What's next for Carlo Ancelotti? Any takers?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What's next for Carlo Ancelotti? Any takers?

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:33 pm

@CBarca wrote:Never would have expected Thimmy vs Hans to happen but I'm not disappointed tbh

Anyway, too early for this reaction. Lot of time to turn this season around yet

Actually I have no idea why Thimmy is stalking me. AFAIK I've never done anything to him other than maybe jokingly mischaracterize Ödegaard's achievements at Nijmegen

Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:34 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:As an outsider looking in they have taken a lot of risks which haven't really paid off and obviously as pointed out they have poorly planned for the inevitable decline of Ribery/Robben.

Loss of Lahm hurts too.

Once again, as an outsider looking in you have no idea what you're talking about.
If Carlo has started Ribéry and Robben tonight alongside Müller, we'd have won easily..

Why do you think I lost my shit already BEFORE the game?
Because we have countless games evidence that Carlo's 4-3-3 NEVER works, and especially not if he doesn't even play any quick wingers on the wings.

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:39 pm

Thought I was supposed to be the one who had a bias towards Ødegaard, but Hans has mentioned him multiple times since the last time I mentioned him. And then he accuses me of being the stalker hmm

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:40 pm

I'm not really talking about tonight, just in general i don't think you are good enough to win this competition.

I admit i don't pay as much attention to non-PL teams but i don't think there's anything wrong to what i said.

You don't have to be so mean. Sad

Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:42 pm

Anyway I just think you two should keep it up, promising addition to GLrumble
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:45 pm

I'm not going to fight with Thimmy. I could be his dad ffs.
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
You don't have to be so mean. Sad

I apologize.

Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:47 pm

No need Laughing I was only playing, you are probably right regardless.

Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:48 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:As an outsider looking in they have taken a lot of risks which haven't really paid off and obviously as pointed out they have poorly planned for the inevitable decline of Ribery/Robben.

Loss of Lahm hurts too.

1. Planning is on management not Carlo

2. I thought kimmich was awesome?

Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:50 pm

You will show Carlo the respect he deserves and keep him like a good boy, not his problem that Muller is pouting at every interview or 90 yr old Ribery mad because he isn't starting. Most of the problems i'm reading is about the dressing room. These guys were quick to bend over for Pep, but now that he's gone, there's a power vacuum? Maybe Lahm might'be helped mitigate, but the blame isn't completely on Carlo here, seeing childish behaviour from childish players. Honestly, probably one of the most immature dressing rooms in Europe imo, spearheaded by Neuer of all people
Kaladin
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:54 pm

@Mole nah I mean tonight of all nights our replacing Robbéry, or lack thereof, played no role.
Because, had Coman been bad, ok, but Coman didn't start either, despite two very good performances in the recent 2 games Laughing

That Müller is no winger is not exactly new, and then you put James on the other wing with both of Robben and Ribéry being fit and in form...

Boateng is back fit, but he's not even in the squad, instead you play 2meter 150 kilogram Süle in his first ever CL game away at PSG against Mbappé Thumbs up

Tolisso and Vidal are the same and playing them together is nonsense, as proven the last time Carlo tried it.

Carlo made a huge mess of the lineup, then made two changes at HT, all in all he *bleep* up really bad and I knew this would happen the moment I saw the lineup.

He literally never learns, he never reacts to evidence of the games.
He's completely unable to coach this team successfully.

He must go.

Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:59 pm

Curiously, who would you want to bring instead?
Kaladin
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:03 pm

Tuchel is free. I'd take him instantly.

He won't make it long since he's a psycho and a diva and will run into trouble with the board sooner or later.

But I don't mind, for however long he's there we will see good football, improving players and certainly no such completely braindead crossing orgies with opponents walking through our defense, like Carlo's approach leads to

Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:12 pm

Tuchel? Couldn't mount a title challenge in 2 years at BVB lol

Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:12 pm

Carlo's lost the group so he has to go. He's not the problem in my opinion but its easier to replace a manager than it is to replace a group of players and higher ups and by that I mean, he's an extremely talented manager but these things happen. Just as players flourish in some teams and leagues but suck in others

Its the same in all sports really. If you follow the NBA or NHL, whenever there's an issue, its the manager or the general manager that are the first out for the same reasons

Luca
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:16 pm

I'll defend Carlo a little bit in this game alone... when you concede a goal away from home 2 mins into the game, whatever plan you had goes out the window. Your best hope is that you get an equalizer in the next 15-20 mins by being aggressive so you don't chase the score for the entire time. Bayern doesn't have the players to do that against a team like this year's PSG.

That doesn't excuse going suicidal with the tactics. But it does make it very difficult to adjust.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:18 pm

@sportsczy wrote:I'll defend Carlo a little bit in this game alone... when you concede a goal away from home 2 mins into the game, whatever plan you had goes out the window. Your best hope is that you get an equalizer in the next 15-20 mins by being aggressive so you don't chase the score for the entire time. Bayern doesn't have the players to do that against a team like this year's PSG.

That doesn't excuse going suicidal with the tactics. But it does make it very difficult to adjust.

Nah. What we are seeing is exactly what made Real fans angry in 14/15. No pressure against the ball. No defensive shape. No speed. No creativity. Crosses, crosses, crosses, and conceding easily.

Remember that?

Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:21 pm

@Mr Nick09 wrote:Tuchel? Couldn't mount a title challenge in 2 years at BVB lol

His BVB was the best 2nd place team in BuLi history in his first season, and in his second season he kept BVB competitive with a bunch of 18 year olds after the board sold Hummels, Gündogan and Mkhitaryan in one go.

Made Dembélé a 150m player, made Aubameyang a 40 goal per season striker, made Weigl the new Busquets and made Pulisic a 17 year old top performer.

Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:23 pm

Not to mention you asked me to translate some video where Watzke was asked about the Real interest in Tuchel since you were so keen

Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:47 pm

Apparently Robben was asked if the players still support Ancelotti and he said he doesn't want to answer that question.

It's already over.
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:22 am

@zigra wrote:Apparently Robben was asked if the players still support Ancelotti and he said he doesn't want to answer that question.

It's already over.

Not sure as I didn't hear it, but I think the way you write it it might be a misquote or wrong context

Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:31 am

Its sad to see Bayern players turn on him. He hasn't had the support of a single player. Maybe Lahm needs to come out of retirement to sort the dressing room out. They cearly need a leader

Carlo has his flaws, Bayern knew his flaws before they signed him. They are acting all surprised now. Truth is Carlo never rectifies mistakes. He'll keep repeating it until it works. I wouldn't worry too much if I was a Bayern fan

Some of his personnel choice were very anti Carlo. Playing Sule without CL experience is not something Carlo normally does. I bet he's forced to play Muller. Tinkering with the XI in a tough CL game is unlike Carlo. I don't know what's going on down there but it clearly aint a good fit
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra on Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:33 am

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@zigra wrote:Apparently Robben was asked if the players still support Ancelotti and he said he doesn't want to answer that question.

It's already over.

Not sure as I didn't hear it, but I think the way you write it it might be a misquote or wrong context

Yeah I think you're right. Didn't have time to watch the interviews myself before but after listening to one interview (in which he wasn't asked that question) I'm pretty sure that quote is either made up (don't really think so) or completely out of context (likely).
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:38 am

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Mr Nick09 wrote:Tuchel? Couldn't mount a title challenge in 2 years at BVB lol

His BVB was the best 2nd place team in BuLi history in his first season, and in his second season he kept BVB competitive with a bunch of 18 year olds after the board sold Hummels, Gündogan and Mkhitaryan in one go.

Made Dembélé a 150m player, made Aubameyang a 40 goal per season striker, made Weigl the new Busquets and made Pulisic a 17 year old top performer.
i am not hiding the fact that he is a talented coach but i feel he lacks the compromise that is required to win with big teams, that's my only concern.

Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ on Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:07 am

Must be the players. Carlo is the first person to come into mind if some bizarre swerve that we fire zidane.

The lack of respect for Carlo from the players says a lot about the bayern squad themselves. you mention madrid 14-15 hans but what you don't mention is that the Real Madrid squad despite losing out on all 3 fronts that season were still staunch supporters of Carlo. we always had his back. CR7, Ramos backed him publicly and everyone was pleading with Flo not to get rid of him.

maybe hes not a good fit. but perhaps that is because the profile of the players may be negative?
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:28 am

These players really help Bayern live up to the moniker "FC Hollywood". Not that I am absorbing Carlo of any blame (he would definitely take blame for that match just gone) but the players aren't exactly covering themselves in glory.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:48 pm

Fact is, it was possible to field a better XI than what Ancelotti chose to display against PSG. Ribery, Robben, Hummels all on the bench wtf. For this defeat you cannot blame Bayern's management, but you definitely can blame Ancelotti.

Bayern's transition started this summer, where FEW world-class players where available. It's not a one year process and it should not be used as an excuse for losing 0-3 in a prestige Champions League match. The squad is still A+ and a manager's job is to get the best out of it by using wise tactics.

If the coach lost the locker room and cannot fix the relationship... he needs to leave regardless of who's to blame.
Warrior
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top