halamadrid2
The Demon of Carthage
Firenze
Jay29
RealGunner
42 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Premier League 17-18 Discussion Part 5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Premier League 17-18 Discussion Part 5

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:37 pm

this is why people call you Nascarbarca

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Premier League 17-18 Discussion Part 5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Premier League 17-18 Discussion Part 5

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:39 pm

NascarBarca wrote:The argument is I don't understand why this is coming up for the billionth time.

What was the point you were trying to make?

We were talking about Bernardo Silva. And the fact that he is not seeing any game time, and that this is a sign of overkill spending.
That's why it came up, and it's a good reason to talk about it.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:11 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:31 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Just watched this again

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/aylwwp

It WAS a dive.
Mourinho pouting again Laughing

Tbf i thought it was a pen at the time, same case for a similar case involving Jesus in the first half.

I can understand someone thinking that way.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:32 pm

@NascarBarca entering the thread
Premier League 17-18 Discussion Part 5 - Page 30 N2FORYl
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:57 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I was honestly looking forward to watching this game, but now that I have, I can safely say that I'm disappointed with the overall display.

Maybe it's still worth the watch for United and City fans, but definitely a letdown for neutrals.

Can't really believe it's between the two sides fighting for the title.

As for Mourinho, his cowardice continues to amaze me every time I watch his teams play. You're playing at Old Trafford and trailing City by 8 points, and you have enough firepower to play attacking football, and yet you choose to park the bus? Bravo, dude! Bravo!

This.

City deserved the win. They were the better team because they wanted to win. United played only with long balls until City's first goal. That's something I've never seen at any of the top 6 teams except ours. It's a shame that United is what it is nowadays, after Ferguson left. However, after the first goal, all of a sudden they started to pass the ball and in just 4 minutes, they equalized. Second half was more balanced, but still...we didn't see enough from United.

Referee was a disgrace, regarding decisions for both teams. Mourinho thinks ref was ok overall but wrong about the penalty decision. I'd say it was the opposite. He was with City with almost all the important decisions, even the free kick at City's 2nd goal was easily given (from my perspective, such contacts shouldn't be considered fouls, especially in such areas ), the stoppage time should have been like 8 minutes considering how many useless interruptions we had, but there was no penalty that should've been given to United. I've always had a problem with M.Oliver.

I must say that I admire Pep's offensive football and his desire to play attacking football. City's results are amazing and I truly believe that they are the best team in England right now, but I'd say there's still something that helped them a lot. The fact that they weren't unlucky. They were more lucky than unlucky in critical moments. In such a long period of time almost every team on earth has at least a couple of matches when they are unlucky, but it didn't happen with City this year. I can accept it though, it's part of the game.

By the way, Mou shouldn't talk about refs, he has to take care of other aspects that are related to his team...I'd say much bigger problems than the ref. My biggest problem is that you'd better loose 3-0 but trying to attack and win the game, because you have to when you are Manchester United. Mourinho isn't aware of his stupid decisions and still acts at every press conference like everything was good and there is nothing serious to worry about. I want him to leave as soon as possible.

@The Demon of Carthage, yes, cowardice is the perfect word for Mourinho. He is a fkin coward. He should publicly apologize for getting the wrong tactics and he should also admit that him and the team were worse than the opponents. I think it's a "healthier" attitude. Being honest with yourself and with the players you work with can only bring prosperity on long term because everybody can visualize where they are, visualize their mistakes and make a change from within the heart. But lying every week to the people, saying that you are proud of your players even when they did not make good performances will only destroy the faith and the confidence levels of everyone at the club, including yourself, but most important, it will never bring you on the right path because you don't work on what you did wrong.

Also, I want to mention one more thing. I think the players are talented, I think that every team from top 6 is full of great players and there is much more than their individual quality when it comes about having success with your club. I observed that there were a lot of times this year when United's players were having great touches, great passes, amazing shots or unpredictable dribbles or runs, but without long term consistency. The way you approach a game can change the whole thing. Trying to attack will only bring you more chances, more possibilities of scoring after opponents' mistakes (see City today, it is their merit that they scored because they arrived in situations that could be dangerous for the opponent), more chances of the ref giving you a penalty, more corners, more free kicks etc. If you only wait for the opponent to attack you and after you get control of the ball you only shoot it to the sky...then you will surely be destroyed. That's a problem of attitude coming from the coach, the man who is responsible for the tactics. And if you have this attitude as Manchester United after spending hundreds of millions of pounds you should be sacked as soon as possible. So it's not the players' fault.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:07 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
NascarBarca wrote:The argument is I don't understand why this is coming up for the billionth time.

We were talking about Bernardo Silva. And the fact that he is not seeing any game time, and that this is a sign of overkill spending.

That's what I said.

The answer is simple. It is overkill spending. It's because City can afford to do it. Why are you still acting so surprised that this happens?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:24 am

Did anyone stop to think that B silver might unsettled in England and shows that in training. He wouldn’t be the first player to find it hard to settle in England
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:49 am

NascarBarca wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

That's what I said.

The answer is simple. It is overkill spending. It's because City can afford to do it. Why are you still acting so surprised that this happens?

I'm not surprised. I'm simply hating on them. Since when is hating on City some kind of breach of etiquette here ffs?
"Hans, what the hell are you doing? Why are you acting this way" etc etc
I'm hating on City, what's not to get?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:19 am

Who the flying *bleep* is NascarBarca
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:32 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Who the flying *bleep* is NascarBarca

Cbarca's Anglo Australian kid.
Spoiler:

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:35 am

Was my post too long? rofl
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:36 am

That's what they call me
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:50 am

Mark the date lads. Mou vs Pep war has officially begun.

Bust up in the Manchester tunnels, drive by's with water bottles, punches thrown...

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:11 pm

he is my cyber son. I named him so he is mine. cheers

Last edited by Unique on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:57 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:Was my post too long? rofl

Great post m8. Agree with you completely.

Mourinho will give us top 4 this season with his scared to loose approach. So yea. Fine. Rolling Eyes But to catch city(next season), we need someone who for a start at least wont park the bus on our bloody home ground in an important game.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:08 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:Was my post too long? rofl

No it was fine mate, i agreed with most of it tbh. Only query will have is the ref part, i didn't think the ref was that bad tbh.

Well except Silva's reckless challenge on Herrera which tbh i wouldn't have been mad at it if he was sent off.

I don't remember much else i had a problem with.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:15 pm

Unique wrote:

Wtf is this no
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:35 pm

NascarBarca wrote:
Unique wrote:

Wtf is this no
you are mine now son. I have named you and everything. eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:20 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Just watched this again

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/aylwwp

It WAS a dive.
Mourinho pouting again Laughing

Someone should show Mou this

https://streamable.com/k414i

Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:01 pm

Actually please stop with the "son" thing, it's *bleep* weird

Honestly the only thing that's ever properly gotten to me my whole 7+ years here. Wtf
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:06 pm

NascarBarca wrote:Actually please stop with the "son" thing, it's *bleep* weird

Honestly the only thing that's ever properly gotten to me my whole 7+ years here. Wtf
how long have you been in England? and you still don't know how we use the term son here. Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:53 pm

Lol CB, the way use the word son is completely different to how you imagine.

Nothing wrong with what Unique is saying tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:03 pm

nah I've seen American's use it as slang to refer to someone too

the way Unique said

he is my cyber son. I named him so he is mine.

Implied a father-son dynamic between the two.

Not that it matters, or that I particularly care, stay on topic ffs.

Was looking at the busy festive period, and I don't believe City have wrapped the league up yet.

Expecting Spurs and Newcastle to take points from them tbh.

our own fixture list looks disgustingly easy until Spurs at the end of Jan
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:08 pm

Lol forget it, we don't have a hope in hell.

We'll be lucky if we don't concede 5.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:11 pm

I've personally used "son" on here plenty of times and not just when I'm referring to Sonaldo. I'm well aware but the context is much different.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next