Doc
Perucho21
futbol_bill
21 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Copa del Rey pursuit Empty Copa del Rey pursuit

Post by futbol_bill Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:07 pm

The Copa games begin this week. The first opponent is Fuenlabrada who are 2nd in 2B group 1. Madrid is apparently going to play their B team in this first game including playing the juvenile portero Mohr (plays for Guti), as Casilla is temporarily part of A team and Zidane's son is out injured. Apparently this kid is better than anyone on Castilla.

Does anyone know the status of Kovacic as he will likely have to be replaced with an A team member or perhaps they will use someone from Castilla.

lineup looks like this;

Mohr
Achraf, Nacho, Vallejo, Theo
Ceballos,  Llorente, Kovacic?
Lucas, Majoral, Asensio

Last edited by futbol_bill on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Copa del Rey pursuit Empty Re: Copa del Rey pursuit

Post by Perucho21 Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:45 pm

Are we finally going to see Vallejo?
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:46 pm

Hala would know more but from all accounts, he is still injured. Sadly.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:33 am

Why are we suddenly playing on Thursday scratch

As for the line up, I'll be surprised if many starters play.

I think it'll be:

Casilla
Achraf-Nacho-Vallejo-Theo
Ceballos-Llorente-Kroos
Lucas-Mayoral-Asensio
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:44 pm

Hala this Thursday game was announced a long time ago. That also is the reason Mohr is planned to start as Casilla is needed on weekend with Navas not available.
What is the status re Kovacic? In your opinion, who are the likely canteras likely to be called up? Are there any midfielders?

On a separate note, this weekend’s game is in Girona (Cataluña) and as a precaution, team is taking an unmarked bus! Sad times!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:56 pm

This is one tournament where I'd almost prefer we get beat early so we don't have to worry about it. It really means literally nothing imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:10 pm

I prefer if we just stuck to playing the youth players throughout the competition.

@Bill, it'll probably be the usual suspects from Castilla like Tejero, Oscar, Franchu etc. Oscar and Tejero might actually start come to think of it
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:34 pm

i can't wish us to go out because 1) treble is always a nice thing to reach for, 2) it's a good way to give bench players some game time. i want guys like Achraf, Theo, Ceballo, Asensio and even Vallejo to play more, they need to be ready when we need them next year in big CL rounds
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:31 am

yeah, i agree. we should let the youngsters (not only the ones that are already in the first team but also from Castilla) take care of the cup. it's a win-win situation however we look at it: we get to rest our starters and give the youngsters precious gametime and experience. This trophy is irrelevant anyway

Kiko/Moha
Achraf Nacho Vallejo Theo
Ceballos Llorente Oscar
Asensio Mayoral Lucas

I'd also like to see Sergio Diaz at work. hope Z gives him some minutes.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:51 pm

Can I just sleep on this upcoming match?

Treble is nice and all but I think I agree with Sports on this one.
Copa del ray schedule annoys me. plus it increases risk of players getting hurt and prolong player fitness recovery.

I am not a fan of january at all. I would argue missing out of the CDR last year aided in our CL defense and La Liga Capture in part of extra energy having not wasted any on the CDR matches.

I'll still watch it but... Not really invested in the CDR tbh.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:13 pm

Yeah, CDR is of no real value to the club. However, it is a trophy to be won and I expect us to be professional about it. Against the upcoming opposition, however, we'll probably be seeing the reserves and some youngsters.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:31 pm

You guys don't seem to remember the uproar when we got booted out for ineligible player! As to not having value to club, remember when we won it and nothing else under Mourinho! It was a big deal that we had bagged that trophy!!

This competition is the lessor of all, but it is still a trophy to be had. However it is meant to be a competition for the bench (team B if you wish). We only seem to resort to the starters when competition gets tough. I would rather we continue with team B all the way thru except possibly the semis and final, if we get there. It helps in developing (and evaluating) the youth on team.

There were times last year when several of us thought Team B was better than Team A. I'm actually anxious to see how this Team B plays together. Too bad that Kovacic isn't healthy enough to play as otherwise we could have entire 11 filled.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:45 pm

Yeah, I remember that and I like to think we have come a "long" way from those years where trophies were a bit scarce. I appreciated the win as it was definitely needed at the time. But nowadays, especially being 2 time defending UCL winner, CDR is definitely not gonna be a big deal for the club and I guess a lot of its fans.

I also remember the ineligible player scenario which is the professional stuff I mentioned. If we got our asses handed to us fair and square, then fine. Lick our wounds and focus on other stuff. But to see us lack any competitiveness or worse, field an illegible player, well, I tend to get quite mad regardless if the CDR isn't a big deal.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:19 pm

futbol_bill wrote:You guys don't seem to remember the uproar when we got booted out for ineligible player! As to not having value to club, remember when we won it and nothing else under Mourinho! It was a big deal that we had bagged that trophy!!

This competition is the lessor of all, but it is still a trophy to be had. However it is meant to be a competition for the bench (team B if you wish). We only seem to resort to the starters when competition gets tough. I would rather we continue with team B all the way thru except possibly the semis and final, if we get there. It helps in developing (and evaluating) the youth on team.

There were times last year when several of us thought Team B was better than Team A. I'm actually anxious to see how this Team B plays together. Too bad that Kovacic isn't healthy enough to play as otherwise we could have entire 11 filled.

while I don't disagree, we've come a long way from the Mourinho era.
we're in a position that we can afford to not win the CDR. also we have that club world cup to consider. another chance to make history, the first back to back CWC winners.

but yes we DO have an obligation to win all titles within reach. i just hope the CDR doesn't screw up our CL and La Liga ambitions.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:19 pm

I can't help but feel you guys don’t appreciate our B team.

As I mentioned above, the copa is really a competition for B teams, at least that was the intention. I feel Flo has filled this team with lots of promising youth. This competition allows Zidane to start the B team, seeing what they can do (collectively and individually), continue with their development with lower than division one competition yet usually better than division 2 plus gives club an opportunity to evaluate if the promise is worth continuing with. All that in addition to, as Nick says get them ready for when we need them in tougher competition.

I get it that some of you are not interested in academy games and perhaps you view these copa games as more of same. So if you want to only view the A team, that’s fine, don’t bother watching them, but don’t knock this competition just because some of us are interested in these games.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:13 am

i think from a mental and physical standpoint, it helps to take it seriously. a big club should never get worn out by playing a tight schedule come march april may, and challenging ourselves for 3 competitions helps build that mental mindset

for all the years we seemed to never take it seriously, getting whooped by union alcarcon zaragoza et al, its not like the extra rest got us anywhere, and in some of those years our rivals won doubles and trebles. my point is, yes we can rest our big guns for this game, but we shouldn't slack on it. the mental and physical preparation is key

as for super copas and world club cups, those ones can kick rocks. i'll damn near throw a party for the neighborhood and even invite my inlaws the day super cups and world club cups are scrapped. i consider copa del rey bigger than any of these irrelevant "super" cups
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:21 pm

How tragic are our attackers :facepalm: Llorente with the best shot of the game, Ceballos with the best chance created. Lucas+Asensio+Theo=Zilch.

When did Zz get this fetish for playing fullbacks in attack????? Nacho was not needed this game, just play Theo where he belongs ffs
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:25 pm

Inexperience prominent in 1st half. Lots of possession but little to show for it. Best players Ceballos, Lucas and Llorente. Weakest players Achraf and Majoral.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:24 pm

Lol at the reff giving us a penalty during a corner. Must be the first we've ever had. Too bad we can't get one in LaLiga Rolling Eyes

Well this tie is dead. Vallejo showing his inexperience lunging in like that at the end of the game.

Apart from that zzzzzzzzz
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:36 pm

Zidane really need to stop with:

1) double fullback crap

2) 442

thank you, kisses

ps: since we won he will feel validated and keep doing it

ps n2: why is Lucas taking a PK when Mayoral needs goals for his self esteem?

ps n3: Mariano wipes the floor with mayoral
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:55 am

So boring I lost consciousness thrice watching it.

Having said that, I expected at least one goal from open play. First priority in the training session should involved finishing and attacking movement. having a lot of possession and doing nothing with it is a Barcelona matter and we're not Barcelona. High possession with no tangible impact is the same as wasted possession.

Also the CDR format needs to be changed. Just make it a single match elimination. None of this two-legged nonsense. Would ease up schedule and make it more exciting. I do care about our B team but I care more about our fitness and avoiding burnout. There will be matches that would require our starting 11. And there are certain times which will interfere with our Champions League matches as well as key Liga games against Barcelona or Atletico which is why I'm against us taking the CDR seriously.

Having said that, would still like to see us win it. Screw our local competition of any silverware.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:19 am

i agree with a change of format. 2 legged copa ties makes zero sense.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:21 am

i think they make it two legs for the sake of the smaller sides not in the primera, gives them a chance to play in the stadiums of top sides....that said, the small sides aren't putting money in the league. lfp need to start recognizing who butters their bread
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:18 pm

Not to nick pick, as I agree with your comments, however here is the rationale for Zidane's moves.

He wanted to play the B team, as that is the normal practice for these first light weight copa games, plus there is little time between games this time. That absence of Kovacic created the problem of who could play in that spot. They chose Tejero, the most experienced Castilla player available and thus moved Theo into the midfield spot. I assume there wasn't a viable Castilla midfielder available.

The resultant formation was indeed the dreaded 4-4-2. Why it wasn't a 4-3-3 (or the 4-3-1-2) is beyond me as he had Lucas playing back and although Asensio was supposed to be up front, he spent most of his time back?? Actually I think Asensio was a disappointment yesterday. He should have shone in this game yet for the most part he was missing.

I also agree re Majoral, he just doesn't have it. If you think about last year's B team vs this year, the major difference is Majoral vs Morata. As to him not taking the penalty, ask yourself why Benz never gets to take penalties. Mind you, I don't understand why Asensio didn't take the second as he was very effective on the first and Lucas is not exactly known for his shot.

And re the copa format, it used to be the one game only. This tournament is all about giving the lower clubs an opportunity, it certainly is not about money as there is little TV coverage, certainly nothing like la liga.

And re playing the 1st team, sure it will happen and it's up to Zidane to ensure players used in copa games get enough recover time for the real competitions. However, the prime focus should be on developing, building confidence and game readiness of B team. All that depends on how well the B team plays. Given yesterday's game there are some impressions, but also disappointments. I put in the impression column Ceballos and Llorente. In the column of we know what we get for Lucas and Nacho and Casilla, in needs more action (inexperience showing) Vallejo and in disappointments Asensio, Majoral, Achraf, Tejero and Theo. (although Marcelo can play as a winger / LCM, Theo does not show that transitional ability).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:17 pm

Well, finally we are going to see our youngsters out on the field. Probable line up:

Navas
Achraf-Tejero-Nacho-Theo
Kovacic-Llorente-Ceballos
Lucas-Mayoral-Bale

Our shit Castilla team drew against Fuenlabrada this weekend, I expect nothing less tban a route here
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next