Mr Nick09
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
SuperMAG
guest7
36 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:46 pm

How about Tejero go prove himself on loan first, in first division somewhere and then we can call him Carvajal 2.0

i know we take Carvajal for granted but he did just that, he "proved" himself in germany.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:30 pm

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you Nick. The first issue is Danilo leaving which I doubt. We all seem to agree he going elsewhere would be a good thing.

Then it's a question that Nacho can fill in for him when needed. He not only a CM, he is a defensive player that has played all 4 defensive positions adequately.

If Danilo does get sold, but at this stage of market what's left and at what price?

Keep in mind they can keep both Tejero and Arhraf at Castilla and call them up when needed.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:55 pm

The goal is and has been to have a squad where each starter has a back up, so 20 field players + 1 maybe.

In the context of the défense if Carvajal is a starter, then we need a back up RB like Theo backs up Marcelo.

If it's Nacho then sign another CB because Nacho is just that, a back up CB. If Nacho is a back up CB then sign a back up RB. When both players are out then Nacho will play RB

Regardless of how versatile Nacho is, we should not go into another season where a fullback doesn't have a natural n2. If we have versatile players then perfect because that will come into play
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:41 pm

Amen, all this and Danilo stays!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:25 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:How about Tejero go prove himself on loan first, in first division somewhere and then we can call him Carvajal 2.0

i know we take Carvajal for granted but he did just that, he "proved" himself in germany.

Carvajal shouldn't have had to go out and prove himself. It's pretty known that Mourinho was against him and many of our other Canteras, letting guys like Fabinho and that CB who only played for Castilla for like 5 months get called up to the matchday squad without problem (the season atter Carvajal left) all while refusing to allow Carvajal train with the team. It was clear then that Arbeloa was done for but still Mou wanted nothing to do with him. He was part of the class of 92 that were all good enough to be promoted straight to the first team but we had to send him out on loan out of necessity rather than a pre-planned move. We were linked with a number of RBs to take over from Arbeloa in Mou's last season. The only reason he came back was because Mou left or else we would probably have bought an old RB and not exercised the buyback on Carvajal

Tejero is at that moment now where he is good enough to be promoted straight away without having to go out on loan. I have a feeling the club will choose Achraf though so either way it doesn't matter
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:56 am

i don't see anything wrong in carvajal going to germany to learn/prove himself before coming back. mourinho may have done some outlandish things here and there, but i have no problem with him not fielding youth product if they weren't all that at the time, or if their team was struggling in their division.

i'm sure someway, somehow, the experience made carvajal a better player. now mou would probably not have chosen to have him return (and that's a different argument), but as far as him going, if the youth team isn't all that, players should absolutely HAVE to prove themselves somewhere. you don't get promoted just because you were born in madrid or are spanish. its a ball club that's been run here
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:02 am

Dani should not have never been sold in the first place if we had a proper youth development system in place. Note well, he was sold, not loaned out. And why can't Tejero or Achraf prove themselves here. If they are good enough, why not.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:40 am

you get better playing with and against better players. not every kid is a prodigy. its one thing if they and their teams are beasting in the lower divisions. if they're not then let them gain their stripes elsewhere and we can get them back. if they are good enough yes, but this is madrid, not ajax (all due respect, a great club in their right).
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:06 pm

If Danilo stays then by all means send them out but if he is sold this summer then I will have no qualms with Tejero coming up, that was my point tbh Proud
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:41 pm

I'm taking the opposite position on this. I'm the one who started this with Nick. But he is right. You don't jump from 3rd division futbol to 1st, let alone to best team in world. We all or most of us would like to see canteras on first team, but as long as they are in 2B that just won't happen. Going out on loan is the only viable path.

You may have been impressed with Tejero, but consider who he played against, also consider that Castilla is not even a good 2B team. If you are thinking of other canteras on 1st team, they either made the jump to first team from 2A ( 2nd level futbol) or came back after a loan and if they do come up to be 24th or 25th player, it actually hurts their development to just ride the bench or sit in stands.

My whole point with Nick was Danilo being sold is highly unlikely and although club would likely look to market for a more developed RB, but as it's near end of market, there isn't much available and prices are out of line for a backup RB. I think smarter move, if Danilo does go which I doubt is to use primarily Nacho but call one or both of Tejero or Arhraf up from Castilla when needed.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:42 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Loool that James deal rofl . I guess we were THAT desperate to offload him. Perez learnt the lesson the hard way not to buy the flavour of the month

Smh you guys are the same ones always making fantasy lineups every time a player has kinda a good season?

Flo learned his lesson a long time ago has been cutting back on the mega signings, it's fans on here and in general can't stop projecting their desire using the "you know flo" line.

Mbappe 100 mil for 6 months of footy you guys haven't learned shit either.

Don't see what's so funny.

titosantill wrote:the james deal is a foolish deal.....we sold di maria for this? really? signed him cos of three or four world cup games, sold someone who was doing better for that, and then practically provide bayern with a gun, a mask, combinations to the safe and say to them "bayern, rob us"

Come on now we know why di maria sold was more about contract issues, than James games at the WC also love how its cool to hate on James, but when he was popular everybody was riding his d, and in typical RM fans fashion as soon as it doesn't workout start shitting on him, like you guys seen it coming all along weak convenient fanbase.

Nothing is wrong with deal, James can regain form and go for 70 mil again than going for 40 mil or you guys hoping that doesn't happen?

Doc wrote:Dani should not have never been sold in the first place if we had a proper youth development system in place. Note well, he was sold, not loaned out. And why can't Tejero or Achraf prove themselves here. If they are good enough, why not.

Why is everybody a castilla expert? RM has ton of former youths products everywhere majority of the them turned out midtable or lower, dani could have easily went the same and tbh he decent not some world beater, Madrid brought danilo for a reason, just because the Spanish media and fanbase teamed up to give him hard time to protect carvajal, doesn't make danilo a bad player or carvajal anybetter.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:36 pm

I don't even rofl rofl rofl rofl
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:49 am

chad4401 wrote:Madrid brought danilo for a reason, just because the Spanish media and fanbase teamed up to give him hard time to protect carvajal, doesn't make danilo a bad player or carvajal anybetter.

Spoiler:
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:41 am

Counting the right back a we are linked with
- Odriozola
- Meunier
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:07 am

@chad, the key is 'option to buy'. james can beast for two years at bayern and in that time frame (2 years is a long time in football), a new star could arise in the bundesliga and bayern being bayern look to sign said player, then tell us they don't want james. also he'll be two years older, if bayern don't want him we'll have to hope someone really desparate does

2. try your best not to limit your consistency to the life and times of karim benzema/karim benzema's greatest hits. you'd know the fanbase on here was divided about the move. i wasn't a fan of the move cos i wanted di maria to stay, i never saw james play besides the wc, and felt we should have invested in  (prepare for a stomach ache) suarez instead

3. you still haven't showed us the proof that we hyped lucas silva as a young prodigy. you conveniently dribbled your way out of that one ala benzema vs atleti
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:16 am

Did chad actually say that Carvajal isn't any better than Danilo? rofl
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:55 am

Valkyrja wrote:Did chad actually say that Carvajal isn't any better than Danilo? rofl

Yup, he actually did. His hate for Isco and Nick is so strong, it has bounced over to any Spaniard on the team.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:57 am

titosantill wrote:3. you still haven't showed us the proof that we hyped lucas silva as a young prodigy. you conveniently dribbled your way out of that one ala benzema vs atleti

There is none, he lied about it and has yet to come clean.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:19 am

It's because Lucas silva came on as a sub against Schalke I think in CL and we all commented positively about his performance. Chad did not like it Laughing I remember saying something like "already playing better than that scrub illarra, he has a more physical presence in midfield" Chad lost his mind Laughing

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:00 pm

They must have some good ganja in Jamaica. He must be pretty high to post what he posts

On another note I hope kovacic doesn't leave. He's a better player then cebellos imo and has more tools then him
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:17 pm

Both Morata and Danilo sold for a total of 115M. That's enough plus position freed up to buy Mbappe.

Option for Danilo are
1. Buying Odriozola, Meunier, Sibide or Kimpembe, Meunier apparently the 1st option. Cost and availability are the issues

2. Assessing Arhraf in training camp, otherwise a loan has been agreed with Alaves. Apparently considerTion of Tejero is out.

3. Use Nacho and Lucas, given that Lucas is a 3rd alternative next season him playing another position may work.

So assessing off season, we have filled vacancies and weaknesses, we are well positioned for not only this season but future as well and we haven't spent any money! And to think someone said yesterday that the off season was awful!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:27 pm

wow, cant believe the luck of selling both these two.

Only bale is remaining, and I hope we are having more luck in selling him, its high time to offload these and build for the future.

I heard benz is also getting interest from arsenal, yea give us 45 and u have him brother.

Sell bale and benz and get mbappe and dembele and booom, we are here to conquer. it will be the most terrific summer.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:38 am

Gone are the days the club is selling "unwanted" players for 80% off plus a free coupon at the gift shop. Finally too since the club usually pays either the asking price (depending) or way over the perceived value. Good for Madrid.

That being said, we actually do need to now find a Morata replacement. A Danilo one too if I am not mistaken.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:10 am

If we are selling Morata, as much as I would like to get a big fee for Bale- I would rather not disrupt too much.

I thought Meunier was like 21, I didn't realize he was 25. That aside I think he would be a good replacement for Danilo, and now that Neymar may be on the books for PSG they will need to bring in some funds. I don't care how wealthy PSG are, 222m for one player is a tough pill to swallow, and if they have Meunier, Dani Alves, and Aurier all competing for RB, I would think 1 leaving would make practical and financial sense.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:16 am

Morata taken care of... and danilo too?

Its like Flo heard my concerns and stepped it up.

Now we must sign that star forward to ensure dominance now and in the near future.

Benzema needs his successor.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:44 am

Curious to see who we go for at RB, not sure PSG want to sell meunier, its Aurier they have put on the market
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next