Mr Nick09
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
SuperMAG
guest7
36 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 30 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:58 am

we won 3 CLs in 4 years, there was 0 need to pull the trigger on anything

just keep in mind, CR giving up his PK was for his BFF benzema, they have a special relationship and the whole locker room is convinced that Benzema is a misunderstood genius

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 30 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Clutch Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:13 am

Benz clearly has CR blackmailed. Nothing more

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:36 am

If we win CL and finish strong in La Liga (although we have no chance of winning it obviously)... i say very little changes. They'll point out that veteran and reliable depth is the only difference between this year and the last two... and they wouldn't be wrong. Shortsighted, but accurate.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:50 am

Btw... I used to rate strikers in Serie A very highly. In fact, that league was the toughest to score in for a LONG time until very recently. But now, it's suspect. Defenders are subpar in the league. You only have decent defending at the very top of the table... and even then.

So, like in Ligue 1 or Bundi, a Serie A striker has to jump off the screen. Icardi doesn't jump off the screen for me. I fear he may be no better than a slight improvement on what Morata brought to the table.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:10 pm

Winning CL is a big IF though, we may get through PSG, but there are much bigger opponents waiting in the QF, SF, and Final if we even make it that far.

Even if we win, I can still see relatively large changes. It may save Zidane his job, but the fact that BBC are getting and older, statistically worse, and less marketable by the day is something that cannot be ignored forever. Winning CL won't justify coming in 4th in La Liga, or bowing out of CDR that early.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:29 pm

If we manage to get Lewa, I do hope Hans gets banned from this section after all the grand standing he did with respect to Marca constant rumour reporting of Lewa. How long has it been, 3, 4 years straight?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:41 pm

Hazard - Cristiano - Salah

And we sign a real back up CF that we can play with CR at times
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:26 pm

Salah is the most likely... for like a billion lol. IF we could swap him for Bale and Benzema, even bette.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:09 am

halamadrid2 wrote:All of the 3 are going to be hard to get, all 3 probably want to move but they all play for club that dont need to sell. Whoever we get i am happy with

Build up Laughing like we dont have the best midfield in the world. All i ask from our striker is to score from the gazillion chances our midfield and fbs create every game. Imagine getting a skinny poor mans version of Benz in Griezmann Laughing I'd rather we dont sell Benz if the other option is Griezmann who doesn't score

What's Pogba going to do in our team? Our bench is already full. We dont need any more benchwarmers on huge wages
this post aged badly in two days, Griezmann has since scored 7 goals...

say again? Laughing

To me it's a real argument to consider a player like him over Lewandowski, if both were ever options.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:28 pm

Why is Firmino never mentioned? I think he would be fantastic in our current set up. Such a consistent performer, creative, can grab assists as well as goals.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:42 pm

Because all your ideas of getting a SS/Attacking midfielder instead of a CF are bad and most likely not considered by Zidane and Florentino.

Why? Because it's been clear and made that CR likes to play from the wing. So let him play there. Our most recent succesful era has been from him playing on the wing, so it's only logical he keeps playing there.

Replacing Bale is another story but that's for Neymar IMO. Neymar is not happy in PSG, it's becoming more and more clear. Unless Emery leaves, I don't see him being happy there soon either.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:25 pm

sportsczy wrote:Interesting tidbit for a French reporter who is VERY close to Monaco and Mbappe.

It's Madrid or Monaco.  Nobody else.  Monaco are behind right now but he's given them the courtesy of waiting for their mercato to finish before deciding.  They will get the last chance to sell him.

And he actually doesn't give a damn if Bale or any of the BBC get moved.  He thinks he's better.  All he asks is for an equal opportunity to beat any of those guys out.... including CR.

Doesn't lack confidence lol.

Maybe he opted to become a Madrid agent instead hmm He was their worst forward in the first leg. His inexperience was made especially apparent when we were leading and he lost possession from attempting a flashy dribbling skill, as a means to get past Nacho who'd kept him quiet all evening using more simplistic methods. I suppose that's a downside to playing in a league where freedom to nonchalantly showboat against any opposing team might turn into a habit.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:59 pm

Doesn't PSG have the option to buy? No way I see them bypassing that option

Mbappe footballing and marketing potential is as high as messi and ronaldo I dare say
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:00 pm

It's an automatic option too for Mbappe.... the trigger is PSG not getting relegated to Ligue 2 lol. LÉquipe just ran a story saying that the option had vested and Mbappe's fee will be paid at the end of the season.

Nothing to talk about here.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:35 pm

Yeah, I remember it was one of those loan to buy deals. Though I wonder if Mbappe would want to stay. Totally not certain but wouldn't PSG have to renegotiate terms with Mbappe again?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:44 am

Doc wrote:Yeah, I remember it was one of those loan to buy deals. Though I wonder if Mbappe would want to stay. Totally not certain but wouldn't PSG have to renegotiate terms with Mbappe again?

No.  It's done and dusted.  It was only set up this way so that the transfer price didn't hit the books until this summer. Nothing to negotiate from player or club standpoint.

Mbappe actually loves it in Paris as his whole family is there.  There's absolutely zero chance for anything for 2-3 years...  he'd need to get bored or PSG fall off a cliff. I can see him looking for a new challenge in a few years. He slated to go to central striker with Cavani getting moved this summer.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:25 am

with manu playing so atrociously and not being competitive at all. Pogba and De Gea might actually be realistic options.

Or manu may just sack Mourinho
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:27 am

They wouldn't help the team at all. Maybe De Gea but he's too expensive

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:35 am

not the time to sign pogba, not to mention he makes 17-18 mil euros net at man u, he doesnt fit into our wage structure. we wont revisit that unless he wins the golden ball or something.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:19 am

Please keep that dab merchant away from Madrid.

One of the most overrated players I have seen in my lifetime.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:15 pm

DoC, get used to this. This is the time of year the French hyping begins and accelerates until August.

Only difference is most of the hyped players have been exposed for what they truly are, but wait until we hear that Mourinho is the reason for the under performances.

No consideration is ever given to club’s salary structure  and the belittlement of Flo and board for operating as any professional business would. He seems to expect the spend whatever practice is the way to go. We should sak what did these so called businesses get for all their over the top expenditures!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:44 pm

100 mil

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:55 am

Well I guess every creative midfield players that struggled under Mourinho at Madrid after a couple of years...  namely, all of them (Modric, Ozil and Di Maria)...  were grossly overrated. Heck, any creative player regardless of position. Marcelo was about to jump off a bridge too.

If anyone should understand the Mou effect, Madrid fans should.  I understand other fan bases not being informed.  Shame on you.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:58 am

Modric. We almost lost our best CM since, I don't know, whomever due to Jose being such a damn ass when it comes creative talent. Ostracised the man hard and only reason he ended playing him was due to us having a legit injury crisis in midfield.

Utd fans are taking a hell of a long time to realise what he does to these type of players.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:02 pm

Would you rather have us go at Neymar or Dybala?

For me a successful business would be replacing Bale with Dybala rather than overpriced-diving-late night party monster Neymar.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:07 pm

are you serious Strugarock? not even close to being the same level of player, Neymar is by far better. he is a diva like all superstars but he behaved while at Barca

and even before i sign Dybala, i would sign Salah
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next