The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza on Mon 5 Jun - 15:46:17

Also acting like coaching has been the difference rofl

Durant is a f'ing all time great in his prime who joined the best regular season team ever. Meanwhile the Cavs doesn't have a single player who can create his own shot and defend.

I always hated on their structure of their team. It's a bunch of has-beens and LeBron mixed with Kyrie's isolation plays.

Also mentioning injuries last year.
1. GSW first chip was just as much due to injuries and luck. I'd say more so.

2. GSW should probably not have made the finals if Draymond had gotten his rightful suspension against OKC

Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 16792
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon 5 Jun - 15:48:02

OK you are letting your hatred of KD going to Golden State get in the way now.

We saw in OKC that talent =/= good offence, they constantly get open shots that has *bleep* all to do with individual talent.

They have talent which means they can create easy shots without it but most of the time the shots they get are due to great coaching.

Also how they defend is also due to great coaching, it doesn't just magically happen.

They are basically 2014 Spurs with more explosive offensive talent, if you can't accept they are exceedingly well coached there's not much point having this conversation.

If it was just about talent, Cavs would get an easy shot everytime down as Kyrie, Love, and LeBron have enough talent to do so.

Yet they don't, you should ask yourself why that is.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 61003
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon 5 Jun - 15:51:17

Where did I say coaching has made the difference? You are being irrational at this point.

Also if you think they are not fantastically well coached, let me remind you what they were before Kerr arrived.

A first round exit to the *bleep* Clippers, it's delusional to not accept that this is part of the reason they are so good.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 61003
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza on Mon 5 Jun - 15:58:01

I have never seen more coaching instability in a team playing well in my life. They play the same no matter what happens to the coach. They had 50+ wins with Mark Jackson before Draymond became what he is now.

The shots they get due to great coaching? The shots they get are mainly due to their talent. They have 4x 40% 3pt shooters who are all quick enough to get to the basket.

Answer me this. If Steve Kerr left this season, do you think any choice of coach would keep them from winning? Coaching is so overstated in the NBA.

My hatred is not with KD it's with the league allowing this bullshit to happen. They f'ed up and they know it. No other team can possible assemble this much talent within the cap. Everything aligned perfectly for GSW and the entertainment has suffered.

You're still acting as if either Love or Kyrie is close to being at Durant or Curry's level which is quite ridiculous.

The teams had comparable talent levels last year. I'd still say the bench edged for GSW. Iggy is such a talented player who is better than anyone outside Cleveland's 3.

_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 16792
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza on Mon 5 Jun - 15:59:05

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Where did I say coaching has made the difference? You are being irrational at this point.

Also if you think they are not fantastically well coached, let me remind you what they were before Kerr arrived.

A first round exit to the *bleep* Clippers, it's delusional to not accept that this is part of the reason they are so good.


Clippers are bad now? Lol... go to sleep.

Blake Griffin was an MVP candidate and Chris Paul is a GOAT tier PG.

_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 16792
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by El Gunner on Mon 5 Jun - 16:11:06

Keep up the good fight, Mole Thumbs up

_________________
avatar
El Gunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 12122
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon 5 Jun - 16:25:47

Who said the Clippers are bad? It's just Kerr comes in and Clippers magically can't touch them.

I'm not arguing they are ridiculously talented but to deny they are not exceedingly well coached in every aspect is absolutely idiotic.

Compare their offence and how it's run and compare it to LeBron and Kyrie isos on every possession and you should see that they are obviously better coached than Cleveland is.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 61003
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza on Mon 5 Jun - 16:29:40

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Who said the Clippers are bad? It's just Kerr comes in and Clippers magically can't touch them.

I'm not arguing they are ridiculously talented but to deny they are not exceedingly well coached in every aspect is absolutely idiotic.

Compare their offence and how it's run and compare it to LeBron and Kyrie isos on every possession and you should see that they are obviously better coached than Cleveland is.


We'll just have to disagree then. I think it's more due to players getting better and not coaching. Everyone improved so much.

_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 16792
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza on Mon 5 Jun - 17:39:45

https://i.imgur.com/a3iL2cg.gif

_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 16792
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by LeSwagg James on Mon 5 Jun - 17:47:46

It's a combination of both to be honest. Kerr implemented the perfect system for that team, and then they added the snake who also fits that system perfectly.

Then you break it down and its 4 All Stars with 3 that can play D, vs 3 All Stars with only 1 that can play D.

All this started because Curry was on a cheap as shit contract. It took a ridiculous amount of good fortune, and then the biggest bitxh move in the history of sports to combat the GOAT Proud



_________________
avatar
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 6587
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon 5 Jun - 18:13:04

@LeSwagg James wrote:It's a combination of both to be honest. Kerr implemented the perfect system for that team, and then they added the snake who also fits that system perfectly.

Then you break it down and its 4 All Stars with 3 that can play D, vs 3 All Stars with only 1 that can play D.

All this started because Curry was on a cheap as shit contract. It took a ridiculous amount of good fortune, and then the biggest bitxh move in the history of sports to combat the GOAT Proud




I agree completely, although i do feel on the flip side Cleveland have done a shoddy job in terms of team building.

Like you say Kyrie and Love can't play D at all, they have leaned far too heavily on the "We have Lebron" Card.

Just because Lebron is *bleep* amazing doesn't mean you should get an entire team full of shooters who offer *bleep* all else.

As i have been saying the reason Golden State are so *bleep* good is because they run a system full of players who don't need the ball for half of the shot clock and can create for themselves.

The whole idea of this allows their role players to actually play with freedom and not just stand in the corner.

I don't know who is to really blame for how this team has been built but it clearly isn't good enough.

TL;DR Cavs have a team of specialists and against this team it's not going to work, it only worked last year because Barnes is a scrub and Kyrie massively outplayed Curry as well as Lebron being Lebron and even then it was a 7 game series.


_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 61003
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by LeSwagg James on Mon 5 Jun - 18:33:14

I think this Cavs team would beat the Warriors of last year, or with any other FA edition not named KD.

As much as I hate the guy, he's been the second best player in the league for the past 5 years or so.

_________________
avatar
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 6587
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon 5 Jun - 18:35:26

I'm not so sure tbh, i mean at the end of the day it was 3-1.

You're not going to come back and win 4-3 every year, as great as Lebron is.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 61003
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by LeSwagg James on Mon 5 Jun - 19:08:46

This team is better than last year's team.. plus they would have had the mental edge/confidence from beating then the year before..

_________________
avatar
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 6587
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Luca on Mon 5 Jun - 19:09:18

Without draymond for a couple of those games too. Less we forget that part.

Also, assuming the warriors would've kept Harrison Barnes, who is a very good player himself.

I think the most surprising to me is players like Frye, Smith and Korver being non factors. They were so good through the playoffs until this point. The cavs definitely need these dudes to chip in.

The warriors are playing this brilliantly on both sides of the ball. Their physicality really surprises me the most.

LeBron is one of the best ever, but you could see he was visibly tired in the third quarter. He can't play at this pace and dependency on both ends of the floor.
avatar
Luca
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 11506
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by CBarca on Mon 5 Jun - 19:17:28

@Freeza wrote:@Cbarca

It's not because the system is built around him. It's because the other team has way more talent.

GSW drafted well and got lucky with contracts. Hard to compete with a team with the greatest record of all time when they also happen to get Durant the next season.

playoffs are gonna be shit for the next four years. Can't see them losing.

GJ NBA


You're misunderstanding me. I didn't say that the reason GSW is winning is because the system is built around LeBron, I said that the team looks clueless when he's not on the court because the entire system is built for him. Unless Kyrie gets ball dominant and goes off or something.

The Warriors looking so much more dominant is simply because both teams were equally matched last year and then Warriors added Durant lol. That and Kerr is a much, much better coach. But even so, the talent deficit I think is too much for the Cavs.

_________________
Beer and guns
avatar
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk
Posts : 16293
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza on Mon 5 Jun - 19:23:56

I think the reason they look clueless is because of difference in superstars. GSW never plays lineups without either Curry or Durant. When LeBron leaves they have no superstar. That's just what happens. Kyrie is not at that level. He is a one note all star.

_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 16792
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by CBarca on Mon 5 Jun - 19:27:14

I think you're heavily downplaying

1) How good Kyrie and Love are and
2) How heavily this team is built around LeBron and
3) That there is a coaching difference and clearly Lue isn't really able to build a solid gameplan against the Warriors without LeBron out there, but again that's not all on him (see: #2)

Pretty good article about it here: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/everyones-a-role-player-when-they-play-with-lebron/

_________________
Beer and guns
avatar
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk
Posts : 16293
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza on Mon 5 Jun - 19:44:49

And I think you're overplaying systems. We tried to play like Warriors this year. But our talent is just not there. Kyrie and Love can work offensively, but when we're talking talent, defense is a part of it too. They can score but not much else.

KD and Draymond are both top 10 defenders in the league. Klay is great also. Don't know who on Cavs comes close aside from LeBron.

It's hard to make a system without the talent. There's no way any coach could make that team play well when LeBron is out of the lineup no matter what system. No one can create for others except Deron W. and he's 50

_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 16792
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by El Gunner on Tue 6 Jun - 0:35:08

Klay is a better defender than KD.
Let's be honest here, we haven't seen much of KD's defensive game before this season. So I wouldn't straight away put him in the top 10. But to his credit he has been tremendous. So much of the worry has been that we would get dominated on the boards this season, but he has completely taken that away more so than anyone else.

_________________
avatar
El Gunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 12122
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza on Tue 6 Jun - 1:10:32

@El Gunner wrote:Klay is a better defender than KD.
Let's be honest here, we haven't seen much of KD's defensive game before this season. So I wouldn't straight away put him in the top 10. But to his credit he has been tremendous. So much of the worry has been that we would get dominated on the boards this season, but he has completely taken that away more so than anyone else.


I watched 40 games of KD last season. He was that good of a defender. He killed you last year. He is so underrated because he's sooooo freaking smooth on offense that you don't he's as good as he acutally is. Also that 7'6 wingspan sure helps a lot or whatever it is.

I really don't think he's improved at all this year. He just has so much better teammates and much better spacing. He was ridiculously efficient last year even without any good shooters on his team.

I'm actually quite sad I can't cheer for him anymore. Last years playoffs were the best I've seen since Lakers won.

_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 16792
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza on Tue 6 Jun - 1:11:09

Just watched this new Kobe commercial rofl




Almost as good as this one


_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 16792
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza on Thu 8 Jun - 5:46:14

Kyrie has the IQ of a brick. Dumbest player I've seen

_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 16792
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Doc on Thu 8 Jun - 5:50:29

Not even PSG could throw away this series lead.

_________________
Gordon Strachan wrote:“We were just not good enough – has anybody ever thought about that?...Everybody goes looking for answers but sometimes you’re just shit.”
avatar
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10598
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza on Thu 8 Jun - 5:52:06

Someone explain to me how Kyrie can be so stupid. No wonder that freaking idiot thinks the world is flat. He can't even count to 24...

I'm lost for words Laughing he dribbled out a possession instead of going 2 for 1... never in my life

_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 16792
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by M99 on Thu 8 Jun - 5:59:18

Them missed 3s. Absolutely useless team.

_________________
#JUSTICE4

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
avatar
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 26385
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 95

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum