Kick
Doc
Mr Nick09
28 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Our next number 9 - thread  - Page 7 Empty Re: Our next number 9 - thread

Post by sportsczy Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:04 pm

You would think... thoroughly not impressed with either Vasquez, Asensio or Nacho in this one.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:13 pm

Vasquez rarely impresses, just does what he is told. Nacho is kinda meh but Asensio is a huge disappointment for this match but I already told myself this was gonna be a tough season for him. Not sure what changed but he is no longer taking on his marker. At all.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:21 pm

Well, it's gotten ugly. I'm going to stop watching before the good feelings from our 6 goals start getting eroded. I need to hang on to good feelings about Real Madrid as long as I can right now.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:20 pm

I've just looked up benzema on wiki.

A skillful, quick, agile, and prolific forward, who is good in the air, Benzema has been described as an "immensely talented striker" who is "strong and powerful" and "a potent finisher from inside the box" with both feet, despite being naturally right footed. An atypical number 9, although he is usually deployed as a centre-forward, Benzema is also capable of playing in several other offensive positions, and has been used on the wing, or even behind the main striker. In addition to his goalscoring, Benzema is indeed known for his willingness and ability to drop into deeper or wider positions, and either link-up play with midfielders as a number 10, or use his strength and technical ability to hold up the ball to provide assists for teammates, courtesy of his vision, creativity, passing, and eye for the final ball. He has also been praised for his work-rate and tactical intelligence off the ball, as well as his attacking movement as a forward, which often draws opposition defenders out of position, and in turn creates spaces for Cristiano Ronaldo to make attacking runs into the centre of the area from the left wing.

beautiful
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:58 pm

ZIdane said he would not ask for a CF... that’s very explicit, he is not saying maybe, not a CF can help, no he said no one
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:07 pm

He is putting all his eggs in the Ronaldo basket. If he goes through a drought in CL we are absolutely screwed
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:17 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:ZIdane said he would not ask for a CF... that’s very explicit, he is not saying maybe, not a CF can help, no he said no one

Did he really say this? I'm genuinely asking because I still haven't read his post-game press conference and assuming you're just kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:21 pm

Per Marca

Benzema] has been very good and I will not ask for a striker," Zidane told reporters.

"Everyone can have their opinion, he had a good game.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:24 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:ZIdane said he would not ask for a CF... that’s very explicit, he is not saying maybe, not a CF can help, no he said no one

Did he really say this? I'm genuinely asking because I still haven't read his post-game press conference and assuming you're just kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding.

Would it surprise you if he did?! Zidane has always defending Benzema regardless. Just how he does things.

Edit: Turns out he did.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2017/12/13/5a318c0fca474156778b470d.html

"[Benzema] has been very good and I will not ask for a striker," Zidane told reporters. "Everyone can have their opinion, he had a good game."The team have created chances and I'm disappointed for him because the ball didn't want to go in. "We have to think about our recovery. I'm happy with how everyone played."
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:36 pm

Honestly, I don't know what to say or where to go from here. Truly, honestly, I'm speechless.

"Benzema has been very good and I will not ask for a striker". Right on, you brainless, happy-go-lucky joke for a manager.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:51 pm

Someone needs to sit him down and show him all of the statistics. How few goals he has, how few assists he has, his crap shot/goal ratio and just force him to watch Benz film this season.

Please some one just make him sane.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:00 pm

i saw the 4 clear chances Benzema missed, he is shit

if it was an issue with just this season but his scoring has gone down in the past 2-3 years, and this has become a new standard when he cant finish chances. he is just a bad finisher, and the more we tell him it's ok, the less his finishing improves.

It's ok not to sign a star, at least sign a young prospect we can have around, because Mayoral is not very good, nor has any assets that can scare a defense, whether it's speed or size, he has nothing impressive going for him

I have said this before, the club needs to force Zidane to sign a player. but even if we do, maybe he wont even play him, and no one can say shit about it.

It's Ironic because we complained for years about Flo making coaches play certain players, and now the coach is playing a guy he has a close relationship with in him, refuse any competition for him, and keeps playing him still, regardless of how poorly he plays.

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:02 pm

I'll just attribute his nonsensical comment about Benzema to pure nepotism because I refuse to believe that he's so mind-numbingly stupid, obtuse and blind not to realize that Benzema has been nothing more than a steaming pile of boiled monkey crap.

I won't allow myself to believe that he's that stupid. He can't be, can he?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:44 pm

It has just come to the point where 0 excuses can really be made about Benz. For the past few years it was always because all the service goes to ronaldo or bale. With Bale removed due to injury, Benz has been getting wonderful service but just can't seem to finish. Feel sorry for him but there isn't any excuse and we have to consider other options

I only really like Jesus but he's slowly overtaking Aguero in city's lineup so that isn't option. Maybe Martial? I can't seem to think of any promising strikers
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:44 am

I know I have been one of the big Zidane defenders, but if he flat out refuses to improve the squad he has to go. It's as simple as that.

This isn't Arsenal, we can't just ignore a blatant striker problem for years.

And maybe it is partially the fault of Perez and the higher ups not opening the wallets like they used to, but the more Zidane opens his mouth and defends Benzema the more blame gets shifted towards ZZ for me.

And I am sure Sports will come in and say ZZ has to defend Benz in the media, but 1) he really doesn't have to, and 2) he doesn't have to play Benz. If ZZ is not a complete idiot and understands Benz has to go, then play someone else. It has gotten to a point where ANNNYYone else would do. Mayoral, check, Asensio false 9, check, Ceballos with no striker check. ANYONE but Benz.

I can't believe I am saying this but remember when Mourinho played some scrub at CF, or he might have played with no striker to keep Benzema on the bench and we lost or drew. He pretty much literally cut off the nose to spite the face, and then Uncle Flo brought in Adebayor? Granted we could do better now, but seriously let's do something. It is obvious to anyone who has watched RM that there is a clear problem that Benzema is getting worse.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:48 am

oh you dont need to wait for sports, i would say it. the way he is protecting his players in the press? class act.

But you need to say that and still buy another striker lol, because competition is good.

Problem would be saying it and eliminating competition, refusing the club sign someone, and then even if we do, he keeps playing benzema...

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:59 am

Couldn’t agree more with Deez’s post. I might add that we do have a striker in wanting on team, an actual former striker in his youth days. None other than Ramos!!

I would love to see this given a shot as an interim solution. Perhaps as a late game change.

But who are we kidding. I don’t have any confidence that this season will turn around, nor should we expect anything in January. I’m actually predicting we will be out of all competitions in Feb. and the no trophy season (and no winning all three super cups doesn’t count as anything) will mean the demise of Zidane.

And @Nick, you can’t have Lopetequi (we need him on seleccion) so let’s hear of other options!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:26 am

i don't get why everyone is surprised, i really don't get it. i've asked this question before, did y'all expect a "if i can't hunt with my dog" comment from him? i mentioned before unless you actually see us present a player via realmadrid.com and have said player holding our jersey, quit getting your hopes up with media outlets saying a striker is coming

i've already prepared my mindset that we'll have to wait for summer and even then, lol it still might not happen. for now, we have mr "modern cf" doing "modern cf" things....which does not include scoring goals; cos goal scorers and poachers are not "modern" lol. seriously this shouldn't even be news.

btw where's chad? with the way he's been awol one would think "modern cf" was baled, sorry, i mean injured
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:22 am

I don't think anyone has their hopes up, but we can still discuss it, no?

Has anyone expected there to be signings or big changes? Maybe just guest from my recollection.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:33 pm

my point is that we can start raising the pitchforks when in summer, a statement is released saying benzema is the best cf in the world and we won't be signing anyone (notice i said 'when'), i don't understand the kind of grip this dude has on this club, but i agree with most on here that it's sickening. don't see any major change at all happening in jan, i hope for it, but i seriously doubt it, they'll just sign some scrub forward to appease him, which has been a policy that has had me bedazzled for the last 4 or so years
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:27 pm

The issue is that ZZ has to be convinced that the alternatives available on the club are good enough to win the CL if Benz is benched...  if he's not convinced, then he has to find a way to get Benz back into good enough form when it counts because he knows that the club can win with a pretty good Benz. Remember that Benz made some individual plays late last season that saved our arse....

That's the mindset.  He's looking for combinations that are capable of winning CL and La Liga...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:48 pm

sportsczy wrote:The issue is that ZZ has to be convinced that the alternatives available on the club are good enough to win the CL if Benz is benched...  if he's not convinced, then he has to find a way to get Benz back into good enough form when it counts because he knows that the club can win with a pretty good Benz. Remember that Benz made some one individual play s late last season that saved our arse....  

That's the mindset.  He's looking for combinations that are capable of winning CL and La Liga...

Fixed it for you.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:09 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
sportsczy wrote:The issue is that ZZ has to be convinced that the alternatives available on the club are good enough to win the CL if Benz is benched...  if he's not convinced, then he has to find a way to get Benz back into good enough form when it counts because he knows that the club can win with a pretty good Benz. Remember that Benz made some one individual play s late last season that saved our arse....  

Fixed it for you.

On point though rofl Literally made one individual play vs Atletico rofl
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:18 am

lol i just read it, and i was going to say 'one individual play' as well, that's what really cracked me up.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:42 am

Mbappe is going to send us out of CL isn't he?

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:24 am

titosantill wrote:lol i just read it, and i was going to say 'one individual play' as well, that's what really cracked me up.

I thought he played well in the CL final too... very well actually. His last month of the season was good overall. Created a lot of key plays.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next