footyfan01
BarrileteCosmico
zigra
LeVersacci
M99
38 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 36 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:19 am

Jon’s look killed me man.

“You completely ruined horses for me” rofl

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 36 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Freeza Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:21 am

Seems like next week will be Jaime heavy. Can't wait. Let's hope he isn't killed off by Dany
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:28 am

Other than the dragon date the episode was pretty alright. Some reunions were really well done (Jorah and Sam being the highlight, liked Tyrion and Sansa as well, Bran waiting for Jaime for days Laughing ) and some were pretty meh (Sandor and Arya for instance). Setting the scene for the rest of the season.

Liked how Sansa was the only one to deal with logistics (feels very 'un-GOT' that every other character seems to have ignored it) and feel like there will be more to come with the dragons not eating (at first I thought the entire point of the dragon date was to find food, but then... ? ).

Jon has been talking the talk about putting bickering behind them to stand united, time to see if his parentage reveal means he can walk the walk one more time.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:41 am

Bran forgives Jaime and that’s going to be it imo, don’t see Dany going against Jon, Bran, Tyrion who will all speak on Jaime’s behalf.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:42 am

I finally found out today the tree they're always visiting is actually inside Winterfell Laughing Always wondered why they went out in the forrest to visit a tree. Must be hella dangerous.

__
You didn't like the dragon riding? Thought it was some of the most incredible thing they've done visually yet.

Loved how Rhaegal bonded with Jon and that look he gave him.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:44 am

The Dragons not eating could also be mourning the recent loss of Viserion.

That's my personal experience from losing someone close to me. It causes you to lose your appetite.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:04 am

Damn I missed this show so much. :bow:

"You gave your crown to save your people. Would she do the same?"

So they are setting up Daenary's as the ultimate villain for the endgame after white walkers are defeated and cersei is taken care of?

From what I know of Daenary's in these last seven seasons, there's no way she's giving up the throne. Her whole fucking story and character is hinged around being the queen.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:00 am

Damn that was a cool episode and a great opener.

Bronn killed me with that "This fucking family" when Qyburn shows him the crossbow.

Everything was on point. The pacing was great. Good to see Arya recovering her humanity, Bran adjusted to his powers and acting on them, all the reunions, etc.

That White Walker symbol with the Umber boy was creepy as hell. Tormund and Berric are always great "I've always had blue eyes!!"
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:41 pm

Freeza wrote:

__
You didn't like the dragon riding? Thought it was some of the most incredible thing they've done visually yet.

Loved how Rhaegal bonded with Jon and that look he gave him.

It looked great, no question, but it felt a bit too YA for the GOT world, especially when these 2 characters are leaders planning a military offensive. You wouldn't think they had time to escape away on a date. And the pretense for the flight, I thought, was that they were going to solve the food for the dragons problem, but then it turned into a pleasure ride.

But this is nitpicking, I thought the episode was a good reintroduction into the Got world, and I'll admit I laughed at the dragons' looks towards Jon.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:08 pm

Good episode. Jon doing a how to train your dragon was pretty neat. Can't agree with the 'dragon date was pointless' opinion that's floating. We don't know that yet. So ya let's see. As BC said the whole point was to check on their lack of eating lol. But that's a minor flaw.
Sam for me stood out. Was really sad to see his heart broken but then delivered 'the' news like a boss lol.
Hound-arya reunion was shit. Arya- Jon reunion was brilliant. Been waiting for that for so fking long.

Anyway looking forward for Jaime and Bran Hehe.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:26 pm

That scene towards the end with the shrieking kid was brilliant :bow:
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:09 pm

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 36 E0cy3atmkds21
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:21 pm

The point of the dragon scene wasnt to solve the food problem. They went to check them for that reason, after that it was to show that Jon, a non-Targaryen from their POV, could ride a dragon. It's part of the Jon is a Targaryen build up that's gonna blow up in their face.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:24 pm

It was funny to me how they kept mentioning they have 2 full-grown dragons but almost nobody acknowledged the Night King has an undead one also Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:36 pm

The only one that knew about the dragon at that point was Bran, he pointed it out in that meeting iirc.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:48 pm

I did not like the dragon scene either. Felt something out of Twilight or HTTYD.

I loved the parallel to the pilot, the King's March soundtrack is GOAT. Only been used twice, season 1 episode 1 and season 8 episode 1. Episode ending with Jaime and Bran just like the pilot was just perfect. Waiting for an old friend Proud

There is no way Bronn is gonna go through with killing Tyrion and Jaime. He'll do some quip and tell Tyrion to better pay him double. At least I hope he does Laughing

Sam's acting when he heard about his father and brother's death was the absolute best part of the episode. The way his expression changed and completely broke down when he heard of his brother was masterful acting.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:50 pm

Best scene was definitely Bran and Jamie. When he said "waiting for an old friend" and then Jamie turned up. Probably the only hype moment of the episode.

The CGI on the dragons is really amazing. But still no Ghost Sad

Found the Dragon riding scene laughable.

Rest of the episode was basically fan service. Most of the reunions were meh other than Sam and Jon. Found it really weird Daenerys barely reacted to Viserion turning into a zombie dragon

That end scene. That symbol.

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 36 767fb6f1ef144a9eab044f54c1129798_Original
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:04 pm

I don't think it was the Targ sigil. Its the spiral the White Walkers have been using from the start of the series.

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 36 Game-of-Thrones-Dead-Horses-Spiral

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 36 S7

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 36 Gn-gift_guide_variable_c_2x

David Beinoff, Season 7 wrote:One of the things we learn from these cave paintings is that the White Walkers didn't come up with those images; they derived them from their creators, the Children of the Forest. These are patterns that have mystical significance for the children of the forest, we're not sure exactly what they signify, but spiral patterns are important in a lot of different cultures in our world, and it makes sense that they would be in this world as well.

As of season 7 the writers themselves did not know what the symbol meant. They just wanted a spiral pattern.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:07 pm

Damn. I was hoping Night king would be a secret targaryen ffs

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:07 pm

Yeah it's the spiral from that children of the forest ritual
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:12 pm

I guess that's a good point. Also Bran waiting for Jaime in the courtyard was hilarious lol
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:14 pm

Imagine using HTTYD as a negative. Any piece of visual entertainment need more of that masterpiece imo.

Also it was very needed to have that scene in order to make people believe Jon is Egg-on Targaryen
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:15 pm

RealGunner wrote:Damn. I was hoping Night king would be a secret targaryen ffs

I wouldn’t take their words as truth. Even if they knew they wouldn’t say in an interview before the show is over or it’s been confirmed in the show.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:18 pm

YESSS! RG I knew that symbol was important. Then looking at the symbol that was left in S1E1 (which house's sigil is that anyway hmm ) does this mean the white walkers are pointing out all the symbols of the houses of Westoros and that they are coming for them? hmm

The dragon date had me in lols, at first I was like okay, look at all this CGI money for showing off. The look the dragon gave Jon though was beautiful, like Glory pointed out above, it's all in the lead up to the reveal. I wonder, how Dany is going to take this news, and how Jon will break it to her.

Hound - Arya reunion was really meh indeed. Looks like Gendry will pin down Arya to a role as a lady Wink (won't be surprised if them two are sitting on the throne at the end of the series Laughing )

Similarly M99, I don't think at all Bronn will execute Jaime and Tyrion. When I saw that happening, I was like, oh, Cersei, that's your first mistake of the season, surely you cannot be this stupid. Or, does she have another devious plan in mind hmm

Sam's acting stole the show at the end. Jon, not too bad either.

Glad this is back! Very Happy
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:28 pm

Freeza wrote:Imagine using HTTYD as a negative. Any piece of visual entertainment need more of that masterpiece imo.

Also it was very needed to have that scene in order to make people believe Jon is Egg-on Targaryen

I like How To Train Your Dragon. I feel a romantic getaway was tonally way off especially when the situation is so precarious. I wish Jon escaped with Rhaegal out of desperation on Beyond The Wall ep last season but they needed to tie up the Benjen loose end. He still could have been saved by Rhaegal and Benjen both, feel it was a missed opportunity.

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 36 JeQhiHf
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:33 pm

RealGunner wrote:Damn. I was hoping Night king would be a secret targaryen ffs

We've seen the Night King as a human.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMZ9y4jahHs

Its the time of the First Men's arrival in Westeros, wayyyyy before the Targaryens. Wouldn't be surprised if he is a Stark ancestor.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next