M99
Luca
Adit
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This Madrid team is finished Empty This Madrid team is finished

Post by Adit Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:12 pm

Main members of this team are all in decile and mentally not motivated. It was a huge mistake on management's part to not reshuffle the squad. Especially on attack, this team has no legs, no idea and no motivation.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

This Madrid team is finished Empty Re: This Madrid team is finished

Post by Luca Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:15 pm

Seems a bit dramatic but I'll buy it

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:35 pm

Team regressed. Replacing James and Morata with Ceballos and Mayoral is something that works on FIFA career mode. Incredible that on the transfer market where almost every big team went insane Madrid did jackshit and regressed.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:36 pm

It's because Zidane convinced Perez that the team has the quality for another successful season.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:23 pm

M99 wrote:Team regressed. Replacing James and Morata with Ceballos and Mayoral is something that works on FIFA career mode. Incredible that on the transfer market where almost every big team went insane Madrid did jackshit and regressed.
because i think Ceballos is really talented and has played well whenever he was fielded for us, i can't agree with that.

we reinforce our midfield, which is great, but did nothing for our offense. we do not have goalscorer. Benzema is finished, was finished 3 years ago but just signed a new contract...ok. CR is clearly on his way down, and Bale is a fraud.

Zidane has become infatuated with his own self, thinking he can talk this team into anything. You can't make Mayoral into some top scorer, he is some lousy scrub that could not even get on the pitch for Volfsburg. Asensio, is not a goal scorer, you can't rely on him for goals.

It takes a shit season for Perez to become aggressive and reset.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:28 pm

Chill. It was just the Catalan dominion in full effect today.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:32 pm

El Gunner wrote:Chill. It was just the Catalan dominion in full effect today.
last i checked when you lose a game, you lose 3 points, so behind 8 points behind has nothing to do with their rebellion/independence
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:40 pm

Luca wrote:Seems a bit dramatic but I'll buy it

Right! I mean, the flaws are obviously clear to see but there is still a great team there. But Madrid made a huge error in keeping faith with Benzema and Bale. They should have been ruthless and replace them in some form or fashion and usually, Madrid is but whatever.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:45 pm

Doc wrote:
Luca wrote:Seems a bit dramatic but I'll buy it

Right! I mean, the flaws are obviously clear to see but there is still a great team there. But Madrid made a huge error in keeping faith with Benzema and Bale. They should have been ruthless and replace them in some form or fashion and usually, Madrid is but whatever.

I think class is permanent. I don't blame Real for not going for an M'Bappe type of transfer, even though they probably should have in a long term sense but not signing a forward at all after moving out Morata and James is peculiar, not even because of the poor form or Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema, but because of their age and the idea of competing for three competitions (and the Club World Cup) and playing 50 games a season.

So, Real may not win the league. The club has won La Liga like twice in eight seasons? I don't think this is concerning

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:51 pm

i couldn't wrap my head around having chicharito as a back-up or co-cf, a couple of seasons ago. you can imagine how surprised i was that we are replacing bench goals with mayoral. i seriously need someone to explain the mayoral move, how many goals are we expecting from him off the bench? or his job isn't to score neither. our defense lol, that's another post in itself
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:12 pm

Atleti is finished. Barça is finished. Real is finished. Valencia will never have a better chance IMO
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:53 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
El Gunner wrote:Chill. It was just the Catalan dominion in full effect today.
last i checked when you lose a game, you lose 3 points, so behind 8 points behind has nothing to do with their rebellion/independence

I was obviously being sarcastic.
But I do enjoy a Madrid fan being dramatic.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:14 am

thinking about it, when the goal forum was in its prime, the madrid section was a war zone not so different from some places here. we have come a long way lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:13 am

Controversial opinion, but I don't think Zidane's Madrid was ever as great as a lot of people hyped it up to be. There's always the argument that we won an historic amount of trophies under him. That's naturally an amazing achievement by itself, and nothing will ever change that, but I think it's even more amazing how many utterly embarrassing games we played last season, yet still managed to win both the league and the Champions League. A lot of people are clearly disappointed by our poor start to this season, but was it really that much different last season? I mentioned this last year as well, and I'd be far more surprised if we'd managed to emulate all of those lucky, last-ditch efforts that kept us in the game last season. If it wasn't for those, and some rather fortunate CL draws, I don't think our expectations towards the team would've been as high as they are right now. That said, I do believe we have a fantastic team. We just don't have the luck or momentum required to sustain the standard that we set for ourself when circumstances were more favorable.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:25 am

Thmmy, i think, and that was also my opinion last year, that he is coaching an amazing group of players that are happy to play for him, or at least to compete for titles. they all peak at the same time, kinda, modric, Kroos, CR, Ramos, Marcelo, etc... those guys are as good as it gets at their peak.

I said it in the madrid forum but if you decide that play the CL final tomorrow, they will probably maul whatever group of player is in front of them. That's their mindset, at their core, they show up for the big games, not to play against some poverty team called Girona.

So except for the Rondos that we always see on madrid's youtube page or the 1-2 shots exercise they do with Zidane the passer, i wonder how much coaching he actually does.

Actually i dont wonder, i know, 0.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:09 am

It won't hurt to do some more passing exercises, because we've made uncharacteristically many passing errors since the start of this season. I'm sure the team will find momentum sooner or later, but it's going to be difficult to challenge for any trophies when we aren't playing like a top team, and we don't have a little bit of luck on our side either. Again, last season's success should, in a sense, warrant some faith in our forward line, but I think we all can agree that both Bale and Benzema played relatively small parts in that success, and we have no Morata and Ramos late equalizers to disguise C. Ronaldo's slow start. We'll just have to make the best of it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:15 am

it's actually amazing to think we did not have a back up plan to the Mbappe fiasco when we relied so much last season on Ramos' late minutes equalizer. truly astonishing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:25 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:thinking about it, when the goal forum was in its prime, the madrid section was a war zone not so different from some places here. we have come a long way lol
we had better minds back then.

I'd say we regressed rather than "coming a long way."

The lack of Babun is still missed and hasn't been replaced.

TMO was more active back then too.

Last edited by Turok_TTZ on Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:25 am

As much as I love seeing you guys act like you're some sort of relegation candidates, it's October. So you don't win La Liga, it happens. It's still Real Madrid, you guys are the reigning European champions, back-to-back. You will win the Club World Cup in a couple months time.

You want to see real problems? Go into the Milan section ffs

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:28 am

Luca wrote:As much as I love seeing you guys act like you're some sort of relegation candidates, it's October. So you don't win La Liga, it happens. It's still Real Madrid, you guys are the reigning European champions, back-to-back. You will win the Club World Cup in a couple months time.

I would ignore the sensationalist madridistas of this forum.

We got issues but its not like we don't got the tools to fix it.
Milan has it much harder I agree. all that money wasted...
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:31 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:it's actually amazing to think we did not have a back up plan to the Mbappe fiasco when we relied so much last season on Ramos' late minutes equalizer. truly astonishing

Well, judging by the comments I've read on here over the past year, it seems like those struggles were easily forgotten by Real Madrid fans and non-RM fans alike, and I wouldn't be surprised if some people remember those late equalizers as a sustainable part of the team's skill set. Based on how consistently they were doing it, you'd almost think that was the case.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:36 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:
Luca wrote:As much as I love seeing you guys act like you're some sort of relegation candidates, it's October. So you don't win La Liga, it happens. It's still Real Madrid, you guys are the reigning European champions, back-to-back. You will win the Club World Cup in a couple months time.

I would ignore the sensationalist madridistas of this forum.

We got issues but its not like we don't got the tools to fix it.
Milan has it much harder I agree. all that money wasted...

I meant it lightheartedly, I think there is validity in the majority of these posts and they come from a sense of a very high expectations. The expectations born of being a Real Madrid supporter.

However, it is October.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:49 am

It's not that bad, but I think we had a more competitive team last season. It's just that we set the bar for expectations really high with our achievements in 16-17, and in the process, conveniently forgot that we had to churn out a string of underwhelming victories against otherwise inferior opposition in the process of doing so. We simply aren't as fortunate, this time around. There's been a lot of focus on our lack of goalscoring in recent games, but I think Carvajal's consistency and impact last season, was a substantial contributor to our success. I see a lot of people talk about Morata as if he was just some mediocre scrub, but he scored the goals that we largely take for granted every season. The circumstances are different.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:07 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:thinking about it, when the goal forum was in its prime, the madrid section was a war zone not so different from some places here. we have come a long way lol
we had better minds back then.

I'd say we regressed rather than "coming a long way."

The lack of Babun is still missed and hasn't been replaced.

TMO was more active back then too.
i am talking about a time before that, when the forum was on goal. you were not around them, none of those guys were.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:36 am

I'm still waiting for a goal from Benzema, the best n9 in Europe
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor