danyjr
Hapless_Hans
Robespierre
Harmonica
RealGunner
59 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3 - Page 23 Empty Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by Myesyats Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:11 am

smh we gotta beat Atleti next week....they don't seem like dropping points anytime soon

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3 - Page 23 Empty Re: La Liga Discussion 2017/18 part 3

Post by boyzis Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:15 pm

Shame ronaldo had to push the referee. Had he not got the suspension We would be top of the league.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:36 pm

The officials are getting every single offside call wrong in this game. It's embarrassing.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:47 pm

can't believe Espanyol are not winning this.
Chance after chance
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:51 pm

Real Madrid are nothing without Ronaldo lol.

Imagine life after him.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:53 pm

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

Ramos clowning around in CF position while Real let themselves be run over time and time again, to concede right before the end

I've actually seen exactly the same this season haven't I
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:01 pm

I said it before and I'll repeat it again. Benzema and Bale should seriously think about becoming motivational speakers after they hang their boots. Especially Benzema.

"Miracles do exist, people! Believe in yourselves even when you have absolutely nothing to show for it. Look at me! I'm a talentless, godawful footballer with no discernible skill whatsoever...and yet that didn't stop me from playing for Real freaking Madrid as their main number nine for almost a decade."
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:03 pm

You are correct, this is not the first time Madrid did something this stupid and unlike the 1st half of the season, they are out of the title race. There was literally no need to be so desperate. None.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:52 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I said it before and I'll repeat it again. Benzema and Bale should seriously think about becoming motivational speakers after they hang their boots. Especially Benzema.

"Miracles do exist, people! Believe in yourselves even when you have absolutely nothing to show for it. Look at me! I'm a talentless, godawful footballer with no discernible skill whatsoever...and yet that didn't stop me from playing for Real freaking Madrid as their main number nine for almost a decade."

Maybe Benzema should do a French version of The Wolf of Wall street. Suits him well when you think about it.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:27 pm

The Sheep of Chad Street.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:57 pm

you guys are responsible for Chad quitting GL, my best friend around here
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:26 am

I thought I was your best friend!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:22 am

Catalunya have clapped our booty cheeks this season
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:34 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I said it before and I'll repeat it again. Benzema and Bale should seriously think about becoming motivational speakers after they hang their boots. Especially Benzema.

I'm sorry, but at some point you guys have to stop going overboard.
I get that Benzema is not performing and looks finished, and that his current contributions may not be acceptable for a starting CF at Real Madrid, but he's got more than half a decade of top seasons behind him.

He has performed better, and achieved more for Real Madrid than the superskilled everyone's darling Isco has and ever will.
He has scored more than 20 season goals  for SIX consecutive seasons, all the while doing the work so Ronaldo can get into finishing positions.
He's been an elite football player for the better part of a *bleep* decade. You clowns used to get kicked out by Lyon every CL season in last 16, before you bought Benzema... from Lyon..
Show some *bleep* respect and gratitude.

I absolutely know why Chad is losing his plot regularly with you lot. You don't give Benzema credit for what he's done, to serve Real Madrid and to better YOUR life as a fan in the process.
It's pretty rich to apply that tone, because surely Real have not won a single game of football because somebody posted self-righteous shit on the internet, while Benzema's skill and talent has won you countless of games.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:45 am

Do you seriously think you can fool us posting from hans' account...Chad?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:48 am

I agree

The Benzema insults have gone way over the top. He has been underwhelming but to call him talentless is ridiculous. Even more so is saying he's worst 9 we've had. Wtf? Our worst 9 is in the top 10 list of goal scorers in Madrid history and top 5 in UCL history? Yeah okay lol
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:56 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

I get that Benzema is not performing and looks finished, and that his current contributions may not be acceptable for a starting CF at Real Madrid, but he's got more than half a decade of top seasons behind him.

He has performed better, and achieved more for Real Madrid than the superskilled everyone's darling Isco has and ever will.
He has scored more than 20 season goals  for SIX consecutive seasons, all the while doing the work so Ronaldo can get into finishing positions.
He's been an elite football player for the better part of a *bleep* decade. You clowns used to get kicked out by Lyon every CL season in last 16, before you bought Benzema... from Lyon..

I absolutely know why Chad is losing his plot regularly with you lot. You don't give Benzema credit for what he's done, to serve Real Madrid and to better YOUR life as a fan in the process.
It's pretty rich to apply that tone, because surely Real have not won a single game of football because somebody posted self-righteous shit on the internet, while Benzema's skill and talent has won you countless of games.

I don't think I've criticized Benzema enough, over the course of his RM career. He's definitely not talentless, although it's been difficult to see it based on his performances in recent years. Even when he was only a teenager, a blind man could see that he had heaps of talent. There used to be a time when I wished that Real Madrid would sign him, and I was genuninely happy when it actually happened.

He was never quite the same player after that, though. He had a decent start to his career at Real Madrid, but he was, in my opinion, thoroughly outclassed by Higuain in terms of league performance. His saving grace was that he, unlike Higuain, actually scored in the Champions League. His performance level quickly went downhill after Higuain left, and it would take several years before he found form again.

Those 20 goals a season you mention, don't quite hold the same weight in the modern game. Especially, when you play for a club that's expected to dominate it's domestic league. You know just as well as everyone else that actual performance level matters more than arbritrary statistics brought up for the sake of counter-argument.

He's clearly had good periods for us, and there was even a season under Ancelotti when he was absolutely unplayable, but the entirety of his career performances has been inconsistent and relatively unspectacular considering the ambitious nature of Real Madrid. I'm actually finding it difficult to argue that Benzema has outperformed Pedro Rodriguez over the course of their respective careers in Spain's top flight. That should, perhaps harshly, sum up my impression of his career to date. Has he been an important player for us over the course of his career? Sure. However, with such a polarizing performance level and a career plagued by inconsistency and longer periods of mediocrity and outright clumsiness, not to mention scandals, you'd think the club would at the very least give him some competition. The recent criticism towards him was long overdue. God knows, he's been defended for his shortcomings since he stepped onto Spanish soil, the playmaking, hobby gangster, DM. It's frustrating.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:59 pm

Perfect rebuttal to Hans' comment which was basically a poor man's futbol esque troll comment. Storm (was that the poster's name?) would be (kinda) proud of you Thimmy.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:47 pm

Haha, Storm1 would probably nag on me for speaking negatively about a player. I've always wished for Benzema to succeed at Real Madrid, but if it wasn't for politics and the notion that he's somehow the only player that can glue together our attack, I'd be surprised if he had lasted this long. He may be one of the most decorated club players in history, but those decorations only serve to hide his shortcomings - and in my opinion, failed potential.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:58 pm

Griezmann running riot
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:06 pm

The frustration of Madrid fans with Benzema is the fact that we all see the talent, the peerless technique and feel for the game. He is unique. But he also flagrantly felt short of expectations. Maybe we are at fault for placing the bar too high but Benzema to me is the story of an unfulfilled potential, the kind you can see, touch and feel yet disappoints you time after time
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:08 pm

RealGunner wrote:Griezmann running riot

Our new boy. Proud

Coutinho-Messi-Suarez-Griezmann-Dembélé Proud

DEM 10-6 scorelines. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:47 am

futbol wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Griezmann running riot

Our new boy. Proud

Coutinho-Messi-Suarez-Griezmann-Dembélé Proud

DEM 10-6 scorelines. Proud

yeah...deal with him first in the coming Saturday
just saw that we have to play two liga games in such a tight schedule. We have a game today and Athletico coming in two days times.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:56 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Nice post Very Happy But that part about getting beaten by Lyon every season and then just bought bought him over, classic Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Maybe Flo should start thinking about buying our stars, like they did with Figo, then they might start winning again.

And yes, I've also said some of the comments on Benzema are so overboard, understandable I guess due to all the frustration and typical on GL Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:05 pm

What a player Griezmann is.... I'm sure we would gladly welcome him but first he needs to get rid of that joke of a haircut Laughing

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:35 pm

Griezmann is a fantastic player but he is not fit to play Barcelona style.

Nor is Coutinho.

Nor is Paulinho.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next