Twoism
Jay29
urbaNRoots
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Sri
35 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:29 pm

N'Zonzi is excellent.

But he wants to play CL football with Sevilla :coffee:

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sina Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:11 pm

assists+16/17 comp:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:37 pm

Lacazette is great. Trust me. Clinical, fast and a match winner.

Can't get anyone better than him either. Should be grateful he is joining a EL club.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:55 am

RealGunner wrote:Lacazette is great. Trust me. Clinical, fast and a match winner.

Can't get anyone better than him either. Should be grateful he is joining a EL club.

Thanks RG.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:05 am

It pisses me off that so many Arsenal fans take Lacazette for granted. This guy wouldn't consider us if it wasn't for Atletico's ban, he was pretty much an Atletico player before it happened.

Reminds me of the times when signing Higuain was a disappointment because we couldn't get Suarez/Benzema and then he joined Napoli instead Laughing

I'm just happy we will (hopefully) have a proper striker now, it's been nearly 5 years since van Persie left ffs. For the first time we will see Alexis and especially Ozil play with a proper partner in attack, it would be a real shame if they left now.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:09 am

[Times] Arsenal are pursuing a deal for Lemar on top of Lacazette

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/arsenal-ready-to-break-club-record-for-44m-lacazette-7mmp7zrtf (paywall)
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:27 am

It does frustrate me when I look through fan opinion on Twitter and everyone's like "Lacazette? Meh, he's no Mbappe".

The arguments I keep seeing:

"If he was any good why didn't we sign him last year!"

"If he was any good why is he behind Giroud in the France team!"

And so on. It's the typical cold feet Arsenal fans get whenever they're linked with a big money signing. Soon enough they'll talk themselves into thinking Giroud is better.

Anyway, we're at the point of doubt now where we find out papers jumped the gun a bit and things aren't far along as we thought etc. Sport Witness is already pointing out that L'Equipe aren't as excited as RMC were. Just waiting for Ornstein to come out and say "no interest" now.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:44 am

Think good thoughts, Jay.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by GenBlizkin Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:35 pm

Laca would be the best striker we have had since Henry.

If we can get Laca, Lemar and Henry Onyeku then if we can almost afford to lose alexis for a decent sum, gives us the opportunity to sign a class cb or Gk.
GenBlizkin
GenBlizkin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:44 pm

Chris Willock, who has been offered an extension but not taken it up (yet?), may move to Benfica where he'd likely start out in the B team.
https://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2017/06/24/report-arsenals-chris-willock-closing-in-on-benfica-move/

Lacazette would be an excellent and sensible purchase. Will he prove good enough to fill an RvP sized hole we've had since 2012? I hope so. Perhaps not quite. But he's been productive season after season for Lyon. And £44 million, whatever it is, is expensive but in today's market, a lot of forwards with fewer terrific seasons than he's had are going for considerably more.

Kolasinac, Lacazette, and Lemar would be a very fine haul, provided we keep Alexis, Ox, and Özil, and considering we can't offer CL next season. Personally I'd want to see a little more player acquisition on top of that, but I won't hold my breath.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:10 pm

As addressed before, would be lovely if we can get some first team additions/reinforcements in CM, CB and GK positions.

But we probably shouldn't be that greedy.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:14 pm

Which one?
Lemar for me
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:28 pm

Both

Bin Walcott and Iwobi
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:31 pm

Despite not being in the CL, we still have quite some pull with the players.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:32 pm

Lemar obviously, Mahrez not needed if Ozil stays.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:25 pm

Aulas (Lyon president): "There is still a desire from Atletico to bring [Lacazette] in January. Now, I will listen to what Alexandre says."

Aulas on Lacazette: "We have to do a very big deal before. We can't let a player of his quality leave without having a replacement for him."

Aulas: "Everyone knows the offer from Atletico is £55m. As the Arsenal representatives have been told, a deal would occur around there."

Aulas: "Honestly, I have not yet considered Arsenal. I thought that Alexandre would stay after his failed departure to Atletico Madrid."

Aulas: "There was an approach for Giroud. He is a boy who scores lots of goals and has a lot of ambition for Russia [WC]."

Aulas on bringing Giroud to Lyon: "The key is Arsène Wenger. We are watching. We will try to very quickly sign a top European attacker."

He talks a lot doesn't he Laughing I like the transparency tbh.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:26 am

Arsène Wenger is prepared to bid up to £40m for Man Utd's Anthony Martial as an alternative to Kylian Mbappé. [@MailSport]
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:28 am

100% would take him

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:09 am

That would be absolutely amazing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:15 am

It would be amazing indeed but a pipe dream like Mbappe.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:46 pm

http://statsbomb.com/2017/02/identifying-ligue-1s-next-big-breakout-talents-2-thomas-lemar/
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:03 pm

Sina, do you think Lemar could transition into a CM in the near future? His style of play makes me think more of a CM/box-to-box than a winger tbh, great passing, great close control, good shot as well and a hard worker off the ball.

Holding - Mustafi - Koscielny
Bellerin - Xhaka - Lemar - Kolasinac
Ozil - Lacazette - Alexis

Would be a brilliant transfer window. Lemar would be such a great signing because of his versatility, if we want to play a 4231 he can slot in one of the attacking positions, if we play the 3421 then he plays deeper. Like a young di Maria.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:35 pm

maybe in long term future in better structured system and under a coach that would give individuals more defined roles he could play CM

but as of on now/near future and under wenger that could be troublesome ,only worth it if we were to accommodate some special players further up the pitch

as of now under wenger he is just perfect for wide role in442/4231 variations with freedom to tuck in

then again imho only worth sticking to 3421 if we kept both ozil/alexis in which case we probably wont sign lemar
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:03 pm

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 DDMozDaWAAEhHaf

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Market_15514_1390429635The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Lucas10
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:20 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:That would be absolutely amazing

Are people saying Martial would be amazing? hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:33 pm

There's the small matter of agreeing terms with Monaco, of course.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next