Luca
CBarca
Ion Creanga
Harmonica
Kaladin
42 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Buffoon would sooner drag Juve and the Italy NT than retire - Page 2 Empty Re: Buffoon would sooner drag Juve and the Italy NT than retire

Post by Robespierre Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:39 am

Buffon is old 40 years ffs ,
I don't get what it is mistaken to say he is finished. He was missing even against Israel some days ago..Sczezsny would be upgrade now.
It is a fact , not my problem,  another GK 'd have saved the Casemiro shot on CL final for example. But I repeat it is not my problem.

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Buffoon would sooner drag Juve and the Italy NT than retire - Page 2 Empty Re: Buffoon would sooner drag Juve and the Italy NT than retire

Post by Andrew Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:46 am

As I said in the post above, if you judge Buffon only for his performances of the last 3 Septembers you will say he is finished. If you judge him for the last 3 Novembers and beyond you will say he is still one of the worlds best, even at this advanced age. He starts slow and he improves as the season progresses, this goes for the rest of the team aswel. Also, another keeper could have saved Casemiro's shot but he wouldn't have saved what Buffon saved in the games before.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:20 pm

Luca wrote:
ES wrote:Iker was the biggest symbol in Madrid for a while too

You guys are just petulant and can't see apart from a black and white tinted lens

How so? He was just named the best keeper in last season's edition in the CL. He rarely puts a foot wrong in a position where being mistake prone means an extremely short lived career, his longevity has not only demonstrated that he is not only not prone to making mistakes, but he is clearly committed to playing.

Buffon could've retired many seasons ago and gone down as one of the very best in his position. He plays because he plays well, he's the captain, and the leader.

Every time Juventus or Italy loses, the same comments arise. He is scapegoated because he's older, not because he's not a good player.

Notice how Barzagli escapes blame despite being 36? Or no one mentions rightbackraro, Benatia? Losing 3-0 is not the fault of one player, but 11, a manager and the squad as a whole.

Just because he was rooted on two perfect shots and helpless by one of the worst clearances by the worst player of both squads doesn't mean he's not great.

Also, maybe its lost on Milan fans, which I can understand why, but we, as Juve fans, do stand by our players and its easy with Buffon of all players.

Compadre, don't do this, you are starting to get tainted with the Juve juice, you were the most level headed.

Me being a Milan fan has nothing to do with this

I couldn't care less if Donnarumma started the NT or not

I don't 'scapegoat' Buffon, i call out everything wrong i see, from Ventura to Immobile to Parolo etc, this isn't an agenda, my posts are well documented

Everyone had a terrible game sure, its easy to pin it on the 11. But Buffon was the biggest culprit for me last night, i am not trying to rile up you guys, just what i saw. Perhaps you can even partly fault Allegri for putting Sturaro on for MDS. But just stop and consider for a seconds, had that been Neto, would you have said the same thing? Buffon has been on his last legs for a while, and its starting to show more and more. In what maybe Juve's most important season yet. I am just awestruck at the hush hush attitude whenever he doesn't perform. This is what happened in your first title winning season when he single handedly gave Milan a lifeline for messing around with ball, or what happened at the confederations cup in 2013. Or what happened against Bayern during Conte's era where Rummineggie said the same thing that i am saying, or what happened against Madrid 3 months ago, or what happened against Lazio at the Coppa Italia fouling Immobile like that. How far do you want this to go?

I legit don't hold any grudge or anything against him, you bought Shezney for a reason.

Just for once leave all bias and consider it logically: is this the man that will get you the CL final? Is this the captain that can resolve a locker team dispute? Is this the keeper that can elevate his defense and cover their mistakes?

Just mull it over
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:23 pm

Everyone has off days (Except DDG, already the best and most consistent GK we've ever seen). He was great when I saw him last season. Calma.

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:30 pm

ES wrote:

Just for once leave all bias and consider it logically: is this the man that will get you the CL final? Is this the captain that can resolve a locker team dispute? Is this the keeper that can elevate his defense and cover their mistakes?

Just mull it over

The answers: will help, yes and yes.

No Juve fan will ever admit that Buffon is the one dragging us down, for the simple reason that it's NOT TRUE.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:09 pm

I rarely ever watch Juventus' matches these days, but based on yesterday's match, Benatia was the worst player on the pitch from what I could tell. He seemed to be in the right place, at the right time for Messi's first, but for whatever reason he chose to cover his face instead of watching the ball as it went through his legs and inside the net. In other words, he effectively blocked Buffon's view of the ball and did little to actually stop Messi from taking the shot. He didn't get any better from that point on, either. He should count himself lucky that Messi was the only Barca player who took the initiative to run directly at their defence, as opposed to attempting to penetrate it with through passes.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:03 pm

ES wrote:
Luca wrote:
ES wrote:Iker was the biggest symbol in Madrid for a while too

You guys are just petulant and can't see apart from a black and white tinted lens

How so? He was just named the best keeper in last season's edition in the CL. He rarely puts a foot wrong in a position where being mistake prone means an extremely short lived career, his longevity has not only demonstrated that he is not only not prone to making mistakes, but he is clearly committed to playing.

Buffon could've retired many seasons ago and gone down as one of the very best in his position. He plays because he plays well, he's the captain, and the leader.

Every time Juventus or Italy loses, the same comments arise. He is scapegoated because he's older, not because he's not a good player.

Notice how Barzagli escapes blame despite being 36? Or no one mentions rightbackraro, Benatia? Losing 3-0 is not the fault of one player, but 11, a manager and the squad as a whole.

Just because he was rooted on two perfect shots and helpless by one of the worst clearances by the worst player of both squads doesn't mean he's not great.

Also, maybe its lost on Milan fans, which I can understand why, but we, as Juve fans, do stand by our players and its easy with Buffon of all players.

Compadre, don't do this, you are starting to get tainted with the Juve juice, you were the most level headed.

Me being a Milan fan has nothing to do with this

I couldn't care less if Donnarumma started the NT or not

I don't 'scapegoat' Buffon, i call out everything wrong i see, from Ventura to Immobile to Parolo etc, this isn't an agenda, my posts are well documented

Everyone had a terrible game sure, its easy to pin it on the 11. But Buffon was the biggest culprit for me last night, i am not trying to rile up you guys, just what i saw. Perhaps you can even partly fault Allegri for putting Sturaro on for MDS. But just stop and consider for a seconds, had that been Neto, would you have said the same thing? Buffon has been on his last legs for a while, and its starting to show more and more. In what maybe Juve's most important season yet. I am just awestruck at the hush hush attitude whenever he doesn't perform. This is what happened in your first title winning season when he single handedly gave Milan a lifeline for messing around with ball, or what happened at the confederations cup in 2013. Or what happened against Bayern during Conte's era where Rummineggie said the same thing that i am saying, or what happened against Madrid 3 months ago, or what happened against Lazio at the Coppa Italia fouling Immobile like that. How far do you want this to go?

I legit don't hold any grudge or anything against him, you bought Shezney for a reason.

Just mull it over

Brother es, forgive me for being a bit passionate after yesterday's defeat.

Buffon didn't have his best match but I feel there were several players who were worse.

While Buffon is not immune to criticism, he does deserve lenience, this will always be the case and of course is due to sentimentalism and because he is still a top keeper in my eyes. Lets say Sczesny saves one of those goals, is 2-0 really going to be more flattering?

But in any case, its neither here nor there. I respect your opinion and everyone is entitled to one. I don't think Buffon is finished, he made some great saves yesterday notwithstanding.

In the end, like Allegri said, three counters did us in and we defended poorly.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:10 pm

1st goal is a perfect shot
2nd goal not even Lev Yashin saves it
3rd goal is on Gigi

i don't think Sczezny would absolutely save Suarez rocket after the blocked FK
i don't think Sczezny would do an imperial outing when Suarez (or Messi idr) had a breakaway
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:55 pm

You are lying to yourself if you don't think Buffon is finished. He was finished the same year as Iker but since nobody in Serie Z challenges Jjuve he didn't get as exposed
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:06 pm

Nobody challenges Juve

Serie A won on only four points with record breaking seasons for Napoli and Roma

????

This must be Burger King because everyone has it their way

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:09 pm

Jjuve came back from being liie 12 or something points behind. There is no competition in that league
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:10 pm

Baseless point of view from someone who clearly knows *bleep* all about Juventus.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:20 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Jjuve came back from being liie 12 or something points behind. There is no competition in that league

That was the season before

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:18 pm

ES was right

He is finished
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:19 pm

still the best GK of all time, put some respect on his name
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:20 pm

ES and Robes Molenation
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:24 pm

Szczesny far superior

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Ahem

https://streamable.com/a9qxb
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:17 pm

Terrible miss.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:56 am

Finito, most overrated GKof all time, rated because he stayed with a bunch of crooks in Serie B. Failed them in '03, got carried by a stellar defense in '06, never showed up for Juve when they needed him most in CL (Bayern x2, Finals, etc). Dont get me started on his journalist wife. Good goalkeeper, thats it. Nothing further.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:58 am

Firenze wrote:still the best GK of all time, put some respect on his name

fvck no
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:29 am

Kaladin wrote:Finito, most overrated GKof all time, rated because he stayed with a bunch of crooks in Serie B. Failed them in '03, got carried by a stellar defense in '06, never showed up for Juve when they needed him most in CL (Bayern x2, Finals, etc). Dont get me started on his journalist wife. Good goalkeeper, thats it. Nothing further.

Docked -25% for personal insults. Be better. Do better.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:25 pm

Bro don't take the bait from this opportunistic, clueless, S/Firenze-wannabe poster Kaladin. The lack of respect towards Buffon won't erase everything he achieved in his glorious career.

As a Milan fan yesterday's game was probably the HIGHLIGHT of his 2017-2018 season. Or maybe the best moment was that 3-0 win against Crotone back in august ?

Fun fact: Juve is not eliminated yet, far from it Thumbs up
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:35 pm

Buffon was dog shit

But this thread was made in September of 2017, it’s February, congrats for predicting a 72 year old would eventually struggle to play goal, trying to use it to downplay one of the greatest goalkeeping careers of all time is just criminal

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:41 pm

2 goals were on Buffon, yes

I am starting to wish for something like Gigi = Serie A // Sczesny = Champions League/Floppa

If you take off the insults and frustration from the posts, i could agree that Buffon seems cursed in Champions League. But the amount of games he won us single-handedly (from 2001 to 2017)... can't say he ever was overrated until this current season.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:31 pm

I didn't mean to offend but this guy trying to throw shit on a stellar 20 year old career based on one unlucky free-kick was way too much.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next