CBarca
Adit
Myesyats
40 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 25 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by McLewis Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:57 am

Called African countries shitholes and openly said he's prefer to take Norwegians (homogeneously white folks) over them as immigrants.

He said "there are good people on both sides" relating to Neo Nazi protesters and the people counter protesting them in Charlottesville.

He had Steve Bannon, a self-proclaimed Alt-right wing ideologue as his Chief of Staff. The Alt-right are well known to be White Nationalists. Stephen Miller, another aid, is also a member of that movement.

Thinks all people of middle eastern descent are terrorists and is actively trying to ban them from coming here by curbing chain migration, the same exact practice he used to bring his wife's (who is naturalized through the Einstein visa, which is normally reserved for people of extraordinary talent and world-changing ability, criteria she does not fit) family here so they could become US citizen. They are Slovenian, so white basically.

Called Mexicans (ethnically Latino / Hispanic) rapists and murderers.

Called Blacks thugs and criminals.

Left Puerto Rico at the mercy of Hurricane Maria, when he didn't do the same for Florida, The Carolinas and Texas when they they got hit too. Puerto Rico are mostly Hispanic, the other states are majority white, though that demographic is changing very quickly.

So yes, he is racist.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:24 am

McLewis wrote:Called African countries shitholes and openly said he's prefer to take Norwegians (homogeneously white folks) over them as immigrants.

He said "there are good people on both sides" relating to Neo Nazi protesters and the people counter protesting them in Charlottesville.

He had Steve Bannon, a self-proclaimed Alt-right wing ideologue as his Chief of Staff. The Alt-right are well known to be White Nationalists. Stephen Miller, another aid, is also a member of that movement.

Thinks all people of middle eastern descent are terrorists and is actively trying to ban them from coming here by curbing chain migration, the same exact practice he used to bring his wife's (who is naturalized through the Einstein visa, which is normally reserved for people of extraordinary talent and world-changing ability, criteria she does not fit) family here so they could become US citizen. They are Slovenian, so white basically.

Left Puerto Rico at the mercy of Hurricane Maria, when he didn't do the same for Florida, The Carolinas and Texas when they they got hit too. Puerto Rico are mostly Hispanic, the other states are majority white, though that demographic is changing very quickly.

So yes, he is racist.
tomorrow im gonna rip into that post and give my opinion but as a last thing tonight im gonna ask you the same question as i asked everyone else. tell me how the law trump is trying to change is racist when it effects every race on earth equaly.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:05 am

It's racist because the intent is directed solely at 2 specific races - Muslims and Latinos. I bet you if these were illegals from predominantly white countries, he wouldn't care at all. This conversation would not be happening.

The fact that this law would (I say this because it has virtually no chance of happening) echo down and impact all future non-US citizens who have children here is incidental to him. He doesn't care about that. It's merely collateral damage to him along the road towards getting what he really wants, which is to stop the browning of this country. His Alt-right fanboys can't stand it and that Wormtongue wannabe Stephen Miller makes sure he knows it.

I've answered your question as best and as honestly as I could.

Last edited by McLewis on Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:05 am

Before ripping into anything please use this.

https://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/reading
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:37 am

McLewis wrote:Called African countries shitholes and openly said he's prefer to take Norwegians (homogeneously white folks) over them as immigrants.

So yes, he is racist.

And he's going to win the elections again which means a good chunk of America is racist as well, or just very dumb? hmm

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:15 am

Both. They're also just very afraid. He has them fearing everything - Muslims in the immigrant caravan, Democrats taking away their guns, the media destroying his credibility, Republicans actually standing up to him, Trans folks using gender appropriate bathrooms and locker rooms, Black women in positions of actual power, Anti-fascist groups pushing back on Neo-Nazis and the alt-right, Democrats socializing healthcare (the horror!), Canadians charging high export prices due to the tariffs...the list goes on and on. Whatever he doesn't like automatically becomes the boogeyman for the Republican base.

He's the literal definition of a gaslighting fearmonger.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:49 pm

ffs
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:51 pm

No idea how Americans put up with this. How is this guy still president? Why hasn't he long since been chased off with all the pressure a society can muster up?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:53 pm

M99 wrote:Before ripping into anything please use this.

dude you should try to get out and make some real friends. You know the ones you can actually see and talk to.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:54 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:No idea how Americans put up with this. How is this guy still president? Why hasn't he long since been chased off with all the pressure a society can muster up?
because it’s the American people that voted for him.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:56 pm

Can't believe this is for real

I'm rolling on the floor rofl rofl

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:03 pm

The sanctions themselves, however, really hurt China and are beneficial to the US, at least that's what I'm hearing, I don't really follow the news.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:49 pm

Myesyats wrote:The sanctions themselves, however, really hurt China and are beneficial to the US, at least that's what I'm hearing, I don't really follow the news.

Actually the sanctions have caused the trade deficit to increase

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-trade-deficit-soars-nearly-10-on-record-imports-2018-09-05
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:00 pm

These 'sanctions' are going to cause a world wide affect. Not that America/Trump actually cares about any other country bar Israel or Saudi.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:42 pm

Trump doesn't care about America either. I don't think the very word 'care' makes sense to be used in connection with that obvious sociopath
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:43 pm

Not that I've been keeping an eye on Iran's doings, but seems stupid to bring back the sanctions.

Btw, I haven't read anything about the Muller investigation for a while. Trump's been president for half a term now yet the investigation just lumbers on. Seems ridiculous to me that it's taking this long, I mean, if Muller finds out something that should put Trump out of office, what good does it do if he gets to complete most of his presidency anyway? Very ineffective, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:09 pm

Unique wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:No idea how Americans put up with this. How is this guy still president? Why hasn't he long since been chased off with all the pressure a society can muster up?

He lost the popular vote. The electoral college does not represent the will of the populace.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:18 pm

McLewis wrote:
Unique wrote:

He lost the popular vote. The electoral college does not represent the will of the populace.

The electoral college is one thing, but the whole system of democratic representation in the US has huge, fatal deficits.

Not only do you have majority vote in connection with rampant gerrymandering, but then the immense power of the Senate is built upon a gross misrepresentation of the population.

It's 100 Senators for 50 states, each state gets 2 Senators... so basically the votes of 40 million Californians count as much as the votes of like 750000 North Dakotians.

So the vote of an US citizen in North Dakota is worth >50 times more than the vote of an US ctizen living in California. I mean, what the hell.

It's bizarre and in desperate need for reform, and I wonder why it is talked about so little
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:38 pm

Never understood the popular vote and the electoral college thing. America is the only place where you would even get something like that.

I do understand that with the size of the country it's really difficult to find the ideal solution.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:45 pm

RealGunner wrote:Never understood the popular vote and the electoral college thing. America is the only place where you would even get something like that.

I do understand that with the size of the country it's really difficult to find the ideal solution.

It's really just a concept that got ancient once society became urbanized.

Back when it was made it didn't make a different really. But now most people in the world live in cities. It's ridiculous to still have it, and it's even worse with the gerrymandering going on.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:56 pm

Unique wrote:

dude you should try to get out and make some real friends. You know the ones you can actually see and talk to.

Thankfully have a lot of those, from various different races, religion and culture. And all of them have better English reading comprehension than you so please before attacking people for their posts, learn how to properly comprehend what they are posting.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:07 pm

M99 wrote:
Unique wrote:

Thankfully have a lot of those, from various different races, religion and culture. And all of them have better English reading comprehension than you so please before attacking people for their posts, learn how to properly comprehend what they are posting.
Donald Trump watch - Page 25 62175b10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:05 am

Freeza wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Never understood the popular vote and the electoral college thing. America is the only place where you would even get something like that.

It's really just a concept that got ancient once society became urbanized.

Back when it was made it didn't make a different really. But now most people in the world live in cities. It's ridiculous to still have it, and it's even worse with the gerrymandering going on.

My state has a proposal on our ballot to potentially eliminate gerrymandering.

Basically it calls for an independent redistricting commission comprising of 13-members: 4 registered Democrats, 4 registered Republicans, and 5 independents or 3rd party members. To pass a redistricting plan, 7 total votes would be needed - 2 Dem votes, 2 GOP votes and 3 Ind/3P votes.

The important aspect is that politicians are not allowed on the commission, it must be made up of only registered voters.

Unsurprisingly, the Michigan Republican Party opposes this proposal as they fear that the commission would be made up of inexperienced people who do not know enough about redistricting to execute it effectively.

Michigan Democratic Party as well as all major labor unions in the state support it, stating that it takes away politicians' (basically the GOP) ability to secure voting maps in ways that keep themselves in power, at the expense of the voters they represent.

Colorado, Missouri, Ohio and Utah all have similar proposals either on the ballot already or in the process of getting there by election day.

Here's the full breakdown for anyone interested.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:16 am

I'm of the opinion that all districts should be decided by the shortest split line method. It has some drawbacks but the beauty of a mathematical formula deciding it is that you can virtually guarantee that there is no influence by politicians and it's easily auditable.

So Michigan should look like this:

Donald Trump watch - Page 25 Mi

https://rangevoting.org/SplitLR.html
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:18 pm

It's funny because the redistricting stuff is of course a problem, but of course at least it's supposed to be district with somewhat equal number of people right?

While as I said above, and I honestly never heard anyone really talking about that as the serious problem it is, in the Senate this very basic principle of democratic representation, votes having the same count, is absurdly violated.
But the Senate has the same power about legislation, arguably maybe even more, as the House.

We know all about the trainwreck that is the house post gerrymandering, what with all the Tea Party extremist bizarro-morons populating it, but the Senate is such a glaringly outdated, anachronistic, undemocratic institution now that the population of the US is so big and so disproportionally distributed among states.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:38 pm

Can you expand a bit on that hans? Not sure what you mean. The senate seems like by far the more democratic of the 2. It doesn't matter that it doesn't represent the percentage of people, it represents each state. And it actually generates "middle of the road" centrist politicians like Susan Collins that are willing to reach across the aisle, unlike the gerrymandered house. (That gets reelected every 2 years so lobbyists have an unduly influence over). The US senate is a way better upper house than the House of Lords, for instance.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next