CBarca
Adit
Myesyats
40 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by Unique Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:52 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:No one "wins" a trade war. It's not a zero sum game. When trade barriers get erected everyone loses.
someone has to back down in the end. but the thing i dont get is trump putting this 25% tax on stuff then he gets pissed off when other reply in kind. scratch

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:42 am

Unique wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:No one "wins" a trade war. It's not a zero sum game. When trade barriers get erected everyone loses.
someone has to back down in the end. but the thing i dont get is trump putting this 25% tax on stuff then he gets pissed off when other reply in kind. scratch

It's pretty chicken-egg in that Trump's threats are in retaliation for what he believes are unfair tariffs leveled at us only for those he's targeting to respond in kind. It's an endless cycle with no real beginning and no real end. As BC said, no one wins from this and everyone suffers. It's both everyone's fault and no one's fault. One of those paradoxical catch-22s, just on a global level.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:08 pm

No it’s all Trump’s fault. He has deliberately mislead everyone on trade imbalances. Most of it outright lies. He is simply playing to his base with false information and trying to play bully with everyone. His concept of a fair deal is win win for USA, while all deals are win win for everyone.

Problem is he started these trade wars and he isn’t exactly known to back down. So prepare for anotherworls wide economic crisis until he gets turfed!

And re reelection, no way. His base isn’t big enough.

I have doubts re impeachment, but if the democrats take control after mid terms, expect him to be a lame duck for next 2 years!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:34 pm

The electoral college is what matters for Trump. As long as his base control that, he has a chance of winning re-election, especially if the GOP keep control of Congress.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:12 pm

He barely won that, primarily because of Ohio, Penn etc re North was easy re his bs re jobs etc. Most have seen thru the BS, so I don’t accept that he has majority of that.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:46 pm

futbol_bill wrote:He barely won that, primarily because of Ohio, Penn etc re North was easy re his bs re jobs etc. Most have seen thru the BS, so I don’t accept that he has majority of that.

Jobs are hiring like crazy here now.

If it stays like this I dont see any reason why there would be a big change.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:13 pm

Jobs in steel, coal, autos, etc. i doubt that’s the case in north east.

And wait for the effect of trade wars!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:25 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Jobs in steel, coal, autos, etc. i doubt that’s the case in north east.

And wait for the effect of trade wars!

Not those, but skilled job growth. Which are smart enough people to trick the poors into following them...as they always have.

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:50 am

I feel ashamed that I only am just reading about this. I'm wasting my HBO subscription by not watching John Oliver, who reported on this shit weeks ago.

I think this is probably the thing in this whole immigration disaster that has finally broken me.

The world's richest and most powerful country SHOULD NOT be forcing goddamn toddlers to court in order to deport them.

I deeply regret my protest vote in the election. I knew things would probably get bad under Trump, but FFS....this is way too much.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:06 pm

So he went to Russia to meet Puting and ended up siding with him and opposing the FBI lol.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:29 pm

It's hilarious how anti Russian Americans are for no reason whatsoever and at the same time scary what synchronized propaganda their news outlets are producing.

"Trump refuses to say Putin attacked 2016 elections" are some of the headlines.

Yet the only fact that is out there is that a few trolls from Russia spammed clickbait memes on social media for ad revenue purposes.

It's incredible how something out of thin air with no shred of evidence gets declared as a factual narrative and every American who doesn't sing this tune is unamerican and unpatriotic.

Trump is totally right with his "fake news media" trolling.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:50 pm

The media circus surrounding the Russian "hack" has done far more to divide American society than the fake articles themselves. Must be Putin's best investment ever.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:58 am

Putin has too much to gain from this to not be involved at some level. He needs the US divided so that he continue consolidating power like was done in Ukraine and the Crimea. As a former KGB official, he'd be hard pressed not to take advantage of what's happening here.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:18 am

futbol wrote:It's incredible how something out of thin air with no shred of evidence gets declared as a factual narrative and every American who doesn't sing this tune is unamerican and unpatriotic.

This video answers all your questions about Americans Laughing

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:52 am

McLewis wrote:Putin has too much to gain from this to not be involved at some level. He needs the US divided so that he continue consolidating power like was done in Ukraine and the Crimea. As a former KGB official, he'd be hard pressed not to take advantage of what's happening here.

Really? What did he gain? Crimea happened under Obama. If Hilary had won USA were going to war with Russia or what? Nothing would have changed.

What does the US even care about Crimea? Nada.

US has only 2 interests:

Russia has effectively stopped Syria from becoming another destroyed middle east failed puppet state brought to you by US democracy.

US wants to sell its expensive fracking gas to the EU and stop the Russian-German Northstream 2 project which will make Europe independent from US gas.

Crimea this, Crimea that. lol If the US cared about humans they'd change their 18th century weapon laws first in their own home.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:10 am

My bad, I forgot there is a numer 3.

Build up Russia as a threat to its neighbors to sell expensive and unnecessary US military weapons to shithole countries (sorry Myesyats) like Poland.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:56 pm

McLewis wrote:

I feel ashamed that I only am just reading about this. I'm wasting my HBO subscription by not watching John Oliver, who reported on this shit weeks ago.

I think this is probably the thing in this whole immigration disaster that has finally broken me.

The world's richest and most powerful country SHOULD NOT be forcing goddamn toddlers to court in order to deport them.

I deeply regret my protest vote in the election. I knew things would probably get bad under Trump, but FFS....this is way too much.
someone told me the other day and i dont know how true it is but they said this has been going on for years.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:56 pm

futbol wrote:
McLewis wrote:Putin has too much to gain from this to not be involved at some level. He needs the US divided so that he continue consolidating power like was done in Ukraine and the Crimea. As a former KGB official, he'd be hard pressed not to take advantage of what's happening here.

Really? What did he gain? Crimea happened under Obama. If Hilary had won USA were going to war with Russia or what? Nothing would have changed.

Hysterics. At worst, Hilary would've continued Obama's policies with Russia by sanctioning them and keeping them at arms length. One thing's for sure: She absolutely would not be kowtowing to Putin like Trump is now.

What does the US even care about Crimea? Nada.

We care (or at least we should, but don't under Trump) about unchecked Russian hegemony in that region. Annexing the Crimea and the events in Ukraine are a step towards that. Not to mention invading Georgia 10 years ago. These aggressive actions are understandably going to put us on edge.

US has only 2 interests:

Russia has effectively stopped Syria from becoming another destroyed middle east failed puppet state brought to you by US democracy.

Um no.....we have not invaded Syria like we did Afghanistan or Iraq. This is actually one of my biggest sticking points with Obama. It was Putin that was in Assad's ear after all and we can't have Russia influencing middle eastern dictators. Unfortunately, Obama was ineffective when it came to Syria, but Syria destroyed itself. It needed no help from us in accomplishing that.

US wants to sell its expensive fracking gas to the EU and stop the Russian-German Northstream 2 project which will make Europe independent from US gas.

I largely don't have much of an opinion on this, but what you see as Europe being independent of us, we see as them becoming dependent on Russia. That's arguably even worse.

Crimea this, Crimea that. lol If the US cared about humans they'd change their 18th century weapon laws first in their own home.

See my comments above regarding Crimea. As far as the 2nd amendment goes, I agree in general. We have the ability to amend any of our constitutional amendments, however conservatives here are vehemently against that. The 2nd is long overdue for updating for the modern world, just as the 1st amendment was and that one's arguably even more important. That said, I am not at all sure what this has to do with Russia or Putin though.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:03 pm

Unique wrote:
McLewis wrote:

someone told me the other day and i dont know how true it is but they said this has been going on for years.

They would be wrong. The previous administrations never specifically targeted, separated and indefinitely detained illegal immigrant families as a matter of policy. Kids were separated from their parents only in situations where it was determined the parents were a danger to them. That's it.

Under Obama, largely violent criminal offenders were the biggest targets for deportation. If you violated your visa or green card for something as trivial as a DUI or a speeding ticket, you got left alone for the most part. Under Trump, now that makes you subject to immediate deportation. That's the difference.

Under Obama, if you came here seeking asylum, his Department of Homeland Security followed our asylum laws and heard those cases. Under Trump, these people are being turned away even at a legal point of entry, their cases having no chance of being heard. So he's basically prevent legal immigration as well.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:17 pm

McLewis wrote:
Unique wrote:
McLewis wrote:

They would be wrong. The previous administrations never specifically targeted, separated and indefinitely detained illegal immigrant families as a matter of policy. Kids were separated from their parents only in situations where it was determined the parents were a danger to them. That's it.

Under Obama, largely violent criminal offenders were the biggest targets for deportation. If you violated your visa or green card for something as trivial as a DUI or a speeding ticket, you got left alone for the most part. Under Trump, now that makes you subject to immediate deportation. That's the difference.

Under Obama, if you came here seeking asylum, his Department of Homeland Security followed our asylum laws and heard those cases. Under Trump, these people are being turned away even at a legal point of entry, their cases having no chance of being heard. So he's basically prevent legal immigration as well.
Thumbs up Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:57 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:18 pm

And he fumbled that explanation too. Dude needs his own selection in Google Translate, but he'd probably consider that a compliment and be proud of being so intelligible.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:42 am

So anyone wants to talk about the 4.1 % GDP growth recorded?.

Like I said , Trump's policies are good for economy. For common man economy matters not being liberal.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:10 am

The 4.1% is inflated by higher exports by companies trying to get ahead of the tariffs. 2018 is prob going to be a good year for Trump though, but it looks much bleaker for 2019 onwards as his short term policies come to fruition.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:12 pm

The year's average is still meh, and BC is right, next year will probably be different.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:44 pm

Not to mention

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin