urbaNRoots
Vlad the Impaler
BarcaLearning
Chumlum
Firenze
82 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 9 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

Post by danyjr Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:43 am

Barça or Juventus? No chance.

Personally I think only Bayern (on their good day) and PSG can beat them.

danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 9 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

Post by Valkyrja Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:04 pm

Bayern is the biggest myth in football for the past 5 years. They're winning the CL every season.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:25 pm

well we would have if not for refereeing, bad luck, missed penalties and various other reasons
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:29 pm

playing good football usually works.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:57 pm

Barca have improved their defence. Valverde has made them more balanced. I'd be surprised if they didn't reach the final this season
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:07 pm

Defence yes. Offence they are junk without Messi. Suárez and Iniesta are done. Alcácer and Deulofeu aren't worth mentioning. Dembélé's potential is to be di María at best.

Can't wait til they meet a team that presses high. They will be exposed for the whole world to watch.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:07 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:well we would have if not for refereeing, bad luck, missed penalties and various other reasons

People will say this is a weak argument and a loser mentality, but in reality, it does often have a decent role to play.

Just as Bayern have had a lot of bad luck recently, I would argue, Madrid have had a LOT of good luck. It's the way of the world, but things will balance out, hopefully.

Still fuming as much as Hans over that Madrid-Bayern tie from last year.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:44 pm

If not for refereeing Bayern would have lost to us 2 years ago when Morata's goal was incorrectly ruled offside. Bayern can't say shit about refereeing or luck in recent CLs.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:51 pm

rincon wrote:If not for refereeing Bayern would have lost to us 2 years ago when Morata's goal was incorrectly ruled offside. Bayern can't say shit about refereeing or luck in recent CLs.

I don't think two wrongs ever make a right, which is why I steer clear of these conversations. Everyone is quick to turn a blind eye when decisions go in their favour and fixate on times when they do not

That's why justice [VAR] is so important for the future of the game

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:08 pm

danyjr wrote:Barça or Juventus? No chance.

Personally I think only Bayern (on their good day) and PSG can beat them.

It's November, none of it means anything.

I'd be surprised if they get to the semi finals tbh, performing right now means *bleep* all.

Still think the above teams are better than them, there's always one team who performs amazingly before Christmas and then come April and May they are not that good.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:10 pm

They will bottle it against the first elite team they play in the knockouts IMO. Same as most English teams in the CL, the fact City are even considered to win the CL is just because other elite teams are underperforming, if they play to their usual standard (Barca, Real, Bayern, Juve etc) City get smashed.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 9 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola's adventures in Manchester City

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:38 pm

You don't need to beat elite teams to win the league though

Also they could have RMs luck and get to semis without facing a challenge
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:39 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:You don't need to beat elite teams to win the league though

People are talking about the CL so i don't know what that has to do with anything.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:30 pm

Yup, everything will be decided in the second half, will City form still be like it is? Will PSG? Will our form be the same? Will RM, BM, Juve raise their game?

The league is there to lose at the end, but if they keep their form they won't get smashed I expect a highly entertaining game against whatever elite team they have but they will get KO'ed.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:57 pm

Pep now has the consecutive wins record in 3 countries:

-Spain, 16 wins (matched by Madrid with Zidane)
-Germany, 19 wins
-England, 14 wins (matched by Arsenal with Wenger)

amazing stat

PeP Army Molenation

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:58 pm

Best manager in the world for a reason.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:59 pm

danyjr wrote:In all honesty his team is still 10 points behind City in terms of squad quality, if not more.

QFT
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:25 pm

Meh, how many world class stars does City really have? Looking at the starting team today I am very hard pressed to find any players that would easily walk into a top 5 team:

Ederson
Walker, Otamendi, Kompany (c), Delph
Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Silva
Sterling, Sane, Jesus

And of the ones that would (KDB, Silva, maybe Kun) they were called overrated and declining prior to Pep's arrival. I get that Pep has outspent all competitors, but his edge is really in the training and developing, not so much in the signing of WC players.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:33 pm

You don't need 11 world class players to win trophies. 3-4 is enough and Manchester City more than have that. I mean look at United's line up, you can hardly name two Laughing

PS: You forgot Kompany, one of the best CBs in the world. Just cause he's been injured for a while you can't forget about his class.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:35 pm

Kompany is fit only for 1/3 of the season. I agree he's WC when he's on but his playing time downgrades him IMO.

Anyways even if I agree that City have 4, in terms of WC players the competition is comparable.

United: De Gea, Pogba

Chelsea: Hazard, Kante, Courtois

Spurs: Alderweireld, Kane, Eriksen

I will grant than in terms of depth they're significantly better than the rest, but I just don't see the quality argument.  I think it's too easy to wash away their success as down to the squad, as if Tony Pulis could be achieving the same.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:14 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Pep now has the consecutive wins record in 3 countries:

-Spain, 16 wins (matched by Madrid with Zidane)
-Germany, 19 wins
-England, 14 wins (matched by Arsenal with Wenger)

amazing stat

PeP Army Molenation

I think he holds the record alone no?

Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:43 pm

danyjr wrote:

PS: You forgot Kompany, one of the best CBs in the world. Just cause he's been injured for a while you can't forget about his class.

He hasn't been that for years, Otamendi ( who i don't rate in the slightest) and Stones have been better than him this season.

I don't particularly find it a coincidence that City's performance have been consistent worse since Kompany was forced to be put into the team.

I have said this to you before but i have zero time for the Mourinho excuses tbh, his team is MILES better than you say it is he's just holding them back through negative tactics.

Not players fault they are all acting as defenders because Mourinho is a high profile Pulis, look at how well Sterling and Sane are performing for Guardiola do you really think Rashford and Martial are any worse? nope they are just given zero freedom to show what they can do.

They finished 6th last year and people cried the team isn't good enough, 100s of millions more spent and they are still not good enough apparently.

Nope it's just the manager is a coward, this is going to consistently repeat itself until people realise this and he's sacked.

Swap the managers around and i can pretty much guarantee Man Utd will look a lot better and City will look a lot worse.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:09 pm

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 9 XfzjsXK
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:11 pm

The MT bit Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:03 pm

I am dead
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:09 pm

rofl
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next