2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Glory on Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:46 pm

@Casciavit wrote:

Aguero's injury record under Pep has actually been good. I believe he missed 7 games because of suspension, not because of injuries.

Kelechi isn't better than what City have. He's a poacher and that all he has to his game. I think he's good but if he lacks the skillset of a CF for Pep's football, why should he start?

The first products of City's youth revamp have come out and we are seeing the talent in Diaz, Foden, and Sancho, but those guys are 17 and are not ready to start ahead of who City currently has.

Pep has pressure to win trophies, and you don't win trophies starting 17 year olds. Why should they play if they lack the quality? That's a loser mentality. Fact is, young players only start if there's a lack of depth or if there's a lack of quality ahead of them, something that hasn't applied to City this season.

Sancho wants to leave, but the club is convincing him to stay. Pep isn't forcing him out. He wants out. I don't blame him though. Too much quality ahead of him and it's not like they're old players, they're only a few years older than him and were bought for big money so they will naturally start ahead of him.




Again, I never said Kelechi deserves to start or anything. The kid is only like 20. And I dont think he is leaving because he want be a starter either (or is it, I havent studied the story much, so pls correct me if i am wrong there)
If you look at their 11 he has a still very young and very 'to prove' Jesus in front of him. Aguero even if he is fit, is in decline and has like 1 more season at City. And if I remember correctly he was only 2nd choice last season.

So, like I said, had Pep wanted him, he would have stayed probably. Would have augured well for the fact that they are competing on multiple fronts. Still he is been binned without even giving enough chance to prove himself.

As far as their youth setup is concerned, its kind of early to call now. So may be you are right. Considering Bernardo Silva is a replacement for David Silva and Jesus is going to replace Aguero, there are spots for the kids. At 17, it could be just the case of Sancho being a spoilt egg and a tad too ambitious. But if Pep continues to splash cash on 21-22 year olds in this window or the next ignoring these Diaz's and Fodden's coming out of their academy, well, then what I am saying here right now would turn out true.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 5195
Join date : 2013-07-18

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by RealGunner on Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:03 pm

Wesley Sneijder has agreed a deal in principle to join Ligue 1 side Nice!
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 74548
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Glory on Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:19 pm

@Casciavit wrote:Also this myth that United fans are parading around:

"Mou starts youth"



He started a bunch of youth products in the last game of the season, when it was clear United weren't going to make it in the top 4, so they focused all their efforts on the EL final. Matchday 38.

Before that, only one 'new' name was starting and that was in the last few matches of the season, Tuanzebe. Correct me if I'm wrong, he only started because United were having an injury crisis, no?

Other than that, he did not give the youth much chance. In fact, he was starting his strongest lineup in the EL group stages against Russian and Ukrainian farmers. rofl

He was also starting his strongest lineup in that fodder competition aka the league cup. City got knocked out in the first round by United but look at their respective lineups.

De Gea; Valencia, Rojo, Blind, Shaw; Carrick, Herrera, Rashford, Pogba, Mata; Ibrahimovic

Caballero; Maffeo, Otamendi, Kompany, Clichy; Fernando, Aleix Garcia, Nolito, Navas, Sane; Kelechi

So United fans need to tell me where was the youth Mou gave a chance throughout the season? I have to give it to Mourinho though. Claim he gives youth a chance by playing them in an irrelevant last game of the season, but the fahcts show he didn't really give them much of a chance.


And lol, who is talking about that inconsequential last league game? I wasnt.
Mourinho doesnt need to give a lot of opportunity to a lot of youth to prove himself, because this time last year, people on here as well as elsewhere were saying  Rashford will be out of the club soon.

Anyway, Mou is only 2nd behind Koeman in terms of minutes handed to u20 players last season (1924 minutes, Rashford, Tuanzebe, Fosu Mensah and McTominay and those bunch of scrubs and Angel Gomes who played against Palace) and the great Pep is 3rd giving a whopping 464 minutes to his teenagers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4521652/Chelsea-failed-play-single-teenager-season.html

Now, all those might be different circumstances (like, the Zlatan injury for example) and facts surely are misleading upto an extent. Also I myself wasnt happy at all how he handled tfm last season. But even still, Mou did decent considering his infamous past record, much much better than Pep at the very least.

Btw, that EFL cup match you were referring to between city and united, you got to check the context too before posting stuff mate. That match happened just days after Chelsea mauled us in the league 4 to nothing. He started the same team that started against city because he was upset with the players. He wanted them to apologize to the fans for that performance by beating our city rivals.

EDIT: Ok I didnt really notice your 'new names' part. New names if we count out the Palace game, were Tuanzebe and McTominay. Both of them plus Demetri Mitchell are added to the senior team this new season and Andreas Pereira who is also a youth product (21 now tho, not a teenager) is in the senior team. Fosu Mensah might go out on loan. Even still, if we also count out Pogba, there will be like 6 academy players in the 1st team. Tell me how many City has?
avatar
Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 5195
Join date : 2013-07-18
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Ganso on Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:54 pm

There is going to be a final meeting between pool and Barça tomorrow for Cou according to Sport, and Uol (here from Brazil) are saying that 100m euros will be enough to get him. Mundo deportivo say it could be done by Wednesday

What the hell, don't let him go Klopp
avatar
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15489
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Mr Nick09 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:22 am

Barca have 222 mil in hands and pool will just ask for 100 mil euros?

I can't believe this for a moment

_________________


Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 23997
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Luca on Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:18 am

@Mr Nick09 wrote:Barca have 222 mil in hands and pool will just ask for 100 mil euros?

I can't believe this for a moment


Just 100M? I don't think Barca receiving these funds means theyre going to get fleeced. 100M for Coutinho is already in that area in my opinion.

Luca
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 9271
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Kaladin on Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:27 am

Why is no one talking about the fact that he is left footed RW? And Barca want him on the LW?

I mean we constantly talk about the Barca board being stupid but surely if you're going to shell that amount, its going to at least be someone with substantial experience for the position you're filling.
avatar
Kaladin
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 20339
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Ganso on Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:38 am

ES wrote:Why is no one talking about the fact that he is left footed RW? And Barca want him on the LW?

I mean we constantly talk about the Barca board being stupid but surely if you're going to shell that amount, its going to at least be someone with substantial experience for the position you're filling.
I guess you are talking about Dembele. He has a really good right foot tbh. But yeah, I think it would be a weird move replacing Neymar with Dembele/Dybala/Greasemann
avatar
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15489
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Kick on Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:55 am

Mirror are reporting we're closing in on Drinkwater and are set to offer 60m pounds for VVD.

_________________


#Carefree #kaspbffl
avatar
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 33276
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Ganso on Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:36 am

Le parisien and paris united saying Mbappe has agreed to move to psg and an official offer is expected this week Shocked
avatar
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15489
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Luca on Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:57 am

In before Neymar becomes second fiddle to Mbappe. They would have an absolutely disgusting team if that happens.

Neymar is one thing but then how could they also turn around and sign Mbappe? Isn't that 380-400M? Plus both of those players wages. No club has spent that in one window. Let alone on two players.

Luca
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 9271
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Mr Nick09 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:20 am

Dembele himself is confused as to which foot to use lol, he can play left or right, and he can use his left and right foot the same. It's kind of insane actually

_________________


Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 23997
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Mr Nick09 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:26 am

@Ganso wrote:Le parisien and paris united saying Mbappe has agreed to move to psg and an official offer is expected this week Shocked
Mbappe and his family are talking to multiple clubs, actually his dad is. They are not closing any door, but the story is that the priority for his dad is guaranteed playtime week in and week out (this is why you see the story about Bale out or one of the BBC at least, cause he wants guaranteed time).

Problem for PSG is that Monaco doesn't even want to talk to PSG about a deal. They do not want to sell to Paris, and they are not budging.

Mbappe-Ronaldo-Isco + benzema off the bench, this is the future, and when CR returns to England next year, we sign the star of the world cup, maybe Dybala is he becomes good and wins Messi a world cup

_________________


Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 23997
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by windkick on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:22 am

ES wrote:Why is no one talking about the fact that he is left footed RW? And Barca want him on the LW?

I mean we constantly talk about the Barca board being stupid but surely if you're going to shell that amount, its going to at least be someone with substantial experience for the position you're filling.


I think they see him as a midfield option, wit this more than likely being Iniesta's last season with us (last season of his contract, and he to this point is refusing to sign an extension). We are trying to get Coutinho to play in midfield and Dembele or another forward to play on the left wing.

_________________
Luis Suárez : "Nutmegs were my only option."
avatar
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 5875
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Casciavit on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:27 am

ES wrote:Why is no one talking about the fact that he is left footed RW? And Barca want him on the LW?

I mean we constantly talk about the Barca board being stupid but surely if you're going to shell that amount, its going to at least be someone with substantial experience for the position you're filling.


Been seeing you say this lately, can you go into further detail as to why you 'can't' play outside wingers?

_________________
avatar
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 6210
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Casciavit on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:32 am

Dembele has more to his game than Mbappe. He's a better dribbler + better passer, and is more versatile. He's also had 1.5-2 seasons of top level football under his belt compared to Mbappe who has a half season, no?


_________________
avatar
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 6210
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Mr Nick09 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:35 pm

@Casciavit wrote:Dembele has more to his game than Mbappe. He's a better dribbler + better passer, and is more versatile. He's also had 1.5-2 seasons of top level football under his belt compared to Mbappe who has a half season, no?

mbappe has better IQ though, his decision making on the pitch is superior and he is a great finisher. They both have strength and weaknesses but the difference in IQ is why I think Mbappe is better

_________________


Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 23997
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by chad4401 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:49 pm

Lmao reads rate "IQ" remember love for low IQ isco and hate for high IQ kroos oh wait kroos is unskilled and not athletic who cares about IQ iscodisco? Right Laughing, never stop making up dem convenient excuses.

This forum

_________________
avatar
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 4046
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Freeza on Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:58 pm

Has anyone ever hated on Kroos?

_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 15133
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Luca on Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:06 pm

I'm sure chad has a list of comments directed against players he likes organized by player, GL user, date and time.

Luca
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 9271
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Doc on Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:59 pm

@Freeza wrote:Has anyone ever hated on Kroos?

Probably Hans.

_________________
avatar
Doc
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 9372
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by sportsczy on Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:19 pm

Dembele does not have better technique than Mbappe. Mbappe is playing simple right now because he's new. If you've watched him before this past year, you know he's unbelievably gifted technically.

I think a lot of it will come out this season as he now knows he's that good and he belongs at this level.

_________________
avatar
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 15231
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Kaladin on Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:38 pm

Mourinho flirting with Bale

José Mourinho: "If Bale plays tomorrow it means Madrid want him. If not, then we'll be waiting for him on the other side." #MUFC
avatar
Kaladin
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 20339
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by halamadrid2 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:12 pm

Bale will start 100%, hate to dissapoint Mou in this instance
avatar
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 18362
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by B-Mac on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:10 pm

Mourinho rarely talks about other players he is linked with hmm trying to get Bale to ask to leave?
avatar
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 8808
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Freeza on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:12 pm

Mou finally paying his hack job back by helping us offloading that scrub.

_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 15133
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017/18 Summer Transfer Rumors Mk. I

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum