dmize
Art Morte
McLewis
CBarca
urbaNRoots
16 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Luca Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:46 pm

Sounds good, doesn't work

LeBron has been cruising to the finals

That's only true because of how good the Warriors are, but even if you look at the 2nd seed to the 9th its crazy

I think the West has more top players

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:27 pm

Luca wrote:Sounds good, doesn't work

LeBron has been cruising to the finals

That's only true because of how good the Warriors are, but even if you look at the 2nd seed to the 9th its crazy

I think the West has more top players

He’s played more minutes than anyone in the history of the league. Sure the West has more top players. But who’s the playoffs really hardest on? Curry? Durant l? LeBron?

LeBron is literally the only valid proven option now and that team is useless without him.

Any other player in history would’ve been broken down from the workload he’s been under for his career. Competition or not. The West has better players, but that doesn’t make it easier for the Cavs than the Warriors because Warriors have so much more talent than anyone else. They’ll sweep the conference without breaking a sweat once again.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:17 pm

1st team all rookie this year is an incredible team ffs

Lonzo
Mitchell
Kuzma
Tatum
Simmons

Would challenge Warriors imo
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:30 pm

Yeah, but there's literally been no team close to challenging LeBron in the East

I'm not saying he's not dominant and he's the only reason the Cavs are what they are but lets be real, the Cavs walk to the finals and that is known as soon as the season starts

Put the Cavs in the West and the Warriors in the East and things would look different in my opinion

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:05 pm

Luca wrote:Yeah, but there's literally been no team close to challenging LeBron in the East

I'm not saying he's not dominant and he's the only reason the Cavs are what they are but lets be real, the Cavs walk to the finals and that is known as soon as the season starts

Put the Cavs in the West and the Warriors in the East and things would look different in my opinion

But that isn’t my point though. It’s all relative.

We were debating the toll of continuous finals appearances. Just because Rockets are better than other teams in the East doesn’t mean that’s Warriors have a harder road than Cavs, because Warriors are so much better and the gap is huge the toll isn’t that big in them. They’re already cruising through this season.

Cavs couldn’t do that at all after their start. LeBron has to do everything every game and that must take a bigger toll on his body than in anyone else’s.

He’s played like 3 additional seasons the last decade. It’s absolutely ridiculous.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:18 pm

NascarBarca wrote:For much of the talk of our biggest threat, Houston won't beat us.

I mean do you have any reason for why not? It's easy to just say that.

Because for them to beat us they would need Ariza, Gordon, Anderson and Tucker to shoot lights out for 3 or 4 games out of 7 against us truly. We are too smart and experienced to let that happen.

Plus history has shown we know how to somewhat contain Harden and Paul. There combination might be a problem, but not big enough to disettle our offensive arsenal.

We're just insanely deeper than last season as well. I maintain the best way to beat us is to get physical, try to overpower us and beat us on the board. Hence Spurs and then only Cavs will always be our toughest competition.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:05 pm

Freeza wrote:
Luca wrote:Yeah, but there's literally been no team close to challenging LeBron in the East

But that isn’t my point though. It’s all relative.

We were debating the toll of continuous finals appearances. Just because Rockets are better than other teams in the East doesn’t mean that’s Warriors have a harder road than Cavs, because Warriors are so much better and the gap is huge the toll isn’t that big in them. They’re already cruising through this season.

Cavs couldn’t do that at all after their start. LeBron has to do everything every game and that must take a bigger toll on his body than in anyone else’s.

He’s played like 3 additional seasons the last decade. It’s absolutely ridiculous.

I wasn't debating the toll of continuous final appearances, I was just stating that no team comes close to challenging either the Cavs or the Warriors in their respective conferences. If the Warriors moves to the East, it would be the same. If the Cavs were in the West, however, I bet they would have a harder time against the Rockets, and Spurs for example. It might not change anything and it is just a subjective opinion.

Also, I was looking at the 2015-2017 road to the finals for both the Cavs and the Warriors:

2015:
Cavs- 4-0, 4-2, 4-0
GSW- 4-0, 4-2, 4-1

Cavs- 4-0, 4-0, 4-2
GSW- 4-1, 4-1, 4-3

Cavs- 4-0, 4-0, 4-1
GSW- 4-0, 4-0, 4-0

Kind of crazy to see how dominant both sides are

I would also argue that the gap in the East, with a healthy IT is quite close to the Warriors in the West when we compare the talent level of the teams in the East to their Western counterparts

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:30 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Towns playing 40+ minutes against Pheonix and they still might lose.

Thibs is a disgrace.

He's a nutcase that's never gonna learn you can't play guys 40 minutes every other night. Thank god LaVine got out of there before he ran him into the ground like he will inevitably do to Towns or Wiggins.

Speaking of LaVine/Bulls, Thibs did Kris Dunn no favors either. I knew he was a good player all along and now that he's under a coach that can teach offense and preaches ball movement he's killing it. Apparently you can improve after you turn 22, who knew.

Last 12 games for Dunn: 17ppg/7apg/5rpg/2.3spg on 50% and 40 from 3. Overall his percentages are 45 and 37 from 3pt.

Overall point: I'd definitely rather have Fred Hoiberg coaching my team over Thibs.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:39 pm

I actually like the Bulls' core, since Mirotic has come back they've been playing really well and winning. They've won 7 in a row

LaVine, Dunn, Markkanen is pretty good

No idea why they sold the rights for Bell though

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:26 am

Luca wrote:
No idea why they sold the rights for Bell though

I forgot about that. GarPax make some terrible moves smh. But the Butler trade may end up being a win for them. Especially if they can end up with a top 5 pick in this seemingly insane draft. Porter Jr is expected to go 4th right now, injury or not he'd go #1 most other years.

Mo Bamba who's doing sh*t like this is projected 5 or 6:

Part of his hand was over the square and part of the basketball might've reached the top of the backboard rofl just stupid length
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:35 am

Bulls keeping it close so far with the Cavs. Markannen going off  9-14 and Dunn 11 assists

smh at the Celtics going down 21-7. They've been pissing me off the last few games.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:00 am

Turns out Beasley was a better pick than D Rose afterall Proud
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:58 pm

Funny enough, the Paul George vs. Sabonis/Oladipo trade looks good for the Pacers
The Butler for Dunn, LaVine and Markkanen still has a bit to show but I also think it will come good if LaVine goes back to his pre-injury form

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:08 pm

Thibs playing Butler for 40+ 4 games in a row rofl

Butler even "jokingly" called him out in the post game interview.

I don't buy the bench sucks excuse. No wonder they can't do well when you play them 3 minutes every full moon and don't integrate them with the starters.

Clueless idiot of a coach who's been blessed with too much talent in his career which has somehow fooled people into hiring him.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:17 pm

Imagine how much worse this would be with last year's schedule that had more back-to-backs? Laughing

It's crazy to think about

Also, how good is DeRozan this season? It's the best we've seen from him
Yesterday: 45 points, 6/9 from 3 [that's right Mole], 5 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals and 1 block

Those 45 points and 6, 3 pointers were both career highs

He's added the three pointer which was, by far, his worst offensive part and while hitting 6 is an anomaly, he's keeping teams honest by hitting 1-2 a game now.

Defensively, he has also become quite solid. Not all NBA level but a good defender

He's averaging 25/5/5, down a couple points from last season but no surprise up in assists. He's doing very well in the new system the Raptors have adopted this season

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:21 pm

Listen to this shit rofl
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:26 pm

Luca wrote:Imagine how much worse this would be with last year's schedule that had more back-to-backs? Laughing

Yesterday: 45 points, 6/9 from 3 [that's right Mole], 5 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals and 1 block

He's added the three pointer which was, by far, his worst offensive part and while hitting 6 is an anomaly, he's keeping teams honest by hitting 1-2 a game now.

Defensively, he has also become quite solid. Not all NBA level but a good defender

He's averaging 25/5/5, down a couple points from last season but no surprise up in assists. He's doing very well in the new system the Raptors have adopted this season

He's still shooting 32% from 3, but been good these past few games. He needs to improve still for Toronto to get any better. Love his midrange game because it reminds me of Kobe but he needs to keep shooting the 3 to win. If he maintains a volume he can hopefully hit a streak and win a game shooting it like he did last night.

He'll probably never be a great defender.

Can't see him pulling off stuff like this

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:43 pm

He'll never be a great defender but at least if he's formidable and not a liability. I remember last season or the one before and we were one of the worst perimeter defending teams in the league.

As for the 3s, he's a midrange player first and foremost but I think he's showed this season he can add this dimension. The main difference is he's shooting them more, he took 9 yesterday which would've taken him 30 games to shoot 9 last season

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:44 pm

Luca wrote:Imagine how much worse this would be with last year's schedule that had more back-to-backs? Laughing

I thought I made a mistake by taking him over Booker in our League but seems to be working out. He's playing great and putting up more well-rounded statlines than previous seasons.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:10 am

He’s having a career year for sure.

From a fantasy standpoint, I elected for someone else and then I lost out.

I wasn’t bothered because outside of scoring and free throws, there are more well rounded fantasy players but I was wrong. It’s also a credit to the new system the raptors have been adopting offensively, it took DeMar and even Lowry a few games to get going because it’s way less iso reliant but they’ve both come into it as the season has gone on

I can’t complain with my team though

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:23 am

KCP still the worst SG in the league... Incredible...

Lonzo is at this point our best 3pt shooter. Who would have thought that a month ago.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:53 am

This whole Kris Dunn stuff just shows you how awful Thibs is as a coach. Bench might not be the problem.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:09 am

Kuzma getting fouled so obviously on a shot with 30 seconds left and no call rofl

Another loss on the refs...

Seriously can't take this shit anymore...
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:13 am

KCP the drunk driving bitch also needs to stay the *bleep* in jail. Disgrace of a human being and worse player.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:13 pm

Raptors 12-1 at home, best in the league
9-1 in our last 10

DeRozan 4-7 from 3-point yesterday, 6-9 and 3-4 in his two other previous games :bow:

We rolling baby

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:45 pm

Watching the Warriors vs Cavs game - and can't imagine how this Cavs team could challenge the Warriors in the finals, if that is to happen again.

The Cavs got James, but after that they're relying on their frigging center to hit threes. A scrub like Crowder or a has-been like Calderon aren't going to be anything in the finals. The Cavs' 2nd-unit has been carrying them this season, but that's not going to happen in the finals, good luck to them if even in the play-offs. Can't see LeBron getting another ring in this Cavs team. And to state the obvious, the Warriors are missing Curry and going basket-for-basket against the Cavs. No way this Cavs team would go basket-for-basket against the Warriors without Lebron.

Can you guys see a different finals than Warriors vs Cavs?

Edit. Just realized the Cavs are missing Thomas, too. Still, feels like they're up against it.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next