CBarca
Adit
Myesyats
40 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 18 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by McLewis Fri 27 Apr 2018, 05:46

The Kardashians seem to thrive on constant attention, drama and controversy. That's my problem. And it's not just them. Shows like Real Housewives, Love and Hip Hop, Jersey Shore, even Real World during its heyday are responsible for cultivating some seriously terrible trends in the generations influenced by them. I'm pretty liberal when it comes to stuff like legalizing weed, women's reproductive rights, same-sex marriage, etc. The garbage like the above is where I veer into a more conservative stance. I've watched all of these shows and I can literally feel myself getting dumber for it. They add no value to society and they teach no lessons worth learning. They openly encourage promiscuity, dishonesty, envy, violence and conflict for the sake of ratings. Drama literally for the sake of drama and it's crazy that so many people spend so much of their time watching this shit. Kim K may be a nice person when you get to know her, but her role in all of this is undeniable and unmistakable. It's not something I'd forget simply because she does charity. You don't get a pass simply for that reason.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri 27 Apr 2018, 07:57

Freeza wrote:
rincon wrote:
Unique wrote: you have to be a clown to marry a kardashian tbh. Laughing

Exactly Laughing

I don't know. I'd do it.

You really wouldn't. You surely deserve to have much higher standards.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri 27 Apr 2018, 10:59

CBarca wrote:And that's the fact that usually breaks them

If you guys have watched the documentary "Amy", you can see the fame just wear Winehouse down progressively over time. There are multiple clips of her claiming she would give everything up not to be famous. Early in the movie they show a clip where she claims music is the most important thing in her life. By the end of the film, you can quote her saying she would give up music just to live a normal life again.

Some people can take it. Others can't. Unfortunately, Amy Winehouse couldn't, although she had other issues of course.

See there, CB mate, thank you for making the effort, there you got and understood one of my points on Kanye.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri 27 Apr 2018, 13:26

rincon wrote:

If you guys have watched the documentary "Amy", you can see the fame just wear Winehouse down progressively over time. There are multiple clips of her claiming she would give everything up not to be famous. Early in the movie they show a clip where she claims music is the most important thing in her life. By the end of the film, you can quote her saying she would give up music just to live a normal life again.

Some people can take it. Others can't. Unfortunately, Amy Winehouse couldn't, although she had other issues of course.

Yet she chose not to give it up. If she couldn't live a normal life again its not because of fans or people around her. Its because of something inside her. I don't know her story but I imagine it has to do with all sort of addiction.

guest7 wrote:Like there is a choice Unique Laughing once you are famous, there’s no way back

Of course there is a choice. Why wouldn't it be? very few people outside of their target audience recognize most celebrities. Evidently is a tough choice and most don't take anonymity again. Unique has a point.

How can you become not famous again? Paparazzi isn't a choice. Kanye has shown multiple times by fighting with them that they just don't leave you alone. If you stop making music, fans will want more music too.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri 27 Apr 2018, 13:35

Move. Adapt. Live your life.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri 27 Apr 2018, 13:38

rincon wrote:Move. Adapt. Live your life.

Oh well, that definitely sounds like the old life before you was famous Laughing

J. Cole who lives very frugal (owns a 700$ car, wears no chain, no designer) made the song G.O.M.D.

Go listen to it
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri 27 Apr 2018, 13:43

guest7 wrote:
rincon wrote:

Yet she chose not to give it up. If she couldn't live a normal life again its not because of fans or people around her. Its because of something inside her. I don't know her story but I imagine it has to do with all sort of addiction.

guest7 wrote:Like there is a choice Unique Laughing once you are famous, there’s no way back

Of course there is a choice. Why wouldn't it be? very few people outside of their target audience recognize most celebrities. Evidently is a tough choice and most don't take anonymity again. Unique has a point.

How can you become not famous again? Paparazzi isn't a choice. Kanye has shown multiple times by fighting with them that they just don't leave you alone. If you stop making music, fans will want more music too.

At some point you become a victim of your own success. No, you won't have a regular life but that's not what you wanted. You wanted to be a multi-millionaire musician, fashionista and bizarre individual who married a reality tv star. You really expect people to feel bad about that?

Look at Eminem, enclosed himself into a compound so he could be left alone

Where is Donald Glover?

Drake is continuously in Toronto

The list goes on, Kanye is nuts because he is nuts, not because he is famous

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri 27 Apr 2018, 13:51

guest7 wrote:
rincon wrote:Move. Adapt. Live your life.

Oh well, that definitely sounds like the old life before you was famous Laughing

That's not the point. Most of them can escape fame if they really wanted. There are no resets in life, its always a choice. They don't like their fame and fortune, they can give it up. Just make the sacrifice. That was Unique's point. Millions of people constantly give up everything they have to look for something better. If fame is such a burden and the alternative is so much better, why not give it up? The question is answered easily by seeing that few famous people do it.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Apr 2018, 14:05

Unique wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:
Unique wrote:lads you do know jordan and kenye only put there name on the shoes. they dont make them. they are made by some poor chinese farmers that make about £2.50 per month. Very Happy

Yeah......you're doing well back at 25%.
looks like im on par with you little buddy.  Very Happy

Difference is I am where I am because of systemic racism against Asian men. You are where you are because you get your rocks off trolling kids half your age Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri 27 Apr 2018, 14:14

Luca wrote:
guest7 wrote:
rincon wrote:

At some point you become a victim of your own success. No, you won't have a regular life but that's not what you wanted. You wanted to be a multi-millionaire musician, fashionista and bizarre individual who married a reality tv star. You really expect people to feel bad about that?

Look at Eminem, enclosed himself into a compound so he could be left alone

Where is Donald Glover?

Drake is continuously in Toronto

The list goes on, Kanye is nuts because he is nuts, not because he is famous

how can you just call someone nuts??? :facepalm:
Now some of you also need psychology lessons.

Celebrity status is a by-product of becoming a mainstream artist. These people like Kanye want to be mainstream because they want their voice to be heard, they want to influence others, they want to tell their stories, they believe in change. But then for someone like Kanye music is their craft, it's their life, their career, their commitment, it's their spiritual enhancement, it's their belief - so if it is all that, and it has become to mean so much to you as a being, how can you just give it up.

I promise you, if they could choose to still do their music, still reach as many people as they can, and still have that good fortune of limelight the celebrity status gives, without getting all the bad press, constant negative media attention and scrutiny, and the paparazzi - they would! They totally would, but unfortunately they can't. Celebrity status becomes bigger than them, and then they can't control it.

That's why some of them just see it out, see it through, because they do not want to give up their passion and work and contribution in life, which ultimately means more at the end of the day.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri 27 Apr 2018, 14:22

Betty La Fea wrote:
Unique wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

Yeah......you're doing well back at 25%.

Difference is I am where I am because of systemic racism against Asian men. You are where you are because you get your rocks off trolling kids half your age Laughing
a wise man once said it don’t matter how you make the journey we will all end up at the same place. Cool
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri 27 Apr 2018, 14:23

So, just to be clear, in the same post you can say someone needs psychology lessons for calling someone nuts (clearly a joke, not sure why this has to be such a serious discussion), but you can divulge the intentions of a celebrity in such a baseless way.

You're clearly a Kanye fanboy beyond all reason if you can't admit he's unstable, a lot of artists are, he's an ultra creative human with an ego bigger than the stadiums he rants in before abandoning concerts

It's not that serious mate

Also, none of the artists I mentioned gave up on music or making music. They regularly produce music with the exception of Donald Glover who is into other projects as I'm sure you're aware. My point is  that, there are many super famous, successful celebrities who do not succumb to such pressures, to which, I will admit there are such pressures that do exist but not in such a dramatic way.

Lastly, watch the maniacal rants yourself, you're sounding like Kanye-Light and every single one of your claims is resting on a wide array of presumptions which under no circumstances can be proven, i.e Kanye's mindset

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri 27 Apr 2018, 14:26

Its also bs to paint giving up on making music like its the ultimate sacrifice. Most people don't do what they would love to do for a living, yet to do other stuff because they have to. Life is hard. You need to make sacrifices. This ultra victimization of people who (mostly) chose to go for fame and fortune, succeeded, and are not willing to give it up is strange.

@Luca Kanye isn't a nut, he is just too full of dragon energy Laughing Shit so nonsensical that his wife had to call him out.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri 27 Apr 2018, 14:31

I miss the Old Kanye

I love how I'm being made out to be a misunderstanding Kanye hater, he's one of my favourite artists and I like his fashion. I'll just never buy into pseudo psychology bullshit explanations for an idiot being an idiot

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Apr 2018, 14:47

Unique wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:
Unique wrote:

a wise man once said it don’t matter how you make the journey we will all end up at the same place. Cool

Fair point.

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri 27 Apr 2018, 17:35

So you like all your views in life evidenced and well-researched by science?

And I even alluded that he might be psychologically impacted by his celebrity status. And I am a psychology major, so I know you can't just go out and call someone unstable or nuts and say that it is pretty clear. Tbh we don't even need to pander around assumptions, because as made publicly clear last year, did he not mention he was seeing a therapist, if I'm not mistaken?

There's a difference between being psychologically distressed and someone being absolutely mentally unhinged which is what you're making him out to be.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri 27 Apr 2018, 17:56

El Gunner wrote:So you like all your views in life evidenced and well-researched by science?

And I even alluded that he might be psychologically impacted by his celebrity status. And I am a psychology major, so I know you can't just go out and call someone unstable or nuts and say that it is pretty clear. Tbh we don't even need to pander around assumptions, because as made publicly clear last year, did he not mention he was seeing a therapist, if I'm not mistaken?

There's a difference between being psychologically distressed and someone being absolutely mentally unhinged which is what you're making him out to be.

No, no, of course not. Again, my comment that he was nuts was intended light-hearted. I don't find Kanye's mental health to be a particularly serious topic.

Really, my only point is that we cannot assume someone's mindset when they tweet, have interviews, make music. Just as you're stating I can't assume he's nuts or mentally unhinged, you cannot state that he's completely pressured by his celebrity status.

I think we'd both agree he's a genius artist who goes through spells of extremely erratic behaviour. It's fine, no one has to be perfect and Kanye is as flawed as anyone else is, celebrity status or not

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri 27 Apr 2018, 18:35

Tbf you don't need well researched science to see that someone speaks like an 8 year old on a sugar high.

rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed 09 May 2018, 03:11

So with Trump taking us out of the Iran deal, which I think was flawed, but necessary, I wonder how this is viewed by Kim Jong Un.

This basically signals, diplomatically at least, that the US has no issue reneging on deals it makes with other countries. Trust is a big part of diplomacy. I just don't see North Korea following suit here.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 May 2018, 13:40

The Obama gravy train for them is over, and if they openly try to get a nuclear program started in earnest Israel will be on that ass....and Bolton wants it to be.

Welp...elections have consequences.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 09 May 2018, 13:47

McLewis wrote:So with Trump taking us out of the Iran deal, which I think was flawed, but necessary, I wonder how this is viewed by Kim Jong Un.

This basically signals, diplomatically at least, that the US has no issue reneging on deals it makes with other countries. Trust is a big part of diplomacy. I just don't see North Korea following suit here.
Kinda sets a high bar for the NK deal. Iran doesn't even have nuclear weapons and the deal was "not good enough" because it didn't cover things like ballistic missiles. NK has nuclear weapons that can hit the American east coast. So unless Trump can get NK to a deal of complete capitulation and getting rid of all nuclear weapons and armament (which I can't see happening) then either it's not happening or he will look like a massive hypocrite by accepting worse terms than he does for Iran. Not that the later has ever been an issue for him.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed 09 May 2018, 19:24

Betty La Fea wrote:

The Obama gravy train for them is over, and if they openly try to get a nuclear program started in earnest Israel will be on that ass....and Bolton wants it to be.

Welp...elections have consequences.

Iran have the right to enrich uranium as they are part of the non-proliferation treaty.

In any case, Israel don't dare to do something military on their own, which is why they're trying to get the US to do it. Bibi has always been like a little dog who barks the loudest but is actually a little chickenshit.
However, with Trump as *bleep* dumb as he is and Bolton in his ear, who's the single biggest warmonger in the US political circles, this might very well happen if AFAIK the army weren't actually opposed to it. It's the same in Israel, the army chiefs are against it, only the political hasardeurs around Bibi are pushing for it.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 10 May 2018, 00:02

I'll admit I don't know too much about the Iran deal or if it was a good thing or not. My basic take was, Obama is a decent President, Republicans don't like it, and it keeps Iran from developing nukes. I didn't look into it much deeper than that, and that worked for me.

Now that it's gone, I still don't know too much about it. I ought to read up, but got little time atm

I know one thing though, if Republicans and Netanyahu didn't like it, it probably wasn't a bad thing. That's beyond the obvious that this makes us look bad for going back on a treaty

I think an important distinction to make here, which I'm glad 538 writers have been saying as well, is that any Republican president probably would have done this. I dislike Trump and I dislike this move, but he's just following orders from the GOP on this one (like he is for most things). As bad as Trump is for the GOP, they do have that going for him. He's such an oddball historically and in general that Republicans can point to Trump as the exception, and the policies of his that don't work out they can disown (and own the ones that do). Truth is, the guy is doing just about everything any other Republican president would be doing. He's just doing it worse.

The tariffs and the travel ban are the two exceptions.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu 10 May 2018, 07:28

Obama's Iran deal was quite flawed.
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
McLewis wrote:So with Trump taking us out of the Iran deal, which I think was flawed, but necessary, I wonder how this is viewed by Kim Jong Un.

Kinda sets a high bar for the NK deal. Iran doesn't even have nuclear weapons and the deal was "not good enough" because it didn't cover things like ballistic missiles. NK has nuclear weapons that can hit the American east coast. So unless Trump can get NK to a deal of complete capitulation and getting rid of all nuclear weapons and armament (which I can't see happening) then either it's not happening or he will look like a massive hypocrite by accepting worse terms than he does for Iran. Not that the later has ever been an issue for him.

Absolutely. I personally think Obama should've at least tried to take this through Congress, that way when it failed due to hyper-partisanship and he ended up going in this direction, he at least could've had some cover. Doing this without even trying to go through congress did not help him at all with this. I don't think it would've stopped Trump from pulling us out, but it wouldn't have looked as bad for Obama as it does now.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 May 2018, 20:42

Pictures coming out of Israel are terrible. Really hope this embassy in Jerusalem was worth it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu 24 May 2018, 19:23

Trump pulls out of North Korea summit

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44242558

Eh, I guess it was nice while it lasted.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next