footyfan01
BarrileteCosmico
zigra
LeVersacci
M99
38 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 28 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by rincon Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:36 am

Also Bran doesn't see the future does he? its just the past plus warging into stuff in the present right?

That's some prime incest right there, he is banging his aunt who is also his second cousin Proud

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 28 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Glory Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:46 am

rincon wrote:Also Bran doesn't see the future does he? its just the past plus warging into stuff in the present right?

That's some prime incest right there, he is banging his aunt who is also his second cousin Proud

Can't he? Always thought he can see stuff that's about to happen as well.

@Freeza Well, both of them are in the dark regarding the truth. I dont think they would have done it had they known it. If they know, dont give a shit and still proceed to do, then fine heehe.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:51 am

They're Targaeryeans - incest historically doesn't exist for them. That's how Cersei rationalized her bonking around with Jaime too.

Totally saw Cersei lying and betraying. Her putting aside everything to march North was too good to be true. Euron going to Essos and Theon probably heading to the Iron Islands in the opp direction searching for Yara is a bit of banter through.

Loved the Baelish justice. FFS. Taken long enough.

And Ice Dragon :bow: Part of me wants to root for the NK just for that :bow:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:55 am

Glory wrote:
rincon wrote:Also Bran doesn't see the future does he? its just the past plus warging into stuff in the present right?

Can't he? Always thought he can see stuff that's about to happen as well.

@Freeza Well, both of them are in the dark regarding the truth. I dont think they would have done it had they known it. If they know, dont give a shit and still proceed to do, then fine heehe.

99% sure he can't. He has never been shown to see the future and in this episode he told Sam he can see the past and the present.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:06 am

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 28 VbBeyKp
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:10 am

rincon wrote:
99% sure he can't. He has never been shown to see the future and in this episode he told Sam he can see the past and the present.

Speaking entirely in the show's context, I remember one of the Children of the forest saying Jojen Reed 'knew' he would die the way he did. So didnt he saw the future? And if an average greenseer like Jojen can see the future, couldnt Bran, the 3 eyed raven as well?

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:29 am

Jojen did see the future, that was his whole thing. He wasn't average though, he was a super talented greenseer.

Maybe Bran will see the future as he learns more about his powers, but so far no. If he could see the future (or even the present in an omniscient way) he wouldn't need to warg people/animals to check on Westeros and he would have told Jon not to go north to avoid giving a dragon to the NK.

The OG 3-eyed raven seemed to see the future in some capacity because he knew Bran was "the one" since he was a kid in Winterfell. Bran would probably get to that level as he grows up.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:34 am

The Littlefinger trial scene felt so god damn good. Sansa, Bran and Arya :bow:

I thought the dragon pit scene might turn out a bit forced but that was wonderful. The director killed it. Everyone was great too. The Hound is the GOAT for me as usual lately.

I wonder if Tyrion realized that he was being played, I don't think so. What I do think is that he knows that Cersei will still try to screw them in some capacity. Euron sold that whole thing really well too, I bought it.

Edit: forgot, Jaime FINALLY cheers I wonder where he will go next. Straight to Winterfell?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:16 am

Wanted to see LF die. But now slightly feeling for the man now that he is finally dead.
Should have fled the north the second he came to know of Bran's ability lol.

Anyway, a great character. Aidan Gillen, the guy is a genius. Humanized a villain and managed to give him an underdog tag, before the last couple of seasons that is. Props to him.

So, we didnt see Bronn tagging along with Jaime. Is he really staying to fight for Cersei? Shocked

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:20 am

The whole Winterfell story this season rofl
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:26 am

Did LF ever find out about Bran's ability? I don't think anyone but the Starks (and Sam now) know.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:38 am

Man it was weird seeing Viserys marry Lyanna.

Jaime :bow: Thought the Mountain was actually going to kill him.

Also got completely suckered into that Euron fleeing ploy.

What about all that magic in the wall and stuff?
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:40 am

Dragons are like living magic.

Dragon>everything
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:55 am

vICEryon > Dragons > everything

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:27 am

rincon wrote:Did LF ever find out about Bran's ability? I don't think anyone but the Starks (and Sam now) know.

Considering how super vigilant and cunning he is, he should have gone seeking the roots immediately after Bran uttered the Chaos is a Ladder line. Arya wasnt there in Winterfell at that time and he had easy access to Sansa. Should have asked her and found out.
In the end the show writers made it seem as if LF wasnt aware. Slightly lazy on their part. But its fine.   With Olenna also dying his role got reduced to merely standing beside Sansa, whispering stuff into her ear and ofc having wet thoughts about her lol. There was no point in LF surviving this season hence except may be for that Varys - LF reunion.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:03 am

Its really hard to make a leap from hearing a cool/spooky phrase (chaos is a ladder) to thinking that he has superpowers. After Bran said it, LF said something like "I think I understand you know", he surely thought that Bran was a bit like himself in that cunning type of thinking.

We now Bran has magic because we see it, and the Stark girls each got Bran telling them something about their past that would be impossible to know otherwise. Otherwise its a hard sell when some cripple, depressed looking kid, tells you he is omnipresent.

Magic doesn't exist for 99.9% of the people in Westeros.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:05 am

Its like how insane Arya sounds when she says that she wears people faces, or Jon saying the dead are coming (without proof), or at first with the existence of dragons.

Jon doesn't even tell people he has already died because probably they would all think he is extra crazy and tell him to stfu.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:01 am

Definitely gonna go into the final season blind. After reading about Littlefinger's fate a while back I thought I'd hate it - and I still do dislike how the Winterfell story was handled, it felt like they had a well written character that was an obstacle to their end game so they just fumbled with his character before removing him, sort of like with Stannis, that said I thought his final scene was good viewing. Not too bothered now.

Final scene :bow:

Also liked the little nods to different characters being reunited after a few seasons at the Dragon Pit meet. Good stuff. Better get the season in 2018. Overall the best season since the Oberyn one. Definitely.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:15 am

rincon wrote:Its really hard to make a leap from hearing a cool/spooky phrase (chaos is a ladder) to thinking that he has superpowers. After Bran said it, LF said something like "I think I understand you know", he surely thought that Bran was a bit like himself in that cunning type of thinking.

We now Bran has magic because we see it, and the Stark girls each got Bran telling them something about their past that would be impossible to know otherwise. Otherwise its a hard sell when some cripple, depressed looking kid, tells you he is omnipresent.

Magic doesn't exist for 99.9% of the people in Westeros.

But isnt that line like his own copyrighted material hehe. He should have at least suspected this kid in front of him knew something about him (may be from someone else who might happened to have told him?) The way Bran looked at him, he didnt look particularly friendly. LF always expects the worst possible in every situation he faces amirite. Sansa 'understood' Bran has visions. She doesnt know much beyond that about his powers. That much info would have sufficed for LF too to remain wary of the cripple actually.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:18 am

Did they just *bleep* cast the guy that played Viserys as *bleep* Rhaegar?? Mans looked exactly like how Viserys looked in S1 lmfao
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:19 am

its his copyright to us, because we see everything. LF really has no reason to think that Bran is a demigod. He was wary of him from that moment on, but no way should he think that Bran's has seen his entire life these past like 10 years.

Even if he thought he had visions, no one with visions is sharp enough to pinpoint specific moments and be clear about it. Melissandre is a boss and she gets like 50% wrong. Bran basically saw all the moments that LF has screwed the Starks. That's next level accuracy. It can't be predicted, LF just got a losing hand.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:20 am

Wait it's different actor

Mans looked exactly like Viserys GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 28 Rsz_bxwwlz0_1
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:22 am

LeVersacci wrote:Did they just *bleep* cast the guy that played Viserys as *bleep* Rhaegar?? Mans looked exactly like how Viserys looked in S1 lmfao

if its not then they are unbelievably similar lol
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:31 am

Yea disappointed over the selection of the actor. Didnt exactly look like the great Rhaegar Targaryan to me. Should have cast someone a lot more handsome. After all fans have been waiting to know how the fcker actually looked like for all these years. lol

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:39 am

Firenze wrote:Definitely gonna go into the final season blind. After reading about Littlefinger's fate a while back I thought I'd hate it - and I still do dislike how the Winterfell story was handled, it felt like they had a well written character that was an obstacle to their end game so they just fumbled with his character before removing him, sort of like with Stannis, that said I thought his final scene was good viewing. Not too bothered now.

Final scene :bow:

Also liked the little nods to different characters being reunited after a few seasons at the Dragon Pit meet. Good stuff. Better get the season in 2018. Overall the best season since the Oberyn one. Definitely.

Nope, not the best season since Oberyn

Last season was better

Also, very disappointed with the actor they chose, should've been Chris Hemsworth not some gnarly faced pleb, looked as if they got the first extra that walked in

The LF scene was great, liked LF's acting, he was superb.

Dany and Jon f*cking rofl what did i tell y'all?

The war conference scene was amazing, great interactiond all aROUND

No Cleganebowl though?

Jon Sand doesn't really roll off the tongue

Jaimie finally doing something relevant since S3, my man was ruined by D&D

Great ending, i suppose Berric and Tormund died? Makes that whole 'last life thing, make it count' from DBeric useless now lmao

Overall, a 6/10 season, certainly not better than last season. S5 is the worst in the show

My chart

S4>S6>S2>S3>S1>S5
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:48 am

Also, that last scene was legit plagiarized from Wrath of the Lich King

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next