Doc
Claudio84
futbol_bill
Mr Nick09
sportsczy
22 posters

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

2017/2018 - Real Madrid Offseason Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: 2017/2018 - Real Madrid Offseason Discussion

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:39 am

Pre season or not, i have no faith in these 4 CBs we are go into a season with

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

2017/2018 - Real Madrid Offseason Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: 2017/2018 - Real Madrid Offseason Discussion

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:45 am

I see we're still not caring for results. Very brave of Zidane considering it's Barcelona. Well it matters not...

What I am concerned of however is Bale. I shouldn't take anything from preseason but Bale's movements or lack of them disturb me. His speed is supposed to be put to use and yet he is lazy. Most people take the opportunity of preseason to earn their place on the team. Bale should be very aware that Isco, Asensio, and maybe M'bappe (if he arrives) can very easily displace him. I think I need to see more effort from him. Bale speaks that he wants to succeed here yet I see the very opposite in action.

I feared complacency would be the first time to come up with the team considering our recent success. but I didn't expect it to be this bad...

Know this, this upcoming season our greatest opponents is not barcelona or any worthless team in europe. we're our own worst enemy. The golden age also comes with it's negatives. the success may have gotten to some of our players heads and render them complacent.

Hopefully Zidane handles that before the season starts.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:10 am

Phew, our CBS are quite something aren't they. Varane and Ramos give no confidence whatsoever and Nacho and Vallejo play exactly like back ups. I'm really hoping, though, that is all just pre-season rust that seems to not wanna come off.

Again, this club would be clinically insane and hilariously stupid if they go into another hard season with just Bale and Benzema. One is useless and the other has seen better days (at the age of 29 apparently).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:16 am

i would actually be happy if we sign a center back as opposed to a RB and let Nacho play on the right when carvajal goes down

i always said this club underrates experience CB, it's vital. whenever ramos was out, Pepe would lead either of Varane or Nacho and it would be fine.

Varane or Nacho are not leaders, they still can't lead the line at the back. Sometimes even having players like Otamendi who are not the best but can lead is more valuable than the best youngster.

I dont like what i see, and it's not like i did not talk about this before
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:20 am

Vallejo is so soft for a CB though, like I feel Tom could rough him up on the field far less for hardened strikers in La Liga. Not to mention in Europe. Never liked that the club let go Pepe the way they did, he was very much still World Class but whatever.

Bale though. Jesus. Like he really is seeing the signs and just not feeling to play.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:24 am

Good God our defending :facepalm: it makes you so depressed comparing Barca's front 3 to ours. 150mill spent on BB and you get Bale who is now slowet than Benz and Benz who aint even a striker. I would draw a straw on who to sdll betwden BB couldn't care less at this rate. Neither can lead us post Ronaldo. Thirf game in a row our strikers haven't scored in.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:27 am

Neymar was literally dancing around Casemiro and Carvajal, was hella lovely if not damn annoying. Switch to Bale and he can't out run the linesman. Not out dribble or out think but out run because that is his only supposed great strength.

Damn I hate bad writing a player during pre-season, really hate to do it but I cannot hide my frustration.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:28 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:i would actually be happy if we sign a center back as opposed to a RB and let Nacho play on the right when carvajal goes down

i always said this club underrates experience CB, it's vital. whenever ramos was out, Pepe would lead either of Varane or Nacho and it would be fine.

Varane or Nacho are not leaders, they still can't lead the line at the back. Sometimes even having players like Otamendi who are not the best but can lead is more valuable than the best youngster.

I dont like what i see, and it's not like i did not talk about this before

No you haven't unless I missed it.

Then again, I'll repeat it. Preseason punk.
We gonna see the worst before we gonna see better and these clowns have 2-3 games of fitness ahead of us.

We still need to work out a few things before we really should start worrying.

Though my prime concern is Bale atm. Does he not feel the pressure? Isco or Asensio will bench him again at this rate. this is preseason but... I'm actually nervous about bale.

Benz being abandoned by Bale is not something I take well. Benz tries and bale... meh maybe you lot are mistaking Benz for Bale. There is only one useless sod this preseason and his name is Bale.

Benz has nothing to prove. Bale lost his place last season and needs to show something or we really gonna be in trouble should CR7 or Benz get hurt. M'bappe cannot come soon enough...

Last edited by Turok_TTZ on Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:29 am

Oh and don't get me started on our CBs. Ramos is the only tough defender we've got left. Look at the second goal Varane just backing off, Pepe would put a stud in him so deep tarry blood would sedp out and Vallejo is just Varane 2.0. Also none of our attackers can run at defenders. Only Isco and Ceballos were dribbling the rest just passed it to the next guy. Love him or hate him but Ronaldo is thd only one of our attackers that tries step overs and to beat his man much as that frustrates us
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:32 am

the second goal hala...it's hard to defend neymar in that type of situation, you have to contain him until you get help

but yes, there is a problem with the CBs, and we need to sign someone in my opinion. get mbappe in, bale out, and another winger with wheels in just saying...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:35 am

Can we even get bale out at this point? Poor performances, poor fitness record. Poor everything! We'd probably only sell him on a nasty discount like james...

Wtf happened to Bale? has the golden age's negatives taken him? is he the first victim?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:37 am

Mourinho want to sign him but Bale has it in his mind to stay. we basically have to tell him he is not part of our plans for him to leave, but i dont see zidane doing that...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:43 am

Hopefully we don't look like this in the european super cup.

edit: just checked our schedule, wtf thats it? preseason already over? only 3 friendlies? SHIT!

Then again it's only mourinho. Destroying his poverty team will be a breeze... Once everyone in our first team decides to wake up for the occasion.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:52 am

We've got another game left agaist some MLS team

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:56 am

halamadrid2 wrote:We've got another game left agaist some MLS team

We do?

Excellent! bet we gonna bottle that one too SHIT!!
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:59 am

MLS All Star team to be exact.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:01 am

can we play real madrid bench all star vs mls all star too?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:01 am

You need to forget that 'this is just preseason' thing and be realistic. I think Barca has played the same number of preseason games with us, maybe man city has one more than us. Look at d first, second and third games of the other top teams, no team has taken this long to get going.
Our players look so disinterested, the golden age has eaten their drive.

Conclusions
1 Bale needs to go so the more talented 3.5 million euros player can develop
2 Benzema is still shit, we need Mbappe
3 We need a world class CB, pepe didn't need to go
4 We need Mbappe and prolly on more hungry world class forward
5 We must not sell Kovacic
6 Vallejo looks and plays like a teddy bear.
7 We almost forgot how good barca is
8 I hope Neymar goes cos he looks like he could be our main problem this season
9 this team would not wake up until they lose one or both of d super cups and realize they can lose it all.
10 one to nine

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:33 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:Benz has nothing to prove. Bale lost his place last season and needs to show something or we really gonna be in trouble should CR7 or Benz get hurt. M'bappe cannot come soon enough...

I guess I'll have to get used to the fact that we have a Chad 2.0 here.

Benzema has nothing to prove and we're going to be in trouble should he get hurt
Spoiler:
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:07 am

He forgot to add "to Zidane" because then that makes that statement true.

For once this season rhe back up striker to Benz is actually worse than him. Zidane must be over the moon, not havinf to explain after every game why Benz who seems to be in permanent drought starts over the striker who always scores

Both BBs have been riding on Ronaldo's coattail since they came to our club. Bale stepped up for a bit but I fear his long term injury has rendered him useless, he is getting outmuscled and outran by every single defender he's faced this preseason and can't dribble past a traffic cone. He might be a pos but I'd rather pay 200 for proven Neymar than 180mill for unproven Mbappe.

I expect our defence to step up come the start of the season, Ramos will hopefully get his fitness back and Carvajal/Marcelo will get their shit together. There is also Theo to keep Marcelo on his toes.

Kovacic as much as I love him needs to be more aware of his surrounding when defending, he lets people run straight through our midfield way too easily. Kroos is very important in that respect, he is great at covering for defenders and is always at the right place

I feel there is no point playing Lucas if there's no Ronaldo or Morata because his biggest asset is his crossing. The last 2 games he's been crossing there's been noone in the box to attack the crosses so it renders his contribution effectively useless because he doesn't contribute with goals

I am going to enjoy our b team so much next season, the u21 players have come back with a bang, add to that Isco, Theo and a proper striker not this "i am allergic to the box" Mayoral and we'll pummel every team that we face. These guys know how to give and go and aren't standing around waiting for the ball to get to them

I was comparing Barca's build up to ours, everytime Neymar and Messi had the ball it felt like they had 20 players on the pitch because there were Barca players everywhere they could pass to. In contrast when Asensio/Bale had the ball therr weren't any white shirts in the vicinity, add to that Bale can't dribble past a traffic cone and you get what you saw from us yesterday

When the B team came in we too had plenty of passing options but not a good striker. I fear we are asking too much of our midfielders, we are basically asking them to do everything from defending, build up and scoring. Rakitic pops up once in the 90hrs to score after being fed by Messi on the edgr of the box without anyone tracking his run. In contrast Modric tries to play crosses, tries to feed the strikers, tries to recover the ball, tries to control the midfield and yet still we rely on him or our other midfielders to score because our attack is soo unreliable.

Before too long Asensio is going to surpass Bale making him history, one is a kid we bought for like 1mill whereas the other is a supposed galactico we bought for 100mill. I'd rather we rely on these guys we buy for peanuts who end up always delivering for us as opposed to these galacticos we have a habit of buying and who have a habit of not delivering. Ronaldo is the only big money player that's been worth the money. The rest have all been bust

I hope we play this against the all stars:

Navas
Carvajal-Varane-Ramos-Marcelo
Ceballos-Casemiro-Kroos
Isco
Asensio-Bale

BB offer us no goals anyways so we might as well try to rely on Asensio lol
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:39 am

If the club is really content with having Benzema as their main CF and Mayoral as his back-up, then every and each one of them should be tried for treason.

I was really upset when they let Pepe go and replaced him with a far less aggressive and efficient Vallejo, paving the way to Varane for an undeserved starting role. That was the first downgrade we made this summer.

But now they've sold Morata who was miles better than Benzema last season, and didn't replace him with anybody, again paving the way for Benzema to a starting position that couldn't be more undeserved.

Honest to god, I have never seen a player who wore the white of Madrid get so much free pass in my lifetime.

I guess I never gave Ronaldo the credit he truly deserves. Messi has Neymar and Suarez while he has nobody. Just look at how horrendous we've become without him. Just look how terrible and useless Benzema and Bale have been during this preseason without Ronaldo to ride on his back.

Just sell them for god's sake, they're useless. And please, oh please, sell that joke for a CF first because I don't think I have the stomach to endure another season of him.

oh and congratulations on finishing last in the ICC, eighth of eight. Disgraceful even if it's a friendly tournament.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:00 pm

I don't understand why are u all crying after Pepe, he didn't even play last season
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:22 pm

I didn't forget squat hala. I also need to remind you that we're going to renew him soon. (Not sure if that's the best idea, giving a new contract to Benz when he just had the 2nd worst season of his Madrid career personally as a forward. A new contract will give Benz the wrong ideas...)

What part of he has nothing to prove didn't you understand? But first...

Hold up a second...

...M'bappe's unproven? Laughing

Good grief have you not payed attention to last season?

Granted he's been around for a very short period of time. Butt he things he's accomplished at his age is obscene.

Very few has scored 26 goals in all comps at senior level, 6 in the cl which is the highest standard at his bloody age of 18.  20 goals in all comps excluding friendlies in a single season is the minimum requirement to be considered an elite forward. There should be no question of his legitimacy. Especially when he showed up in the cl where we separate the contenders from the pretenders.

Consistency is another question but his ability is not. The stats back up his legitimacy or at the very least confirm he deserves the benefit of the doubt. He has the skill set and the physical abilities that we require. He also has big game experience and a positive attitude.

How exactly is he unproven? The short career? I care more for the variables. Proven cl experience and he helped Monaco to a league title. Yiss hala, m'bappe is a league champion. Monaco are the current reigning ligue 1 champions.

So I am really curious... How is m'bappe unproven again?
You have unrealistic delusions on who's proven and who's not. Maybe consistency is the term you're looking for? He is young sure but I see only great things. If he can do all that with meager Monaco, imagine what he can do with Modric, Kroos and isco backing him up.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:17 pm

whenever i have said that Lucas is average, you guys have gotten mad at me...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:28 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:whenever i have said that Lucas is average, you guys have gotten mad at me...

Of course I did. I hate when you overrate our players
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:39 pm

@Nick, he is great with players that compliment him. He won't give you goals but he'll give you nice crosses, great work rate and a good understanding with the RB. Him and Benz are not compatible because Lucas' main strength is crosses whereas Benz can't attack crosses. Lucas and Ronaldo have a great understading though. He is extremely useful when Ronaldo plays or in thr closing minutes when we send Ramos up to attack crosses
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next