The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by M99 on Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:59 am

Them missed 3s. Absolutely useless team.

M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Posts : 26837
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:07 am

Can't wait for Summer League. More reporters at Lonzo Ball's workout today than at the Finals Molenation

Showtime is back, boys

_________________
hmm:
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 18804
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by M99 on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:12 am

What is the point of Tristian Thompson? I'm convinced he is a secret agent employed by GSW.

_________________
#JUSTICE4

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
avatar
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 26837
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 95

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:13 am

@M99 wrote:What is the point of Tristian Thompson? I'm convinced he is a secret agent employed by GSW.


Useless piece of trash that people on here believes is the same level as Igoudala

_________________
hmm:
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 18804
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Doc on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:14 am

Cavs really did a "hold my beer" moment to one up Jjuve. Defend the land not going as planned it seems.

_________________

I told you so
avatar
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11654
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Doc on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:19 am

@M99 wrote:What is the point of Tristian Thompson? I'm convinced he is a secret agent employed by GSW.

Game 1: 0 points, 8 rebounds
Game 2: 8 points, 4 rebounds
Game 3: 0 points, 3 rebounds

Incredible productivity.

_________________

I told you so
avatar
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11654
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:26 am

LeBron is a horrible GM... Amazing friend though. Getting his friends paid. Mozgov and contracts looking good compared to Thompson's

_________________
hmm:
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 18804
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by dmize on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:37 am

I love how Durants 3 was just an typical iso. The exact shot this mofo missed like 14x last year vs the Warriors. What a snake
avatar
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 6650
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by dmize on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:42 am

https://twitter.com/TheDoctorCarson/status/872634079111372800

rofl
avatar
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 6650
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by CBarca on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:53 am

Insane game from KD

Locked up finals MVP

#TeamDurant

When that three went in I actually turned my head as I could hear LeSalt screaming in anguish Sad

_________________
Beer and guns
avatar
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16728
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by LeSwagg James on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:56 am

Insane game? Dude got piggy backed until the 4th rofl

I never thought the day would come where I wish a career ending injury on a player, but that day has come

_________________
avatar
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 6587
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by M99 on Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:08 am

@LeSalt


_________________
#JUSTICE4

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
avatar
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 26837
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 95

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by LeSwagg James on Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:16 am

A steal from the dude who will never win a finals MVP Laughing

_________________
avatar
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 6587
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by CBarca on Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:22 am

@Freeza wrote:And I think you're overplaying systems. We tried to play like Warriors this year. But our talent is just not there. Kyrie and Love can work offensively, but when we're talking talent, defense is a part of it too. They can score but not much else.

KD and Draymond are both top 10 defenders in the league. Klay is great also. Don't know who on Cavs comes close aside from LeBron.

It's hard to make a system without the talent. There's no way any coach could make that team play well when LeBron is out of the lineup no matter what system. No one can create for others except Deron W. and he's 50


This is ridiculous. You're here telling me a team with Kyrie, Kevin Love, Korver, TT and JR Smith can't create shit without LeBron on the court? You've got two all stars and multiple valuable, pretty good role players there that many teams would kill to have (tbh, in addition to this, Cavs bench/role players aren't any worse than GSW's, Shumpert, Jefferson, Williams, Korver, Frye is as good as McAdoo, McGee, McCaw, Iggy, Livingston etc)

You're saying that level of talent can't do it? Even so, I'm not sure what you're saying even contradicts me. This is exactly my point. The team falls apart without LeBron because the system is built for him. LeBron built a team that can blitz its way to the NBA finals through amazing offense. Incredible shooters like Love, iso plays from Kyrie, and a host of other three point threats that can space and allow LeBron to drive and kick or drive and score. However, he didn't create a team that can work well enough defensively (in general, but especially when LBJ isn't playing) and he didn't create a team that can create for themselves as well as they should (like you admitted).

We're just seeing it two different ways. For some reason, you think a team that has the talent level of the Cavs, (which is, LBJ or not, light years ahead of the vast majority of the NBA bar a couple teams like the Spurs and GSW) isn't apparently talented enough to work without LBJ playing. I see it as inadequate team building. They don't work without LBJ playing because they're a bunch of shooters who can't create and can't defend as well as they should without LBJ on the court to be the main star and facilitator (and again, let's be honest, this is exactly what LeBron has set out to do).

That's not to say it's been a bad idea. The Cavs won a championship and it's not a bad idea to build around one of the best players of all time. Just that a side effect of that is that the team, because of the way its built, is going to suffer hard when he's not playing. The arch doesn't hold without a keystone. I don't think this is a particularly controversial statement.

Your argument is part of a line of thinking that's been annoying me recently. I'm not going to sit here and say the Warriors aren't a lot more talented than the Cavs. I've said that multiple times, look at this thread if you want to see it. However, I'm also not going to sit here like a lot of people and start talking about how LeBron doesn't have enough help or that his team isn't talented enough. I'm not sure where people are getting this. This Cavs team is pretty stacked and is easily the best team in the NBA except for what will probably go down as one of the greatest teams of all time in the Warriors. Don't the Cavs have the highest payroll in the NBA or something too? People are just making excuses, and I'm not sure why. Even if LeBron gets swept, which I think would be hilarious, I don't think it would be a big mark on his legacy.

It's fine to admit that LBJ has a stacked team and managed to lose to an even more stacked team. Let's not be pretend to be oblivious to that fact and instead say things like the team isn't talented enough beyond James.

_________________
Beer and guns
avatar
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16728
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by CBarca on Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:30 am

@LeSwagg James wrote:Insane game? Dude got piggy backed until the 4th rofl

I never thought the day would come where I wish a career ending injury on a player, but that day has come

31 points on 10-18 shooting, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, and a steal/block each. Warriors were down four and KD scores seven to put Warriors up by 3 in the span of a minute.

Oh shit, probably best just to show you



(no idea how to embed these streamable videos well but whatever, works for me)

_________________
Beer and guns
avatar
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16728
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by LeSwagg James on Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:36 am

@CBarca wrote:
@LeSwagg James wrote:Insane game? Dude got piggy backed until the 4th rofl

I never thought the day would come where I wish a career ending injury on a player, but that day has come

31 points on 10-18 shooting, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, and a steal/block each. Warriors were down four and KD scores seven to put Warriors up by 3 in the span of a minute.

Oh shit, probably best just to show you



(no idea how to embed these streamable videos well but whatever, works for me)


Klay was the star in the first half, and he didn't do shit in the third.. then shows up in the fourth

Easy to score when there's no pressure, and you have the two best shooters in the NBA flanking you Laughing

_________________
avatar
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 6587
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza on Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:06 am

@CBarca wrote:
@Freeza wrote:And I think you're overplaying systems. We tried to play like Warriors this year. But our talent is just not there. Kyrie and Love can work offensively, but when we're talking talent, defense is a part of it too. They can score but not much else.

KD and Draymond are both top 10 defenders in the league. Klay is great also. Don't know who on Cavs comes close aside from LeBron.

It's hard to make a system without the talent. There's no way any coach could make that team play well when LeBron is out of the lineup no matter what system. No one can create for others except Deron W. and he's 50


This is ridiculous. You're here telling me a team with Kyrie, Kevin Love, Korver, TT and JR Smith can't create shit without LeBron on the court? You've got two all stars and multiple valuable, pretty good role players there that many teams would kill to have (tbh, in addition to this, Cavs bench/role players aren't any worse than GSW's, Shumpert, Jefferson, Williams, Korver, Frye is as good as McAdoo, McGee, McCaw, Iggy, Livingston etc)

You're saying that level of talent can't do it? Even so, I'm not sure what you're saying even contradicts me. This is exactly my point. The team falls apart without LeBron because the system is built for him. LeBron built a team that can blitz its way to the NBA finals through amazing offense. Incredible shooters like Love, iso plays from Kyrie, and a host of other three point threats that can space and allow LeBron to drive and kick or drive and score. However, he didn't create a team that can work well enough defensively (in general, but especially when LBJ isn't playing) and he didn't create a team that can create for themselves as well as they should (like you admitted).

We're just seeing it two different ways. For some reason, you think a team that has the talent level of the Cavs, (which is, LBJ or not, light years ahead of the vast majority of the NBA bar a couple teams like the Spurs and GSW) isn't apparently talented enough to work without LBJ playing. I see it as inadequate team building. They don't work without LBJ playing because they're a bunch of shooters who can't create and can't defend as well as they should without LBJ on the court to be the main star and facilitator (and again, let's be honest, this is exactly what LeBron has set out to do).

That's not to say it's been a bad idea. The Cavs won a championship and it's not a bad idea to build around one of the best players of all time. Just that a side effect of that is that the team, because of the way its built, is going to suffer hard when he's not playing. The arch doesn't hold without a keystone. I don't think this is a particularly controversial statement.

Your argument is part of a line of thinking that's been annoying me recently. I'm not going to sit here and say the Warriors aren't a lot more talented than the Cavs. I've said that multiple times, look at this thread if you want to see it. However, I'm also not going to sit here like a lot of people and start talking about how LeBron doesn't have enough help or that his team isn't talented enough. I'm not sure where people are getting this. This Cavs team is pretty stacked and is easily the best team in the NBA except for what will probably go down as one of the greatest teams of all time in the Warriors. Don't the Cavs have the highest payroll in the NBA or something too? People are just making excuses, and I'm not sure why. Even if LeBron gets swept, which I think would be hilarious, I don't think it would be a big mark on his legacy.

It's fine to admit that LBJ has a stacked team and managed to lose to an even more stacked team. Let's not be pretend to be oblivious to that fact and instead say things like the team isn't talented enough beyond James.

I think we agree. I still think a lot on here are downplaying how much the salary cap has affected how the team is setup. Kyrie is not a good player to make a system with if we're being honest. But he was there from the start. Love is good. The salary cap is set in place to prevent teams like GSW happening, but it just didn't work this time and the stars alligned and they ammased talent that can't be signed for cap money no matter how you spin it.

It's all semantics at this point. The talent is still not there. Nobody on Cavs' team has the talent to create offense for themselves aswell as others. Deron Williams is trash, TT can't do anything on offense, and Jefferson isn't a world beater. Replace Igoudala, Livingston and David West with 3 Cavs bench players and it'd be more of match.

Lack of talent is what I call it. That isn't to say they aren't talented, I just don't think they have the talent to compete against Golden State. They aren't even close imo.

Name me one way these players could actually be coached to play without LeBron. What kind of system could make these players perform well. I don't think any system featuring LeBron and these players could challenge the Warriors.

It's hard to sign more players to improve your weakspots when you have 3 max players in Kyrie, Love and LeBron. GSW would have had a similar problem, if Curry had his deserved contract before signing Durant. But GSW got extremely lucky and kudos to their front office for making it happen. They have managed to draft better than any team since the 80s Bulls drafts and they made a dynasty from it.

Also the payroll argument is just not valid. That has nothing to do with anything. Especially nowadays. Cavs have spent majority of their hard cap on 3 players, which Golden State hasn't because their star player's contract is running out this year. Cavs went over the cap to re-sign JR and TT. That money spent on those two isn't money they could have used on other players. You can't go over cap to sign FAs.

_________________
hmm:
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 18804
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by CBarca on Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:14 am

I'd like to see KD win the ring, everything else is me just doing my best to bring out LeSalt's namesame tbh. That being said, I've defended him from the beginning because I don't see a problem with his decision unlike most fans, and therefore am relishing watching him make the haters salty af.

I can respond to the rest tomorrow or another time

_________________
Beer and guns
avatar
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16728
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by M99 on Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:16 am

Harrison Barnes to Kevin Durant is the biggest upgrade in sport since Huntelaar to Zlatan.

_________________
#JUSTICE4

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
avatar
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 26837
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 95

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza on Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:18 am

@CBarca wrote:I'd like to see KD win the ring, everything else is me just doing my best to bring out LeSalt's namesame tbh. That being said, I've defended him from the beginning because I don't see a problem with his decision unlike most fans, and therefore am relishing watching him make the haters salty af.

I can respond to the rest tomorrow or another time


I think we're mostly in agreement. We both think the roster is set up wrong. I just put more weight into the cap aspect of putting a big 3 roster together. GSW did it via the draft which made it easier to get chemistry and making them play together in a system.

KD winning a ring is good. But as a legacy move it's just not good, which is why I hated it. But I guess he just wanted to have fun with his friends, I can understand that. Less hard work, more fun, more parties. I wouldn't say no to that.

_________________
hmm:
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 18804
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza on Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:18 am

@M99 wrote:Harrison Barnes to Kevin Durant is the biggest upgrade in sport since Huntelaar to Zlatan.


Kwame Brown for Gasol

_________________
hmm:
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 18804
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:07 am

@LeSwagg James wrote:Insane game? Dude got piggy backed until the 4th rofl

I never thought the day would come where I wish a career ending injury on a player, but that day has come


I didn't watch but I find it very hard to believe that a player who had 31-8-4 was piggybacking till the 4th tbh.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 63902
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:16 am

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
@LeSwagg James wrote:Insane game? Dude got piggy backed until the 4th rofl

I never thought the day would come where I wish a career ending injury on a player, but that day has come


I didn't watch but I find it very hard to believe that a player who had 31-8-4 was piggybacking till the 4th tbh.


He was good. But made the most egregious clock management mistake I've seen in years

_________________
hmm:
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 18804
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:22 am

How the *bleep* did Steph get 16 rebounds lmao.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 63902
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:35 am

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:How the *bleep* did Steph get 16 rebounds lmao.


Cavs insisted on bad 3s when Steph guarded LeBron. 100 3s = 100 long rebounds

_________________
hmm:
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 18804
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Luca on Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:50 am

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
@LeSwagg James wrote:Insane game? Dude got piggy backed until the 4th rofl

I never thought the day would come where I wish a career ending injury on a player, but that day has come


I didn't watch but I find it very hard to believe that a player who had 31-8-4 was piggybacking till the 4th tbh.


Well I think what LeSalt is referring to is that Durant didn't score a point in the third quarter or had like one basket (can't remember exactly).

But he had a strong first half and a great fourth quarter to win th game. Curry was amazing as usual. And klay had it going early.

What we're seeing is a difference in systems too. I know the warriors are super talented but so was LeBron's Miami team and they played some ugly basketball at times. This is warrior team plays the best basketball in the nba. Pair that when you have some of the best players and it's not difficult to se what's happening here.
avatar
Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 13294
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum