CBarca
RealGunner
Luca
M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
15 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by El Gunner Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:57 am

^^How can you talk trash about a player that will be part of the GL fantasy winning team this season.
Got me 10 boards last night Proud

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:08 am

Imagine blaming team mates when your point guard is shooting 30%.

Anyone else in the league would be lambasted lmao.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:14 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Imagine blaming team mates when your point guard is shooting 30%.

Anyone else in the league would be lambasted lmao.

Anyone else in the league wouldn't be lambasted. He shot 50% from 3. No one else hit one. He created so many open chances for everyone else and no one could finish shit. That's a point guard's job.

Do you really think our starting line-up fits his play style?

Why am I even asking. You're always gonna offer thoughts you read on twitter from some troll account when it's about the Lakers.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:24 am

Not really.

He's shooting 30% from the field, if any other PG in the league was doing that they would be criticised and rightly so.

It's not like he's putting Prime Rondo level of assists either to offset is horrible shooting at around 7.5 a game.

At this stage of the game he's high volume, low efficiency point guard who isn't making his team mates better anywhere near as much as advertised.

I'm not hating on the Lakers, don't be so defensive I couldn't care less. Just criticising someone who deserves to be criticised.

Taking over 12 shots a game and making between 3 and 4 on average is nowhere near good enough, you are delusional if you think anyone else wouldn't be criticised.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:27 am

PISTONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

some top lad told me to go mad on them ffs Proud
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:31 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Not really.

He's shooting 30% from the field, if any other PG in the league was doing that they would be criticised and rightly so.

It's not like he's putting Prime Rondo level of assists either to offset is horrible shooting at around 7.5 a game.

At this stage of the game he's high volume, low efficiency point guard who isn't making his team mates better anywhere near as much as advertised.

I'm not hating on the Lakers, don't be so defensive I couldn't care less. Just criticising someone who deserves to be criticised.

Taking over 12 shots a game and making between 3 and 4 on average is nowhere near good enough, you are delusional if you think anyone else wouldn't be criticised.

You're blaming someone for not getting prime Rondo assists, without factoring in his teammates, which was my main criticism.

Randle, Ingram and Lonzo have a 110 offensive rating when they play together. It goes down to like 80 when Nance, KCP and Lopez are on the floor. Despite these facts, Lonzo gets no run with Randle, Kuzma, Ingram and Hart as the line-up. He always have to play with Nance, KCP and Lopez. And none of them can shoot.

30% is not good enough. But so much of that is due to the line-ups we're putting out there. I make a fair criticism and then you just make a comment on Lonzo in response to me instead of actually addressing my criticisms towards the line-ups and Nance starting.

So many of Lonzo's shots are last resorts because of our half court offense in these lineups are some of the worst things I've seen. Luke doesn't even want Lonzo to run P&R despite it being our most efficient offense in the half court.

I'm just tired of this god damn Larry Nance experiment. He's a slow, non-shooter with bad defense. He does nothing else besides dunking.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:36 am

You know full well how feel about the help he has lol, just saying that quite frankly he's not performing to the required standard.

Keep in mind that he was brought in to make these guys significantly better and to entice free agents in 2018, so far he's not meeting those standards.

For all the very acceptable complaints of lineups, coaching etc etc it's still not good enough and he's from blameless in this situation.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:43 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:You know full well how feel about the help he has lol, just saying that quite frankly he's not performing to the required standard.

Keep in mind that he was brought in to make these guys significantly better and to entice free agents in 2018, so far he's not meeting those standards.

For all the very acceptable complaints of lineups, coaching etc etc it's still not good enough and he's from blameless in this situation.

He was brought in to run a fast paces run'n'gun offense that can space the floor. That's his playstyle and that's how he makes players better.

That's how he played in college, high school and AAU. He's meeting the standards in regards to setting up players.

My whole point about this is that we have the right personel for his playstyle, but we never play them together. Lonzo gets pulled out of the game whenever Kuzma and Randle enters and it's ridiculous.

It's six games in and I feel he's done well. His shot has been bad most games. Was good yesterday and against Phoenix. Layups need to be adjusted. He's not above criticism, but the main criticism shouldn't be with him, when our coach isn't trying to give him the best chances of succeeding.

Also, our backup point guard shoots 11% and still gets playing time. Clarkson scored well but kind of kills the game and turns it over way too much.

Our defense is great though. Ranked 9 in the league.

They didn't practice any offense at all through training camp, so hopefully it picks up soon.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:40 pm

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:20 pm

Fultz out indefinitely
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:24 pm

Whether for injury or for psychological reasons it's about time
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:31 pm

CBarca wrote:Whether for injury or for psychological reasons it's about time

This, he's hurting his value and career every time he steps onto the court. What an awkward start to his career, but he'll be ok in time, I feel

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:13 pm

RealGunner wrote:PISTONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

some top lad told me to go mad on them ffs Proud

Went to bed after seeing this with them 10 points down in the 3rd quarter:

And then they end up actually winning the game. I really don't know what to make of this team.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:21 pm

Meanwhile Giannis just got triple teamed in the post and he just got a dunk out of it Laughing

This hawks team is awful. Just watching because it's the only MKE game I've seen on this early in the night
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:22 pm

how likely is this

Stephen Curry to have 30+ points and Tobias Harris to have 20+ points?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:31 am

Curry playing against Bradley, will score 20 top
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:59 am

Cleveland down by 17 going into the fourth against the knicks. Could still win but doesn't look likely.

People been saying they got better without Kyrie...it's really early in the season and we'll see how it turns out, but so far that argument hasn't looked good. We'll see. I personally did not think they got better, it's arguable to me whether they won the trade or not.

Either way, they've lost a fair amount so far and to some questionable teams as well. It's regular season, LeBron not going as hard, figuring out how the new pieces work, roster shakeup etc but losing to the magic, nets, pelicans and maybe the knicks now is the part that really surprises me.

It's LeBron and the team is still stacked for sure so they'll be fine, but it's been kind of a crazy start for Cleveland to say the least
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:17 am

they are missing Isiah, that's a big piece, they can't compete for the title without him. So we will see how they look with him
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:30 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:they are missing Isiah, that's a big piece, they can't compete for the title without him. So we will see how they look with him

Or with him, his defence would get destroyed by Golden State.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:33 am

You shouldn't be surprised we beat them though CB, Lebron hasn't won in New Orleans since 2012.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:38 am

even LeBron knows he has little chances of winning with this Cavs model this season.

that's why he needs LA/new team, needs to find a new way of beating GS. some combination two other stars that will do actual damage to GS, aka BOOGIEEEE + AD banana

Lonzo, PG, Kuz, Lebron, Cousins :salue:

where is free
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:20 am

LeBron doesn't care about the regular season. They'll still finish top 3 in the East and make the finals.

Without IT, they don't have a legit second scorer. K Love is a 17/11 player in itself but he's far from a consistent 20-25 points per night.

You start to also see LeBron's age in back-to-backs, his stat line offensively doesn't fall off, but you see it defensively. They have a pretty old group of players too, no rookies to run and gun in these games.

We can try to pretend there is a different narrative but it will be Cavs and GS in the finals, barring major injuries to either team.

What I am hoping for, is some awesome match ups in the NBA. Houston, San Antonio, Minnesota, OKC, any playoff series between two of these teams would be amazing to watch.

In the East, not much to hope for. Maybe Milwaukee with a healthy Jabari and a tradeline miracle could really contend to beat LeBron, or if Hayward has a miraculous recovery then we can see Boston fight against the Cavs but realistically, you know what it is.

@Nick, I think even if LeBron and Cousins both went to the Lakers, the Warriors would still comfortably win assuming they stay together

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:32 am

Just got back from watching the Lions blow it against Pittsburgh, but hearing the Piston beat the Warriors is a great tonic.

I still don't know what to make of this team, but this early run is really something.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:19 am

No more words for Giannis Proud
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:33 am

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/79mjk2/a_look_into_the_stats_of_demarcus_cousins_hot/

This is insanely impressive, nobody is really talking about it because Giannis but even then the difference in performance isn't that large.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:48 am

I'm not saying I don't think the Cavs will be in the finals or that this is LeBron playing at his best or anything. Obviously LeBron cares little about the regular season and the Cavs have always underperformed relative to the strength of their squad in the regular season.

However I feel like other than that first year, I had never seen them not only lose to scrub teams, but lose to scrub teams by the scorelines they have this much already.

I don't know if it means much in the long term, it probably doesn't, but I do think it's worth commenting on, and I do find it a bit surprising to say the least. I mean the nets and the Knicks are both bottom tier garbo east teams, the jury is out on the magic with their start but they'll end up on the bottom tier as well unless something crazy has happened, and the Pelicans will be fighting for a lower seed playoff spot (tho the west is strong, so that's hardly a knock on them). They've lost to all these teams within the first 7 games, and their squad should win against those teams without breaking much of a sweat even without IT.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next