Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by El Kommander on Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:41 am

rofl

They were elite for a few seasons but they will always be in out shadow. Even in thier most successful era we have eclipsed them with as many champions leagues. They always talk about us and we don't care. It has always been that way.

Love the fact that Neymar and his father used the club for more money and then scrammed. The club is on a downward trajectory and it's a sinking ship.

Hala Madrid!

El Kommander
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 78
Join date : 2016-09-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by BarcaLearning on Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:11 am

Love this poster Very Happy Hala Madrid! Hala El Kommander! Loool
avatar
BarcaLearning
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4144
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by svt on Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:08 am

I remember why I stopped posting here - this whole forum is just a big troll fest

svt
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by Dante on Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:54 am

@svt wrote:I remember why I stopped posting here - this whole forum is just a big troll fest


Most Humble & Respectful svt ,

this is outrageous. There are no excuses .

On behalf of the fine people of GL , i beg your Excellency to accept our deepest apologies for threads as stray such as this , present or past. Surely a Well Learned Sir such as your Culeness in the high matters of football discussions on the internets understands we could not be held accountable for the occasional rascal who attempts to jest in the name of the most Holier Than Thou of clubs.

I have the outmost belief that your Most Gracious of Tactical Connoisseurs will find it in himself to forgive this most unfortunate of threads . We make this fervent plea for you to continue gracing us with your Humble & Respectful presence and as for our part , we humbly promise to focus all our efforts in researching and answering the high matters of tactical conundrums and sporting enigmas . For trully , this will be our only hope against The Long White. Yes , it has cometh.

The White Success that never ends . Last time it lasted for 5 European Cups... Cules shuddered in their homes while the White King Di Stefano conquered Europe , taking one European Cup after the other. None believed the tales , but another White King is here once more. The Long White is upon us and against the White Talkers which tantalize our threads , there is no hope . We have been reckless trolls and a bantering people , such as we are , but the prophecies spoke of the Last Hero , who will fight against The White Talkers and end their tyranny in GL. We are not worthy , but GL is. So the fine people of GL shall seek for you to fight beside them , to the last if we must , always in the name of our Lord Lionel Messi and his Holier Than Thou House , FC Barcelona .

Més que un forum Molenation

_________________

Grazie Silvio . For everything
avatar
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5463
Join date : 2011-07-09
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by Myesyats on Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:09 am

tl;dr - trolling & spicy jokes is what makes this forum unique and superior to other boring ass websites

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Private
Posts : 6692
Join date : 2015-05-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by Mr Nick09 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:57 am

Neymar: " i wanted to dream bigger"

this is a tough day for all of espana we need to band together: Madridistas, cules, pateticos, valencistas, Jay Sevilla fans

_________________


Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 23987
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by BarcaLearning on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:02 am

Tbf, some of the Real fans have suffered long enough our domination and finally has the chance to get back at us a bit. Funny though they always say they won CL, although its only last season they actually beat us to the title for once. What was it, another 1 out of the last 10? Give them some joy after so long Very Happy Oh and winning the CL without actually beating us.

Although by the looks of things, it will just continue Sad
avatar
BarcaLearning
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4144
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by Myesyats on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:42 am

Correct version- Neymar: "I wanted to get more cash & be the best player on the team, not 3rd fiddle. I have a huge ego so I have to be most the important"

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Private
Posts : 6692
Join date : 2015-05-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by danyjr on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:43 am

Does me ploughing the OP's gf for €222m lead to people thinking I have a bigger dick than him?

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4146
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by Valkyrja on Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:03 am

@Myesyats wrote:Correct version- Neymar: "I wanted to get more cash & be the best player on the team, not 3rd fiddle. I have a huge ego so I have to be most the important"


why wouldn't he ?

_________________
avatar
Valkyrja
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 9954
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by iftikhar on Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:58 am

Dante

drunken :bow: :wub: rofl Proud
avatar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 7005
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by McLewis on Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:28 pm

Don't think they've done anything that says they're no longer elite imo. They're a fixture on the continent so they'll be back.

When you put a release clause that high on a player like Neymar, the furthest thing from mind is the possibility that someone will actually activate it. That PSG did, is extraordinary and I don't think that reflects poorly on Barca in any way.

_________________
avatar
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 9455
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:45 pm

It depends on what you mean by "elite".

If it's referring to the individual talent of their players, then I can tell you right now they're still elite, and they'll continue to be so as long as Messi is with them.

If it's referring to their place and brand in world football, then I can tell you right now it has taken a serious and earth-shattering hit.

There's a difference between selling a want-away player who's not needed and selling a leading figure and a cornerstone of your jigsaw.

They have just let go of one of their most important player, who just so happens to be a top 3 in the world. Right there, that immediately puts them in the second tier of Europe's elites. By that I mean, Teams who are powerful enough to gun for all the trophies available, but can't hold on to their best players when somebody comes knocking.

To me, that's the difference between first and second tier elites. You're either a feared team who can't be messed with and torch whoever comes after your best players. Or, you're one of those teams who are strong enough to beat any team in the world, but becomes powerless when a club with a bottomless pit of cash comes to your office and slaps 100m something on your forehead and takes one of your best players away.

They're no longer that. But football-wise, they're still pretty much elite to their very core. I expect them to stay strong (and even become stronger) if they spend their 220m wisely. They'll still be gunning for all the trophies out there.

_________________
•Proud fan of the biggest and most prestigious club in the world•
El Rey de Europa
avatar
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 2379
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by Winter is Coming on Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:06 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:It depends on what you mean by "elite".

If it's referring to the individual talent of their players, then I can tell you right now they're still elite, and they'll continue to be so as long as Messi is with them.

If it's referring to their place and brand in world football, then I can tell you right now it has taken a serious and earth-shattering hit.

There's a difference between selling a want-away player who's not needed and selling a leading figure and a cornerstone of your jigsaw.

They have just let go of one of their most important player, who just so happens to be a top 3 in the world. Right there, that immediately puts them in the second tier of Europe's elites. By that I mean, Teams who are powerful enough to gun for all the trophies available, but can't hold on to their best players when somebody comes knocking.

To me, that's the difference between first and second tier elites. You're either a feared team who can't be messed with and torch whoever comes after your best players. Or, you're one of those teams who are strong enough to beat any team in the world, but becomes powerless when a club with a bottomless pit of cash comes to your office and slaps 100m something on your forehead and takes one of your best players away.

They're no longer that. But football-wise, they're still pretty much elite to their very core. I expect them to stay strong (and even become stronger) if they spend their 220m wisely. They'll still be gunning for all the trophies out there.

I'm sorry, but I disagree here. PSG have tried to get Neymar and Messi from us before (as have City) and we told them to f off, the reality here is Neymar had all the cards in his hands (there is a lot of reports saying he approached PSG and then showed us their offer and asked if we could give him that or something better, else he was going to leave) and we had two options either make him the main man of Barcelona + highest paid player or let him go. By making him the main man we would then unsettle Messi and he and his papi would want a better deal or he'd leave. At the end we choose to stick with Messi.

So essentially it's Neymar himself who wanted out since his demands if met by us would unsettle the other superstar on the team. At the end it was one over the other, as Cruyff warned, "You can't have two captains on the same ship." and this is what led to his departure.

_________________

"I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi

Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3363
Join date : 2013-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by Interman on Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:34 pm

Barca probably thought, no club would ever be able to pay 222m euro for Neymar. A few years ago Messi's buy-out clause was similar. they were smart to raise to 1 billion euros.

In this climate, Neymar is easily a 1 billion euro player, only CR7 and Messi in the same tier. PSG realized this and pounced on it. Barca made the wrong mistake of setting it so ''low''. 222m euro was quite low, I'd imagine PSG were thinking.

I think it was more a mistake on their thinking of the future, than them not beling elite anymore.

But losing a player like Neymar to Paris, with the French splashing a world record 222m euros on him, definitely lowers Barca brand value, and highens the brand value of PSG.
.
With this transfer, the world now kinda think of PSG as a bigger, more powerful club than Barca. So in this sense, yes they are losing elite status although in minor way.

This transfer is quite amazing because so far, none of the nouve riche clubs have been able to sign a true superstar away from the elite clubs. Chelsea, City, Monaco, etc. reached the top by buying talented players from lower clubs, or players elite clubs wanted to sell. PSG has manged to sign a true superstar from one of the elite clubs whom were made to look completely powerless in the situation.

Interman
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 85
Join date : 2017-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by Andrew on Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:12 pm

Hype goes away fast, especially if the results aren't good.

If Barcelona get on their feet and start winning again while PSG continue not doing anything significant in Europe, who will care to remember this transfer ? The majority of the fans will definitely not.

Btw, Pogba's transfer feels like it happened a century ago.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 1144
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by zenmaster on Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:10 am

@Myesyats wrote:Correct version- Neymar: "I wanted to get more cash & be the best player on the team, not 3rd fiddle. I have a huge ego so I have to be most the important"

Neymar have every right to earn money and be a star. He got what he wanted , why would he say no to this ?

_________________
no clinging no resisting

avatar
zenmaster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 432
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by Dante on Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:58 am

That some of you guys take this thread seriously ??

What's up with that ?

_________________

Grazie Silvio . For everything
avatar
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5463
Join date : 2011-07-09
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by sportsczy on Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:14 am

It took Barca 100 years to try and overcome their provincial and small club mentality... both club and players acted like the typical nouveau rich in order to get themselves noticed. Even though they finally established themselves with the many small minded people around the world, they continued to try too hard. Now that they got "Figo'd" again, their inferiority complex is laid bare in front of the world. It's OK. It only took you 100 years last time... I'm confident that you can re-conquer the plebs in 50 years or so this time around.

Dominance Laughing You have a nice 5-6 year run and been our bitches for the rest of your "storied" history. Pack dogs will always be pack dogs. So you should feel right at home licking our boots again.


Last edited by sportsczy on Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
avatar
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 15227
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by Dante on Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:36 am

:bow:

Seeing as this summer is the turn point which marks a return to the proper timeline and the aberation that's been the past years is finally being corrected , i have a suggestion to make to Barcelona now that MSN is gone .

Just like in past time of need Milan was there for you , we are ready to do so again , despite the deep mutual respect Milan and Real enjoy . It's been a while now but remember when we sold you Kluivert , a rising star in football ? Accept our gift once more and cushion the blow of Neymar .

Niang-Suarez-Messi

MSN resta!

_________________

Grazie Silvio . For everything
avatar
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5463
Join date : 2011-07-09
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:58 am

@sportsczy wrote:It took Barca 100 years to try and overcome their provincial and small club mentality... both club and players acted like the typical nouveau rich in order to get themselves noticed. Even though they finally established themselves with the many small minded people around the world, they continued to try too hard. Now that they got "Figo'd" again, their inferiority complex is laid bare in front of the world. It's OK. It only took you 100 years last time... I'm confident that you can re-conquer the plebs in 50 years or so this time around.

Dominance Laughing You have a nice 5-6 year run and been our bitches for the rest of your "storied" history. Pack dogs will always be pack dogs. So you should feel right at home licking our boots again.

I can't really stress this enough, but the moment you declare yourself a Madrid fan, there are certain rules you must abide by even if other fans insult you. One of which is respect.

Whatever you feel about Barcelona, there's really no need to insult them and belittle their history.

Whether we like it or not, Barcelona is one of the biggest clubs in the world and they have done enough to earn the respect of everybody in world football.

I have no doubt that you're one of the most knowledgeable posters on GL, but please remember that white flag every time you think about insulting another club. Whatever you do, it'll circle back to Madrid and affect its reputation, good or bad. So let's make sure we are nice enough to honor the legend that is Real Madrid.



_________________
•Proud fan of the biggest and most prestigious club in the world•
El Rey de Europa
avatar
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 2379
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by sportsczy on Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:27 am

Actually, it's a god given right to all Madrid fans to belittle Barca and everything Barca... it's a requirement actually Laughing This is tame. You should hear Madrid fans from Madrid and in Spain talk about Barca.

_________________
avatar
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 15227
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by Dante on Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:41 am

literally cringed throughout his holier than thou post

Lad has the nerve to patronize a veteran fan on how and what it means to be a Real fan , expecting him to also act holier than thou whilst masquerading it as a subtle plea of mandatory honoring thy club , because apparently to be a proper Real fan you need to be a paragon of football savoir vivre . Someone tell the lads in Madrid quick! rofl

_________________

Grazie Silvio . For everything
avatar
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5463
Join date : 2011-07-09
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:56 am

@Dante wrote:literally cringed throughout his holier than thou post

Lad has the nerve to patronize a veteran fan on how and what it means to be a Real fan , expecting him to also act holier than thou whilst masquerading it as a subtle plea of mandatory honoring thy club , because apparently to be a proper Real fan you need to be a paragon of football savoir vivre . Someone tell the lads in Madrid quick! rofl

Save some cringe for later, because I promise you, this won't be the last time you see me defend Barcelona (or any other club) when a Madrid fan disrespect them.

_________________
•Proud fan of the biggest and most prestigious club in the world•
El Rey de Europa
avatar
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 2379
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by sportsczy on Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:58 am

stop being patronizing DoC. You can be a fan however you see fit and others can do the same.

_________________
avatar
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 15227
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by Dante on Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:05 am

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:
@Dante wrote:literally cringed throughout his holier than thou post

Lad has the nerve to patronize a veteran fan on how and what it means to be a Real fan , expecting him to also act holier than thou whilst masquerading it as a subtle plea of mandatory honoring thy club , because apparently to be a proper Real fan you need to be a paragon of football savoir vivre . Someone tell the lads in Madrid quick! rofl

Save some cringe for later, because I promise you, this won't be the last time you see me defend Barcelona (or any other club) when a Madrid fan disrespect them.


Right.

rofl

_________________

Grazie Silvio . For everything
avatar
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5463
Join date : 2011-07-09
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum