footyfan01
BarrileteCosmico
zigra
LeVersacci
M99
38 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 6 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by M99 Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:55 am

Blue Barrett wrote:
M99 wrote:Jesus, the slightest criticism of this show and Barrett comes defending like it's his newborn baby. Euron looked great when he killed Balon on his first appearance but then he got pretty bad at that terrible Kingsmoot and then showing up like a drunk washed up rockstar on Kings Landing. Last episode he came of as a badass.

Also he really should have been introduced on season 5 and fleshed out more. D&D cut out the entire Ironborn storyline to make room for Dorne (which was absolutely terrible, EVERYONE agrees on that) and then put it on season 6 after the backlash on Dorne made them give the storyline only two episodes.

They also completely cut out other major characters and storylines from the books. They can't do everything. They can't follow every book plot line. It's only 10 episodes a season and the budget is $60m. You'll be surprised how quickly that can burn. They didn't do Lady Stoneheart (which would have been great tv) either. If they had gone with Euron initially instead of the Sand Snakes and they messed it up the way they messed up the Sand Snakes, you most likely would have been asking why they didn't do the Sand Snakes instead of Euron.

The show is not flawless but I'm tired of book readers whining about 1001 things as if it's a second grade show. It's actually quite annoying.

And I'm tired of people like you brushing of legit criticism of the show as book readers whining. No one complained about Tyrion and Daenerys meeting on season 5 instead of waiting for 1000 years, Penny being cut, Hound vs Brienne fight, Arya/Tywin replacing Arya/Roose so yeah book readers don't complain about every single change contrary to popular belief. There are complaints when the show does something bad. Are you honestly saying that fleshing out Euron more would have been impossible?

The show is not flawless and you certainly act like it evidenced by jumping at posts that has the slightest criticism on it, by book readers and non book readers.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 6 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:03 am

M99 wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
M99 wrote:Jesus, the slightest criticism of this show and Barrett comes defending like it's his newborn baby. Euron looked great when he killed Balon on his first appearance but then he got pretty bad at that terrible Kingsmoot and then showing up like a drunk washed up rockstar on Kings Landing. Last episode he came of as a badass.

Also he really should have been introduced on season 5 and fleshed out more. D&D cut out the entire Ironborn storyline to make room for Dorne (which was absolutely terrible, EVERYONE agrees on that) and then put it on season 6 after the backlash on Dorne made them give the storyline only two episodes.

They also completely cut out other major characters and storylines from the books. They can't do everything. They can't follow every book plot line. It's only 10 episodes a season and the budget is $60m. You'll be surprised how quickly that can burn. They didn't do Lady Stoneheart (which would have been great tv) either. If they had gone with Euron initially instead of the Sand Snakes and they messed it up the way they messed up the Sand Snakes, you most likely would have been asking why they didn't do the Sand Snakes instead of Euron.

The show is not flawless but I'm tired of book readers whining about 1001 things as if it's a second grade show. It's actually quite annoying.

And I'm tired of people like you brushing of legit criticism of the show as book readers whining. No one complained about Tyrion and Daenerys meeting on season 5 instead of waiting for 1000 years, Penny being cut, Hound vs Brienne fight, Arya/Tywin replacing Arya/Roose so yeah book readers don't complain about every single change contrary to popular belief. There are complaints when the show does something bad. Are you honestly saying that fleshing out Euron more would have been impossible?

The show is not flawless and you certainly act like it evidenced by jumping at posts that has the slightest criticism on it, by book readers and non book readers.

What slightest criticism? The Euron whining is most definitely not slight. Book readers have been whining about it since last year and now that he has finally been portrayed badass on the show, you'd think that talking point would have been buried by now but no, it has now shifted to "should have done it much earlier".

Go on different subreddits, I'm not just talking about GL obviously. As I said, book readers are annoying. I'm just glad shows like Breaking Bad aren't based off a book. We were all able to enjoy the show for what it was and appreciate it and when it warranted criticism, we criticised whatever specific area that was for just what it was....not criticising it for not following some material.

Thankfully, I don't think I'll ever pick up any of those books. I don't care how pitch perfect you lot try to portray them to be Laughing I'm good with just the show. If I need to brush up my knowledge on anything from the show, I search online on a need-to-know basis. Whether you admit it or not, you guys are ruining the experience of watching this show for yourselves. But hey!
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:12 am

The point is when you are not following the material, you either come up with something better, something as good, or slightly worse. With Euron so far it was far worse but it looks like they turned a corner after making him an amalgamation of Victarion and Euron.

I actually feel like reading the books enhanced my show watching experience. Seeing beloved characters, favorite scenes, dreaded scenes, and memorable lines come to life is a different joy in of itself. But hey ho just because I criticise poor writing, plot development and characters I am ruining the show for myself.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:33 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:

The only people crying about this are book readers.

This is so not right. Its like saying the only person who criticizes a film is the one who have read the script. You dont need to know the story on the whole to say whether its written/made well or not.

I myself havent read them books beyond the 2nd one. Yet the dip in quality past the 4th season in the show was not hard for me to spot.

Agreed we have been fortunate to get something as beautiful and big as GoT on small screen to feast upon. Acknowledging their efforts. But still it doesnt mean the writers have got a free pass on everything and can do whatever they want with the story.

Also, let's face it the main reason Euron is suddenly a GOAT character is because he disposed off the most disappointing arc and characters in the show, the sand snakes. Even in this episode, I wasnt that convinced with the character and acting. He was good. But not great. He was bound to impress in that scene anyway because of the setting and the surreal nature of it. In the 1st episode, in the scene with Cersei he looked like a clown frankly. No way his acting is anywhere near the talent Iwan Rheon was as Ramsey or then again Jack Gleeson was as Joffrey.  

Also agreed with footyfan. Lack of time to develop his character and also the Dorne arc is not an excuse. Who even cares about Grey worm and his arc anyway?! Then there were characters like Dany's sex toy, Dario who was complete waste of screen time. I am pretty sure they could have found at least half an hour or more of screen time from Dany's past arcs alone. Then there was the Braavos arc of Arya which they were stretching out too needlessly.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:42 pm

Glory wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

The only people crying about this are book readers.

This is so not right. Its like saying the only person who criticizes a film is the one who have read the script. You dont need to know the story on the whole to say whether its written/made well or not.

I myself havent read them books beyond the 2nd one. Yet the dip in quality past the 4th season in the show was not hard for me to spot.

Agreed we have been fortunate to get something as beautiful and big as GoT on small screen to feast upon. Acknowledging their efforts. But still it doesnt mean the writers have got a free pass on everything and can do whatever they want with the story.

Also, let's face it the main reason Euron is suddenly a GOAT character is because he disposed off the most disappointing arc and characters in the show, the sand snakes. Even in this episode, I wasnt that convinced with the character and acting. He was good. But not great. He was bound to impress in that scene anyway because of the setting and the surreal nature of it. In the 1st episode, in the scene with Cersei he looked like a clown frankly. No way his acting is anywhere near the talent Iwan Rheon was as Ramsey or then again Jack Gleeson was as Joffrey.  

Also agreed with footyfan. Lack of time to develop his character and also the Dorne arc is not an excuse. Who even cares about Grey worm and his arc anyway?! Then there were characters like Dany's sex toy, Dario who was complete waste of screen time. I am pretty sure they could have found at least half an hour or more of screen time from Dany's past arcs alone. Then there was the Braavos arc of Arya which they were stretching out too needlessly.

So what exactly is your problem? Is it the Euron character itself? Is it the character development? Is it the actor? Is it all of it put together? You can see why I say this is whining, right? You're now officially the first person I've seen who hates the scene he had with Cersei in the throne room. See what I mean?

If you say the show has dipped in quality since season 4 and this supposedly watered down version is still far and away the best thing on tv then it just means they're a victim of their own success, no?

I agree with the point about Daario, that was just lazy fan service romance to the fangirls that watch the show imo. For Greyworm, I'm happy we have some character development. What it essentially means is that every important member of Dany's team has a background that we all know of. No one on her team is mindless "woooaarrrrr!!!!" drone. Everyone's coming from somewhere. Arya's Braavos act while not executed as well as it could have been was still important to see. None of her scenes at the end of last season and this season would have paid off as well if we didn't watch her grow in Braavos and you know it.

At least let's try to look at arguments from different angles. That's what I think you guys always fail to do.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:31 am

Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:40 pm

Expecting some disturbing shit regarding Ellaria and bad pussy tomorrow.

Hope Ser Bronn of blackwater saves bad pussy. Girl too hot to die smh.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:48 pm

Most likely Cersei will do the same thing as Ellaria did to her daughter. Let's hope someone saves her though.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:09 pm

RealGunner wrote:Most likely Cersei will do the same thing as Ellaria did to her daughter. Let's hope someone saves her though.

hmmhmmhmm
RG a fan of the dornish girlz confirmed :bow:
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:26 am

Jaime the only character on the show to continually take Ls from a winning position. First Euron, then Olenna. Even dying, she destroyed him. Laughing

Bran creepy as hell. I understand, but damn he literally lost all social skills out there on his own, bringing up Sansa's rape and shit right to her face. He was basically like "It sucks you got raped.......but you looked good"....yikes.

I didn't know how much I missed Jon and Tyrion's scenes until this episode. Good stuff. Dany continues to be as wooden as my coffee table. Despite that, the meeting of Ice and Fire was a momentous moment in this show. Grey Worm's definitely in a spot of bother now.

Monstrous though she may be, Cersei was pretty predictable. Was odds on to kill Tyene and then make Ellaria suffer, which she did in typically fashion and then go bang Jaime. Yet, I don't think that's the last we'll see of Ellaria for some reason.

Very interesting to see Randyll Tarly pick his side. I don't think it was ever in doubt which one he'd choose though. Wonder how Sam will take that.

Jorah really must be a masochist. A real glutton for pain. Going back to Dany is exactly what he's asking for. Sam being clutch though Proud

Last edited by McLewis on Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:18 am

I am really liking this new director Mark Mylod. Liking his style. Seems to be having a control on what he's doing. Last episode and now this.
EDIT Referred imdb and i am finding he has directed some in the past as well. hmm

Really good episode.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:50 am

How the *bleep* did Euron's fleet teleport from King's Landing all the way to Casterly Rock? Of all the BS travelling I've suspended my disbelief for, this is one I'm not ready to accept. Wtf?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:35 am

According to what I read, Iron Islands and Casterly rock are pretty close to each other geographically. That helped them hide without Dany's troops noticing their presence.
May be the book readers can shed better light.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:41 am

So Targaryens have Casterly Rock while Lannisters hold Highgarden.

This is reminding me of my Civilization V playthrough when I as the British Empire conquered Istanbul while the Ottomans took over London.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:10 am

Glory wrote:According to what I read, Iron Islands and Casterly rock are pretty close to each other geographically. That helped them hide without Dany's troops noticing their presence.
May be the book readers can shed better light.

The Iron Islands are close to Casterly Rock but neither of the two are close to Kings Landing. You can see it here: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/1/10/WorldofIceandFire.png (Casterly Rock is the same position as Lannisport)
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:59 am

The length of time it took for the Unsullied to get from Dragonstone to Casterly Rock the Iron Fleet probably caught up. Jon did travel from Winterfell all the way to Dragonstone in this episode. Also Euron could have not been with the Iron Fleet.

Daenarys is sooooooo robotic. No one talks like that. Makes her scenes really unrealistic.

I'm actually surprised Randall Tarly chose the crown over the Tyrells.

Good job losing the war from an unbeatable position btw. Just use your damn dragons...
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:28 am

May be not all of his fleet traveled to KL and some of them stayed back. Considering their infamous tendency of bigging up villains and reducing once great forces to those that get easily tumbled over as per their convenience, I am not surprised.

What I got pissed is how easily they leveled the playing field and now with the generic ballista that is surely going to do harm one way or the other to the dragons, they are giving Lannisters suddenly the upperhand.
I fear something like the Sansa during the BoB, Arya vs waif like shit writing happening in the coming episodes just for the purpose of creating more suspense.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:34 am

Are we gonna talk about how Jaime got a rape blowjob.
At least if people think Cersei got raped in season 4.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:42 am

May be, I think what we should talk about first is whether that was actually Lena Headey or her body double getting up from the bed. :coffee: Pricks must have fooled us again like how they did during the walk of shame considering this here wasnt a single shot.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:46 am

The Silence was with the Iron Fleet, wasn't it? Euron wouldn't hand that to someone else.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:49 am

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 6 JMn9Oqo
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:10 am

What a great episode. Lannisters back to being the richest house after taking the reach. No point indeed defending the Rock. They can always take it back.

So this means Cersei will use Tyrell's gold to pay the debt? Savage.

Also RIP house Tyrell.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:02 pm

What I also don't get is they were all like "Oh no! You can't use your dragons, they'll shoot you with an arrow". But at the battle of Mereen she was like yolo, ggwp.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:56 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:So what exactly is your problem? Is it the Euron character itself? Is it the character development? Is it the actor? Is it all of it put together? You can see why I say this is whining, right? You're now officially the first person I've seen who hates the scene he had with Cersei in the throne room. See what I mean?

If you say the show has dipped in quality since season 4 and this supposedly watered down version is still far and away the best thing on tv then it just means they're a victim of their own success, no?

I agree with the point about Daario, that was just lazy fan service romance to the fangirls that watch the show imo. For Greyworm, I'm happy we have some character development. What it essentially means is that every important member of Dany's team has a background that we all know of. No one on her team is mindless "woooaarrrrr!!!!" drone. Everyone's coming from somewhere. Arya's Braavos act while not executed as well as it could have been was still important to see. None of her scenes at the end of last season and this season would have paid off as well if we didn't watch her grow in Braavos and you know it.

At least let's try to look at arguments from different angles. That's what I think you guys always fail to do.

(Sorry for this delayed reply.)

Spoiler:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:17 pm

Great episode 8/10

-Dany and Jon finally meeting was great, for a moment when he first looked at her, i though he had it in her for her and almost facepalmed and D&D. But its good that he stood his ground and did right by his people.

-Dany probably has the worst military advice, the mobilization of her forces was terrible, now she lost the Ironborn and Unsullied. She's only left with the Dothraki now, she needs Jon more than she knows

-Mel with a dark prophecy to the spider about him dying, why does Varys hold so much snmity for her, very confrontational

-Littlefinger peaked with 'Chaos is a Ladder' scene, all his speeches now are recycled jargle

-Bran and Sansa was touching, why does he need to speak to Jon though?

-So Sam's arc has ended, he helped Jorah and Jo, nothing else to it right?

-I cant wait to see a scene with Davos and Jorah, feel like those 2 would have great chemistry

-Good to see Bronn again :bow:

-----------------

So i assume next episode will have:

-Arya reaching Winterfell
-Brotherhood
-Wildlings at Eastbourne
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:37 pm

I don't think Sam's work is done.

The scrolls he was given to copy are most likely about White Walkers and how to effectively stop them.

That's why they were so old, because they've not been around for that long a time.

Sam has a big role to play with these scrolls.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next