hump, and lets face it we are slow and old, we even made Morata look fast. So whoever takes over this job will be accepting a team that's old and will be in transition and having to deal with an aging Messi. So fuck it, why not just promote Pimienta. Let him have it, and sell Vidal or Rakitic or both this winter, and Suarez in the summer. Pique, Busqs and Alba should also be on the way out and same with Semedo and Sergi. That's a ton of required changes that are all issues in themselves beyond the bad coach.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:47 am

I have said this many times that Allegri on a tactical level is an elite coach, that is undeniable but he will not suit Barça and just is not the right man for the job.

Like Valverde, a tactician first is not the answer but more an idealist be it ten Hag or Cocu to the well-timed return of Pep himself.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:00 pm

What do u guys think of Xavi? Would it be too soon? I last heard the news he was managing in Qatar or whereever hes been? Razz Didnt appear that well. But seeing recent former players like Lampard doing pretty well at Chelsea makes me wonder. There have been disasters of course like Henry lol, but I just no idea what it takes and how long and how much experience one should take before being ready to manager a top club....
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:30 am

futbol wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Now move along.

Allegri is a good coach but nothing more than a sidestep. His football is so defensive he even set up defensively against Atletico. Laughing Also he hasn't really won anything of note other than Serie A with Juventus.

What makes you believe Allegri at Barca will magically make Barca win the CL? In recent years in Europe he lost 1-4 to Madrid and got badly outplayed by Ajax with a team that knows better how to defend and play his style than Barca.

Problem does not lie with the coach, problem is the expectations of the fanbase. 90 % have started watching from 2006 onwards so they are only used to glory with some sluggish off years here and there. We're talking about a fanbase that wanted Lucho out even though he won the treble and played the top 2 most entertaining football in Barca history. "Boohoo, our midfield is not as dominant as in 2010 at its absolute peak."

Team actually plays and wins stuff according to its potential. This team is not a treble or CL side with Roberto and Alba as sidebacks, Busquets in the middle, 21 year old De Jong, 2 oldish strikers and Pique holding the defense together. Without Messi and Suarez I would struggle to name Barca a top 7 squad in Europe. Open your eyes.

Who in this entire thread has said anything about winning the CL with another coach?

Allegri might not get us a CL, but you can be sure that if we blow a 3-0 lead after him the team won't repeat it again next season
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:32 am

Xavi is strongly being rumored now.

Not sure what to make of it. On the one hand, I do want him to eventually take a stab at coaching us. He is a club legend, is a Cruyffist through and through, has a keen tactical mind, strong personality and all the makings of a potential good coach.

On the other hand, he is very green. Would want him to go the Arteta route. Work under Pep for a year, learn the ropes and then take the gig. Right now, he would just be a pawn. Our team is old and we are not winning major cups or playing attractively with Messi, Busquets and Pique as our spine. Compare Liverpool who played against Tottenham today to us. They ran non-stop and pressed like crazy. Cant expect us to win or dominate playing Cruyff football if we dont do the same. And that's the reason why we have stopped winning in Europe 9despite having a very talented squad) and the drop off in league performances. We struggle to dominate La Liga scrubs and thats because teams outwork us through a modern pressing game.

Xavi won't change that with Messi leading the charge. Having said that, we need a clearout of the old guard like when Pep came. Messi, Suarez, Vidal, Busquets, Rakitic and Pique all need to be sold. And Xavi is the only legend who has the necessary stature to effect such a massive clearout.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:12 am

Xavi strikes me as someone who will hold on to the likes of Busquets until they are 40 as he sees once in a lifetime quality in them which only needs to be unleashed properly. Especially Busquets, I'm afraid, he will have a soft spot for since he always saw him as an underrated genius. There is no way he comes and gets rid of his old pals.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:06 pm

Come to think of it Xavi wouldnt be good at this tough period of time for us. Better for him to gain more experience before he joins us. As many said I fear hes too naive and only knows to play the Barca way probably isnt good enough in today's game where many teams are becoming even better in their other styles - Liverpool, the new Real under Zidane, Man C, etc., we do need to employ someone who can evolve with time and the game.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:20 pm

So apparently we have fired Valverde and going after Setien

WTF

who fires the coach mid-season without someone already lined up? Arsenal-level management
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:20 am

I'm glad VV is out. I prefer loosing Betis (setien) style than drawing or loosing VV style.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:21 am

We weren't really losing though, we're 1st in the league

I agree I'm happy EV is out, but I was hoping for an upgrade. Not like this...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:34 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:We weren't really losing though, we're 1st in the league

I agree I'm happy EV is out, but I was hoping for an upgrade. Not like this...

We were lucky and we had Ter Stegen and Messi to make sure we do not loose!

EDIT: I like your avatar! He was such a presence in the field!
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:46 am

He is gone. Not sure how to feel about this. Dont think Setien is an upgrade in any way. He won't get us playing attractive football with the players we have. Should have just kept Valverde through the end of the season and evaluated options in the summer.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next