UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Who will progress ?

67% 67% 
[ 14 ]
33% 33% 
[ 7 ]
 
Total Votes : 21

Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by S on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:13 pm

Seems like there isnt a better time to have the GL 'Match of a Lifetime'. 15 years in the making ffs. I'm liking these teasers already.

Just book it UEFA

Unless Montella ruins United in which case Frenzy you would need a username and a gimmick change. I'll pray for you that doesnt happen.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Posts : 24367
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by rincon on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:15 pm

@Luca wrote:
I just think it’s exteemely disrespectful to call it a cowardly approach or performance. For me, it’s more passion and heroism. Chiellini really embodied the Juventus spirit and mentality yesterday. There was nothing cowardly about that.


It was beautiful. The dynamic between Buffon, Chiellini and Barzagli in the second half was incredible for me. Seeing them like that just made sad how its one of the few times left of it. The passion from the three of them on, and after, every clearance and tackle towards the end was something else.
avatar
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 10545
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Firenze on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:16 pm

Well, I won't disappear with my tail tucked between my legs if that happens, I'll sit here and accept the rightfully earned ridicule. And for the record, I fully expect us to be eliminated by them unless the team suddenly performs at a level much higher than they've been at recently.

I'd love for Utd - Juve for GL banter, however in terms of a spectacle we all know it would be absolutely disgusting.
avatar
Firenze
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 25186
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Myesyats on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:18 pm

@rincon wrote:Incredible levels of nonsense by fans that listen too much to Xavi and Pep.

@Myesyats wrote:
But if you only care about the result and do not find joy in the true beauty of football.... for each their own, I guess.


It sounds weird, I know, but there are many ways of playing football that appeal and bring joy to many different people. What in the world is the "true" beauty of football?

I was beyond bored watching Pep's Barca or 2010 Spain play. It was unwatchable for me. Doesn't mean my idea of beautiful football is better than theirs. Other people like it.

Yes, and that's why I keep saying it's my opinion?

Again: to each their own.

If you tune in to see your team sit back and kick balls out of play, sail on. But I can criticise that, just as you can criticise Pep's Barca or 2010 Spain.

Going out to defend is not a concept that would drive me. I'd lost interest.

Madrid didn't have to win against PSG but they went out to attack and not to defend. They could have easily conceded 2 goals that would promote PSG and even despite the fact that they missed 2 key players in midfield they comitted men forward and went for it. I don't like RM but I recognize and give credit where it's due.

That I can respect and that's what separates them from Juve, for example... and that's probably why they'll win the CL again


Last edited by Myesyats on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Private
Posts : 7881
Join date : 2015-05-03

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by S on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:21 pm

No. What separates Madrid from Juve is their budget and  their all star squad. Again criticize Juventus if they purchased the best players in the world and played 'negative' football not when they are forced to rebuild and re-adjust because of player sales in an injury ravaged season.
avatar
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Perspolis
Posts : 24367
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Firenze on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:26 pm

Juve have a great eye for talent, let's not pretend you're getting by with scraps. You have one of the absolute best squads in the world, it's not really weaker than any other team in the world. No excuses for the negative approach to games. It's all tactical. Calling BS on the injuries too, you basically had a full strength team in these ties.


Last edited by Firenze on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Firenze
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 25186
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by rincon on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:26 pm

@Myesyats

Maybe its how you formulate sentences then because this:

"But if you only care about the result and do not find joy in the true beauty of football"

Assumes that one that likes a certain style only cares about the results, that there is a true beauty of football, and that one does not find joy on it.

Even if you put "for each their own" those are not subjective statements that reflect an opinion. Particularly following it with ", I guess".

What do I know though... for each their own, I guess.
avatar
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 10545
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Myesyats on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:26 pm

@S

What are you even talking about? Since when Vasquez, Asensio, Casemiro, current form Benzema or Kovacic are the best in the world? That's what their lineup looked like in the 2nd leg against PSG. Stop making excuses.
avatar
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Private
Posts : 7881
Join date : 2015-05-03

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by S on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:32 pm

@Firenze wrote:Juve have a great eye for talent, let's not pretend you're getting by with scraps. You have one of the absolute best squads in the world, it's not really weaker than any other team in the world. No excuses for the negative approach to games. It's all tactical. Calling BS on the injuries too, you basically had a full strength team in these ties.


Just a few months ago you were calling us weak Laughing

Yes we do but please look at the results in CL of the last decade. Its mostly Madrid or Barca because they both have Ronaldo and Messi. Two generation defining players. More often than not, teams with the best players with the most money end up winning this comp. Its a reality we have to deal with.

Just to give you a small illustration, Madrid's bench last year had Bale, Hames, Asensio as the game changing subs while Juve had Lemina and Cuadrado....
avatar
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Perspolis
Posts : 24367
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Myesyats on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:43 pm

@S wrote:
@Firenze wrote:Juve have a great eye for talent, let's not pretend you're getting by with scraps. You have one of the absolute best squads in the world, it's not really weaker than any other team in the world. No excuses for the negative approach to games. It's all tactical. Calling BS on the injuries too, you basically had a full strength team in these ties.


Just a few months ago you were calling us weak Laughing

Yes we do but please look at the results in CL of the last decade. Its mostly Madrid or Barca because they both have Ronaldo and Messi. Two generation defining players. More often than not, teams with the best players with the most money end up winning this comp. Its a reality we have to deal with.

Just to give you a small illustration, Madrid's bench last year had Bale, Hames, Asensio as the game changing subs while Juve had Lemina and Cuadrado....

No, last year in the final Madrid had Morata, Bale, Asensio, Kovacic, Danilo and Nacho on the bench.

Personally, these particular players don't take my breath away and only Bale costed crazy money that perhaps Juve couldn't afford to spend, but thats about it.

Asensio came to Madrid for 3,5 mil euros Laughing
avatar
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Private
Posts : 7881
Join date : 2015-05-03

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by S on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:50 pm

@rincon wrote:@Myesyats

Maybe its how you formulate sentences then because this:

"But if you only care about the result and do not find joy in the true beauty of football"

Assumes that one that likes a certain style only cares about the results, that there is a true beauty of football, and that one does not find joy on it.

Even if you put "for each their own" those are not subjective statements that reflect an opinion. Particularly following it with ", I guess".

What do I know though... for each their own, I guess.


He's totally BS-ing. Its a waste to even respond to him.

In reality he found the 'true beauty of football' when he saw Barca racking up trophies and Messi scoring 200 goals... But Barca fans twist it and say they support and 'fell in love' with Barca for their 'beautiful football' Proud
avatar
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Perspolis
Posts : 24367
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Luca on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:53 pm

@rincon wrote:
@Luca wrote:
I just think it’s exteemely disrespectful to call it a cowardly approach or performance. For me, it’s more passion and heroism. Chiellini really embodied the Juventus spirit and mentality yesterday. There was nothing cowardly about that.


It was beautiful. The dynamic between Buffon, Chiellini and Barzagli in the second half was incredible for me. Seeing them like that just made sad how its one of the few times left of it. The passion from the three of them on, and after, every clearance and tackle towards the end was something else.


Yeah, even when Lichtsteiner came on and that had second step and instantly made a difference. For us, who has seen this group go from 7th place, to undefeated, to CL final after final is a phenomenal feeling to see the constants of our team still this be impactful. The spirit is amazing

but we shouldn't be happy we won, defence sucks, cowards, football lost etc. Proud
avatar
Luca
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 11919
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Myesyats on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:55 pm

@S wrote:I will make this about Barcelona because its always Barca

You're a fan. You're definitely a fan. I know a fan when I see one.
avatar
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Private
Posts : 7881
Join date : 2015-05-03

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Luca on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:58 pm

avatar
Luca
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 11919
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Myesyats on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:59 pm

@Luca wrote:CL final after final

I'm glad you lost all of them, otherwise I wouldn't hear the end of you... But I'm sure you know when it's time for you to sit down.
avatar
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Private
Posts : 7881
Join date : 2015-05-03

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Luca on Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:26 pm

@Myesyats wrote:
@Luca wrote:CL final after final

I'm glad you lost all of them, otherwise I wouldn't hear the end of you... But I'm sure you know when it's time for you to sit down.


Oh no, my one weak spot

How will I recover from such a well thought out and wicked burn? Only time will tell

Find out after the quarter finals in next week’s episode of cucks run wild: the GL files
avatar
Luca
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 11919
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Unique on Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:31 pm

this is why i love GL. all the childish arguments eco smile

_________________
avatar
Unique
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 11650
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Myesyats on Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:59 pm

That's what we live for, right? I love how Luca thinks he's so smart, too. That was fun.
avatar
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Private
Posts : 7881
Join date : 2015-05-03

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Luca on Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:03 pm

@Myesyats wrote:That's what we live for, right? I love how Luca thinks he's so smart, too. That was fun.


avatar
Luca
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 11919
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by halamadrid2 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:08 pm

@rincon wrote:
@halamadrid2 wrote:What's happened to Jjuves defence? Nearly every attack Spurs had they were 5 v 3


Khedira jogs around and Barzagli at right back didn't work at all. He kept getting murdered by Son leaving the rest of the defense in disadvantage. It was fixed when Asamoah and Litchsteiner came in.


To think that Khedira was once known for his hustle. He's probably become too comfortable now, knowing he'll always start
avatar
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19017
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Unique on Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:31 pm

@Myesyats wrote:That's what we live for, right? I love how Luca thinks he's so smart, too. That was fun.
should start calling him rain man cheers

_________________
avatar
Unique
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 11650
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by rincon on Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:41 pm

@halamadrid2 wrote:
@rincon wrote:
@halamadrid2 wrote:What's happened to Jjuves defence? Nearly every attack Spurs had they were 5 v 3


Khedira jogs around and Barzagli at right back didn't work at all. He kept getting murdered by Son leaving the rest of the defense in disadvantage. It was fixed when Asamoah and Litchsteiner came in.


To think that Khedira was once known for his hustle. He's probably become too comfortable now, knowing he'll always start


It was even an ok game from him but still jogs around out of position. On the Spurs goal it's ridiculous. He fell off a cliff in 2018. Was fine or good before January.

His first leg vs Spurs was by far, very far, his worst game ever for Juve.
avatar
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 10545
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Luca on Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:44 pm

Khedira has made himself into a walking meme but last night he was actually decent, particularly when Matuidi came out and on the Higuain goal. Night and day difference from the first leg, thankfully

Can't wait to play the first leg of the quarters without Pjanic.. WATTBA
avatar
Luca
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 11919
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Unique on Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:36 pm

@Luca wrote:Khedira has made himself into a walking meme but last night he was actually decent, particularly when Matuidi came out and on the Higuain goal. Night and day difference from the first leg, thankfully

Can't wait to play the first leg of the quarters without Pjanic.. WATTBA
who would you rather get in the next round loserpool or manure cheers

_________________
avatar
Unique
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 11650
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Luca on Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:43 pm

United for sure, much worse team

Liverpool would be an excellent match stylistically. We have played against Salah on quite a few occasions but with him and Mane it would be interesting to see how we manage that. We would have more problems defending Liverpool I think, speed kills
avatar
Luca
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 11919
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: UCL R16 : Juventus Vs Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Unique on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:40 pm

@Luca wrote:United for sure, much worse team

Liverpool would be an excellent match stylistically. We have played against Salah on quite a few occasions but with him and Mane it would be interesting to see how we manage that. We would have more problems defending Liverpool I think, speed kills
but on the flip side liverpool will always give up more goal scoring chances than manure. but tbh i fancy you lot to beat both of us.

_________________
avatar
Unique
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 11650
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum