Ousmane Dembélé

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ousmane Dembélé

Post by sportsczy on Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:36 pm

@futbol wrote:Did not fully convince in his first start, time to give up on him IMO.
I think so too.  There's a better chance than there was before the game that he may turn into a flop.  Better to avoid all possible exposure here.

Sell him to Madrid for Bale and Benzema. I'll arrange transportation for everyone myself.

sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick on Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:50 am

@zenmaster wrote:He had no clue what to do , when he does not have the ball Laughing

There is a lot to learn.

Literally played 1 game as a starter, against Juve in an important UCL game. He doesn't even speak Spanish yet...you expected him to just slot in and instantly understand exactly how we play or how he needs to play to help the team? This isn't a video game where you can just add a player and from the start it's exactly perfect

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CM Pep on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:32 am

Typical knee-jerk by bashing his performance yesterday.

I saw 1-2 positive signs: willingness to track back - there was one instance where he actually tracked the runner all the way back to ensure a goal kick.

Also, he isn't too shy from taking people on. For the first goal, he held the ball up decently.

He was missing passes and could be making much better off the ball movement, but that comes with more training time. Even Valverde said as much.

Not sure what people were expecting. Did people really think he would come in and play like Neymar from the last 2 seasons? Lol does anybody remember Neymar under Tata? Nothing to write home about.

Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:52 am

@windkick wrote:
@zenmaster wrote:He had no clue what to do , when he does not have the ball Laughing

There is a lot to learn.

Literally played 1 game as a starter, against Juve in an important UCL game. He doesn't even speak Spanish yet...you expected him to just slot in and instantly understand exactly how we play or how he needs to play to help the team? This isn't a video game where you can just add a player and from the start it's exactly perfect

I think there is no harm pointing out the err he was making. Specially when you play at the absolutely high level of football. I am expecting this is the pressure on him , nothing more then that. Hope to see him syncing up with the team smoothly.

Best part is him tracking back by him speed and helping in the back line. Not his job but good to have,

zenmaster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:28 pm

He was bad, and that is a fact. He missed so many passes it was actually scary! I am not writing him off and I am aware of the circumstances he found himself in. But, I am also very aware we payed a sum that would buy a complete midlevel team and perhaps have enough to spare to pay Neymar Sr. loyalty fee as well.

So, yeah! It is early to judge, but he was bad for the sum we payed. I hope he gets better (and he should... He better be!)
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:37 pm

He is under pressure. Before he played vs top teams and he was great. Against R.Madrid he toyed with ramos and his passes were good. He is young and cant take pressure, he looks shy.every little thing affects him
Kebab
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:57 pm

@Kebab wrote:He is under pressure. Before he played vs top teams and he was great. Against R.Madrid he toyed with ramos and his passes were good. He is young and cant take pressure, he looks shy.every little thing affects him

What? He toyed with Ramos now? Razz

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:45 am

His passes were off but he had a couple great runs and he was tracking back really well. Also he played a big part in creation of the first goal.

Im liking what I seen from him for now. He needs to be more agressive with his runs though, his speed is insane and he needs to take advantage of that.

and the argument that he better perform at Neymar level from the start becauase of the amount that was spent on him,is ridiculous! its not his fault that the market is inflated right now.
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:16 pm

As if no 20 year old top talent ever has a bad game

Dembele will have lots of bad games

But you won't mind because he's *bleep* fantastic

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:27 am

So we might as well waited for a winter window for this one huh?
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:47 pm

The silver lining may be that he gets an early lesson about not taking his talent for granted. The bad part is that he won't be 100% for a year from this sort of thing although he can start playing in 4 months.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:26 pm

@eelir wrote:So we might as well waited for a winter window for this one huh?

To be fair, he probably would really started to show real form around there but now you're gonna have to wait longer. Much longer. Shame really, I know the patience of both of our clubs is essentially very small to almost non-existent so hopefully, fans would be a lil understanding when he gets back.

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick on Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:54 am

Sucks. Time for Deulofeu and Denis Suarez to shine until Dembele arrives.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:37 am

Deulofeu has really improved lately so I think it will not be a downgrade if he roams around the right flank, especially with Semedo behind, he'll enjoy himself.
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:02 am

I am hoping to see Deulofeu shine. Perfect opportunity to show the talent as he wont get any competition in next 4 month.

zenmaster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:33 pm

Dembélé was successfully operated today to repair a ruptured biceps femoris in his left leg and is expected to be out for 3.5 months. [fcb]

I feel so sorry for the kid...
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:39 pm

I hope it wont a re-occuring thing for him and just a one off injury, thats the most important thing. Would wait for his full definite recovery instead of rushing him back. Still a pretty raw young talent and they need to take good care of him to avoid injuries, etc.

This season its really up to all the players to do their best. Real still the better team, but with MEssi in this form, anything can happen.
BarcaLearning
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by NascarBarca on Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:58 pm

@sportsczy wrote:The silver lining may be that he gets an early lesson about not taking his talent for granted. The bad part is that he won't be 100% for a year from this sort of thing although he can start playing in 4 months.

Can probably write off this season for the most part tbh, won't really properly judge until next season.

NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:52 pm

He's back! cheers

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down