Andrew Robertson

Go down

Andrew Robertson

Post by iftikhar on Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:48 pm

Telegraph wrote:At 15, Robertson was told by Celtic he was too small and timid to play at the highest level, a crushing disappointment he says inspired him to prove the sceptics wrong.

Telegraph wrote:By 18, now working in the corporate department at Hampden Park while playing amateur football for Queen’s Park, Robertson was given a deadline by his supportive but realistic parents; secure a professional contract in the next 12 months or consider alternatives.

Telegraph wrote:Robertson could not have imagined it was his response to this childhood setback, thriving at Dundee United and Hull City, that caught Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp’s attention as much as his stylish full-back performances.

Sounds like a swell kind of lad. Molenation
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrew Robertson

Post by iftikhar on Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:28 pm

Liverpool Echo wrote:So rare have been the sightings, there was a danger Andy Robertson would soon be challenging the Loch Ness Monster as Scotland's most enigmatic native.
rofl
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:41 pm

rofl rofl rofl

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar on Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:55 pm

OK I know he has just played only handful of games, but he looks really good. He isn't going to be a world-beater, but he looks like a good, solid player.
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:03 am

Can we conclude that the LB position problem has been solved?
Robertson is a good, proper left back. High energy, good engine, decent crossing ability, and most of all not stupid in positioning and defending.

As far as I can see, he hasn't really had a bad game since coming in and taking over the starting position.

I like him.

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:30 pm

Yeah he’s been really good. Just hope klopp sticks with him now and off loads Moreno

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:32 pm

He's been okay. Nothing special or brilliant compared to Moreno on his usual form. He's a stop gap who will be found out imo.
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar on Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:30 pm

@Nishankly wrote:He's been okay. Nothing special or brilliant compared to Moreno on his usual form. He's a stop gap who will be found out imo.
I would put him in the same class as Clyne and Milner; noting special but quietly dependable. Yes, he will have the occasional *bleep*-ups which will be compensated by occasional stirring performances.
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:40 pm

I think its too soon to judge him. His performances have been more than satisfactory but there was a reason why he wasn't in Klopp plans for a long time until Moreno got injured. I just think we are getting ahead of ourselves. 8m is a huge bargain though.
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:03 pm

the more i see of this lad the more i like him. only 24yo and at 8mil he was for nothing. the way klopp likes to play means he will get cought out pushing forward sometimes but he is top class

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert on Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:58 pm

@Nishankly wrote:I think its too soon to judge him. His performances have been more than satisfactory but there was a reason why he wasn't in Klopp plans for a long time until Moreno got injured. I just think we are getting ahead of ourselves. 8m is a huge bargain though.

To be fair, Klopp has always shown since his time here that he doesn't always integrate players straight away until he's certain they have the energy and drive to play his style of play.

Since Robertson's came into the team he's been a relevation for us. He's defensively solid (I can't even remember the last time we had a LB that could defend apart from Fabio Injurilio) and he's always giving an option / always knows when to make a run / when not to go etc.

He still has a lot to do to improve in the final third but he's looking more and more settled in every time he plays.

Plus we've always won the league with a Scottish player in the team, so he's key for us next season. :whistle:

Red is the colour of extremes. It's the color of passionate love, seduction, violence, danger, anger, and adventure. The colour red is the color of energy, passion and action. This colour is a warm and positive color associated with our most physical needs and our will to survive.Red represents power and courage. The colour red is the basis of the traditional red power tie or red suit in the business, and the red carpet for celebrities and VIPs. Red's association with courage and bravery makes it a colour that is used often in national flags, on shields, and in achievement patches. Liverpool. Is. Red.
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar on Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:06 pm

@Red Alert wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:I think its too soon to judge him. His performances have been more than satisfactory but there was a reason why he wasn't in Klopp plans for a long time until Moreno got injured. I just think we are getting ahead of ourselves. 8m is a huge bargain though.

To be fair, Klopp has always shown since his time here that he doesn't always integrate players straight away until he's certain they have the energy and drive to play his style of play.

Since Robertson's came into the team he's been a relevation for us. He's defensively solid (I can't even remember the last time we had a LB that could defend apart from Fabio Injurilio) and he's always giving an option / always knows when to make a run / when not to go etc.

He still has a lot to do to improve in the final third but he's looking more and more settled in every time he plays.

Plus we've always won the league with a Scottish player in the team, so he's key for us next season. :whistle:
He was a sublime talent, still have fond memories of him.
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar on Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:48 pm

Andy Robertson has been named Scotland NT captain. Not sure if it's a permanent one or just for the upcoming games.

Anyways; so, so happy and proud of this lad.

Molenation
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:49 am

What a player he is becoming :bow:
So mature and have now started dribbling also. Already two assists this season Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc on Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:37 am

10/10 performance by Robertson last night. One of the most consistent players. Kept Mbappe in his pocket all night long and was always an option in the attack, delivered a perfect assist for Sturridge's header. Best LB in the league
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer on Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:44 pm

Our scouting team has been doing great lately. What a gem they have found here. I would clearly put him in Coutinhos bracket. Price to the value ratio. He has improved massively under Klopp and the most consistent player of Liverpool team.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down