La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by Freeza on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:09 pm

What exactly is Ramos' leadership though?
Acting like an hypermasculine idiot?

It's not leadership if you get sent off so many times and you leave your teammates in a horrible situation.

I have no idea how the other players accept him. I'd be furious to play with such a god damn idiot.

Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 19254
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by vanDEEZ on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:19 pm

@Casciavit wrote:Haven't watched much of Madrid this season, but how bad has Ronaldo been? 2 goals only? Laughing


Horrifying. Almost as bad as Benzema.
avatar
vanDEEZ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 5339
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:34 pm

@Casciavit wrote:Haven't watched much of Madrid this season, but how bad has Ronaldo been? 2 goals only? Laughing
Yeah but he's been GOAT in the CL. So clearly this means La Liga has a much higher standard of football, or that he just doesn't care anymore.

_________________
avatar
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 23306
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by Thimmy on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:47 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
@Casciavit wrote:Haven't watched much of Madrid this season, but how bad has Ronaldo been? 2 goals only? Laughing
Yeah  but he's been GOAT in the CL. So clearly this means La Liga has a much higher standard of football, or that he just doesn't care anymore.


Performance-wise, he hasn't been much better in the CL. If anything, the rest of the team's performed better in the CL than in the league. The only difference is that he's managed to hit the back of the net, which I think is a coincidence rather than evidence of his priorities.
avatar
Thimmy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6987
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:05 am

@Mr Nick09 wrote:this ref, my goodness let the fcking play go


From the highlights it looked like he stopped the play when you were through 2 vs 1 with loads of space on goal

Unbelievable refereeing

That's basically a goal stolen right there

Then again, it also looked like Ramos deliberately tripped/kicked Garcia in the box without punishment, so guess it equals out

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 24816
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by S on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:53 am

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Who plays football at this time ffs.








avatar
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26247
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by Harmonica on Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:55 pm

Barca increases lead even when refs robbed them. Well they achieved at least Umtitis injury.

_________________
- Come with me. Save yourself. You don't owe Argentine people any more. You've given them everything.
- Not everything. Not yet.
avatar
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 11384
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by iftikhar on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:31 am

Oh Valencia Sad :facepalm:
avatar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 7861
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by BarcaLearning on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:34 pm

Pleasantly surprised Valencia lost their first game of the season and Real drew Very Happy So our lead still looks good, come on boys banana
avatar
BarcaLearning
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4928
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:41 pm

Just saw that RM are drawn for points on 5th place Laughing

How many days until Zidane is fired?

_________________
avatar
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 23306
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by RealGunner on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:43 pm

He will not be fired unless Madrid are out of R16.

avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 80410
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by futbol_bill on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:45 pm

He's safe until end of this trophy-less season (and no the so called super cups don't count). Only way he goes before is if we get knockout out early in CL and Copa.
avatar
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3674
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:02 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Just saw that RM are drawn for points on 5th place Laughing

How many days until Zidane is fired?

If it were any other manager in world football, he would already be fired. In fact, Benitez was fired while Madrid was still third in the league (6 points behind Barcelona) and top of the group in the CL.

This is the worst La Liga record Madrid has had since a long time, and yet Z is still at the helm.

Him and Benzema are extremely protected by Florentino.


_________________
•Proud fan of the biggest and most prestigious club in the world•
El Rey de Europa
avatar
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3714
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by Valkyrja on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:21 pm

Let's fire in midseason the manager that won 2 CLs in a row. That's the Madrid spirit Proud

_________________
avatar
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10629
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:48 pm

Let's get one thing straight here: I haven't asked for his head just yet. Believe me, you'll know when that happens.

But I firmly believe that if he keeps on losing and dropping points, then yes he should be fired.

You want him to stay on even if he crashes out of the top four, gets knocked out of the CL and finishes the season without any major trophy? If so, then congratulations mate, you should tattoo his face on your forearm.



_________________
•Proud fan of the biggest and most prestigious club in the world•
El Rey de Europa
avatar
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3714
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by Hapless_Hans on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:52 pm

@Valkyrja wrote:Let's fire in midseason the manager that won 2 CLs in a row. That's the Madrid spirit Proud


One more important thing: While other managers like Mourinho and Ancelotti were given expensive players and heavy investment, Real have not invested at all for Zidane.

In 2017/18, you have a transfer SURPLUS of more than 70m €, after selling Morata, Mariano, Danilo, also James, and only buying Theo and Ceballos.

Last summer, you also had a surplus, of almost 10m. That's two summers in a row of not investing in the team. That's crazy.

You're not supporting Zidane with money, and you're not strengthening the team for him. On the contrary, the team has been allowed to weaken. It's downright weird tbh, seeing that Ronaldo is way past 30 now.

And then you wonder why he's not walking the league.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 24816
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by guest7 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:59 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Valkyrja wrote:Let's fire in midseason the manager that won 2 CLs in a row. That's the Madrid spirit Proud


One more important thing: While other managers like Mourinho and Ancelotti were given expensive players and heavy investment, Real have not invested at all for Zidane.

In 2017/18, you have a transfer SURPLUS of more than 70m €, after selling Morata, Mariano, Danilo, also James, and only buying Theo and Ceballos.

Last summer, you also had a surplus, of almost 10m. That's two summers in a row of not investing in the team. That's crazy.

You're not supporting Zidane with money, and you're not strengthening the team for him. On the contrary, the team has been allowed to weaken. It's downright weird tbh, seeing that Ronaldo is way past 30 now.

And then you wonder why he's not walking the league.


And it's not like the chances has not been there, we've just been unlucky (hate that word, is there anything as luck really?) or you could say just worse in finishing them.
avatar
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8252
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:00 pm

@Valkyrja wrote:Let's fire in midseason the manager that won 2 CLs in a row. That's the Madrid spirit [smiley]https://imgfast.net/users/3313/22/97/24/smiles/4021133811.gif[/smiley]
well it is the Madrid way Smile

_________________
avatar
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 23306
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:07 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
One more important thing: While other managers like Mourinho and Ancelotti were given expensive players and heavy investment, Real have not invested at all for Zidane.

In 2017/18, you have a transfer SURPLUS of more than 70m €, after selling Morata, Mariano, Danilo, also James, and only buying Theo and Ceballos.

Last summer, you also had a surplus, of almost 10m. That's two summers in a row of not investing in the team. That's crazy.

You're not supporting Zidane with money, and you're not strengthening the team for him. On the contrary, the team has been allowed to weaken. It's downright weird tbh, seeing that Ronaldo is way past 30 now.

And then you wonder why he's not walking the league.

Can't really tell whether you were just being sarcastic or really serious, hans. But assuming you were really being serious, here's my honest reply:

Isn't strengthening the team one of Z's main responsibilities? Instead, he kept repeating the same thing over and over during the summer:" I don't want anyone else and I'm happy with the players I have".

It's on him. We had never had a surplus Under Florentino's presidency. Never, except for when Z took the reigns. Clearly he has something to do with it.

If you keep telling me you don't want to sign anybody and that you're completely happy with the squad you have,  I'm going to hold you responsible for it when the team "you're completely happy with" doesn't deliver.

Not only did he sell kep bench players, he also refused to sign adequate replacements.

He's got only himself to blame.

_________________
•Proud fan of the biggest and most prestigious club in the world•
El Rey de Europa
avatar
The Demon of Carthage
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3714
Join date : 2015-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by Hapless_Hans on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:53 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:
One more important thing: While other managers like Mourinho and Ancelotti were given expensive players and heavy investment, Real have not invested at all for Zidane.

In 2017/18, you have a transfer SURPLUS of more than 70m €, after selling Morata, Mariano, Danilo, also James, and only buying Theo and Ceballos.

Last summer, you also had a surplus, of almost 10m. That's two summers in a row of not investing in the team. That's crazy.

You're not supporting Zidane with money, and you're not strengthening the team for him. On the contrary, the team has been allowed to weaken. It's downright weird tbh, seeing that Ronaldo is way past 30 now.

And then you wonder why he's not walking the league.

Can't really tell whether you were just being sarcastic or really serious, hans. But assuming you were really being serious, here's my honest reply:

Isn't strengthening the team one of Z's main responsibilities? Instead, he kept repeating the same thing over and over during the summer:" I don't want anyone else and I'm happy with the players I have".

It's on him. We had never had a surplus Under Florentino's presidency. Never, except for when Z took the reigns. Clearly he has something to do with it.

If you keep telling me you don't want to sign anybody and that you're completely happy with the squad you have,  I'm going to hold you responsible for it when the team "you're completely happy with" doesn't deliver.

Not only did he sell kep bench players, he also refused to sign adequate replacements.

He's got only himself to blame.


It doesn't matter, it's not a question of blame.
But I'm making the point as you guys are accusing Zidane of being a bad COACH, not a bad manager/DoF.
I'm just pointing out that he has won the things he has won while the club has invested significantly less money in the squad.

I would say that IMO Zidane can not on his own decide transfers. But I'm not sure about his powers to demand/ask for players. I don't know how this works at Madrid. Is he the main man as for squad planning?
To say publicly that he's happy with the players he has means nothing, it's the standard, and only sensible, thing to say.

Bottom line is, value has gone out of the squad, instead of into it.
PSG, City, Utd have invested hundreds of millions in their squad since Real last made a big transfers. And then BOTH last big transfers, James and Bale, are nonfactors for the current team as they are not available -one loaned out, one permainjured.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 24816
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by Doc on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:59 pm

@Valkyrja wrote:Let's fire in midseason the manager that won 2 CLs in a row. That's the Madrid spirit Proud

That's very much the Madrid way though. Rafa got fired after like 5 months in charge. Carlo got fired the year after La Decima. You think Zidane's tenure is gonna end like SAF's where he retires with his boots on? Never. Zidane is gonna get fired, probably unceremoniously too. It's just a matter of when.

_________________
People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
avatar
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11778
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:01 am

Sevilla getting rekt in the bernabéu as usual 5-0 at half lol

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 28316
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by zigra on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:03 am

Disgrace.
This is why the PL is the best league in the world.
avatar
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax
Posts : 3983
Join date : 2013-08-15
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:14 am

please put some respekt on our name, we are a legendary team that won CL 3 times in the past 4 years. this is expected

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 28316
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by Myesyats on Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:00 pm

What the fvck was that.... Sevilla didn't even try, like at all. What a disgraceful performance.

Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 8766
Join date : 2015-05-03

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by vanDEEZ on Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:12 pm

Sevilla were deflated by the early goals and just lost all belief. Hard to come back from that.
avatar
vanDEEZ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 5339
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum