The Movie House - Part 10

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: The Movie House - Part 10

Post by Freeza on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:16 pm

@Firenze wrote:what's the deal with criminal proceedings coming from all of this btw

I know Weinstein settled a lot out of court but if it emerged he raped other women and then kept them quiet will he stand trial? not sure on timeline restraints etc

plus it'd be hard to prove at this point for some of the older instances

IMO they need to set an example though and throw the book at these people that kept quiet about it and knew (not the victims)

I know they won't though


The guys that fired Harvey knew about it.

Gwyneth Paltrow was harrased by Harvey and told Brad Pitt about it. Apparently he was about to go Fight Club on his ass, but Gwyneth stopped it because she was afraid of her career. This is why you can't blame victims. They're in such a bad position, being blackmailed by the people in power. It's only possible to come forward if you've got the security in numbers basically. If you go out on your own you're opening yourself to a libel suit.

Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 18845
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: The Movie House - Part 10

Post by Freeza on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:17 pm

@Unique wrote:
@Firenze wrote:what's the deal with criminal proceedings coming from all of this btw

I know Weinstein settled a lot out of court but if it emerged he raped other women and then kept them quiet will he stand trial? not sure on timeline restraints etc

plus it'd be hard to prove at this point for some of the older instances

IMO they need to set an example though and throw the book at these people that kept quiet about it and knew (not the victims)

I know they won't though
that's the point I'm making. a lot of these actresses have been top a list for over 20 years so they could have come forward years ago and saved a lot of other victims. the ones that took hush money are nothing more than part of the problem.


People came out against Donald Trump and he gained popularity. He admittet to sexually assaulting a woman on freaking tape. And people just said "That's just lockerroom talk"

This is 2016 that it happened.

Do you really think anyone would treat the women coming out 20 years ago fairly?

You are such a god damn idiot.

_________________
hmm:
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 18845
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Movie House - Part 10

Post by Unique on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 pm

@Freeza wrote:
@Unique wrote:
@Firenze wrote:what's the deal with criminal proceedings coming from all of this btw

I know Weinstein settled a lot out of court but if it emerged he raped other women and then kept them quiet will he stand trial? not sure on timeline restraints etc

plus it'd be hard to prove at this point for some of the older instances

IMO they need to set an example though and throw the book at these people that kept quiet about it and knew (not the victims)

I know they won't though
that's the point I'm making. a lot of these actresses have been top a list for over 20 years so they could have come forward years ago and saved a lot of other victims. the ones that took hush money are nothing more than part of the problem.


People came out against Donald Trump and he gained popularity. He admittet to sexually assaulting a woman on freaking tape. And people just said "That's just lockerroom talk"

This is 2016 that it happened.

Do you really think anyone would treat the women coming out 20 years ago fairly?

You are such a god damn idiot.
so your saying they shouldn't even bother to report it because they don't think anything would be done about it. Gwyneth Paltrow has been an A list actress for 20 years could she not have come out 10 years ago and said something. even if the guy never got prosecuted for it 10 years ago just making it public would have saved lots of future victims. there is no excuse for not reporting this kind of stuff.

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12835
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: The Movie House - Part 10

Post by Freeza on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:31 pm

Good god...

_________________
hmm:
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 18845
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Movie House - Part 10

Post by Unique on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:36 pm

@Freeza wrote:Good god...
once again your narcissistic personality wont let you see any other point but your own. let me put it to you this way. if one of your kids got abused by a pedo and the man over the road to you said i knew that guy was a pedo because he abused my kids but i didn't say any thing because i would have lost my job. what would you say to that guy. your honest opinion.

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12835
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: The Movie House - Part 10

Post by Freeza on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:40 pm

@Unique wrote:
@Freeza wrote:Good god...
once again your narcissistic personality wont let you see any other point but your own. let me put it to you this way. if one of your kids got abused by a pedo and the man over the road to you said i knew that guy was a pedo because he abused my kids but i didn't say any thing because i would have lost my job. what would you say to that guy. your honest opinion.


Edit: Actually don't care to share such a personal story with you.


A man with no money and influence abused a relative of mine. Police didn't believe it. The victim never gets the benefit of the doubt really. That's why they don't come out. You're expecting them to throw away their livelihoods for a chance they might take down one of the most powerful men in Hollywood? Never going to happen.


_________________
hmm:
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 18845
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Movie House - Part 10

Post by Freeza on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:45 pm

@Unique wrote:
@Freeza wrote:Good god...
once again your narcissistic personality wont let you see any other point but your own. let me put it to you this way. if one of your kids got abused by a pedo and the man over the road to you said i knew that guy was a pedo because he abused my kids but i didn't say any thing because i would have lost my job. what would you say to that guy. your honest opinion.


Narcissist = showing empathy with rape victims. Seems legit.

I'm not a narcissist. You're just a bigoted idiot.

_________________
hmm:
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 18845
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Movie House - Part 10

Post by Unique on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:45 pm

let me ask you all a simple question. how many of you would turn a blind eye to your boss raping women to save your job. i know i wouldent.

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12835
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: The Movie House - Part 10

Post by RealGunner on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:49 pm

Worst part is that Weinstein didn't get fired because he did those things as his entire board probably knew it for years. He got fired because he got caught.
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 79976
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: The Movie House - Part 10

Post by Freeza on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:53 pm

@RealGunner wrote:Worst part is that Weinstein didn't get fired because he did those things as his entire board probably knew it for years. He got fired because he got caught.


He got fired because everyone came out at the same time really. This was 100% due to social media.

It's hard to really remember how hard it was to connect before SoMe came around. It was so easy for these people to brush it away.

The Harvey Weinstein stuff had been public knowledge for decades. People came out against him and no one cared.

When the natural reaction to victims are "You're lying" every time they come out, it prevents them from doing so. It's getting hard with Twitter brigades used for actual good though. They can organize better than anyone could do beforehand.

_________________
hmm:
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 18845
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Movie House - Part 10

Post by Unique on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:55 pm

@RealGunner wrote:Worst part is that Weinstein didn't get fired because he did those things as his entire board probably knew it for years. He got fired because he got caught.
that's what I'm saying. no body said anything because of job prospects. i understand that some victims cant come forward for some reasons but imo the lack of job prospects should not be one of them.

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12835
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: The Movie House - Part 10

Post by Unique on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:57 pm

@Freeza wrote:
@RealGunner wrote:Worst part is that Weinstein didn't get fired because he did those things as his entire board probably knew it for years. He got fired because he got caught.


He got fired because everyone came out at the same time really. This was 100% due to social media.

It's hard to really remember how hard it was to connect before SoMe came around. It was so easy for these people to brush it away.

The Harvey Weinstein stuff had been public knowledge for decades. People came out against him and no one cared.

When the natural reaction to victims are "You're lying" every time they come out, it prevents them from doing so. It's getting hard with Twitter brigades used for actual good though. They can organize better than anyone could do beforehand.
after reading that post you have no business calling anyone a idiot.

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12835
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: The Movie House - Part 10

Post by Freeza on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:59 pm

What about my post was idiotic?

Please use your words to form an actual argument. You haven't presented a single coherent argument all thread.

Instead you blame the women who had been harrased by their boss, and subsequently told by everyone around them nothing happened and it wasn't that bad that they should just keep quiet.

Yeah, I'm the idiot.

_________________
hmm:
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 18845
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Movie House - Part 10

Post by Unique on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:00 pm

@Unique wrote:let me ask you all a simple question. how many of you would turn a blind eye to your boss raping women to save your job. i know i wouldent.
come on freeza. you still haven't answered this question.

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12835
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: The Movie House - Part 10

Post by Unique on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:03 pm

@Freeza wrote:What about my post was idiotic?

Please use your words to form an actual argument. You haven't presented a single coherent argument all thread.

Instead you blame the women who had been harrased by their boss, and subsequently told by everyone around them nothing happened and it wasn't that bad that they should just keep quiet.

Yeah, I'm the idiot.
the part where you said everyone knew about him for decades but no one came forward because they didn't think anyone would believe them. are you telling me that his word against the rest of Hollywood would of counted for anything in a court of law. gtfo

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12835
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: The Movie House - Part 10

Post by Freeza on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:05 pm

@Unique wrote:
@Unique wrote:let me ask you all a simple question. how many of you would turn a blind eye to your boss raping women to save your job. i know i wouldent.
come on freeza. you still haven't answered this question.


rape isn't the case here...

It's sexual harrassment and misconduct.

It's more like "how would you react if your boss had made sexual advances on a coworker". If you've worked for 25 years reaching a certain point, would you really do everything in your power to fight this?

It's clearly the morally and ethically right thing to do in every way, but will you risk it all?

This is a hard dilemma to answer when you've never been in a situation like it. I'd love to say I'd defend the woman and fight for her, but it's hard to get a meaningful case out of a single sexual advance. It's when there's multiple the stuff happens.


_________________
hmm:
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 18845
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Movie House - Part 10

Post by RealGunner on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:09 pm

let it go freeza. This isn't worth your time.

avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 79976
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: The Movie House - Part 10

Post by Unique on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:14 pm

@Freeza wrote:
@Unique wrote:
@Unique wrote:let me ask you all a simple question. how many of you would turn a blind eye to your boss raping women to save your job. i know i wouldent.
come on freeza. you still haven't answered this question.


rape isn't the case here...

It's sexual harrassment and misconduct.

It's more like "how would you react if your boss had made sexual advances on a coworker". If you've worked for 25 years reaching a certain point, would you really do everything in your power to fight this?

It's clearly the morally and ethically right thing to do in every way, but will you risk it all?

This is a hard dilemma to answer when you've never been in a situation like it. I'd love to say I'd defend the woman and fight for her, but it's hard to get a meaningful case out of a single sexual advance. It's when there's multiple the stuff happens.

its not a hard dilemma at all mate.

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12835
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: The Movie House - Part 10

Post by Unique on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:15 pm

@RealGunner wrote:let it go freeza. This isn't worth your time.

why don't you answer the question then. would you put job prospects before reporting a sex crime.

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12835
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: The Movie House - Part 10

Post by Unique on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:17 pm

@Freeza wrote:
@Unique wrote:
@Unique wrote:let me ask you all a simple question. how many of you would turn a blind eye to your boss raping women to save your job. i know i wouldent.
come on freeza. you still haven't answered this question.


rape isn't the case here...

It's sexual harrassment and misconduct.

It's more like "how would you react if your boss had made sexual advances on a coworker". If you've worked for 25 years reaching a certain point, would you really do everything in your power to fight this?

It's clearly the morally and ethically right thing to do in every way, but will you risk it all?

This is a hard dilemma to answer when you've never been in a situation like it. I'd love to say I'd defend the woman and fight for her, but it's hard to get a meaningful case out of a single sexual advance. It's when there's multiple the stuff happens.

i would.

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12835
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: The Movie House - Part 10

Post by Unique on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:34 pm

@Freeza wrote:What about my post was idiotic?

Please use your words to form an actual argument. You haven't presented a single coherent argument all thread.

Instead you blame the women who had been harrased by their boss, and subsequently told by everyone around them nothing happened and it wasn't that bad that they should just keep quiet.

Yeah, I'm the idiot.
i didn't blame the women that have been harassed. i said that keeping quiet about the harassment for the sake of job prospects has led to more women getting abused. there are many reasons for a women not reporting abuse such as fear for there life. or fear of losing kids or kids getting hurt. they are legit reasons for women not reporting abuse. but to say i didn't report it because i wanted to make it as a film star is not a great reason tbh. i know not all of them had the same motive for not reporting it but more and more of them are saying the same thing. and you said brad pitt wanted to knock him out but gwyneth Paltrow told him not to because it would harm his career so he did nothing. and there is my point. both of them said and did nothing because they were looking out for there career.

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12835
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: The Movie House - Part 10

Post by RealGunner on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:49 pm

Watched 25 minutes of blade runner (original)

Bit outdated but not off putting. Gripping story. Will watch the rest tomorrow since bed>>>>>>>>>


Also, Harrison Ford has unreal charisma ffs
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 79976
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: The Movie House - Part 10

Post by Freeza on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:50 pm

@RealGunner wrote:Watched 25 minutes of blade runner (original)

Bit outdated but not off putting. Gripping story. Will watch the rest tomorrow since bed>>>>>>>>>


Also, Harrison Ford has unreal charisma ffs


Of course he's got unreal charisma. Biggest movie start of modern Hollywood.

_________________
hmm:
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 18845
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Movie House - Part 10

Post by RealGunner on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:50 pm

Might actually watch indiana jones movies now
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 79976
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: The Movie House - Part 10

Post by Freeza on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:57 pm

@RealGunner wrote:Might actually watch indiana jones movies now


3 > 1 > 4 > 2 is the best imo hmm

Watch them. Third one is incredible. River Phoenix though Sad
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 18845
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Movie House - Part 10

Post by M99 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:04 am

@Freeza wrote:
@M99 wrote:Its not just Hollywood. The music industry is *bleep* too. At least the boyband part of it is.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2007/11/pearlman200711


Kesha was raped when she was virgin by her producer. She couldn’t get a release from her contract though, because no one believed her. So she stopped releasing music.


God that Kesha story pissed me of so much. That is exactly why women are afraid to come out with their stories.

_________________
#JUSTICE4

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
avatar
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 26842
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 95

Back to top Go down

Re: The Movie House - Part 10

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum