BREAKING: Mbappe to PSG

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: BREAKING: Mbappe to PSG

Post by sportsczy on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:51 pm

Well we paid 90 mil for James Rodriguez when he had REALLY done nothing.  Vinicius, Illaramendi, etc.

sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:58 pm

alright alright alright

Sportsczy you seriously must have misunderstood me somewhere surely? I have not the slightest issue what Real pays for Mbappe , or PSG for that matter. And although i do sincerely have respect for an ancient fan like you , i don't really need to be reminded of my club's history. Wish it never changed tbh and that we splashed endlessly like that . I am very proud of what Berlusconi did for Milan and i can't care less what it did to the football economy. lol

Many of my favorite players , my football upbringing , so many great memories , all are the result of this extravaggant spending , and i am very glad for it. Hope "Serie A fans" cleared this up for you.

My only issue with Mbappe's case , if i can really call it an issue? , like i give a fk  rofl , is the reported 12m a season. And even there , i said it should be worth it for PSG , for their reasons. Other than that , i find it extremely premature for an 18 year old to be earning such money ; even after an absolutely exceptional season , which i've pointed out more than once , i just believe he doesn't have the credentials for it(yet). But allow me to repeat myself to the death here , for PSG , who has the money and all the reasons in the world to be after top French talent , yes them should do it i see no wrong with it , or Mbappe preffering the PSG contract over others.

Can you please read carefully the above? Can you please understand i never said anything different about , say Neymar's transfer etc etc? Why would i say anything else about Mbappe? I just don't find the 12m reasonable having one season of football no matter how great (and it's not just me btw). Other than that , if i were M-Babe of course i would do the same and want the best money . In any case let's not pretend 6-7m does not pass up as high wages for an 18 year old. As far as Real is concerned , i totally understand if they don't want to pay like that for an 18 year old , doesn't even require explaining.

Grazie Silvio . For everything
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:24 pm

Dante man... not talking about you. Just seen some serie A fans bemoan the "unreasonable" cost of football these days. I'm just reminding them that Serie A was in the 90s was EPL is today in terms of finances.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Post by vanDEEZ on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:35 pm

No league has had the relative spending that the EPL has now a days. EPL relegation candidates are earning more (and spending more) in TV revenue than most top clubs in all of the top European leagues.

The EPL has spent over a billion pounds and the window isn't even over. Meanwhile PSG are trying to spend half a billion by themselves. This is not "normal"

I am getting the feeling that people want to compare this current crop of finances with past generations. The market has been so bastardized by inflation over the past year it's beyond recognition. Breaking the world record transfer fee by this degree within a year has never happened before.
vanDEEZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:41 pm

@sportsczy wrote:Dante man... not talking about you.  Just seen some serie A fans bemoan the "unreasonable" cost of football these days.  I'm just reminding them that Serie A was in the 90s was EPL is today in terms of finances.

ah i am sincerely sorry then , thought it was something i must have said during my earlier posts Laughing

tbh i've also noticed similar things from Serie A fans on the internets , and of course even from Milan fans .. but i personally just overlook it , not really worth it . It's like something you said earlier , i kinda see it that way too , they are not really assesing the situation as a whole so meh whatever

Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:57 pm

If a club is willing to pay the second highest transfer fee ever at $180 million, which is just short of the $200 million that was spent only 2 weeks ago by the exact same club, then its reasonable to conclude said player will be getting an astronomical salary. Regardless of his age or achievements.

$12 million net wages is more than reasonable for a player with a transfer fee of $180 million. If he's not worth the $12 million then why the heck would you be paying $180 million for him in the first place?

First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:01 pm

We paid 60mill for James which was the last time we went and bought flavour of the months. Perhaps that buy opened Perez's eyes and he could see clearly for once in his RM tenure. Illarra was 30mill, he had high expectations similar to Isco who was bought for around the same. It didn't work out for one reason or the other. Poverty players like Sigurdson is going for 50mill nowadays, that's the equivalent of getting Parejo for that much. As I said such amount were unheard of for a good ten years before these mindeless clubs started dropping absurd money on average players and mindboggling amounts on talents. Pass!!!
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:13 pm

It was 90 mil euros Hala.  He earned all his bonuses unfortunately.  93 mil to be exact all said.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:15 pm

@juve_gigi wrote:If a club is willing to pay the second highest transfer fee ever at $180 million, which is just short of the $200 million that was spent only 2 weeks ago by the exact same club, then its reasonable to conclude said player will be getting an astronomical salary. Regardless of his age or achievements.

$12 million net wages is more than reasonable for a player with a transfer fee of $180 million. If he's not worth the $12 million then why the heck would you be paying $180 million for him in the first place?

now that Arsenal-Leicester main event is over Proud

Look , the reasoning about the correlation of fee and wages is not wrong , in almost every other case i would definitely agree with that. In fact had Mbappe been at least 21-22 , at least somewhat seasoned , i'd never bring his wages up , for 12m and what not.

I can get to there , can you just take a moment and understand he is JUST 18 years old? With only just one season of professional football.

The lad is a literal and metaphorical virgin , his gf might leave him tomorrow and he gets depressed , how will that 12m look then? Just saying , all sorts of things might happen at this delicate age since he is not established yet , or maybe his growth doesn't go as expected , you never know . PSG has money , it's not an issue for them , but for the rest it's not some perfectly normal matter for an 18 year old to be THAT highly paid . Would 6-7-8m not pass as high wages for an 18 year old , come on now?

Now as to why would you pay 180m and not be willing to pay 12m wages , well it could be many reasons. For starters , maybe to relief at least some sort of pressure off his shoulders , especially after such a highly expensive transfer. Maybe to encourage him with the carrot to work his way to get more money as soon as possible , instead of him getting it immediately and risk losing focus in the near future , after a few years of pay check.

etc etc whatever the case , i don't necessarily disagree with this at all , BC brought it up earlier too and i understood what he meant , however please remember his age , because all of this mega-transfer-case is based upon the exceptional fact he is 18. 18 years old. If it's a rule high fee , high wage , then surely there must be an exception to this rule? Might as well be Mbappe?

I am saying , just because PSG has all the money and reasons to do it , doesn't mean it's totally reasonable thing to do. It's reasonable for PSG. I am not sure why i am even trying to explain why even Real Madrid wouldn't be cool with paying an 18 year old 12m a season but whatever.

Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:28 pm

I've noticed that a lot of people on here disregard the actual sum of the transfer, because the top transfers in football have historically increased by large amounts with each record signing. I do think the spending has reached a pretty ridiculous level at this point, and I don't believe I'm being hypocritical in saying so.

I mean, if the next record signing involves a sum in the 500-600m euro range, I think it would be crazy to justify it by pointing towards the fact that these record signing have traditionally been around double of what the previous record was. You'd think it would even out at some point. Transfer records in the past could be explained by a stronger world economy compared to previous years, but the world economy has definitely not improved since Bale's transfer record.

Then again, we're talking about oil sheiks and exploitation of fair play rules regarding transfers, and considering those circumstances, I suppose no sum is too outrageous.

Last edited by Thimmy on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:31 pm

Just remembered Madrid payed 45m for Vince rofl

Crazy era
Kaladin
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi on Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:35 am

PSG agree Mbappe deal as dream £370m partnership nears
Date published: Friday 11th August 2017 11:53

Paris Saint-Germain are on the verge of making Kylian Mbappe the second most expensive player of all time, as they edge closer to a £168million deal – taking their overall spending this month to near £370million.

Spanish journal Marca and their French counterparts L’Equipe are reporting that the deal is done, with both clubs exchanging documentation to finalise the signing, before an announcement can be made.

It is understood that Mbappe will earn £200,000-a-week, which will give the Frenchman an annual salary close to £11million.

For much of the summer the 18-year-old has been linked heavily with a move to Real Madrid, but Marca believe Mbappe’s father had a big say in his son choosing to remain in his home nation.

Having spent £198million on Brazil star Neymar only last week, the touted fee for Mbappe would mean that PSG would have the most expensive forward partnership ever, and one that is sure to terrify many defences.

The question around financial fair play and the French club is sure to be put back into the spotlight, however, having only made £15million in player sales so far.

First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Interman on Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:49 am

@vanDEEZ wrote:No league has had the relative spending that the EPL has now a days. EPL relegation candidates are earning more (and spending more) in TV revenue than most top clubs in all of the top European leagues.

The EPL has spent over a billion pounds and the window isn't even over. Meanwhile PSG are trying to spend half a billion by themselves. This is not "normal"

I am getting the feeling that people want to compare this current crop of finances with past generations. The market has been so bastardized by inflation over the past year it's beyond recognition. Breaking the world record transfer fee by this degree within a year has never happened before.

the record to had to be broken no matter how much the next on the line cost, since that's the price Barca had set long time ago.

Besides, I think Neymar is worth more than 222m. His overall value is probably closer to 1 billion euros.

Pogba, Hazard, Mbappe while good players, don't have the same commercial value as Neymar.

Interman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:29 pm

I lol'd at "sensationalism at it's worst" tbh.

Sports talking a lot of sense in this thread but idk what that was. PSG is about to spend 400m on two players. Two. And pay them insanely high wages as well.

Everything is sensational about that and there is nothing wrong with acting like such. Just like spending 50m pounds on Walker or 36m on freaking paulinho
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:38 pm

According to Duncan Castles, Mbappe's transfer fee will exceed Neymar and he will become the most expensive transfer ever.

PSG will pay 190 mil base + bonus that will make the transfer fee exceed the 222mil PSG paid to barca

Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:55 pm

media sensationalism around making it sound like some affront to western civilization... that's what I mean CBarca.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:00 pm

That's fair enough
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:59 pm

Marca reporting

"Al-Khelaïfi se siente acorralado y ralentiza el fichaje de Mbappé"
(Al-Khelaifi is cornered and slows down the signing of Mbappe)

Apparently there are real issues re FFP and the signing may not happen!
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:10 pm

Marca is just regurgitating what l'Equipe is saying. They're moving a bunch of players out this week and want to finalize those before moving on Mbappe... so they have a better negotiating stance.

I think they're planting the uncertainty to help.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:21 am

Unless they move out their big players ala Verratti and Di Maria how are they planning to 'balance the books' here. Ofc the Chinese fools are always an option and they can send dross like Lucas and Pastore to the far east. But still I cant see them fully recouping, not even half n fact.
If this deal somehow happens, Uefa should just stop existing.. for real.
Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:59 pm

They're selling 5-6 players:  Aurier, Matuidi, Di Maria, Kyrchowiak, Jese and maybe even Pastore if needed.

The Neymar purchase was largely funded by a new Nike deal that will be announced at some point. So there's no need to do anything for that one. But they did need to make some sale for Mbappe... although Nike may cover some of that too.

Nike is getting into a significant partnership with PSG and its owners.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz on Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:14 am

Mbappe only has man city on his head - psg.
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning on Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:49 pm

So reading they are also getting Fabinho.... thats a bit overdoing it no? Some ppl will disagree, but its a bit like Bayern/Juve again happening. Buying best players from the biggest rival will mean PSG walk the league.
BarcaLearning
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vanDEEZ on Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:58 pm

I really can't see how he would go to City. I'm sure the funds are there but they already have so many forwards, how would that fit? Aguero surely wouldn't leave, right?
vanDEEZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 pm

Sterling would be gone. Mbappe-Gabriel Jesus-Aguero. Remember that Mbappe is really a winger who can score as opposed to a central striker. Besides, the way Pep wants to play, roles aren't that clearly defined.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:18 pm

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Kylian-mbappe-monaco-absent-a-metz/826342

Mbappe won't be in the squad facing Metz according to l'Equipe.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top