Manchester United 2017/2018 Premier League Season (+ League Cup & FA Cup)

4 posters

Go down

Manchester United 2017/2018 Premier League Season (+ League Cup & FA Cup) Empty Manchester United 2017/2018 Premier League Season (+ League Cup & FA Cup)

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:20 pm

New season. Cool

Last edited by Vlad the Impaler on Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Manchester United 2017/2018 Premier League Season (+ League Cup & FA Cup) Empty Re: Manchester United 2017/2018 Premier League Season (+ League Cup & FA Cup)

Post by Glory Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:09 am

Great start to the campaign. Team looks a lot more balanced. Not going overboard with Matic praise eventhough he was excellent yesterday. Need a better opponent to really gauge his prowess. Lukaku is looking good. Just like yesterday with Martial and Pogba we need more people scoring goals this season. Not just the number 9. If we can do that, then well, things will start falling into place. Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Manchester United 2017/2018 Premier League Season (+ League Cup & FA Cup) Empty Re: Manchester United 2017/2018 Premier League Season (+ League Cup & FA Cup)

Post by RED Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:12 pm

Very good start. Everyone played out their skin. Lukaku and matic were the standouts.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:20 am

I can't believe how overhyped is the performance of Matic from Sunday. He was good, but not that good. I watched him carefully and he lost the ball a lot of times in important moments. Also he likes to hold the ball too much and after one or two dribbles he always looses it.

For me, Matic was decent, but not even in our top 5 against West Ham.

As a team, we had a solid performance, but nothing special yet. Why? We have 37 more games and the difficult moments will surely come. Let's see how good we will be on long term against the top teams considering that we also play in UCL this season.  Let's see if Martial & Pogba will be able to score when Lukaku won't be in a good day. It is easier to score the 3rd and the 4th goal than to score the 1st and the 2nd.

All I am saying is that it was a normal performance for a title contender, but nothing special. Also, West Ham could have scored when we were leading 2-0. The team should focus on getting better and better because I am sure that the difficulty of this match was far far away from the level we will have to achieve in order to fulfill our expectations.

For now, let's just be happy and hope that we will crush Swansea because I really hate them for stealing a lot of points from us in ugly games in the past years.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:01 pm

Completely agree re: Matic. He has been really good for us so far. But its getting a bit sickening now. Every nook and corner the guy is hailed as the second coming of Scholes. What's even more disgusting is these people are berating Ander and saying he is not that good compared to Matic. One bad performance against Madrid in a role he hasnt played for us in ages and suddenly "Matic can do everything Ander does and more". Mad
Now here is a guy who was the standout performer for us in all the big games last season, who was our player of the season, who was touted for captaincy, who simply breathes the club and suddenly one bad performance from him and one good performance from Matic against a shit team means the former is nowhere the latter's level and we need an upgrade.
Matic is a decent footballer, but lately he has come undone on a consistent basis against quality when playing in a 2 man midfield. Chelsea selling him was a mistake on their part, no doubt about that, But people are making it sound like they have given us the title by doing it. rofl

Honestly, from a critical perspective, Manchester United have one of the worst group of fans worldwide. I shouldnt be saying this but fk it I dont care. A bunch of glory hunters who doesnt give a shit about player loyalty, our history and love for the club and only want short term success and glory.
Sergi fking Roberto is being called a better player than Ander Herrera. That's the level of delusion of late. Bunch of twats who are ready to lap up every thing Mou says and does.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:54 pm

Glory wrote:Completely agree re: Matic. He has been really good for us so far. But its getting a bit sickening now. Every nook and corner the guy is hailed as the second coming of Scholes. What's even more disgusting is these people are berating Ander and saying he is not that good compared to Matic. One bad performance against Madrid in a role he hasnt played for us in ages and suddenly "Matic can do everything Ander does and more". Mad
Now here is a guy who was the standout performer for us in all the big games last season, who was our player of the season, who was touted for captaincy, who simply breathes the club and suddenly one bad performance from him and one good performance from Matic against a shit team means the former is nowhere the latter's level and we need an upgrade.
Matic is a decent footballer, but lately he has come undone on a consistent basis against quality when playing in a 2 man midfield. Chelsea selling him was a mistake on their part, no doubt about that, But people are making it sound like they have given us the title by doing it. rofl

Honestly, from a critical perspective, Manchester United have one of the worst group of fans worldwide. I shouldnt be saying this but fk it I dont care. A bunch of glory hunters who doesnt give a shit about player loyalty, our history and love for the club and only want short term success and glory.
Sergi fking Roberto is being called a better player than Ander Herrera. That's the level of delusion of late. Bunch of twats who are ready to lap up every thing Mou says and does.

+1
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:17 pm

Press conference today at 1:30 PM local time. I am eager to hear what Mourinho has to say, hopefully some updates regarding a new signing (the so wanted winger).
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:24 pm

*bleep* YEAH! WHAT A TEAM!

Thank you Chelsea for selling Matic!
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:27 pm

Started off with a bang!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:34 pm

Mourinho had nothing important to say in the pre-match conference. Nothing special in the post match conference, except the fact that he thinks Martial will improve a lot this season. I always felt that Mourinho didn't have confidence in Martial and now we have the first signs that Mou started to like him. It was about time.

About Swansea 0-4 Man United:

Good performance. We were always in control but still we were shaking a little bit in our minds until the 2nd goal (80' mins) because we were used to losing points in the past few seasons, especially in the last one. But after the 2nd goal, we scored two more goals, which is quite good in my opinion. It's great that we've speculated our chances.

West Ham and Swansea didn't play well, they were weak opponents but credit to the team for winning the way they should win these kind of matches. Like Mou said, last year after 3 rounds we had 100% victories and we finished 6th. It means nothing on the long run. Team should just focus on winning the next match, should be strong and prepared for difficult moments, for moments when you have to come back or when you have to play against top teams every 3 days. So, nothing very special for a supposed contender for the title yet, but it is what it should be after two rounds.

Pogba is a new player so far. He was awful during the entire season last year and never had such a good pair of performances like he had now, even though the opponents were struggling teams.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:03 am

We still have a lot of work to do. That match wasnt at all like the 1st where we outright dominated them (as is expected perhaps cos of the away factor). Until the 2nd goal was scored anything could have happened and they were right in it. Both Lukaku and Mkhi were poor until then. Its all good so far. But any United fan thinking we are the team to beat hasnt really thought it through.

We need better control in midfield when we are up against better teams. Herrera needs to come in for either Mkhi or Mata and Martial needs to replace Rashford. I believe the formation Mou has in his mind is a 4-3-3. Its only cos he is unsure whether we will get goals, he is going with 4 attacking players. Martial and Pogba scoring in 2 games on the trot is important for that reason and soon he should I guess be able to have faith in going with 3 attackers.

We are getting there, albeit slowly but we are definitely on the right track. Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:19 pm

Agreed with you Glory. We really need better control in midfield. Also, except Bailly & Darmian, our defenders are not good enough. Hopefully, they'll improve. We have to learn how to defend as a team, with all the players.

On Saturday, at 5.30 PM UK Time, we'll play against Leicester at Old Trafford. I want Martial in the first XI. He deserves to be starting and everybody knows it, even Mourinho knows it, but he is so stubborn with Marcus. If Rashford starts again, I'll fire my house.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:58 pm

Another solid performance and win. Keep it up lads.

Phil Jones my motm
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:44 pm

Yep, solid performance indeed. Nothing wow, but the lads did what they had to do. They won.

Mkhitaryan my motm. Jones is not a man. He won COTM because he is a brainless chicken. Laughing
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:22 am

Today United plays away at Stoke City. We should play with Pogba, Herrera & Matic at the same time in my opinion. Create superiority in the midfield with 3 powerful players against a strong side.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:14 pm

Bailly and Jones let down the team today. Careless crappy defending gifted Stoke goals.

Frustrating result. But I'm glad this horrible fixture is over and done with. I hate stoke!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:22 pm

Why Bailly? I thought he was pretty good overall. First goal was only because Darmian didn't put any pressure before the cross, but especially because he lost the ball like little child and allowed Stoke to go on a counter.

But Jones, I agree, he was awful. Doesn't deserve to see the United shirt other than the League Cup matches.

Mkhitaryan with another assist. I am happy for Lukaku. Happy for Pogba, Rashford. We could've won, created a few chances and dominated, the problem was at 2-1 when Jones acted like an idiot and suddenly decided to fake his death. A decent defender wouldn't allow a goal like that to happen in 100 years.

We'll kill the next 3 games and everything will be fine.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:17 pm

Because bailly was caught sleeping, played diouf onside, then lazily tracked back to prevent their striker from scoring.

I'm a fan of his but today he seemed off and not his usual self.

2 bits of lapse in concentration from he and Jones proved costly for us today
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:06 pm

I hate Stoke. They are always playing like this. Doing almost nothing and getting points. Anyway, this year's draw wasn't so frustrating like the two draws from the previous season (the most frustrating matches I've seen in my entire life, I think I've never seen such a big difference between two teams without the favorite winning the match).

Like you've said, they needed only two clear chances and they scored twice.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:12 am

It wasnt just the 2 CBs tho who was at fault. Darmian and even Valencia played badly. Not surprising considering all of them were away for int. duty. Mou needs to be careful this season as to how he manages our squad this season. The guys like Valencia, Pogba, Matic, Mkhi, they need to be properly rotated and kept fresh.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:28 am

What a monster Rashford is becoming. He's scored 24 goals and he's still 19!
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:28 pm

Martial & Rashford have a bright future together at Manchester United. I hope we won't sell Martial. Rashford will surely stay regardless of the transfer offers we'll get for him.

On Saturday we'll play Soton away. Must be a win! Difficult game though.

By the way, I like your avatar, Dutti.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:23 pm

We're sh*t!!! All that money spent to resemble Huddersfield at Stamford Bridge. Shocking.

Title challengers? Lmao
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:17 pm

We are shit. But luckily (or unluckily I dont know) for us, everyone barring City has been shittier. Mourinho is NOT the answer. But I am not saying that based on today's result. In fact, today's result hasnt really added anything at all 'extra' to my assessment. Knew we were going to get beaten. When's the last time we have been Chelsea at Stamford Bridge anyway.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:23 pm

Glory, in some way you are right. Our record at Stamford Bridge is awful. I think we've beaten them twice in the last 15 years. Once in UCL in 10/11 with a Rooney goal and once in EPL in 12/13, a 3-2 with Chelsea playing with 9 men, or something like that. Laughing

But this only makes me have hope again. Maybe Mourinho can make us finish 2nd. But we'll see...
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down