Luca
Nishankly
dronte
Warrior
salmano9
22 posters

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

Juventus 2017/2018 Serie A and Coppa Italia thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Juventus 2017/2018 Serie A and Coppa Italia thread

Post by salmano9 Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:27 pm

19:54 - JUVE IN RITIRO - Juventus has come to retire and soon there will be dinner. Tomorrow, Massimiliano Allegri could deploy 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, in fact, for bianconeri there are still many doubts about training, starting from the form. If the Livornese coach will choose the traditional tactical defense tactics, before Szczesny, they should be Lichtsteiner, Benatia, Rugani and Asamoah. In midfield are certain of the place Pjanic and Matuidi, but it is not to be ruled out that with them there may be Sturaro. Attacks should be Douglas Costa, Bernardeschi and Mandzukic behind Higuain. But even with regard to the advanced department, there remain many doubts that will only be solved tomorrow.

Juventus (4-2-3-1): Szczesny; Lichtsteiner, Benatia, Rugani, Asamoah; Pjanic, Matuidi; Douglas Costa, Bernardeschi, Mandzukic; Higuain.

salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Juventus 2017/2018 Serie A and Coppa Italia thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Juventus 2017/2018 Serie A and Coppa Italia thread

Post by salmano9 Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:10 pm

14:41 - MATUIDI IN FIELD WITH PJANIC - Juventus is about to end the technical meeting and soon there will be further training reports. At the moment, it goes to 4-3-3: at the door there will be Szczesny's debut. Defending from right to left should be De Sciglio, Benatia, Rugani and Alex Sandro. In midfield with Pjanic and Matuidi should act Sturaro. While in the attack he will touch the trio Douglas Costa, Higuain and Mandzukic.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:58 pm

We've started the season reasonably well despite a rather easy start. Now we have our first real test against Barcelona away, a draw would be a good result here.

We've got hit by the injury bug early but thankfully none are too serious and it forces Allegri to integrate players a bit faster so we don't have to wait until Christmas to see our new signings.

Dybala is a man on a mission. Pjanic has had a great start. Those are the two I would like to singe out for praise. On defence, Rugani, take a bow son. Started all three matches and has done reasonably well.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:53 pm

Bounce back match with an away tie to Sassuolo on Sunday

Sassuolo lost 2-1 to Atalanta last week, 3-0 to Torino, and 0-0 to Genoa.

Lots of familiar faces on this team- Matri, Berardi, Sensi, Lirola, Peluso etc.

Fun fact: Allegri once managed Sassuolo from Serie C to Serie B before taking charge of Cagliari and the rest is history.

This is a very interesting point of our season, though not definitive, we are going to learn quickly about our team this season.

After Sassuolo on Sunday (17th), we have Fiorentina on Wednesday (20th), Torino on Saturday (23rd), and Olympiacos on the following Wednesday (26th).

Combine that with a deserved loss away to Barcelona, and the injury bug we are currently facing and the story lines are quite clear.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:08 am

From tuttojuve vs Sassuolo:

Buffon; Sandro, Chiellini, Rugani, Licht; Matuidi, Pjanic; Mandzukic, Dybala, Cuadrado; Higuain
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:43 am

What an opening 10 minutes we are playing!
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:12 pm

The new Messi has officially arrived...

Juventus 2017/2018 Serie A and Coppa Italia thread - Page 5 Img_3011
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:00 pm

Paulo Dybala after hat-trick performance: "The Messi comments? I'm Dybala. It's not that I don't like the comparison. He's done things no one has ever done in football. But I don't want to be compared to anyone. You can send the messages but I want my own career and to win my own trophies."

Can we please stop? He's nowhere near Messi, brother

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:30 am

Luca wrote:Paulo Dybala after hat-trick performance: "The Messi comments? I'm Dybala. It's not that I don't like the comparison. He's done things no one has ever done in football. But I don't want to be compared to anyone. You can send the messages but I want my own career and to win my own trophies."

Can we please stop? He's nowhere near Messi, brother

Only if you say pretty please with sugar on top...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:46 am

What do you guys think of the Matuidi-Pjanic midfield?

I think both are having positive games individually, but as a duo it doesn't work well enough. Once Khedira or Marchisio come back we should look more solid. Matuidi runs a lot and covers a lot of ground but he is caught out of position too often so far and then we get exposed. The other two play much more intelligently. He mentioned that he is adapting, I think with enough time he will settle and understand the team. Individually he looks good.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:16 pm

Khedira was not good so far this season and Marchisio is completely unreliable, when he's fit it's an extra. So if you ask me Matuidi is ok.

Pjanic is not made for a 2 man midfield i think.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:05 pm

I think as a tandem Matuidi and Pjanic are getting better with each passing game.

For "big" matches, a midfield three ought to be the staple.

For matches like these, a two man midfield means an extra attacker and we have to like that.

I think Pjanic has been excellent this season, already better than last season for me. He seems more comfortable and he's done some great things already. If we're to do anything in Europe, a lot rests on his shoulders since we have no midfielder of comparable characteristics.

After last season, I think Matuidi is a breath of fresh air. The left side late yesterday with him, Alex Sandro and Douglas Costa was a real force.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:39 pm

My question is how the frak are we going to fix Higuain. The guy needs a huge psychological boost...

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:46 pm

Higuain will come through. We are only 5 games into the season and he already scored in 2. Allegri will keep trusting him and eventually he will get in form. I didn't watch the Barca game so I can't say there. In Serie A he only had 1 bad games, this last one. Against Genoa he was great even though he didn't score, it was his best game, and the other 2 games he scored 1 goal in each.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:52 pm

Indeed, he was good against Genoa. Lets's just hope what you said will happen and he comes through. I expect much more from him, especially now that it's his 2nd season with us.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:02 pm

I agree, I also expect more because the Sassuolo game he was pretty terrible. Still, if he scores against Fiore for example it will be 3 goals and 1 assist in 5 games. Its pretty good for an out of form Higuain.

I trust The Fat One to put together another great season Molenation
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:03 pm

The issue with Higuain is the ball doesn't go through him like last season.

He goes through too many games without having a couple proper shots or anything. He has to get his touches, if he does, he'll score.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:26 am

Howedes in Juventus group
Football Italia9 Hours Ago

Benedikt Howedes trained with the Juventus group today, but Mattia De Sciglio continues to struggle with an ankle injury.

German centre-back Howedes joined the Bianconeri last month, but was carrying a minor injury.

However, the club’s official website confirms that he trained with the rest of his teammates today, ahead of the midweek game with Fiorentina.

De Sciglio, however, will not be taking part as he has “a partial lesion on the lower tibial-peronal joint”.

The full-back will continue to be monitored on a daily basis, but “further tests will be needed to exclude complications from microfracturing”.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:31 am

Matuidi is much better than Khedira as he knows his role, which is to defend and cover for Pjanic. He's not in peak form and he's past his prime but he's the best we have in terms of a DM at the moment.

Pjanic is world class. Put Sergej beside him in a double pivot and you have the best one two punch in the world. It's too bad we didn't go all out for Sergej this year as this was the year for GIGI to win it all. I hope GIGI wins either the CL or the World Cup. It's gonna be tough to win either one but I'm crossing my fingers for him.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:48 am

Matuidi past his peak? No way
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:54 am

The double pivot is difficult to execute and so many teams play a midfield three which immediately puts us at a disadvantage.

I think its use was a great bit of invention from Allegri and its useful for many match ups in which were the favoured side.

Sergej in a midfield two is a bit wasted. I've watched most of Lazio's matches this season and Inzaghi plays a 3-4-2-1 with Sergej and Luis Alberto behind Immobile. 4 midfield players....

Sergej reminds me a lot of Vidal with a better offensive touch and more controlled aggression. He is going to be highly coveted next summer for sure, his signing would be the right one.

I'd say Matuidi is past his prime and thats to say his absolute best was probably 2-3 years ago but he's a tremendous player for us and in the role he's been asked to fill, we could have done no better on the market for this cost.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:11 am

Pjanic is NOT a world class pivot. He's a world class creator and free kick taker. Having him on the field is like having 5 attackers because he struggles when we don't possess the ball. Tackling ? Horrible. Physical presence ? Low. Interceptions ? Maybe a bit better... anyways my point is, those flaws always show up big time recently when we face a somewhat decent opponent.

The strategy works well against provincial teams, but the limits where shown against Lazio, and also in Cardiff. A 3-man midfield is the norm nowadays, yet Juventus insists with the double pivot, for the sake of playing the average Douglas Costa or even winger-Mandzukic because he has workrates.

I would like the "Christmas tree" formation with Dybala & Bernardeschi in a free role + a quality, stable 3 man midfield that includes Pjanic, a btb and a DM (or 2 btb and Pjanic)

Matuidi is exactly what Pjanic needed, as a temporary solution. But it still lacks something, i don't know if i am the only one to feel it ? We are never certain about how the midfield will perform, after all i wouldn't be surprised if Napoli destroyed that double pivot as the final nail in the coffin of this tactic.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Marko85 Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:58 am

Forza Juve!!!

Marko85
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:04 pm

Marko85 wrote:Forza Juve!!!

FORZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUVE
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:31 pm

Warrior wrote:Matuidi is exactly what Pjanic needed, as a temporary solution. But it still lacks something, i don't know if i am the only one to feel it ? We are never certain about how the midfield will perform, after all i wouldn't be surprised if Napoli destroyed that double pivot as the final nail in the coffin of this tactic.

My thing with Matuidi so far is that as good as he looks individually, he still lacks some understanding with his role/teammates. I don't know if that's the feeling you are talking about, its the one I get. Pjanic has been beasting, Mandzukic and Cuadrado played a great game vs Sassuolo as did Sandro (finally looked in top form). Yet they still found it way too easily to catch us on the counters and pass our midfield. Matuidi needs to be a bit more "shackled" imo, play a bit smarter with his positioning. What i mean is that wherever Matuidi is on the field, he does well, but he isn't always where he should be to stop opponents on the break. Its something that Marchisio and Khedira are excellent in.

I think he will get there, its only been like 2 or 3 games? just pointing it out.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:46 pm

From Allegri's press conference for Fiore.

He says that he must watch today's training session before deciding but that there will be changes. He was ambiguous about pretty much everything, from the system to the the players. The only certainty is that Szcezsny will play.

Howedes is available now but won't start, Max says that he is excited to see Howedes get fit and play. That his characteristics will be useful in playing a back 4 and 3.

Positive comments about MDS in terms of his Barca half and that we had almost "recovered" him but now he is out for 40 days. Licht looks likely to start but won't be able to do so every 3 days so Sturaro might find space there as right back.

Bernardeschi he sees a lot of growth and says that its not too soon, that he could start.

Chiellini could be rested.

Mandzukic, Higuain and Cuadrado. No confirmation. Everyone is fine and fit but the tight schedule makes changes necessary.

It seems like Dybala will play, he didn't say it, but he also didn't mention resting him like he mentioned everyone else.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next