McLewis
Warrior
Luca
breva
8 posters

Go down

Spalletti? Empty Spalletti?

Post by breva Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:50 am

Ok, Inter is at an all-time low. Notwithstanding the second highest paid payroll in Italy and very good individual players, only Juventus having better personnel, the team has just not clicked. It's the manager stupid.

Suning wants to spend money, to the extent that FFP permits or more if they can get away with it, it's not the money. Inter need a top level manager. Inter is Inter, they have had Hellenio Herrera, Trapattoni, Lippi, Mourinho, world class managers, historical managers. Spalletti is not at that level I'm afraid.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Spalletti? Empty Re: Spalletti?

Post by Luca Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:24 am

You don't think Spaletti is easily the best manager Inter has had since Mourinho?

Y'all need stability more than anything. I think Spaletti can bring that and he did amazing with Roma in his most recent spell.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:28 am

He is too moody for the Inter "piazza". He will have tremendous problems. I hope I am proven wrong, mind you.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:39 am

Won't last til january, Lolo White was a better choice.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:23 am

The Totti stuff definitely caused the moodiness. It soured him in his first stint and it definitely didn't get better in the 2nd. His time in Russia also appears to have hardened him quite a bit as well.

Tactically, I think Inter chose well. He doesn't need a lot funds to get the best out of players so giving him such a large budget should certainly bode well.

A Russian title isn't the same as an Italian one though. That was always in the back of my mind when he was with us, just as a French title isn't the same either when we had Garcia. Doesn't matter anymore unless he can translate that into a scudetto. Your concern in that regard is valid yet this is a completely different environment from what he left. I think he's doing to do quite well.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:09 am

Its hilarious how much better Spalletti is compared to everyone post-Mourinho.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:49 am

breva wrote:Ok, Inter is at an all-time low. Notwithstanding the second highest paid payroll in Italy and very good individual players, only Juventus having better personnel, the team has just not clicked. It's the manager stupid.

Suning wants to spend money, to the extent that FFP permits or more if they can get away with it, it's not the money. Inter need a top level manager. Inter is Inter, they have had Hellenio Herrera, Trapattoni, Lippi, Mourinho, world class managers, historical managers. Spalletti is not at that level I'm afraid.

Well.. does this Inter seem to you at their world class , historical level at this point in time ? Why would Mourinho or any other of the best managers in the world be at Inter right now? It's normal after losing that much ground .

I think , after getting Sabatini and Spalletti. Inter will finally start building foundations properly this season , they know Serie A , they know what to do. They have some really good players , but they lack identity like i rarely noticed before in a team.

Spalletti will definitely fix this major issue , i have no doubts. When he returned to Roma , i remember myself saying he would do really well and evidently he did , when i realised he was leaving them i was surprised . I don't rate Spalletti amongst the best for one reason , simply because he lacks the silverware required to back it all up.

That said , he's without any doubt one of the very best in Serie A , impressive even at times and i think , regardless of how much Inter ends up spending , they will be a serious team on the pitch next season.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:55 am

Dante wrote:
breva wrote:Ok, Inter is at an all-time low.  Notwithstanding the second highest paid payroll in Italy  and very good individual players, only Juventus having better personnel, the team has just not clicked.  It's the manager stupid.

Suning wants to spend money, to the extent that FFP permits or more if they can get away with it, it's not the money. Inter need a top level manager.  Inter is Inter, they have had Hellenio Herrera, Trapattoni, Lippi, Mourinho, world class managers, historical managers.  Spalletti is not at that level I'm afraid.

Well.. does this Inter seem to you at their world class , historical level at this point in time ? Why would Mourinho or any other of the best managers in the world be at Inter right now? It's normal after losing that much ground .

I think , after getting Sabatini and Spalletti. Inter will finally start building foundations properly this season , they know Serie A , they know what to do. They have some really good players , but they lack identity like i rarely noticed before in a team.

Spalletti will definitely fix this major issue , i have no doubts. When he returned to Roma , i remember myself saying he would do really well and evidently he did , when i realised he was leaving them i was surprised . I don't rate Spalletti amongst the best for one reason , simply because he lacks the silverware required to back it all up.

That said , he's without any doubt one of the very best in Serie A , impressive even at times and i think , regardless of how much Inter ends up spending , they will be a serious team on the pitch next season.

I honestly believe that the individual players of today don't compare too badly to the players of the CL winning team.  They are much younger, but, is Perisic not the equal of Milito?  Handanovic at least as good as Julio Cesar?  Icardi is probably a better CF than what we had available back then.  Zanetti, Cordoba and Lucio were beasts, but very old. Medel, Murillo, Santon aren't chopped liver. Was Sneijder that much better than Joao Mario?  Subjective, of course, but the personnel are not the problem in my opinion.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:28 am

He is not worse than Mancini.
Frankly the manager is the last of our problems. Then Spalletti is one of best in the league.
If we'll fail again (and it's possible.The mercato doesn't look like brillaint) it won't be because of coach ,that's sure
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 05, 2023 1:55 am

Redemption arc
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri May 05, 2023 2:51 am

Very glad to see this. Been a long time coming and I never thought it would happen with Napoli. Great story all around.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down