El Gunner
Unique
RealGunner
Kaladin
Tomwin Lannister
41 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Premier League 17-18 Discussion Part 3 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 17-18 Discussion Part 3

Post by S Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:08 pm

Euros or pounds, both clubs have tried to out spend each other

Difference being

Pep spent €300M to try and win the league

Mourinho spent €300M to try and finish 4th

You can see in their mentality and their football

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Premier League 17-18 Discussion Part 3 - Page 36 Empty Re: Premier League 17-18 Discussion Part 3

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:21 pm

S wrote:Euros or pounds, both clubs have tried to out spend each other

Difference being

Are you now a fan of Liverpool because they have won more CL's than Juve? Hint: the club badge in your profile Laughing

PS. Love ya (thought you will never come back to GL)
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:53 pm

I want everyone who was laughing at Unsworth's Everton today before they came back to win to 1) take a goddamn seat, and 2) apologize

A truly English, gritty, blood sweat and tears, glory and honor come from behind win from Everton under Lord Unsworth against the best team outside of the top 6 (managed by a FOREIGNER--SAD!), unlike that fraud Lukaku, that's something worth hyping :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:53 pm

Premier League 17-18 Discussion Part 3 - Page 36 C73c2be0c420dcba04893aaa0b1f2280 goat league
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:00 pm

why is lacazette not starting games for arsenal. is he not 100% fit or something.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:35 pm

Because Wenger doesn't know what he's doing.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:19 pm

Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:24 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:
so he parks the bus then eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:58 pm

Just watching all those highlights.

I'm sorry, but how do you not play your new 55m € top striker in the biggest game?
This should be the easiest decision to make. Teamsheet. Write on it: Lacazette.

What is Wenger getting paid 10m per year for?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:01 pm

It's painful to watch someone who is a living legend try to destroy his legacy at the club he revolutionized

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain"
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:02 pm

That 3:1 was clear offside though. I was certain Arsenal would have this, because Wenger used to have Pep's number more than other PL coaches. Very disappointing.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:08 pm

As i said during the game though, if i was an Arsenal fan i'd be more angry with Koscielny and Xhaka standing completely still and watch it all happen.

You're supposed to play to the whistle, a bit of discipline and concentration and the goal doesn't happen.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:23 am

Bilic sacked. Moyes set to take over.

West Ham getting relegated Molenation

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:25 am

I'm curious as to what our English residents think of this English manager fiasco the media is promoting hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:52 am

It's bullshit. English managers are rubbish and have no business being at any decent club until they've proven otherwise. Expecting top job on account of your nationality is just entitlement. Pretending there are no jobs when nobody is willing to go abroad is just plain stupid.

I shouldn't expect much less though from a football culture that thinks that a couple of years with a youth team and "knowing the league" qualifies someone for a top Premier League job. It's also no surprise that the guy pedalling this nonsense the most is someone who thought avoiding relegation for a living qualified him to manager Inter Milan or Real Madrid.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:16 pm

How the heck Moyes pulled that off?! Shocked
Poor Chicha.

EDIT: Lol I thought he is appointed already.

Last edited by Glory on Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:18 pm

Kaladin wrote:I'm curious as to what our English residents think of this English manager fiasco the media is promoting hmm

Case in point Firenze trying to push Dyche into Liverpool every week or Unique comparing Allardyce to Klopp because Allardyce doesn't concede goals compared to Klopp (Even though Allardyce finishes 16th with more goals conceded and less goals scored than Liverpool)
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:26 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Kaladin wrote:I'm curious as to what our English residents think of this English manager fiasco the media is promoting hmm

Case in point Firenze trying to push Dyche into Liverpool every week or Unique comparing Allardyce to Klopp because Allardyce doesn't concede goals compared to Klopp (Even though Allardyce finishes 16th with more goals conceded and less goals scored than Liverpool)

@Jay
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:36 pm

Surreal

This is the stuff you read on the news panel in Career mode lmao
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:47 pm

Jay29 wrote:Pretending there are no jobs when nobody is willing to go abroad is just plain stupid.

Brexit means Brexit
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:47 pm

Jay29 wrote:It's bullshit. English managers are rubbish and have no business being at any decent club until they've proven otherwise. Expecting top job on account of your nationality is just entitlement. Pretending there are no jobs when nobody is willing to go abroad is just plain stupid.

I shouldn't expect much less though from a football culture that thinks that a couple of years with a youth team and "knowing the league" qualifies someone for a top Premier League job. It's also no surprise that the guy pedalling this nonsense the most is someone who thought avoiding relegation for a living qualified him to manager Inter Milan or Real Madrid.

Sky's parent company is owned by Rupert Murdoch, and his reputation proceeds him as far as supporting right wing bullshit as well as nationalist bullshit

Is it a conspiracy theory too far to suggest that people on Sky might be, in some way, influenced to say such things, or am I making up an excuse when the reality is that English pundits are just that thick?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:18 pm

I like Sean Dyche. He should go to a bigger club - maybe Everton or Southampton, somewhere like that - and develop with more resources available to him. If he can't get those jobs, I'd like to see him go abroad rather than go sideways or back down into the Championship.

CBarca wrote:Sky's parent company is owned by Rupert Murdoch, and his reputation proceeds him as far as supporting right wing bullshit as well as nationalist bullshit.

Is it a conspiracy theory too far to suggest that people on Sky might be, in some way, influenced to say such things, or am I making up an excuse when the reality is that English pundits are just that thick?

I think it's more of a case of pundits having a "job for the boys" mentality. A lot of them are failed coaches in their own right hoping to get back into the game by talking up their connections. Case in point, Phil Neville championing David Moyes for the West Ham job and saying he's a fantastic coach despite Moyes being awful in his last three jobs. He's either incredibly thick, or he's hoping his buddy Moyes gets him a job. Was probably doing the same for Unswoth at Everton, too.

There's an echo chamber effect going on here, too. The tabloids love this narrative for obvious reasons so they air every opinion they can find - Allardyce Pardew, Neville, Redknapp, and so on. It filters down to readers, which then parrot it on social media and call shows. Sky and BT then think "this is what people want to hear" and keep the ball rolling.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:34 pm

Nishankly wrote:

maybe if fat Sam had 300 mil worth of talent like klopp has he would finish higher.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:43 pm

Difference being

imagine being a Juve fan and talking about club mentality when you're just a feeder club for bigger teams, you prove it every summer Laughing

already looking forward to when Juve get knocked out in the R16 and you run away again to watch Kolkata Scrubsters play cricket because you're too much of a bish to stay around and take the mockery
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:44 pm

Nishankly wrote:

In fairness to @Unique , he doesn't proclaim himself to be a fan of English managers, quite the opposite.
I've never seen him write that he rates Allardyce or Pulis, on the contrary, his argument is that if Klopp is going to undo all his attacking fervor by conceding goals like an idiot, Liverpool might as well hire Pulis and Allardyce, who know how not to concede, and do so with less fuzz and fanfare.

I don't think it's the correct reasoning, but it's not an endorsement of Pulis or Allardyce in any way. IIRC he actually hates them.

The managers Unique wants are Simeone or Ancelotti. Simeone is hardly a darling candidate for the English identitarian nationalist faction, given his history with Argentine vs England.

Unique is also a Pep fan, or if not 'fan' at least recognizes Pep's greatness as any sane football follower should, much contrary to some posters here and against the grain of the arch-English braindead Pep-scepticism that has been on display in English media.

So those arguments don't apply here.

I might add that Pulis and Allardyce ARE proven and deserved British managers who quite clearly know what they're doing and might very well be considered for a bigger club.

The problem of course is that the PL, as the league with by far the most money, is attractive for coaches from everywhere, so Pulis and Allardyce as the best British coaches have to compete with the very best coaches from everywhere.
That this diminishes chances at getting top jobs, is evident. It's simple maths.
And obviously it should pulverize the chances of some clown like Ryan Giggs to get a PL, let alone top PL, job.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:34 pm

Firenze wrote:

Difference being

imagine being a Juve fan and talking about club mentality when you're just a  feeder club for bigger teams, you prove it every summer Laughing

already looking forward to when Juve get knocked out in the R16 and you run away again to watch Kolkata Scrubsters play cricket because you're too much of a bish to stay around and take the mockery

Half a billion spent in the last two summers only to look Everton level and you have the gall to talk about a multiple title winning club and question their mentality ? How dare you u little jabroni

I retired over the summer because I needed a breather from the exhaustion I went through entire last year taking shit from you and your stupid gang, standing firm for most of the time which almost culminated into a near perfect season while your clown club was getting their ass handed to Stoke and West Brom farmers.

Continue masturbating on how many trillion pounds Woodward spent to get whooped by superior teams while real teams despite setbacks will continue winning championships
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next